Type keyword(s) to search

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

tv echo
  • Start Topic

Current Release Date: May 5, 2023

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is "Going To Wrap It Up," Says Dave Bautista (Exclusive)
By COMICBOOK.COM STAFF - September 7, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-ending-trilogy-dave-bautista/ 

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is expected to be the final Marvel Cinematic Universe outing for Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer. Bautista debuted in the part in 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy movie, a film which called for production in the year prior. On the heels of two Guardians films and Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, Bautista is very much looking forward to what he describes as a "bitter sweet" end to his run with the Marvel character. He credits Drax as the where his Hollywood "journey started," as the role gave him an opportunity to prove his acting worth which has lead to work in the 007 franchise, leading in Army of the Dead and My Spy, and also starring in the upcoming Dune film.
Focusing more on the end of the journey from a personal perspective than from the character's, Bautista is ready to get back with the Guardians cast and crew to complete this trilogy. "It's our third film. We're going to wrap it up," Bautista says. "And it's been a hell of a journey with a few bumps. So I'm looking forward to this, man. My cast and obviously the director, James Gunn, they're like family to me. This is kind of where my journey started. It's come full circle and I'm looking forward to wrapping it up. And it's a bittersweet... I mean, I've been doing Guardians since 2013. And, you know, when this comes out, you know, it'll be in 2023, so that's a, you know, 10 year journey."

In the vein of Tony Stark's ominous words in the Avengers: Endgame trailer, "Part of the journey is the end," the Drax actor remains enthusiastic about the conclusion of his and Drax's runs. "You know, all things must end," Bautista says. "And, you know, I'm looking forward to kind of wrapping this up with my friends and family."

"So Emotional" Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Script Left Stars in "Floods of Tears"
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - September 18, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-script-emotional-karen-gillan-pom-klementieff-floods-of-tears/ 

A reading of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 script left star Karen Gillan in "floods of tears," says the Nebula actor about the conclusion to the Marvel Studios trilogy. Gillan, who last appeared in Avengers: Endgame and will return in Thor: Love and Thunder before Vol. 3, revealed the reformed space-criminal is rebuilding her life after the deaths of adoptive father Thanos (Josh Brolin) and her sister Gamora (Zoe Saldana). Ahead of what is expected to be the final chapter for Gunn and Gillan's co-star Dave Bautista, Gillan recalls reading the script with co-star Pom Klementieff:

"We read it in the same room together and then looked at each other, and we were in floods of tears," Gillan told Yahoo! Movies, adding the third movie is "so emotional." 

"You're learning more about existing characters and on a deeper level," she said. "I'm really excited at exploring Nebula, post-Thanos."  
Whether or not Nebula survives Vol. 3, Gillan has said she's "not eager" to move on from the role she's played since Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014. The new movie explores a Nebula who helped save the galaxy in Endgame, where a version of her once-hated sister lives on after time-traveling from 2014. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Seth Green revealed a tidbit about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 in this recent interview - apparently he's friends with James Gunn (unconfirmed spoiler)...

What If's Seth Green Talks Howard the Duck's Marvel Past And Future...? (Exclusive Interview)
By BRANDON DAVIS - September 21, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/what-if-marvel-seth-green-howard-duck-interview-mcu/ 

Spoiler

CB: James Gunn says Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is the final installment. I know you guys are friends, are you going to be hurt if you don't get the call to go join? Do you know if you're part of it yet?
SG:
I don't know if Howard's a part of it, I haven't heard anything about that. The only thing I know is that it's the girls' story, it's the sisters' story, that it's Gamora and Nebula's story. So I don't know if it's a prequel, or if it comes off in the new timeline that's splintered post-the Time Heist. Honestly, I don't know anything about it.

I wouldn't be hurt if Howard's not a central character to the sisters' story.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The way I see it.  Volume 1 was about Starlord’s Mommy issues, 2 about his Daddy issues and so I anticipate 3 will connect to the family he has on Earth somehow.  I feel like if his family on Earth isn’t dealt with it’s this huge hanging thread.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

The way I see it.  Volume 1 was about Starlord’s Mommy issues, 2 about his Daddy issues and so I anticipate 3 will connect to the family he has on Earth somehow.  I feel like if his family on Earth isn’t dealt with it’s this huge hanging thread.  

Won't Vol. III be The Search for SpockGamora?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

If you'd asked me to make a list of top 100 picks for Adam Warlock, Poulter wouldn't be on it. I'm not complaining, mind you, just surprised. Also, the other roles I saw him in were Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Maze Runner. He wasn't a shining hero in either of those.

OTOH, he was going to be in the LOTR series, but had to drop out for scheduling reasons. Maybe he can play a hero.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

Also, the other roles I saw him in were Voyage of the Dawn Treader and Maze Runner. He wasn't a shining hero in either of those.

I had to check IMDb to see if I knew him and those are the 2 franchises I'd seen him in. I can't really judge him as Warlock.

Anyone know if we'll get The Goddess and Magus?

• Love 1
(edited)

Chukwudi Iwuji is playing an as yet unspoiled role in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (in this interview, he talked about working with James Gunn on both DC's Peacemaker and Marvel's GoTG3)...

Edited by tv echo

James Gunn Teases Major Role for Chukwudi Iwuji in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
BY JEREMY DICK     NOV 08, 2021
https://movieweb.com/guardians-3-chukwudi-iwuji-major-role/ 

"Chuk has indeed joined the cast," James Gunn said to a fan who noticed the actor in the photo. "After working with him on Peacemaker I wasn't about to let go of one of the best actors I've ever worked with - so I gave him the role most every big name actor in Hollywood wanted."

(edited)

James Gunn on 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' and the 'Holiday Special'; Says Sequel Is "Different Than What People Are Going to Expect"
BY JACK KING    JAN 11, 2022
https://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-holiday-special-james-gunn-comments/

Speaking to us about his new DCEU series Peacemaker - as we all know, this dude has fingers in a whole lotta pies - he begins by answering our question on Guardians 3 with praise for the British-Nigerian actor Chukwudi Iwuji, claiming that people are "freaking out over how good this guy is".
"It's going great. Chukwudi, who plays Murn in Peacemaker, is one of the main characters in the movie and people are freaking out over how good this guy is. Literally freaking out. I think that I'm really happy. I gave a bunch of scenes to Marvel right before Christmas break. Kevin [Feige] went... They were all really, really, really stoked. But also, it's not going to be the movie people... It's different than what people are going to expect. It's a hard road, but I'm really happy with it so far."
Gunn also had some words on the upcoming Guardians Holiday Special, which is set to hit Disney+ in December 2022. But this might surprise you: although the show is out in less than twelve months, they haven't even started filming the thing yet. Gunn says:

"It's still upcoming in the shoot. We were supposed to shoot one day in LA, and there's too much Omicron around, so we couldn't do it. We're going to have to fit it in. I haven't started yet. I'm excited to. It's fun. The holiday special is... I'm almost jealous of it, even though I wrote it because people freak out so much on how much they love the script for the holiday special that I'm almost like, 'Well, wait. I've got this movie here I've been working on for two years. You love the holiday special that I literally wrote in a very short amount of time.' But, it is really funny and really good."

(Collider Interviews)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

James Gunn On End Of ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Franchise & ‘Peacemaker’s Butterfly Secret: Hero Nation Podcast
By Anthony D'Alessandro, Dominic Patten     January 27, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/01/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-james-gunn-peacemaker-interview-podcast-1234921196/ 

“This is the end for us, the last time people will see this team of Guardians,” James Gunn told us on today’s Hero Nation about the franchise’s conclusion with Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3 due out on May 5, 2023.

You can listen to our conversation with Gunn about the last chapter in the $1.6 billion-plus grossing series as well as his latest HBO Max series Peacemaker, below:
“It’s big; it’s so, so big and dark, and different from what people might be expecting it to be,” Gunn teased from the Marvel production’s set in Atlanta.

“I just want to be true to the characters, the story and give people the wrap-up that they deserve for the story,” Gunn continued, “That’s always a little bit scary; I’m doing my best.”

“I’m aware that the third film in most trilogies sucks; not always,” he added.
In regards to Vol. 3’s mixed tape, Gunn told us it’s obviously “Youndu’s Zune; the Zune is the mix.”

Edited by tv echo

‘Peacemaker’ Star Chukwudi Iwuji on That Shocking Moment and His ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Role
By Jordan Moreau   Feb 10, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/features/peacemaker-murn-dead-chukwudi-iwuji-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1235175505/ 

How is it different working with Gunn on “Peacemaker” to “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3”?
The production is so big. James and I, we’re picking up where we left off. [The character] is very different from Murn. It requires different stuff from me. The way James works with me is pretty much the same, which is he trusts my choices — but at the same time when I give him a choice, he’s ready to push it further. He’s making me push myself. This character needs an extremism that I didn’t need to really tap into in “Peacemaker” that I’m tapping into here. Our relationship remains the same, one of enjoyment, mutual love and trust.

Which “Guardians” members are you sharing scenes with the most?
I can’t say who I’m opposite the most, but I will say that I interact with everyone. I’ll give you that nugget. I get to share the love.

Are you flexing different acting muscles while playing this mystery character compared to Murn?
It’s a lot different. Murn is a very contained guy with bursts of anger and emotion. What I’m dealing with is a completely different guy, who, let’s just say, is the extreme opposite of Murn in many ways. It’s a different kind of world and universe. You’re really trying to push me for more, aren’t you?

Edited by tv echo

I still have no idea how Gamora could possibly be part of this movie unless it's flashbacks of her that the characters have. When Tony did the snap in Endgame, I only see two options as to what he did. He either 'send everything that came from 2014 back to 2014' or 'destroy everything that came from 2014'. Tony had no idea that Gamora was there so he wouldn't have made an exception. Which means that 2014 Gamora is either dead or went back to her timeline. So there shouldn't be a Gamora in the current timeline that the group can look for.

4 hours ago, Smad said:

I still have no idea how Gamora could possibly be part of this movie unless it's flashbacks of her that the characters have. When Tony did the snap in Endgame, I only see two options as to what he did. He either 'send everything that came from 2014 back to 2014' or 'destroy everything that came from 2014'. Tony had no idea that Gamora was there so he wouldn't have made an exception. Which means that 2014 Gamora is either dead or went back to her timeline. So there shouldn't be a Gamora in the current timeline that the group can look for.

Or he sent away or killed everyone fighting against them which wouldn’t include her. He didn’t even know where they came from so “everything that came from 2014” seems like an unlikely parameter as opposed to “everyone fighting with Thanos”. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Dani said:

Or he sent away or killed everyone fighting against them which wouldn’t include her. He didn’t even know where they came from so “everything that came from 2014” seems like an unlikely parameter as opposed to “everyone fighting with Thanos”. 

They planned the Time Heist, for which he was there for, so he does know which year everyone traveled to. And even if he doesn't guess the year, their Thanos was dead so this one could only have come from the past. 'Send them back where they cam from' or 'send them back to their year' still seems more likely than 'everyone fighting with Thanos'.

5 hours ago, Smad said:

They planned the Time Heist, for which he was there for, so he does know which year everyone traveled to. And even if he doesn't guess the year, their Thanos was dead so this one could only have come from the past. 'Send them back where they cam from' or 'send them back to their year' still seems more likely than 'everyone fighting with Thanos'.

I don’t think it even matters what was most likely because your point was that she couldn’t possibly be in this movie because there was no way for Tony to know to exempt Gamora. I’m just pointing out that there is a easy explanation of how he could have targeted those who disappeared that puts Gamora on the surviving side even without Tony knowing a thing about her. Us vs. them puts Gamora solidly on the us side since she was fighting against Thanos. 

Gamora or no Gamora, I just hope this movie focuses a lot less on Quill and a lot more on the other characters. Nebula was the big, breakout star of Endgame who everyone seems to love, so let her and Rocket be the de facto leads while Quill is relegated to a support role.

I just have no real desire to see Chris Pratt being a heroic hero again.

• Love 6

James Gunn made the following comments about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 during a recent interview...

‘Peacemaker’ Season Finale: James Gunn on Pulling Off [OMITTED WORD] Shocking Cameo
By Adam B. Vary   Feb 17, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/peacemaker-season-1-finale-justice-league-james-gunn-1235184463/ 

You’re in the middle of shooting “Guardians Vol. 3,” which you jumped right into after finishing your first TV show. Is there anything you accomplished with “Peacemaker” that you’ve been applying with “Guardians Vol. 3”?
A little bit. I had as much fun as you could have during COVID making “Peacemaker,” and so I’m trying to apply that more to “Vol. 3.” In all truth, the first two “Guardians,” I love the cast and crew, but they were really difficult to make. And a lot of that was self-imposed difficulty by me. I realized after “Vol. 2” that I couldn’t continue to live a life if I made everything I did like “Vol. 2,” which I just killed myself over, unnecessarily. I needed to balance my life a little bit better. And so I’ve been applying that to “Vol. 3.”

I think “The Suicide Squad” also has informed “Vol. 3” a lot in terms of how we’re shooting it. There’s a different type of groundedness, I think, in this movie that we had in both “Peacemaker” and “Suicide Squad.” I learned so much from everything that I do.
That feels like a pivot for you after spending so much time making feature films. Is that more appealing to you now?
Yeah, I think I pretty much have decided that after I’m done with “Guardians,” I’m going to be doing television for at least a year. My mind’s made up on that. Not all the shows that we’re dealing with are things that I’m going to be writing and directing, so some of them may take different amounts of my my time. “Peacemaker” is going to be me writing, me directing and spending all my time on set. But other other shows that may not be writing and directing or not directing all the episodes.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Casting Spoils 'Fun' Bar Scene
By Russ Milheim   March 13, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-cast-spoilers-scene 

A new posting on Tammy Smith Casting spoiled a new "fun" bar scene for the upcoming Marvel Studios’ film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

The post noted that they need older men of any ethnicity between the ages of 35 and 60 years old for a “FUN Club/Bar scene with a mixed group of LGBTQ+” individuals.

The post was for extra work in Atlanta, where the production is currently taking place. Extras who are cast would begin filming the scene on Thursday, March 17; those working have to be fully vaccinated in order to be booked.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'Guardians of the Galaxy 3’ Star Karen Gillan Says She Improvised ‘A Lot More Lines’ in Marvel Threequel
Andi Ortiz | April 4, 2022
https://www.thewrap.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-karen-gillan-improvising-lines-interview/ 

A script for James Gunn’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” was definitely written — but the actors aren’t always sticking to it. According to Karen Gillan, who plays Nebula in the MCU, the “Guardians” threequel marks the most she’s ever improvised with her character.

“There’s been way more improv for me this time around than I have ever given before,” Gillan told TheWrap while promoting her new Netflix comedy “The Bubble.”

That’s not to say she hasn’t improvised with Nebula in the past. In fact, one line in particular that fans latched onto from “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” was when Nebula violently spits out a bite of a Yaro Root and calmly says “It’s not ripe” — and that was improvised. Then of course, there was Nebula and Tony Stark’s journey after “Infinity War,” when they were stranded in space.

“I will say, I’ve improvised a fair bit of Nebula because I don’t know if you saw ‘Endgame,’ which seems like — (laughs) — That’s a ridiculous question. But basically, all of the stuff with Robert Downey Jr. at the beginning was like, that whole montage was improvised,” she said.

“Because all that was written was oh, they play football. They eat, they do this. And then we kind of ended up getting to improvise because he’s an amazing improviser,” Gillan continued. “And so there was all this stuff about them playing the game and how much it meant to Nebula that she actually got to win something. And so she’s been slowly getting more improv-y.”

According to the actress, “Guardians 3” is just taking things to the next level.

“This time around in ‘Guardians 3’, she’s, yeah, she’s improvising a lot more lines,” Gillan promised. “I don’t know if they’ll make the cut but I hope they do.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Karen Gillan on How Avengers: Endgame Changed Nebula Going Into Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
By Germain Lussier    April 12, 2022
https://gizmodo.com/marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-karen-gillan-nebula-mc-1848784242

“One of the most interesting things about Nebula for me was her relationship with her father and sister,” Gillan told io9 while discussing her new movie, Dual, in theaters this weekend. “And now that her father, Thanos, has been eliminated, he was the source of all of her torment and abuse. It’s really interesting to explore how this character starts to heal and who this character starts to become now that the threat that was always looming over her is gone. So I’ve been having a lot of fun with that.”
“What can I tell you without telling you?” Gillan laughed. “I mean, she’s definitely going to become a slightly different person as the events unfold after all those events in Endgame. So we’re definitely going to see a new version of the character. Maybe a looser version of the character? Maybe a little more levity? But we’ll see because I haven’t actually seen the movie yet.”

The implication there is she’s probably filmed more funny stuff as Nebula—but until the film is finished and edited, she can’t be sure exactly what makes it in and what doesn’t. She did, however, add a bit more about the overall implications of the film on the MCU. “This is going to be an amazing adventure for the Guardians,” Gillan said. “And also, maybe we might be closing out a final chapter for the Guardians as we know it.”

Edited by tv echo

I'm really keen to see the idea that Nebula has grown and developed confidence in herself and a sense of security that she didn't have before. Seeing her and Quill clash over leadership roles would be fun (and honestly, I can't see many people siding with Quill). I definitely want to see how her relationship with Rocket grew in the five years when they were working together.

• Love 4
(edited)

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Actress Celebrates Wrap With Groot Cake (Photo)
By Russ Milheim   April 24, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-groot-cake-photo

On Instagram, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 star Pom Klementieff, who portrays Mantis, posted to celebrate her wrap on the upcoming threequel.

The star celebrated by making a cake for the cast and crew, exclaiming....[:]

"Love my Guardians of the Galaxy family! I wrapped #GotGVol3 , here is a cake I made :blush: We are Groot forever"
While it seems Mantis may be wrapped on the project, the whole project isn't quite done yet—but it is close. James Gunn recently posted on April 13 that they had thirteen days left of shooting to complete. This would place everyone's wrap for the very end of April, potentially into the first few days of May.

278993432_700763824522494_61686408201605 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Karen Gillan Casts Doubt on Her Marvel Future After Guardians of the Galaxy 3
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal   May 4, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-karen-gillan-future-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-after 

Karen Gillan, who plays the MCU's Nebula, confirmed via an Instagram post that she has already wrapped filming for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

gillan.jpg

"And that’s a wrap on Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3!!!!!I don’t know if Nebula will return beyond this, it’s possible that this is her final chapter. And if that’s the case, then I just want to say thank you to @jamesgunn for giving me such an interesting, complex and fascinating character to play.I have enjoyed this exploration more than any other character I’ve played.That was one hell of a decade. Thanks for watching…"

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

How Star-Lord Is Different in Thor: Love and Thunder vs. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
By Germain Lussier    May 12, 2022
https://gizmodo.com/chris-pratt-star-lord-guardians-3-thor-4-marvel-studios-1848911633

Speaking on the occasion of his next movie, Jurassic World Dominion, out June 10, io9 asked Pratt how Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, is different in the next two movies we’ll see him in. “Well, you know, there’s James Gunn’s Peter Quill and then there’s the Peter Quill that has existed outside of James Gunn, which is in cameos in The Avengers and now the cameos in Thor,” Pratt said. “And so truly the Peter Quill that I do when James is in charge is an extension of him. And the Peter Quill that I do when it’s not him in charge is really kind of me let loose to do a little bit more than probably he would want me to do, in some way. So I guess the difference would be that.”

“James Gunn has a [focus] for Quill that isn’t on for Thor or for Avengers,” Pratt continued. “And so we’ll see how that plays out when it comes out. I mean, we’re obviously dealing with the end of Avengers and where that left the Guardians of the Galaxy with Thor [Love and Thunder]. We’ll see how that sort of transition works to set up [Guardians of the Galaxy] Volume 3.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Will Poulter Talks His Upcoming ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3,’ Role & Wants To “Go On A Journey” As Adam Warlock
Ned Booth     May 19, 2022
https://theplaylist.net/will-poulter-guardians-vol-3-adam-warlock-interview-20220519/ 

In an interview with The Playlist about “The Score,” to be published closer to its release date, Poulter spoke a little about his upcoming role in the MCU. In fact, when Poulter auditioned for the new “Guardians” film, he had no idea what part he was going for.

“I first auditioned in June of last year [2021], and that was the first time I auditioned, and then I kind of got the role in September, I think,” he said. “And then started shooting in December…I didn’t know what character, initially, I was auditioning for. I kind of knew sort of closer to the time [of casting] who I was reading for. Although I wasn’t familiar with Adam Warlock beforehand, I was very familiar with ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ and it was kind of my favorite ‘planet’ within the Marvel universe, if you like. I’m just a huge fan of the tone and the creativity and James Gunn’s work and so many of the actors, you know, that I now get to call colleagues, which I’m very grateful for. So yeah, to have any kind of part in that world is very, very cool for me.”

‘Vol. 3’ of the Guardians series sees Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldaña, Vin Diesel, and Bradley Cooper reunite for another adventure. And like those stars, Poulter had to prep his body to get into superhero shape. Even so, Poulter’s staying mum on how dramatic his transformation was. “I’m hesitant to talk about it because I don’t know how it translated onscreen,” he told us. “That [transformation] was kind of part and parcel of the preparations, and I will say I couldn’t have been better supported by Marvel and the team of people I work with. Like, it took a large number of people to help me get there; it’s not something I did on my own. When the film comes out, I’m hoping to talk about it more candidly.” Indeed, it takes a village to get in peak physical condition even without the caveat of portraying a comic book hero.

Phase 4 of the MCU is well underway at this point, but even with those laid-out plans, it’s hard to tell exactly what’s on the horizon for Marvel’s future. So, is Poulter signed up for multiple appearances as Warlock? Said Poulter: “I don’t know. I honestly don’t know what’s in store for me. I’m waiting to find out, and that’s the honest truth, but, needless to say, I’d love to sort of go on a journey with that character.”

Edited by tv echo

‘Suicide Squad’ Breakout Daniela Melchior Will Appear In ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’
By Andreas Wiseman June 1, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/06/guardians-galaxy-suicide-squad-daniela-melchior-james-gunn-marvel-1235036486/

EXCLUSIVE: The Suicide Squad breakout Daniela Melchior will have a small role in Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3, we can confirm.

But as director James Gunn confirmed late last year, the actress won’t be appearing as character Moondragon, which had been speculated online

(edited)

Will Poulter on 'The Score' and Playing Adam Warlock in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'
BY CHRISTINA RADISH    PUBLISHED 2 DAYS AGO
https://collider.com/will-poulter-the-score-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-interview-adam-warlock/ 

You’ve also joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and the MCU has gotten so big and so far-reaching that it feels like eventually a character in the universe has to come your way, if you’re an actor. Are you surprised that it’s this character, or did this character just feel particularly suited or appealing to you?
POULTER: I’ve gotta say, I never banked on being involved, in any capacity, really, but I’m certainly very grateful. I’m especially grateful that my introduction has taken place in the world of the Guardians, specifically. It’s a franchise that I’m a particularly big fan of, and I couldn’t ask for a nicer, more fun introduction, really, into the Marvel universe.

When an opportunity like that comes your way, do you have to consider it a bit more, knowing that you likely have to sign a contract to possibly play the character many times, over a few years?
POULTER: Sure. Yeah, you do have to entertain that possibility. The truth is, I don’t actually know what the future holds for me, regarding the character. Certainly, it comes with a certain level of commitment that requires consideration, but obviously, I’m very grateful to have been given the role.
Do you know what you’re doing next? Are you currently trying to figure that out?
POULTER: I actually literally wrapped Guardians only a couple of days ago (this interview was conducted on May 11, 2022) and got home on Sunday. I’m quite looking forward to taking a bit of a break, if I can. I’m delighted to be able to promote The Score, and now just take a bit of a break from filming.

Is Guardians something where you feel like you have a sense of what the movie is, or do you feel like you are going to be surprised when you actually see how it comes together?
POULTER: I think I’m gonna be surprised just because there’s so many elements in the equation, a lot of which obviously relate to visual effects and things that you can’t see in the moment of shooting it. But I think (director) James Gunn is such a visionary, and he seems to just have endless creativity in his bones. I’m just so excited to see how he takes what we shot and translates it to the screen, with all the other elements that are to come. There’s such a talented visual effects team, as well, attached to it, so I think I’m in for a lot of surprises when I see it.

Edited by tv echo

‘Crazy Rich Asians’ & ‘Superstore’ Actor Nico Santos Joins ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’
By Andreas Wiseman  June 14, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/06/guardians-galaxy-nico-santos-crazy-rich-asians-superstore-james-gunn-marvel-1235044944/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Crazy Rich Asians and Superstore actor Nico Santos is the latest name we can reveal to be in Marvel’s recently wrapped Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3.
Filipino-American actor Santos is best know for playing Oliver T’sien in Crazy Rich Asians and sales associate Mateo Liwanag in the NBC series Superstore, for which he was nominated for back-to-back Critics’ Choice Awards. Recent features include animation Wish Dragon and HBO Max animated series The Prince.

• Love 1
(edited)

In this red carpet interview for the new Thor movie, KG also talked about working on GOTG3...

Karen Gillan's Nebula and The Guardians of the Galaxy in Marvel Studios' Thor: Love and Thunder
Marvel Entertainment   Jun 26, 2022

-- KG: "It was such an amazing experience. I loved working on that movie so much! I'm like about to burst. I loved it! Ah! It was so good! I loved where the character went. I loved working with James [Gunn] again. I'm so glad he was back with us. And it was like the family got reunited and we kind of - I think we've taken it to a whole new level this time. And, you know, there might be... maybe a feeling of closing out a chapter of sorts. And so it was a little bit bittersweet in a sense... But I think everybody has just kind of upped it for this one."

-- KG: "I was really excited to be like - am I a fully-fledged Guardian now? Yes, I think I am. And I was like, I did not think that was going to happen from the first time I played the character in the first film. So to get to actually really be part of the team and kind of, um, just feel a part of it in that way was an honor."

Edited by tv echo

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3 | Marvel Comic Con 2022 Panel (Chris Pratt, Karen Gillan, Will Poulter)
Films That Rock   Jul 24, 2022

James Gunn says he needed to finish Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy for Rocket
By Nick Romano   July 23, 2022 
https://ew.com/events/comic-con/james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-rocket-comic-con-2022/ 

The filmmaker joined his Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3 stars Chris Pratt, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, Will Poulter, Maria Bakalova, and Chukwudi Iwuji hit up EW's Comic-Con suite for a formal download of all that was revealed during the Marvel Studios' mammoth Hall H panel Saturday night. While there, he shared how it was because of Rocket, voiced by Bradley Cooper, that he wanted to finish telling his three-film story.

"For a while I wasn't going to do this movie. Then I came back. And the reason I knew I needed to come back was to tell this story and, in some ways in particular, I have a special closeness to the character of Rocket and I knew I needed to finish to tell his story," Gunn tells EW. "I knew that that was what started me on this journey, was seeing who he could be and who he was, where he came from, and the thing that grounded me initially in the Guardians."

Gunn and his cast revealed on the Hall H stage that Vol. 3 will be diving deeper in Rocket's origins as a genetically enhanced creature and the torment he endured becoming who he is today in this world. Footage shown in the convention space revealed a baby Rocket.
A first look at Poulter as Adam Warlock was also included in the footage of the next Guardians shown to the Comic-Con crowd, while Bakalova and Iwuji were announced as Cosmo the Space Dog and villain the High Revolutionary, respectively.
"It was moving… it's such a moving [Flaming Lips] song, the imagery's incredible, and obviously you're immediately swept up not only in the idea that this is the end of this trilogy for all of us, but also you're reminded of the journey that the characters are on," Pratt continues of the song "Do You Realize?" that played during the footage. "It's a really emotional story."

Is this The END?! James & Sean Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 at San Diego Comic-Con 2022
Phase Zero   Jul 23, 2022

Chris Pratt Wants To Keep 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Group Text Alive
Access   Jul 24, 2022

Chris Pratt on His Marvel FUTURE After Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Exclusive)
extratv    Jul 25, 2022

(edited)

New Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Trailer Reveals Gamora’s Surprising Return (Description)
By Jennifer McDonough    July 26, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-gamora-trailer-description 

A video has surfaced online that shows most of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 trailer that was shown at SDCC. While the trailer won't be linked in this article, here is a description of the key moments shown.

Spoiler

The first look opens with Chris Pratt's Peter Quill and the rest of the Guardians scrambling to prepare for a meeting with the Ravagers with whom Nebula apparently made an appointment. This is something that Quill wasn't privy to and he was especially surprised to hear that their appointment is specifically with Gamora. It was confirmed during Marvel's panel that Gamora is the new leader of the Ravagers. "You're early." she says, sternly while face to face with the Guardians crew.

The Flaming Lips' song "Do You Realize??" plays over the Marvel Studios intro. 

The camera pans up to reveal Star-Lord in what looks to be a red-and-blue Ravagers uniform. A montage is then seen of key moments shared by Quill and the original Gamora across the MCU. Quill forlornly tells the new Gamora (A time-displaced version of her from the year 2014) that "You were everything to me." to which she replies, "That person wasn't me."

A group of people in spacesuits float out of a ship, Nebula looks at a large neon sign with lettering in an alien language, and Mantis dances. 

In what is surely a flashback sequence, a hand reaches for a baby raccoon (or raccoon-like being) as it cowers in terror. The hand likely belongs to the High Evolutionary, the villain of the movie, and the baby raccoon is almost assuredly Rocket. The High Evolutionary is known for performing genetic experiments on animals which causes sentience in his subjects. He is Rocket's creator.

Quill and Drax are seen standing proudly in blue Ravager uniforms reminiscent of what Rocket was wearing in Avengers: Endgame. Drax is, shockingly, wearing a shirt, despite the character's established affliction of sensitive nipples.

Star-Lord uses his blasters to fire at something off-screen while Groot joins him. Only this time, Groot appears much larger and more "muscular" than his scrawny look in movies past.

And finally, before the video cuts out, Will Poulter's Adam Warlock is shown. Longtime Marvel fans will recall that Adam was created by the Sovereign Queen Ayesha in a post-credits scene attached to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

James Gunn Explains Why Thor: Love & Thunder Had No Impact On GOTG 3
BY JOSH PLAINSE   JULY 26, 2022
https://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-thor-impact-james-gunn-response/ 

Now, Gunn explains why Thor: Love and Thunder will have little-to-no impact on the Guardians in Vol. 3. Speaking with Screen Rant at Comic-Con, Gunn briefly touches upon the Guardians’ role in Love and Thunder. When asked if their time with Thor had changed the team, the writer/director explains he wrote the script for Vol. 3 before knowing they were going to be in Love and Thunder. Read Gunn’s full comment below:

No, I wrote the script without ever thinking that they were ever going to be with Thor, so it hasn't affected them at all.

Edited by tv echo

I was really hoping there would be a way to bring the old Gamora back. Because I don’t know how I’d feel if the 2014 variant Gamora and Peter wind up together…unless of course she somehow gets Gamora Prime’s soul/memories and they reunite that way, like what they SHOULD have done with WandaVision at the end.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was really hoping there would be a way to bring the old Gamora back. Because I don’t know how I’d feel if the 2014 variant Gamora and Peter wind up together…unless of course she somehow gets Gamora Prime’s soul/memories and they reunite that way, like what they SHOULD have done with WandaVision at the end.

Them winding up together wouldn’t bother me because 2014 Gamora is from days before she met Peter the first time. So the idea that she could fall for him again is fine with me. Particularly because the Peter she is meeting now is less of a self serving douche. I just really want them to treat 2014 Gamora as her own character rather than a replacement for the one they killed. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Them winding up together wouldn’t bother me because 2014 Gamora is from days before she met Peter the first time. So the idea that she could fall for him again is fine with me. Particularly because the Peter she is meeting now is less of a self serving douche. I just really want them to treat 2014 Gamora as her own character rather than a replacement for the one they killed. 

Yeah, but it still comes off too much as the Replacement Goldfish Trope. "Your Gamora is dead? No problem, here's another!" 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:12 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Yeah, but it still comes off too much as the Replacement Goldfish Trope. "Your Gamora is dead? No problem, here's another!" 

I feel like that ship has already sailed. To me giving her Gamora’s soul/memories would be worse than them getting them back together. I don’t want the Gamoras to be treated as interchangeable and I don’t want 2014 Gamora to be a vessel to bring back the one in the soul stone. 

I hope they focus more on her developing non romantic relationships with the team to establish her as a separate person. I’m okay with her ultimately ending up in the same place as the Gamora in a soul stone was if we see the path there.