Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: All I Need is a Miracle

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Everybody lies on their resume (sometimes by omission) to some extent. 

They do? Damn, I’ve been missing out on all kinds of unfair advantages! Stupid integrity always holding me back. 

11 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

So what if she lied on her CV, even as a green stew she still proved to be a competent stew and she could do the basics so why not keep her. 

I respectfully disagree about her competence. She runs her mouth a lot and confidently proclaims how accomplished and special she is. As we say in Texas*, she’s all hat and no cattle. Apparently this is an effective strategy with many people. Her actual performance was meh; she followed the step-by-step instructions Lexi provided with her mouth full of chips. She put on a show of being supes agreeable and DTF and scolded her supervisor for mildly suggesting that wasn’t going to cut it. 

*No one says this in Texas. 

18 hours ago, mytmo said:

Having to stop and explain a job to someone while you are running at top speed with various other duties or in the docking of a large vessel is detrimental to the  smooth operation of the charter.

Exactly. I strongly believe Delaney was more trouble than she was worth. It was just that everyone on the ship who’s into women was willing to overlook all that and Katie wasn’t.

I watch a lot of noncompetitive reality shows (Teen Mom, Married at First Sight, a bunch of TLC junk), and I understand that there are producers and some things are re-enacted or contrived. With that established, I prefer to just let the shenanigans unfold and not spend the season making a yarn espionage diagram on my living room wall a la Carrie Mathison. We see what we see, so that’s what I go by, plus maybe after-show type interviews, but I never want spoilers. I have a mentally exhausting job! I just want dumb TV routed straight to my brain, no chaser!

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I prefer to just let the shenanigans unfold and not spend the season making a yarn espionage diagram on my living room wall a la Carrie Mathison.

Saul, what are you doing here?!? 😱

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Do you have a link?

Even Mat said he would be "disappointed" if that showed up on his plate in a restaurant, so why did he put it on one of the guests plates??  He won the reverse Lotto that it ended up being Queeg's plate.

I never cook fish, never order fish, but I've liked it the few times it's been put in front of me.  The dark stuff looks bad, but is there any difference in taste/texture?  Had some awesome sea bass at a higher end Chinese restaurant ages ago when a bunch of us all ordered different stuff and shared.

Or is all this production playing games.  Again😎

I don't know how to copy links from Twitter so here's the screen shot of it

Screenshot_20210929-092939_Twitter.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

when Sandy as first describing the picnic spot she said it was "only a 20 minute walk." What a load of BS. There's no way the guests would want to hike up 20 minutes in the sun (and it didn't look that far either). Plus Malia and Mze did multiple trips to haul all that stuff up. So did they spend 2 hours hauling? 

And I agree that all that hauling would have been way easier with Delaney helping.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

A camera was pre-positioned to film the two lawbreakers on jet skis who just happened to ride under the bridge and into the restricted area.  It's almost like the producers had planned some sort of drama involving a couple of guests and Malia.  But the shows are unscripted, right?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

A camera was pre-positioned to film the two lawbreakers on jet skis who just happened to ride under the bridge and into the restricted area.  It's almost like the producers had planned some sort of drama involving a couple of guests and Malia.  But the shows are unscripted, right?

Yup.

not to mention, when Sandy was cussing Malia out, there were at least two cameras in that narrow bridge, one each trained on Sandy and Malia.

It’s as if they knew there might be a dramatic scene of the captain dressing down a subordinate!😄

Did Sandy get all the cuss words out at a loud volume in one take?  Did they have to do another take because they couldn’t keep a straight face?  Or did the director have to coach Sandy on really selling how mad she was?

• LOL 5
On 9/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, nokat said:

I so agree about Delaney. There must have been something we didn't see because why else would you not want someone who got along with everyone and was a good worker?

I get the feeling that Delaney was too camera-eager for Katie's taste, and also Delaney argued with Katie upon her initial arrival (the conversation about whether Delaney should stay for a second charter). I suspect there was other stuff that didn't get shown. Delaney just got on Katie's nerves.

My only objection to Katie's decision was that the deck crew had to fill in for the missing third stew. Not OK.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

My only objection to Katie's decision was that the deck crew had to fill in for the missing third stew.

exactly. I think Malia was awfully gracious about this. She must have been pretty pissed, but only kind of muttered under her breath.

• Love 4

I kinda think the screaming was the Real Sandy. She's a control freak with a temper. But I can see her notifying production that she was upset, and they staged the dressing-down.

Correct me if I'm wrong - did Sandy express any concern for David's discomfort/pain? No? So her anger was only over liability and her own image then.

Honestly, I've had bruises that bad and just went about my business. Never occurred to me to consult a physician. (Good old Arnica, too.)

ETA:

*No one says this in Texas. 

They do in Montana! I first heard this expression at a Cattleman's Association dinner in Billings.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I kinda think the screaming was the Real Sandy. She's a control freak with a temper. But I can see her notifying production that she was upset, and they staged the dressing-down.

Correct me if I'm wrong - did Sandy express any concern for David's discomfort/pain? No? So her anger was only over liability and her own image then.

Honestly, I've had bruises that bad and just went about my business. Never occurred to me to consult a physician. (Good old Arnica, too.)

ETA:

They do in Montana! I first heard this expression at a Cattleman's Association dinner in Billings.

I've read this expression. This one made me laugh: all wax and no wick.

• LOL 4

I know this thread is probably dead but I’m watching this episode and I just gotta say…

Sandy, just fucking CHILL, already. Never mind the fact that the tone you took with Malia in front of David was unprofessional. Never mind the fact that Malia got the message the first time you yelled at her. Never mind the fact that you had to lecture her a third time. Sandy, being a good boss is more than just throwing your weight, f-bombs, and ego around — it’s knowing how to act around your subordinates. I found your kid-glove treatment of Lexi when you fired her just as off-putting as how you treated Malia.

Your management style is immature, cruel, and inconsistent, and let’s be honest, you are only concerned about how this incident could have affected YOU. 

By the way, did YOU file a report when Jess had heart palpitations, or when Lloyd took sick from his anxiety? How does becoming ill while on duty differ from an injury? 

I cannot stand that witch.

I feel better now. 😄

• Love 2

Episode is on this afternoon. Even though I don’t like Sandy I loved seeing her turn on that disgusting pig Malia. She was all about procedure when she wanted to get back at Hannah for not switching rooms so she could bang her then asshole chef boyfriend. She was very snotty and matter of fact. Yet when one of her crew members gets hurt she doesn’t say shit and then says that he should have reported his own injury. What an unprofessional piece of trash person.

• Like 2

Watching this season as well, off and on today. I think it’s curing me of my addiction to BDM.

These people, with maybe the exception of Lloyd, are insufferable. 

Malia is Sandy’s Mini-Me in the making. Her smarmy praise of Dave at the farewell dinner was right out of Sandy’s Butter ‘Em Up With Bullshit playbook.