Type keyword(s) to search

S41. E01: A New Era LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Could JD sound more sketchy?  On the other hand, I can't believe how well Xander sold his extra vote.

The thing is we only saw one guy protect his vote. We really don't know what the other two did, only what they said.

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

‘Bout time we got a challenge up in here!

I understand Richard’s view, and also think Peachy caved.

I also think he's telling the truth about not reading any complaints people tweet at him.  And yes, your right, he did cave, no doubt.

So two tribes going to TC, and both losing tribes losing their flint until the next challenge at least.  Kind of like these new changes so far.

ETA: except the slow-mo in the challenges.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

The thing is we only saw one guy protect his vote. We really don't know what the other two did, only what they said.

I thought they did show the guy from the yellow tribe - Xander I think, turning the wheel to "risk your vote." So JD is the only outlier as to whether he really did what he said he did. And I have a feeling they didn't show it for a reason and it may come into play at tribal council. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Tribes should never panic if they fall behind early in a challenge that has a puzzle. The puzzle can be a great equalizer. Meanwhile, is Yasa even trying folks? At least UA was in it until the missed some pieces but Yasa just there, constantly playing catch up.

• Love 2

Well done blue!  So if the loser's fire is still going, somebody needs to be on fire duty 24/7.

If I were to ever go on this show (LOL) I would have learned some bow drill or other fire making skills, just in case the flint got lost.

• Love 1

Liana: "Hopefully it's Abraham tonight."

Also Liana: 'Do you think we should keep him and stay strong?'

Truthfully, I don't know if Abraham is really contributing to the strength of that tribe.  And I feel like Evvie uttered the kiss of death for keeping Tiffany by saying she's going to probably stay more loyal (sometimes that can really backfire on a person).

Edited by LadyChatts
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I thought they did show the guy from the yellow tribe - Xander I think, turning the wheel to "risk your vote." So JD is the only outlier

Yes, I'm sure we saw Xander's choice when he was talking to his tribe. JD is sketchy. I honestly thought he was lying.

16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Awww, I don't want him to change 'come on in guys' to 'come on in' :(  Sorry, I don't always deal with changes so well.

Exactly.   I kind of hate the gray haired guy who had a problem with it.   It's just a word and it's tradition.  

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Tribes should never panic if they fall behind early in a challenge that has a puzzle. The puzzle can be a great equalizer. Meanwhile, is Yasa even trying folks? At least UA was in it until the missed some pieces but Yasa just there, constantly playing catch up.

Wow!  You are good with names.  I only know there's one bunch called something like Luvu.

• LOL 2
Just now, choclatechip45 said:

I thought JD was lying too. 

If I had only heard his take on things and not actually saw what they did, I would have thought so, too.

And now Probst has to show us where they hide idols?  Come on Probst, at least hide it somewhere besides a tree.  We know that's where they usually are!

• Love 1

I honestly would be fine if Green tribe voted out the off-key humming pastor.  I don't want J.D. to go.  

Hey Brad, piece of advice: don't throw out the name of the person that you are thinking of voting off in front of them.  

And J.D. now knows his name is out there.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Suzysite said:

Exactly.   I kind of hate the gray haired guy who had a problem with it.   It's just a word and it's tradition.  

I'm very happy to see Jeff join the 21st century.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, candall said:

Who's that girl whiney crying?  Vote her out.

I think Sara, and yeah, it wasn't the end of the world.  J.D. was already a target.  And didn't Shan say she didn't see the puzzle pieces still in the bag?  At least I could understand Evvie crying over at Yellow tribe.  They had two rough challenges in a row.

• Love 2

I grew up in Michigan, and “you guys” is their version of “y’all”, so I don’t mind it.  But it won’t destroy the game for me, having that changed.

I cut Sara a bit of slack on the crying.  She lost her Survivor-loving grandma to COVID, and I got the impression that she’s playing kind of in tribute, so yeah, it would suck to be potentially voted out first.

• Love 6
Just now, Suzysite said:

I honestly don't see how "guys" is not 21st century.  It's always been gender neutral in intent.

I'm more feminist-sensitive than most and I don't bristle when I'm grouped into "guys."  It feels, er, non-binary at this point.  I'd much rather be called a guy than a [shudder] "gal," which almost always comes across as patronizing.

Oh, commercial's over.  Tribal Council, 2021.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I honestly didn’t even know there was an Abraham until Tiffany mentioned wanting to vote him out after the challenge.

Yeah, I felt like I didn't really get a sense of the dynamics at the Yellow tribe tonight.  They seemed to focus more on the other two tribes.  Abraham almost seemed fake-surprised at being voted out.

Green tribe is up!  This could be interesting.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

I cut Sara a bit of slack on the crying.  She lost her Survivor-loving grandma to COVID, and I got the impression that she’s playing kind of in tribute, so yeah, it would suck to be potentially voted out first.

I was really only making a joke based on that high-pitched whine more than any crying.  I'm sure they're all exhausted and hungry and overwhelmed.  I'd be in tears if anyone looked at me funny, I'm sure.

And yes, being first out always looks like it's awful.  Abraham handled it as well as anyone and he seemed on the verge of tears, too.

• Love 2

I'm actually liking two tribes having to go to TC.  It seems to make higher stakes.

Oh brother, whispering at TC (at least it's not a game of telephone).  I really hope J.D. survives.  

Never mind on the telephone.  Good lord.  Can't this change?

• Love 3

I’m an hour behind. Watching the guys climb. Imagining Probst welcoming them, then say that they’re all dead. “Wait, we’re out of the game?” “No, you’re dead. Look behind you. Your bodies are right there. Heart attacks. Time for you to go. We ain’t fucking around this season.”

Damn, the backstories are coming in hard, American Ninja Warrior style.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Girl you played that shit too badly. Brad was already set on sending her home because of the challenge and that mess she and Ricard tried to pull at tribal council just solidified it. 

So my phone rang just as I started voting and I saw JD did get an extra vote but missed how. Was I right and he lied about protecting his vote and picked skip the vote and got it that way because Xander voted the same as well?

• Love 4