Type keyword(s) to search

S41. E01: A New Era LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Castaways are divided into two tribes to compete against each other. The latest season brings back the most successful contestants while shaking things up for the contestants when they find out about some of the game twists.

original air date 9/22/21

This is you LIVE CHAT for the 2-hour premiere for season 41

Probst tells everyone to drop the 4 but keep the 1 in this season.  I guess even Probst is on the reboot bandwagon like the rest of Hollywood.

Mad scramble on the boat trying to throw items (and themselves) overboard.   I've missed this show!  Oh, and Probst is already saying it's not looking good for the tribe being slow off the boat so we are really back when he's already starting in on that (and commenting on people's rowing skills).  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, candall said:

Did he just say this will be a shorter season??   😭

Yep.  It’s 26 days instead of 39.

I appreciate Peachy trying to be polite, but please do not change anything about Survivor.  We need stability dammit.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Yep.  It’s 26 days instead of 39.

I appreciate Peachy trying to be polite, but please do not change anything about Survivor.  We need stability dammit.

I don't mind the back to basics approach (we'll see how long it lasts), and less advantages/idols (but not eliminating them completely).  Otherwise I agree.  I'm already said the 26 days of filming seems like it'll be permanent.  

Voce is probably one of the most observant people, because he knows that it's a bad idea on day 1 to not be involved with the group for two hours while filling up that water barrel.  I like him already.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Who let Johnny Galecki on the set???  😆

Is he on yellow?  Voce, who we are discovering is a neurosurgeon?  Which I would not have guessed.

It’s nice how many healthcare people are getting a break for a month from a wretched year.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Exactly.  It's a comfy, familiar part of 'Before Times' that's been missing for such a long time.

I'm even loving this neurosurgeon jackass--I've seen him a dozen times on past seasons.  Lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, not being able to find all the paddles, or not unclipping the boat from the anchor you JUST clipped it to.

I’m going to go with paddling in place and not figuring out why.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Idol hunting already!  Okay, I'm actually liking this cast more than I was in pre-show bios and press.

Oh boy, Naseer may be shooting himself in the foot with this strategy talk. 

3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

The focus on family and all the backstories really does give it a different feel.

I feel like it's coming off a little too much like Big Brother doing this, but I guess I get it with the changes CBS wanted to instill in their network and casting.  I think telling personal stories was part of that.

Edited by LadyChatts
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

The focus on family and all the backstories really does give it a different feel.

We’ve come a long way from the camera on staid old CBS cutting away from Scout showing affection to her partner.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, vb68 said:

And POW, what a couple of stories.  The mother who surprised her anxious lesbian daughter with the heirloom family diamond closed my throat and made me weepy.  (I guess that's technically being "all choked up.")  And the man with the trans husband carrying their child?  That takes some grit, eh?

Edited by candall
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Idol hunting already!

That really is a bad look in a penalty challenge.

13 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm already said the 26 days of filming seems like it'll be permanent.  

Yeah, give Peachy a shorter shooting schedule, and he'll definitely keep it. I swear I think one reason they stay in Fiji is the nice hotel for the crew. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Okay, something about Evvie I'm not digging.  I can't exactly explain why, other than I think she might bug the crap out of me if she lasts.

Oh, I hope she's not awful.  I love her bio.  She's radical.

• Love 2
Just now, vb68 said:

That really is a bad look in a penalty challenge.

Yeah, give Peachy a shorter shooting schedule, and he'll definitely keep it. I swear I think one reason they stay in Fiji is the nice hotel for the crew. 

I think that's part of the reason and he's already admitted it.  I also wouldn't be surprised if, among other reasons, illnesses and injuries happening in other locales compared to Fiji made it a more appealing location for CBS.

I do agree that it's a bad idea to be idol hunting in a penalty challenge, but someone is going to go back to the guys and say Naseer was targeting them.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

eta why did they cut the shooting schedule.

Jeff said that because of quarantine time 39 days wasn’t feasible.

I guess the tribes didn’t think so, but six people really couldn’t count triangles in four hours?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm kind of digging this penalty challenge.  It might really screw the yellow and blue tribe in the challenge, though.  Those guys are all exhausted.

Yep, someone is already throwing Naseer under the bus to the two guys (still trying to learn names here).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, candall said:

LOL--that tune did not say "evil" to me.   Did the pastor never learn The Hall of the Mountain King or the Star Wars guard march?

I didn't know what she was supposed to be humming, but it sounded like something I'd hear in a Disney movie.

They got right to the point with that note, didn't they?

Okay, not only Voce, but J.D. knows being separated from his tribe is not a good thing for him.  Love that people actually get that for once.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Xander:  "You guys know me. . . "   Uh, no.

How did this get to be Day Two?  Someone owes me some footage of that horribly uncomfortable first night where they're all piled together like puppies on a lumpy bamboo raft, with glow-in-the-dark eyeballs and somebody snoring like a kettle drum.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

Show is breaking the fourth wall over the place and I am not hating it.

Danny is trying to be sneaky and hiding his pro career, but no football player will ever be as sly as landscaper Gary Hawkins.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 8
Just now, candall said:

Xander:  "You guys know me. . . "   Uh, no.

How did this get to be Day Two?  Someone owes me some footage of that horribly uncomfortable first night where they're all piled together like puppies on a lumpy bamboo raft, with glow-in-the-dark eyeballs and somebody snoring like a kettle drum.

Yeah, especially since there seem to be several players who are absolutely traumatized by bodily noises like snoring. Not quite as bad as being around anyone who *gasp* chews with their mouth open, but still soul-shattering!

• LOL 3

OMG.  I can't wait for this to start on the West Coast!  Since, oh...I don't know....the third or fourth season or so a friend and I have had regular Survivor Night viewing parties.   We found out we both liked the show, so that started it.  Then another friend kept hearing about how much fun we were having, so she started coming just to be social and got hooked.  Then my first friend's husband retired from the Wednesday night commitment he had, so he joined us.  My friend's son kind of made fun of us and our viewing party, but he stuck around for one finale a few seasons back, and he had a blast with our snarky comments so now he and his wife watch with us sometimes.  Now Mr. HV has retired from his Wednesday night commitment, so this is the first season where he will be joining us.  He hasn't watched Survivor since it used to be on Thursday nights.  I can still remember him shouting from his chair "No Colby!  Jerri is poison, look away, look away!"

This is going to be a good night!  Yay!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I wonder if this 'protect or risk your vote' will be the same all season, or if they'll throw different twists in there.  I kind of hope it's different so people don't know what to expect.  

J.D, is telling the truth and no one looks they are believing him.  I can't say I blame them. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if this 'protect or risk your vote' will be the same all season, or if they'll throw different twists in there.  I kind of hope it's different so people don't know what to expect.  

I bet it will be different things.  The most impressive part is that even though those three guys thought they'd come up with a plan, the questions weren't in the format they'd planned for.  Ha!

I guess the Survivor production team didn't spend their whole year at home baking sourdough.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Okay, something about Evvie I'm not digging.  I can't exactly explain why, other than I think she might bug the crap out of me if she lasts.

Is she the pastor who supposedly has this song she hums in her head when lying? Because I swear that was the most tuneless thing I've ever heard. Couldn't tell what the hell she was supposedly humming. 

Of course no one believes JD even as he's telling the truth, while the other tribes believed the other two guys. Ah bless, there's always one every season - a player who's convinced everyone's loving them and falling for their play and instead the entire tribe has singled them out as shady and a snake. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

Is she the pastor who supposedly has this song she hums in her head when lying? Because I swear that was the most tuneless thing I've ever heard. Couldn't tell what the hell she was supposedly humming. 

Of course no one believes JD even as he's telling the truth, while the other tribes believed the other two guys. Ah bless, there's always one every season - a player who's convinced everyone's loving them and falling for their play and instead the entire tribe has singled them out as shady and a snake. 

No, Evvie is the girl on the yellow tribe with the glasses.  And yes, I don't know what that pastor was humming, but I guess she figured if she used a real song it wouldn't air due to copyright issues.

I like J.D. so I'd be sad if he was the first boot, but so far it isn't looking good at him.  Could be a red herring or it could be he Carlton's his way out of the game.

I forgot the show was on until 7:20. I'll have to watch the beginning tomorrow.

There is one guy who really sounds like Xavier from Big Brother when he talks.

It feels like it's been so long since I last watched this show I forgot how it works. When was the last one? Winter/spring of 2020?

Yay, a challenge!

• LOL 1