Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E02: You Came to Play!

Emma Snyder
Message added by Emma Snyder,

This is a spoiler free topic. If it did not happen on THIS episode, please do not discuss.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Normally training camp is 45 but they took 52 this time 

sorry I meant to ask how many "available spots" are there typically assuming all Vets get to keep their position.  Has it been as few as 8 before?

In the “Overtime” recap piece on episode 2 (not a spoiler - this doesn’t discuss anything beyond episode 2) featuring Kelli, Judy, and Armani they continue to promote the Natalie/Klein arrangement. I can’t help but think MTT producers did this and K&J just went along with the format, but still, major UGH, NO thanks. Kelli at least has some sort of clue with her finger on the DC pulse, she should of squashed this, but then again, I guess she is totally oblivious to former DCC’s social media and controversial opinions. She would not be clueless about Jerry Jones expectations though. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUOiIPhN8ab/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

In the “Overtime” recap piece on episode 2 (not a spoiler - this doesn’t discuss anything beyond episode 2) featuring Kelli, Judy, and Armani they continue to promote the Natalie/Klein arrangement. I can’t help but think MTT producers did this and K&J just went along with the format, but still, major UGH, NO thanks. Kelli at least has some sort of clue with her finger on the DC pulse, she should of squashed this, but then again, I guess she is totally oblivious to former DCC’s social media and controversial opinions. She would not be clueless about Jerry Jones expectations though. 

I would of rather seen Jackie bob and the gal she was hosting big fan of Jackie 

• Love 24
49 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

35 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Seems 

Thanks for posting this, I loved the feature of Armani and I am not on instagram

Yes! Please post each week if you can remember. Great piece on Armani. 👏👏👏. Too bad IG only lives for 24 hours..

Sidenote: 👏👏 to her Dad - I know that took willpower not say something to a studio, that you are paying money to. So glad she has that memory of him comforting her.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, sATL said:

Yes! Please post each week if you can remember. Great piece on Armani. 👏👏👏. Too bad IG only lives for 24 hours..

Sidenote: 👏👏 to her Dad - I know that took willpower not say something to a studio, that you are paying money to. So glad she has that memory of him comforting her.

They also put the overtime on YouTube 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, njcate said:

Not to mention that she has clearly stated that she’s not concerned with the virus. Considering TX hospitals are overrun with Covid patients I am floored they are working with her.  and that jerry Jones has stated that the vaccine is mandatory working with Natalie woods doesn’t make sense 

Criscilla Anderson who’s promoted as an upcoming choreographer is also a huge anti-vaxxer. (She’s battling a terminal illness so this makes no sense to me sigh)  so obviously DCC don’t actually care. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Can’t get over that they wud put a TCC in an anti-vaxxers home while she’s coming back and forth to training camp. Just seems so irresponsible for an organization. I cringed at how close they were to each other at the elevator. They went from a ‘bubble’ to a free-for-all all while the virus is still raging, esp in Texas.

ps I use the term bubble loosely😆

• Love 18

I too disliked the Natalie Woods’ home tour. It just seemed completely unnecessary, and now knowing that she’s apparently an anti-vaxxer and covid-denier makes it all the more baffling. Poor Klein, who is adorable (I really like her).

Madeline should’ve known better than throwing out that type of excuse. It was a no brainer that it was not going to go over well. At least she recovered and did well after that though. 

I want to love Kaydianna, but I haven’t really loved her dancing in the clips that they’ve shown. However, I’m clearly missing something since multiple people have singled her out as being strong.

Go Gina and Armani! Glad to see them getting so much praise.

I didn’t know any of the rookies well enough to care about their cuts. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sATL said:

Speaking of kickline  - the TCC who has been called out at least twice during the episode being the shortest ( I think she said 5'2"), hopefully has the a good strong to-the forehead kick, since she will be on the end. Judy will be watching her like a hawk to make sure her kicks , hopefully from night one, are perfect.

That was TCC Melanie. I noticed she hooked up with veteran Amber in one clip, and Amber was actually the end of the line. I had no idea Amber was that short.

• Love 2

Well, I liked TCC Amanda Howard.
I didn't think we got to see enough of her to see why they cut her. I hope she comes back, but K&J aren't attached so who knows if they will give her a TC spot again. Kelli seemed to not like her from the get go.

Also Bre's cut, they showed very little.

Madisyn and Erin both seemed to struggle. Too much focus on Erin IMO in that episode. 

Also did anyone else find it super odd they brought back clips from season 8 Emily in the "Overtime" recap? But then don't discuss how she was also in season 9 and 11 and was also cut or didn't make TC then as well?  What's their angle here? Promotion of reruns? I am sure Emily wouldn't be thrilled to have this rehashed again, her DCC attempts are well behind her.

I don't get it 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Also did anyone else find it super odd they brought back clips from season 8 Emily in the "Overtime" recap? But then don't discuss how she was also in season 9 and 11 and was also cut or didn't make TC then as well? 

Which Emily? Haven’t watched yet 

The only Emily I know of who was in seasons 8 and 11 was Emily Roslyn who was in TC both times. I don’t remember her in season 9. Maybe it’s someone else. I’m blanking 

I didn't think we got to see enough of her to see why they cut her. I hope she comes back, but K&J aren't attached so who knows if they will give her a TC spot again. Kelli seemed to not like her from the get go.

Also Bre's cut, they showed very little.

Madisyn and Erin both seemed to struggle. Too much focus on Erin IMO in that episode. 

Also did anyone else find it super odd they brought back clips from season 8 Emily in the "Overtime" recap? But then don't discuss how she was also in season 9 and 11 and was also cut or didn't make TC then as well?  What's their angle here? Promotion of reruns? I am sure Emily wouldn't be thrilled to have this rehashed again, her DCC attempts are well behind her.

I don't get it 🤷‍♀️

I agree on Amanda.  What I saw of her she didn't look bad, or maybe I just missed the rough stuff?  She did look a little older than some of the others.  But she was pretty.  Wonder if she is staying with Mandy?

ALSO...... this weeks sob story was off the charts RIDICULOUS!!!  I swear, it was the longest sob story and off the charts ridiculous.  Instead of these stupid sob stories (who hasn't had a grandparent die??) maybe they share a little about their life before TCC.  Like college, jobs, etc.  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Which Emily? Haven’t watched yet 

The only Emily I know of who was in seasons 8 and 11 was Emily Roslyn who was in TC both times. I don’t remember her in season 9. Maybe it’s someone else. I’m blanking 

yes Emily Roslyn. She tried out in season 9 but didn't make it to finals. 8 and 11 she was a TCC.

yes Emily Roslyn. She tried out in season 9 but didn't make it to finals. 8 and 11 she was a TCC.

It’s so weird how they take you once, then don’t, then take you again years later…I genuinely admire these women’s persistence because I’d give up after being rejected (after being picked the first time) lol

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Opine said:

ALSO...... this weeks sob story was off the charts RIDICULOUS!!!  I swear, it was the longest sob story and off the charts ridiculous.  Instead of these stupid sob stories (who hasn't had a grandparent die??) maybe they share a little about their life before TCC.  Like college, jobs, etc.

What made it (to me) worthy of a backstory is because it was death by suicide.  I could not even imagine a grandparent, who is the center of the family, committing suicide.  This is not your average death  by old age.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I suspect some dishonesty on the board.  The top row of veterans is alphabetical

IIRC, it’s alphabetical by vote. So A-R would have reviewed all “Yes” votes and listed alphabetically at the top for that group, followed by the next group that had 14 “Yes” and one “Maybe,” etc. 

3 hours ago, sATL said:

I was happy to see the board to be finally electronic. Hopefully it stays that way.

I guess they laid off the person who snapped polaroid pictures and made the run to the office supply store to get the colored dots.

And double happy to see all vets above the 36 line. I've been a proponent for years, to cut the lowest scoring vet returning to camp.

That said, this is two years in a row when veterans who made show group as ROOKIES magically find themselves on the bottom of the veterans. Okay then. Normally when that happens there is a visual weight issue (like Veronica’s 4th year.) But no one is going to tell me that coming out of the dance heavy audition process, Hannah last year and Amanda this year magically forgot how to dance. 

• Love 14

I admire the girls for the struggles they've conquered and for the courage it must take to share those stories on television. However, its glaringly obvious that the producers think that the only way to "get to know" a candidate is through a sob story. Now, with every "meet the girl" session we are getting a manufactured "here is the hard time in my life" segment. It's just not necessary.  And because its with every girl, it takes away from the importance of the actual stories. They are simply forced stories. People have said they want to get to know the girls, but that'd doesnt mean we need to hear everyone's innermost turmoil on day one (if at all!). 

5 minutes ago, kalibean said:

IIRC, it’s alphabetical by vote. So A-R would have reviewed all “Yes” votes and listed alphabetically at the top for that group, followed by the next group that had 14 “Yes” and one “Maybe,” etc. 

That said, this is two years in a row when veterans who made show group as ROOKIES magically find themselves on the bottom of the veterans. Okay then. Normally when that happens there is a visual weight issue (like Veronica’s 4th year.) But no one is going to tell me that coming out of the dance heavy audition process, Hannah last year and Amanda this year magically forgot how to dance. 

Yup. Manufactured boards to sell the manufactured narratives. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Norby said:

Y’all, Natalie Woods’ house was the definition of McMansion.  It’s like someone thought up a bunch of features that are supposed to signify “wealth” and “taste” (Double staircase! Oversized double front doors!) and shoved them all into one giant house.  I thought it was beyond ugly, but the back yard and view were beautiful.  No offense to anyone who liked it.  I understand personal style varies and if Natalie likes it then that’s all that matters, but like Kitty Carter’s hair, it was just not for me.

the rug on her staircase was horrid. she has really bad taste.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I admire the girls for the struggles they've conquered and for the courage it must take to share those stories on television. However, its glaringly obvious that the producers think that the only way to "get to know" a candidate is through a sob story. Now, with every "meet the girl" session we are getting a manufactured "here is the hard time in my life" segment. It's just not necessary.  And because its with every girl, it takes away from the importance of the actual stories. They are simply forced stories. People have said they want to get to know the girls, but that'd doesnt mean we need to hear everyone's innermost turmoil on day one (if at all!). 

Yup. Manufactured boards to sell the manufactured narratives. 

Now that you mention it - that is why I don't like some of shows on Food network anymore. Even a simple task as boiling water , brings back a memory of someone cooking with dear, dear, possibly departed, grandma when they were little.  It does make a person wonder - what if they would get called out/pinpointed by someone asking the person in the story, if the memory really did happen, 

I'm ready for a happy memory as we had what 3? sad stories in 2 weeks.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

It's been said before and worthy of a repeat - people such as you described would likely never be a DCC.  By nature, the vast majority of DCC have to come from a very privileged background.

This. Being a dancer isn't cheap. Most dancers come from good backgrounds. Privates, classes, uniforms, travel, competitions, etc. It all adds up. Most people that can't afford it don't make it too far. Sooo harsh, but true. 

Most of the DCC's are college educated + were in sororities (thousands of dollars a year), and pretty tone deaf to the real world (except for a few that actually care). As much as we'd love to see "normal" people worked into the mix, it just isn't realistic in the DCC world.

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Opine said:

I agree on Amanda.  What I saw of her she didn't look bad, or maybe I just missed the rough stuff?  She did look a little older than some of the others.  But she was pretty.  Wonder if she is staying with Mandy? 

Is that former DCC/Raiderette Mandy? Are they friends?

• Love 1

I think it's gross the way Natalie, her elevator, and her fridge the size of the Taj Mahal railed against Erica's demand for better/fair wages. 

With her loud enthusiam and her all around annoying behavior, Melissa Rycroft Strickland reminds me of Scrappy Doo. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 18

Instead of the sob stories, I enjoy stories of their families, childhoods, dance experience. More positive stories, a light-hearted glance at who they are.  

Edited by Trixi
Spelling
  • Love 10

I'm late to the party and a couple of my points have already been covered (Bre looks like Christina Haack; Natalie lives in an ugly McMansion).

My cold heart must be softening as I age because Tyra's backstory made me tear up a little bit.

Yeesh, I could feel Madeline Molloy's distress through my screen.

Melanie reminds me of Sydney Durso.

I liked that Kelly and Judy commented on every TCC after their first rehearsal.  There are so many this year!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, PicnicLife77 said:

Didn't Tyra actually have two sob stories? They already talked about her solo being a tribute to her dance teacher who died. 

I still really like her though and am just irritated with producers. 

She did !! Maybe very few rookie candidates wanted to be featured 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I too disliked the Natalie Woods’ home tour. It just seemed completely unnecessary, and now knowing that she’s apparently an anti-vaxxer and covid-denier makes it all the more baffling. Poor Klein, who is adorable (I really like her).

Madeline should’ve known better than throwing out that type of excuse. It was a no brainer that it was not going to go over well. At least she recovered and did well after that though. 

I want to love Kaydianna, but I haven’t really loved her dancing in the clips that they’ve shown. However, I’m clearly missing something since multiple people have singled her out as being strong.

Go Gina and Armani! Glad to see them getting so much praise.

I didn’t know any of the rookies well enough to care about their cuts. 

What was Madeline’s excuse?  What brought it on?

Although I could do without the grandiose McMansion tour, Natalie opened her home on more than one occasion to a TCC which I think shows her to be a generous person.  Maybe we'll get to see more meaningful interactions with alums in future episodes? I wonder if Tina Kolina took anyone in, that woud be 'extra' lol

• Love 5
8 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Since she's attending Jenn's classes I bet she'll audition again next year but as you said Kelli might not like her enough to give her a second chance.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I don't get it 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I thought it was an odd choice.  I'm not clear what they were going for there either.  

• Love 3

I remember many years ago another former DCC being featured housing a TCC. She had a room featuring all the memorabilia from when she was. DCC.

Another thing that struck me was the more softness of Kelli & Judy. It was like they were in the early years. Less snarky, looking at primarily positives. Wonder if a lack of a bubble & less training camp time, less teaching of the dances, broader appeal & more applicants has lead to decreased stress. Truly it was like a flashback to how we used to see them.

seems Hayley Anderson is a high paid gopher/door lady. What’s up with that or is that her daytime position also? Please!!

• Love 3

choosing to hyper-focus on Natalie Woods' elitist residence is an epic FAIL.

Agreed. And she should have used some of her cash to pay a decorator.

If we were supposed to interpret Natalie's position in life as a success story, another fail. With easy access to credit, anyone can live beyond their means in big ugly houses. And her political views (as expressed on IG) are loathsome in this day and age. I suspect they are featuring her because she's become a DCC insider.

No more sob stories. Please. Production, earn your paychecks.

I agree with the Cowboys organization providing housing for these young women, as a way to try to equalize the bar of getting in. Pick a hotel that provides free breakfast. Give them a stipend for meals. And give the DCC a decent part-time wage.

I'd like to see more of the tall Black candidate with the short curly hair. She's striking but I don't know if she can dance DCC.

Compared to the others Armani does look soft. But perhaps the rigors of training camp will melt off the extra weight.  It's possible the organization spoke to her off-camera.

I'd like to see a short segment on what the candidates do before a class - what do they eat, how long do they warm up, how many uniforms are they issued, what other stuff are they required to do?

More dancing, less ugly houses, sob stories, and meaningless talking. I don't hate Melissa Rycroft, but I don't see her value. Maybe she's more valuable behind the scenes.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I'd like to see more of the tall Black candidate with the short curly hair. She's striking but I don't know if she can dance DCC.

Her name is Ashley and she was Miami Dolphins cheerleader last year.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Just don't, it's actually disgusting. 

I briefly went to Natalie's Insta page, how depressing and to see Kashara liked a few of her posts... Also, why all the plastic surgery she was so naturally pretty. The house is definitely not my style at all. Given the cost of housing up here i'm not impressed with her McMansion... I always really liked Natalie but given her stand on issues we clearly could never be friends... 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Sunnykm said:

Probably gonna need a flame retardant suit for saying this…Armani is over weight.   She is a wonderful dancer but that belly looks like mine and that’s not a good thing. 

I noticed that too! Wasn't she super lean last year? I was kind of shocked when I saw her figure. Believe me, I'd love to be as overweight as her but for DCC standards I was really suprised...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

seems Hayley Anderson is a high paid gopher/door lady. What’s up with that or is that her daytime position also? Please!!

My take is Haley is being groomed to take over for Kelli.  😐

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Does anyone else feel that Ava has a bit of a smug attitude? I don’t think she grasps how badly she did going from the top to the bottom last episode. She seems to think it was a bit of a joke rather than being professional when Kelli called her out and asked what she had eaten. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Does anyone else feel that Ava has a bit of a smug attitude? I don’t think she grasps how badly she did going from the top to the bottom last episode. She seems to think it was a bit of a joke rather than being professional when Kelli called her out and asked what she had eaten. 

I keep trying to like Ava, but I just don't. I don't even like her dancing. She has very pretty lines in her own style, but with the guest choreo's dance, all I kept thinking was how s****** she looked. I keep trying to find something likable about her, but she just rubs me wrong. I wouldn't be upset if they cut her. And I totally agree, there was definitely something about her answer that was trying to be funny, but it came across opposite of the way she intended. It didn't do her any favors in my eyes.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

Who knew Natalie Woods would be the one cheerleader we can all agree on? 😂

Not me. She's still one of my favorites and I don't care what's on her IG. People are entitled to their own opinions and beliefs.

• Love 15