Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E01: Season 30 Premiere

• Start Topic

So....I'll have to rewatch some of the dances, but besides Martin, there were no REALLY terrible duds. I actually thought everyone was fairly strong and showed promise. Some were more nervous than others, but everyone has some real potential. 

Even, unfortunately, Olivia Jade. I'm still rooting for her to go early but she wasn't terrible.

Mel C started off the night fairly strong. I do think, had she gone later in the night, she would have received a point or two higher.

The Miz has potential but I think he's the one that will benefit from a strong partner in Witney. I can see her being a good teacher for him.

Iman really, really impressed me more than I thought. He has a ways to go, but he has a lot to offer. I think, if Daniella pushes him, he can deliver. He showed that he has the moves, he just needs to be taught how to use them in their dances.

Jimmie is also another with potential and will benefit from a strong partner in Emma.

Melora is a clear dark horse. She's going to shine this season, no matter how far she goes. She has a great energy and can get far with Artem.

Suni was definitely nervous, and you can tell that, like the other gymnasts in seasons' past, she was overthinking and focused on the moves, rather than the dance, but I really do have hope that Sasha, like he's done before, can bring her to her full potential. She's really got that shine to get far if she can get out of her own head.

Cody...didn't impress me as much as I thought. He has the moves and the energy, but he wasn't delivering and he was holding back a lot. Cheryl's going to have to work on his form, but he'll surely get far and I see potential in his growth. 

Amanda was the best of the night, by far. Wonderful technique and a strong energy. That makes sense with her dance background but I still look forward to watching her and think she can get very, very far. 

Martin, unfortunately, failed and I don't see him making it past next week. He'll be gone for sure. I feel bad for Britt, who had such a good first celeb and now is surely going first. I was really looking forward to seeing Britt show off what she can do again.

Kenya surprised me as well. I really want Brandon to do well this season and I'm hoping he can get farther this time. And Kenya was such a great partner for him. I'd love to see them get far.

Christine...was just ok, I guess? Kind of forgettable and I'd be ok if she went somewhat early.

Matt has a lot of great energy and, of course, with Lindsay as a partner, he'll get fairly far. It's good that he has the moves and he'll be enjoyable to watch for a while.

Brian was...fairly good, I will say. They're gonna milk the romance between the two for all that they can. That being said, compared to others, I don't see him getting THAT far.

JoJo was actually fairly good. Now, Jenna's complete fall should have technically earned them a lower score (even if it wasn't JoJo who fell, it still affected their dance and we've also seen the judges dock points because of the pro's mistakes). I do like JoJo and like that she was toned down, personality-wise. She seems very sweet. I just wish she wasn't partnered with Jenna. And I worry about the homophobes crawling out of their holes. I do think their score WAS too high since Jenna's mistake affected their dance, but JoJo has great energy and strong potential to get very far.

The whole scoring tonight was very, very off. The male celebs were scored VERY low, especially Iman and Jimmie, and I knew I was right to worry about Olivia Jade and Her Parents' Redemption Tour to Fame Again. And with her not even being terrible, she won't be first boot and she might not even go second. Which means more airtime for her and her parents and that's gross. 

I don't know who I'm rooting for the most, but a LOT of strong contenders here and I really think that, besides Martin (who will go next week), there are no duds, dance-wise. Some may be weaker than others, mind you, but all have potential to be better dancers.

Still want Olivia to go first, though. I don't want any airtime for that family at all, but I don't want weeks and weeks of us being told how much she's changed and how she deserves to be in the spotlight. No, she can go live a normal life, spotlight-free, thank you very much. She can be successful off camera.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Amanda is like the ringer. She has a musical 

1 hour ago, edie3 said:

I just can't stand the "Lisa Frank threw up on me" outfits JoJo wears. And how can you give a couple that had a fall or almost fall, an 8?

The basketball player was good, to be so tall.

And Suni is just so cute!

Some of these you just need to see them dance again to see how good they really are.

Answer to that is Jojo is so obviously a big Production Fav. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Olivia Jade was exactly who I thought she would be, but wow, does she look like her mother. No, Olivia Jade, you did not 'take a break' from social media for self-reflection, you lost all of your YouTube sponsors.

I'm kind of proud of the fact that I had no idea who she was, even during her introduction, until they mentioned the college admissions schedule.  I looked at her and realized she must be Lori Loughlin's daughter.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, edie3 said:

I just can't stand the "Lisa Frank threw up on me" outfits JoJo wears. And how can you give a couple that had a fall or almost fall, an 8?

Because it was in the script?  Seriously, it seems like the producers give a range of scores they want to see for each couple.  I think it was preordained for Jojo/Jenna to "win" the night because they were no better (or worse) than several of the other couples.  The celebs seemed so happy when they got a 7, it's like their pro told them that 7 would be the "top score" for the first week and then, lo and behold Jojo gets an 8 on the last dance.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think JoJo is in a big transition and I don’t mean coming out.  Her fan base has always been younger kids.  She’s always looked so young.  She seems like she’s just starting to lose the baby fat in her face and is growing up.  She even ditched the ponytail and moved the bow to her shoulder which is huge for her, LOL   I’ve only ever seen pictures of her in magazines and she ALWAYS had the pony and bow.

Olivia Jade just wants to pimp her new podcast.  

I missed her appearance tonight, but thank goodness if she ditched the ponytail. She still had it last week when she was on Fallon for a dance-off.  She’s worn it tightly pulled back for so long, it looked like she was bald around her face!  I can’t believe she hasn’t read about famous models who have gone bald from traction alopecia.  It looks painful.  Naomi Campbell appears to have it.  If it continues too long, it can’t be reversed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I liked Amanda Kloots and JoJo. Suni Lee was good as well. The Bachelor guy was a lot better than I thought he would be. He was better than Brian Austin Green, who sucked along with the Karate Kid guy. 

I don’t buy Olivia Jade’s redemption story and she was pretty forgettable, so here’s hoping she gets dumped after Martin Kove. 

• Love 2

It was a fun show. So many contestants! Plenty of potential and some good cannon fodder. Awesome to have Len back. So awkard to have a 30-season retrospective and not see Tom (that was probably tricky to edit). And I wish Jojo had a younger partner. Jenna looked winded.

Why do the producers crank up the fake audience cheering whenever Tyra's talking to camera. Obviously there aren't enough people in the studio to make that much noise, and it's just grating. I couldn't make out what Tyra was saying when she introduced the contestants at the start. There was a brief moment when she got to speak with silence behind her, and it was so much better.

The confetti and streamers were back this year in full force, but there was much less dancing in limbo and being blinded by lighting. So far. Now they seem to like matching the lighting to whatever color the dancers are wearing to make it really hard to see them. That pink neon suit against the orange lighting was painful.

Were they using more real songs? If they were covers, then Ray Chew and crew did really well. If not, then what DID Ray Chew do?

It seems no one checked Brian Austin Green's package before airtime, because there were some weird editing glitches, with missing footage and out-of-sync video. Well, I shouldn't say no one checked his package. I'm sure Sharna did, ha haaaa!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was shocked in a good way by Olivia Jade and in a bad way by Suni. Suni's legs were so beautiful, but she was so visibly nervous. Game face would have been better! Also, that song seemed hella slow for a jive. Olivia Jade has a lot of gawkishness about her, but she performed well and made it all fun. 

Both Amanda and Jimmy impressed me with their week 1 tangos. That's a hard dance for week 1, but they were so good.

Matt James also impressed me. He was another one who was just really fun even though the actual dance technique could use work.

JoJo is So.Much. Visually she was too much... I felt like I couldn't actually see her dancing with all the sparkle and billowy pants and the background. At the same time, I adore her too muchness. She's so joyful and her message as a role model is so joyful (and I'm not talking about the LGBTQ+ advocacy, but all the Believe! Have fun!).

I hope she and Jenna wear less matchy-matchy and more complementary costumes in the future, though. I like the clear visual contrast in the lead and the follow.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Re: Olivia Jade and le scandale: DWTS is like Redemption Central! Ryan Lochte, Rod Blagojevich, Tom Delay, Sean Spicer, Lamar Odom. I'm  surprised Monica Lewinsky  hasn't  been on! 

I confess I rather admire Monica Lewinsky’s frankness about the events that brought her to notoriety, and her work in the last six or seven years around cyberbullying and public shaming, and empowering young women.  I don’t claim her actions were immaculate, but I wouldn’t put her on the same list as Spicer, Blago, Odom, etc.  (BTW, I think Blago did Apprentice, but not DWTS.)  Otherwise, I certainly agree with you.  I don’t know why anyone is shocked Olivia is on the show after all the people you list and several others.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Jenna totally fell during that dance. An 8 for that one, really? Is that to counteract the potential anti-gay bias?

I think it was because she actually led by lifting Jenna up when she slipped/fell.  But that said, the fix is in.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 853fisher said:

I confess I rather admire Monica Lewinsky’s frankness about the events that brought her to notoriety, and her work in the last six or seven years around cyberbullying and public shaming, and empowering young women.  I don’t claim her actions were immaculate, but I wouldn’t put her on the same list as Spicer, Blago, Odom, etc.  (BTW, I think Blago did Apprentice, but not DWTS.)  Otherwise, I certainly agree with you.  I don’t know why anyone is shocked Olivia is on the show after all the people you list and several others.

I stand corrected; Blago wasn't on "DWTS" but on "Celebrity Apprentice," which show is best left undiscussed! 

I was thinking solely of Monica's notoriety, as you say. Not judging---I would root for her!

As for tonight, I still have to watch the second half, but so far Night One has been impressive! I might skip the older guy, given his reviews here!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

I hope she and Jenna wear less matchy-matchy and more complementary costumes in the future, though. I like the clear visual contrast in the lead and the follow.

I wonder if Jojo will always be "the guy" since she's taller*...(Jenna said she was when they were rehearsing but I wasn't sure if that was just a joke or not, or just for this dance).

*(by about 7 inches, if wikipedia is accurate)

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 1

I found Jojo's and Jenna's dance a bit frenetic, and I couldn't tell who was leading.  I liked the energy but got lost in all of the action.  I didn't mind it so much, but I really wasn't sure if they were both leading or what was going on.  

I wasn't sure why they had certain dances on the first night, such as Tango and Jive.... there are some dances that are better served after a little practice.  As a whole I have found myself getting bored with this show after the last few seasons, but I will try to pay more attention next episode to see how I like the new cast.  

• Love 4

I haven't been watching the show for that long so I missed Master P's low-scoring dances, but Martin Kove was. . . Not Great.   He was walking more than dancing.

I like that no one was amazing off the bat.  Even though some are better than others, they all have room for improvement.

• Love 3

I'm already over Tyra and it has only been one show this season.

Oliva what's her name can leave at anytime.

I think her sister was in the audience but couldn't tell if her convicted felon parents were there. It was hard to see with the masks. Could anyone see them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I’d love to see Monica Lewinsky. She’s funny and would be interesting. No idea if she can dance. I agree…why are people surprised about Olivia? They always have at least one loser whom they pimp snd overscore so they stay around awhile. This show is so predictable and you can already see that they will dump some promising people like the basketball player to keep her.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I think her sister was in the audience but couldn't tell if her convicted felon parents were there. It was hard to see with the masks. Could anyone see them?

I was over Tyra just from the ads in the last few weeks.

I kept wondering why they bothered focusing on people in the audience. They always focus on someone related to whoever just danced (family members, cast of whatever show they're on, whoever) to see them being all proud and emotional or whatever but between the masks and the lighting you can't tell who anyone is, anyway. (Though odds are other than Aunt Becky I wouldn't recognize anyone, anyway.)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, 853fisher said:

Olivia is really more comparable to Bristol Palin. For both of them, the notoriety surrounds their parents (or in Bristol's case, her mother) and that is why they are famous.

Olivia really does look like Lori Loughlin.

Lori in the late 1980s, around the time she was first on Full House:

image.png.9c04674f571d7887fbf0f9facb048a90.png

Olivia in the 2020s:

image.png.15fd8f9d79a5f70ae75163ce967c82dd.png

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

It was nice to have the universal sign for "I just couldn't teach them to dance so they stand there doing nonsense for 4 full 8 counts" right out of the gate in the premier. Wax on wax off indeed.

13 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Well, I recognize five names from this season's "star" list (and maybe a couple others that sound vaguely familiar but I absolutely could not tell you what they do).

Also why do we live in a world where "Influencer" and "TV Personality" are jobs?

Not trying to be funny or come across as not getting the joke but I have a very good friend who is a full time influencer and she makes on a good month, upwards of $50,000 (sponsorships, paid post, YouTube etc.) So while it sounds funny, it is, indeed a very well paying gig.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Olivia is really more comparable to Bristol Palin. For both of them, the notoriety surrounds their parents (or in Bristol's case, her mother) and that is why they are famous.

Oliva's parents are convicted felons and she knew she wasn't on a crew team, but posed for pictures. Having her on this show just seems to reward that behavior.

Bristol was only on the show because of her mother.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, DancinCat said:

It seems no one checked Brian Austin Green's package before airtime, because there were some weird editing glitches, with missing footage and out-of-sync video.

Those weren't glitches or out-of-sync video.  They were intentional cuts, and dubbing.  I posted upthread about reading his lips: what his lips were saying was completely different from what we were hearing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Boofish said:

Not trying to be funny or come across as not getting the joke but I have a very good friend who is a full time influencer and she makes on a good month, upwards of $50,000 (sponsorships, paid post, YouTube etc.) So while it sounds funny, it is, indeed a very well paying gig.

One of the problem I have with “influencers” is that there are so many wannabes who think their 500 or even 5000 followers make them someone important.  I was reading that at 1000 followers you can make $20 a post.  You need to be up over a couple of hundred thousand followers to get paid four figures for your posts.    And this show will give OJ thousands of more followers. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

The difference though is that Bristol (as unlikeable as she was) wasn't a criminal, and her mother was popular. Lori Loughlin is pretty despised, and if Olivia posed for the rowing pictures, then IMO she is a criminal just like her mother. While they probably don't deserve to be in jail, they certainly don't need to be rewarded to be on this show.

I would compare her more to Tonya Harding without the talent. It is going to take a lot of manipulating to keep her around, but I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Those weren't glitches or out-of-sync video.  They were intentional cuts, and dubbing.  I posted upthread about reading his lips: what his lips were saying was completely different from what we were hearing.

Obviously no one know for sure other than the production team, but to me it appeared to be the editor having two clips stacked on the timeline to select from, no producer telling him/her which one to use, and it got rendered out and aired with the video from one clip and the audio from another, with no b-roll bookending it all, thus the black holes.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

I heard only her sister was there. I'm sure the felons will show up at some point though.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I have heard of exactly three of these people before. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find "stars" for this show. 

Firing Tom Bergeron was the biggest mistake this show ever made.

Yup.  Of all the changes they've made, that was the worst.  They can have everything else, just bring back Tom pleeeeeeeeeeease!  I know.  Sigh.

Sorry Martin Kove.  I do give you credit, but if anybody else is voted off first , i will know its rigged. I didn't care for Sunni for some reason.   Maybe it was the game face but i did chuckle when she demonstrated her 'work' face.  The basketball player scores were the most aggrecious imho.  He was way better than 4. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

The basketball player scores were the most aggrecious imho.  He was way better than 4. 

Yeah, I was majorly pissed at his score. That slow, stiff Brian Austin Green got all 6s, but hey, they have to pimp his romance with Sharna. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

Yeah, I was majorly pissed at his score. That slow, stiff Brian Austin Green got all 6s, but hey, they have to pimp his romance with Sharna. 

And I could really care less about his romance!!  There better not be some proposal at the end of this.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Also why do we live in a world where "Influencer" and "TV Personality" are jobs?

This show celebrated at least one "Vine star!" in its time.  And look how fast Vine died out. 

Overall, I didn't hate it.  Martin will be the first vote out (sorry dude, but it's a mercy move and it's not for the weak, it's saving us all the trouble.)  Iman got hosed on his scores but I do wonder if it had anything to do with his shoes which I'm surprised none of the judges called him out on. 

I'm mostly here for Mel C, where I hope she doesn't suffer the same fate as Mel B (how Maks fucked up their freestyle is one of the greatest mysteries of this show ever) but since she's with Gleb, that's a tall order.  I do think Amanda will go far (as much her story about her late husband still gets me, I don't want that be her entire arc on this show) and Melora is in the dark horse position.  Jojo could get her fans to push her far enough, but this show still skews very old so I don't think she has enough to win it all.  Depends how her other dances go. 

Undecided for Olivia.  She did good, but once people remember what her parents did and her involvement, things can move south very fast. 

• Love 4

I love Amanda and JoJo's positivity. I know people are criticizing Amanda for being out there after her husband's death, but I think it's her way of coping. Her husband's story (if you don't know about it) was very sad. She has a kid, so she has to go on, though. I couldn't do what she's doing.

I find that "Miz" guy and Peloton guy annoying. I don't even know anyone who can afford a Peloton. He really isn't that good considering he was supposed to be a dancer, either. They can go early for all I care.

And yes, Sharna and Brian's romance is going to get old real fast.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I know people are criticizing Amanda for being out there after her husband's death,

Really? He died over a year ago (July 2020)...is she supposed to live in seclusion? I'm sure she's still mourning but life also has to go on. Why shouldn't she do a silly dance show? He did Broadway musicals; I'll be he'd love to see her doing this if it gives her some fun in life.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I find that "Miz" guy and Peloton guy annoying. I don't even know anyone who can afford a Peloton. He really isn't that good considering he was supposed to be a dancer, either. They can go early for all I care.

I remember "Miz" from the Real World, I was a teen and obsessed with MTV. I am actually really happy for him that he made that work and has turned it into a successful career. I think he was very cute and enthusiastic in his first dance but he's not a natural dancer and I don't expect him to stay to the end. 

Here's my thing with "influencers" they become famous because they attract a lot of the worst kind of people. I'm taking obsessive insane people, and its these people that end up making them rich and famous. I have a Peloton so I take Cody's classes often. He's actually a really awesome instructor and has a great personality. Don't underestimate his following! There's a group on facebook of mostly women who are fans of him, and to say that they are crazy is an understatement. They are already claiming he is the best dancer to have ever danced on the show, blaming Cheryl for the fact that he didn't score better, claiming he was wearing bike shoes (to clip into the bike) and had an unfair dis-advantage. Before the show even aired they were voting in droves, its insane!

I'm rooting for Mel C although I think this season has a lot of talent in it and everyone had a pretty good showing for their first dance (except for Martin Kove). Nothing can touch the Spice Girls nostalgia for me. Sporty was always my favorite.  

Edited by nomodrama
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Really? He died over a year ago (July 2020)...is she supposed to live in seclusion? I'm sure she's still mourning but life also has to go on. Why shouldn't she do a silly dance show? He did Broadway musicals; I'll be he'd love to see her doing this if it gives her some fun in life.

I'm rooting for her. I also like JoJo, Suni, Mel C, Jimmie and Iman.

Kenya looks like she might be good as well. She is so friggin' beautiful!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, alexa said:

I wasn't sure why they had certain dances on the first night, such as Tango and Jive.... there are some dances that are better served after a little practice. 

I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't they use to just do one or two dances per night, one ballroom and one latin?  It seems like opening night a lot of people did the Cha Cha Cha (latin) and Foxtrot (ballroom)  as I imagine they are considered the (relatively) easier dances in their category.  It's a lot easier to judge the dancers on an even playing field when they do the same dance.  It's not really fair to expect a week one jive or paso to be compared to a week one cha cha cha.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't they use to just do one or two dances per night, one ballroom and one latin?  It seems like opening night a lot of people did the Cha Cha Cha (latin) and Foxtrot (ballroom)  as I imagine they are considered the (relatively) easier dances in their category.  It's a lot easier to judge the dancers on an even playing field when they do the same dance.  It's not really fair to expect a week one jive or paso to be compared to a week one cha cha cha.

Yeah, they used to alternate between two (maybe three) dances, I think. Things like the jive and paso and tango were definitely saved for a little later in the season.

Not sure how I feel about the slow music for the jive. It was definitely interesting, though.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I love Amanda and JoJo's positivity. I know people are criticizing Amanda for being out there after her husband's death, but I think it's her way of coping. Her husband's story (if you don't know about it) was very sad. She has a kid, so she has to go on, though. I couldn't do what she's doing.

And yes, Sharna and Brian's romance is going to get old real fast.

The Miz is fine, he won't last long but I suspect that he will do better then most people think  he will. Pro wrestling is fake as all hell and gone but the actors are really good athletes and they are very used to choreographing fights, I suspect that will come in handy when learning how to ball room dance.

And Cody is Cody. He has a massive fan base from the bike, I own one and know a good number of folks who own one. There are lots of folks who have never watched the show who are watching because of Cody. The group that I ride with was live chatting during the show and none of them have ever watched this show. Hell, I have only watched it with my Mom and I really only watched to see how Cody was going to do. I was surprised that he didn't do better, although I thought he loosened up at the end of his routine. But there are Facebook Groups with lots of followers and actual active participants rooting for Cody, be prepared for him to stick around for a while.

I will probably keeping flipping back and forth between football and this show or end up watching the clips the day after.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Ugh, no. Don't even put that out there!

I think TPTB are remembering Van Der Beak (sp?) When he announced they had just suffered a miscarriage. And then they danced. I don't remember the song but was slow and they danced beautifully.  There wasn't a dry eye in the house.  So maybe their wanting to create that moment but on the happy side,  same with Amanda.  She's my #1 i think. She had that bright shiny smile that never left her face.  I bet she gets a great release of emotions when she dances

• Love 2

Agree with a lot of comments.  Martin was the only real dud so he should be the first to go.  Olivia can be next.  She does look like her mom.  I thought she had Bambi legs and the judges scored her too high.  They scored the NBA player too low.  He was entertaining to watch.

Tyra can go.  I miss Tom and he should be on for the 30th season.

• Love 10

Melora and Amanda are my two favorites to watch.  Hope they go far, far and one of them wins!

Tyra can go.  She is absolutely the worst host I've ever seen on pretty much anything.  Intolerable for me.  Muting the TV when she speaks is going to be a must.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nomodrama said:

I remember "Miz" from the Real World, I was a teen and obsessed with MTV. I am actually really happy for him that he made that work and has turned it into a successful career. I think he was very cute and enthusiastic in his first dance but he's not a natural dancer and I don't expect him to stay to the end. 

Here's my thing with "influencers" they become famous because they attract a lot of the worst kind of people. I'm taking obsessive insane people, and its these people that end up making them rich and famous. I have a Peloton so I take Cody's classes often. He's actually a really awesome instructor and has a great personality. Don't underestimate his following! There's a group on facebook of mostly women who are fans of him, and to say that they are crazy is an understatement. They are already claiming he is the best dancer to have ever danced on the show, blaming Cheryl for the fact that he didn't score better, claiming he was wearing bike shoes (to clip into the bike) and had an unfair dis-advantage. Before the show even aired they were voting in droves, its insane!

I'm rooting for Mel C although I think this season has a lot of talent in it and everyone had a pretty good showing for their first dance (except for Martin Kove). Nothing can touch the Spice Girls nostalgia for me. Sporty was always my favorite.  

Same.  I watched the real world too back in the day.  It is funny that he actually became a wrestler ( I have seen him on some shows over the years).  He is very light on his feet.  

So glad Matt shaved.

I  follow Amanda on IG.  Don’t really watch the talk.  She’s really a bright light.  Her little boy is adorable. I know she’s the ringer but would be happy if she won.  

A little of jojo goes a long way.

• Love 3

The only knowledge I have of Jojo Siwa is from when Lemon portrayed her on the Snatch Game on Canada’s Drag Race. Seeing her now, I realize how eerily accurate Lemon’s portrayal was. 

While I was happy to see someone from Cobra Kai, I really would’ve preferred William Zabka. I appreciate Martin Kove trying, but… this is not his gift in life. I did enjoy the John Kreese bit at the beginning. 

ETA: that cycling guy is EXTRA. 

Edited by LadyNebula
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Firing Tom Bergeron was the biggest mistake this show ever made.

With the show playing up the Brian Austin Green/Sharna romance (@Annber03 I had to stop myself from typing Sharona, heh), we needed Tom to bring it back. He has the years-long relationship with these pros, Tyra barely knows them and it shows. I remember how Tom was when Kym/Robert got eliminated and Tom got all dad-like with it and said that he's known Kym for a long time and he's not seen her this happy before, or something to that affect

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

With the show playing up the Brian Austin Green/Sharna romance (@Annber03 I had to stop myself from typing Sharona, heh).

Hee :D!

But yeah, I agree with how the show handled this, treating it like a big piece of gossip. I can't say I'm all that invested in the dating lives of the people on this show, no - if they're happy, great. That's all the more I really need to know. 

• Love 3