Type keyword(s) to search

S03:E03 Not to Be Believed

• Start Topic

On 9/22/2021 at 10:44 PM, vibeology said:

That's George Conway before he met and married Kellyanne. And yes, that's Laura Ingraham.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:02 AM, DanaK said:

What a scummy husband Paula had. And she continues to be used by people

He's appalling--he views her entire experience as something that happened to him. Paula made some great points about the pragmatism of settling--that would've been a LOT of money for their little corner of Arkansas. What an ass.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:12 AM, blueroses said:

What was the thing about who went to which law school? Professor Wiki tells me Laura Ingraham got her law degree at UVA. Is that more prestigious than Michigan or did I miss something?

UVA is indeed a well-regarded law school. RFK went there. UVA is one of the public Ivies.

George Salazar has made a serious career error in accepting the role of George Conway--he looks like he's aged 20 years since his last high-profile project, which was playing a teenager on Broadway in Be More Chill, and singing its most famous song. I am stunned he accepted this role. He just Xed out a good ten years of playing 20-somethings.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:49 AM, iMonrey said:

We've seen nothing of Hillary since the first episode, what an odd waste of Edie Falco.

Same with Mira Sorvino playing Monica’s mom for a millisecond. I didn’t even realize it was her until I read it on this forum. Why would they sign up for such small roles?  Maybe roles have been limited with the pandemic and they needed something for their SAG cards. 

Edited by mostlylurking
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Same with Mira Sorvino playing Monica’s mom for a millisecond. I didn’t even realize it was her until I read it on this forum. Why would they sign up for such small roles?  Maybe they needed something for their SAG cards. 

I know, right???  I didn't even know that it was her, until I saw Mira's name in the credits and was like, WHEN was she on???  Then I saw that she played Monica's mother and remembered that 2-second scene where Monica tells her that the President kissed her.  And that is her ONLY appearance.  What a fricking waste!!!

1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

I know, right???  I didn't even know that it was her, until I saw Mira's name in the credits and was like, WHEN was she on???  Then I saw that she played Monica's mother and remembered that 2-second scene where Monica tells her that the President kissed her.  And that is her ONLY appearance.  What a fricking waste!!!

Spoiler

She is in quite a bit of Episode 6

After three episodes I am enjoying it, but I kind of wish they had made Paula Jones the main character instead of Monica/Linda. It's just too much talking/obsessing over relationship drama, and I feel like Monica's story is much more well known. With Paula all the people using her to power up the whole conservative machine seems interesting, especially since at the point of this episode, Fox news had only been around for I think less than a year.

As for Gerald Mcrainey it's weird to think back to when he was Major Dad and not George Fuckin Hearst from Deadwood. 

Also I wish they would dial back some of the references to the future, like talking about how internet gossip will become news or how the Clinton scandal could lead to a fat conman trying to become president.