Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Family First

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Anosmia said:

I must be misremembering. I thought Delilah’s dad (Gerald McRaney) lived in the States? I don’t know why he, an American, would be living in France, given that his French wife is dead and his daughter and grandkids live in Boston. I must have missed something along the way!

Delilah’s dad is American, has dementia, and for some reason Delilah thought it would be a good idea to take him on a trip to France. While there he broke his hip (I believe) and then Covid hit so they got stuck there. Delilah came home while he stayed recovering and now he had a stroke.

• Love 4
On 9/23/2021 at 8:55 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Same, but I actually LOVE that he's still in the wheelchair. Other shows would have had him walking by the end of last season. I appreciate that this show has kept him in the chair (at least for now). I understand that this is still a TV show and the chances of Eddie walking again are still higher than it would be in real life (especially with Theo's line at the party to Charlie about how they'll "all be walking again [when Charlie comes back]") but, for now, I absolutely love that they're showing real consequences to his accident and not just making it a one season story arc for drama. 

I agree, and it might shock you that this plot, one of the few realistic ones in the show's history, is based on Nash's disabled father. Just like how the suicide of his friend gave this show its heartfelt centerpiece, Nash can't seem to do anything realistic unless it literally happened to him personally.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 9/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, marceline said:

I remember someone in these comments referring to these people as codependent weirdos and AFAIC, that is now the title of the show in my mind. Welcome back Codependent Weirdos!

I finally watched last night, and decided that, from now on, I will be calling it:  A Million Little Contrivances

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Nash can't seem to do anything realistic unless it literally happened to him personally.

I really, genuinely hope that Nash didn't have friends who would abruptly "pivot" in their behaviour or personality, just to remain interesting.

• LOL 4
20 hours ago, Anosmia said:

I must be misremembering. I thought Delilah’s dad (Gerald McRaney) lived in the States? I don’t know why he, an American, would be living in France, given that his French wife is dead and his daughter and grandkids live in Boston. I must have missed something along the way!

Delilah's dad is/was also played by Paul Guilfoyle. I might be conflating this with another show, but I feel like at some point Delilah said she was raised in France and she took her father there for a last trip because he/they had many happy memories there. Then an injury (broken hip? leg?) and COVID conspired to keep them there while Stephanie worked out her contract dispute.

On 9/25/2021 at 11:57 AM, historylover820 said:

I'm the same way, and it really is the weirdest experience. The only other show I've ever done that to is Smallville. I never hate watched that show either, but I picked it apart while I watched.

On 9/24/2021 at 11:18 AM, Clanstarling said:

As ridiculous as some / most of the storylines, I guess I still kind of like the show. I'm not hate watching, but I am picking it apart while I watch it. It's a weird experience.

Welcome to the world of a Supernatural fan. :)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1