Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Family First

• Start Topic

Gary is conflicted after encountering Peter; Regina and Rome stand together to face the shutdown of Someday and the deportation of Tyrell's mom; Sophie works out her emotions about her mother.

Original air date 9/22/01

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So, is Delilah taking Charlie with her?  What was that comment that Kathryn made about  suing her if she takes Charlie away?  It was supposedly a joke.  I don’t get it.  

How many times has this show used the storyline of an unintentional open mic or pre-recorded voice message going out accidentally?  It’s just ridiculous.  

I hope Tyrell is lucky and he stays gone.  

What did Gary do with that shirt at the end?  

• Love 4

OK, so who was that guy who was with Gary when he was attacking Peter? Was it a hallucination? I didn't get it. What was that? Glad Sophie had an alibi. He sure didn't think about that! (But Sophie probably should be glad that Peter is in a coma and didn't hear the podcast. Because he could have sued her for slander and defamation of character. Sad, but with no proof, that's what would happen in the real world.)

Bye, Delilah. I doubt whether too many people will miss you. However, I did feel for her. My Dad is going through health problems, and I'm unable to be with my parents during this time. It makes me sad. So, I do feel for her about this.

Bye, Tyrell. Given this show's history of just dropping storylines, you won't be coming back. Rome can kiss those earbuds goodbye.

So, there is an old entertainment story, probably apocryphal, of a radio or early TV personality in the '40s who was a hit but a live mic caught him bashing his audience. This is probably apocryphal, but it was used as the climax of the 1957 Elia Kazan movie "A Face in the Crowd," which starred Andy Griffith. A really good movie. I recommend it. Andy Griffith is absolutely not Andy Taylor or Ben Matlock in that movie, and it's his film debut. Anyway, I was just reminded of that during that meltdown. (But, Maggie, seriously? Claudia sounded upset when she called you. I knew she had gotten fired. All of you knew she had gotten fired. Heck, people who don't watch this show knew that she had gotten fired! Why didn't you take the cue at just the fact that she sounded upset!)

Nice place Eddie got. How is he going to afford it? Oh, wait. My bad. Money is really not an issue for these characters.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

OK, so who was that guy who was with Gary when he was attacking Peter?

The father of the other girl Peter victimized, who had given Sophie his daughter’s diary as evidence.

• Useful 8
  • Love 10

So, I guess this is the end for Delilah, who is now permanently moving to France! What a fantastic mother she is! Sacrificing her kids for her own happiness! Again, very annoyed that Delilah has had people coddle her the entire way, and it only continues. And...Danny's going with her too? So he's off the show now as well? Now, I'm fine with Delilah going, even if it reinforces what a crap mother she is, but Danny too? Damn. 

And Charlie is...what, now permanently in Delilah's custody? I know the show basically stopped caring about Charlie being Eddie's right after that custody battle in season 2, but c'mon! 

Katherine/Eddie, now that they're separated, seem to be on ok terms again. Seriously, though, no way can Eddie afford that nice ass apartment. That looks like it's AT LEAST 2k a month, and Eddie most definitely doesn't have that kind of money long-term. It's WAY too nice for Eddie and WAY too convenient that it has everything he needs, including ALL accessibility needs. Some accessibility, sure. But everything is just SUPER convenient. He even has a parking space right next to the elevators! And also, when the HELL did Eddie learn how to drive? 

So, I see that Darcy/Gary are back on solid terms, but now Gary is hiding the fact that he went with the father of the girl who committed suicide to beat Peter into a coma. Fantastic. That won't come back up mid-to-late season to blow up in his face. Hell, I expect him to be arrested at some point. 

Maggie gets to take over the podcast. Ok? Maybe Claudia will be her new friend? But girl has got to get a plot going with one of the main characters again (no, not Gary, please). Maybe she can befriend Katherine now that Katherine is back on the outs with divorcing Eddie. 

I felt bad for Regina for losing her restaurant. I'm also a bit sad at Tyrell going to see his mom for a few weeks. I do like that the fostering storyline is a thing for them, rather than them adopting a newborn. It's different so I'd hate to fully lose it, BUT I'm fine with a break from Tyrell, if he ever comes back. 

• Love 8

So Gary's girlfriend (sorry, blanking on her name) Darcy leaves her voicemail and five minutes later he's having photos taken for the Zillow listing? What is the timeline, here?

Is the actress playing Delilah leaving? Or Danny? Or are we gonna get more zoom convos? [edit: I just googled and apparently no, she's not.]

31 minutes ago, Aileen said:

The father of the other girl Peter victimized, who had given Sophie his daughter’s diary as evidence.

Thank you. I feel like last season was so long ago (even with the 'previously' scene at the beginning) I don't recognize minor characters. 

Did we really only get a minute or less of Theo? (The actor is 12 and he still sounds exactly the same as he did on episode 1.)

I don't really get why Claudia had to lose her job. It sounded like she worked for the radio station, not personally for the radio host ("when she was fired they didn't need me anymore" or something to that effect). They plan to replace the host so why not keep her on? (Who doesn't think this temp gig will turn into a permanent offer for Maggie's own show? Anyone?)

The party felt more like a series finale than a season premiere...

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 10

Is Chance Hurstfield leaving AMLT for good? I hope he isn’t, I love Danny.

Gary will be in so much trouble and that could jeopardise his relationship with Darcy and his career.

Hope Eddie’s new storyline will not be as lame as the drowning arc. And get this man out of that wheelchair already, it’s way overdue!

Still don’t care about Maggie and her podcast. What about the Oxford’s storyline, abandoned?

After closing Someday, what’s next for Regina?

The Friday Night Pizza was warm and fuzzy with series/season finale vibe.

Delilah is selfish, spoiled and entitled. AMLT should stop trying to make her a sympathetic and likable character.

It doesn’t make sense for Sophie to live in that big house all by herself. What about the housekeeping and maintenance cost etc?

Hey Delilah and Tyrell, please don’t come back! 😅

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Did we really only get a minute or less of Theo? (The actor is 12 and he still sounds exactly the same as he did on episode 1.)

You know, before AMLT, I watched The Connors. And Mark came down, and my first thought was "The kid grew a foot over hiatus, and his voice is a little deeper!" At first, I wasn't sure it's the same actor (it is). But, then you compare him to Theo, and they've got to be only maybe a year apart in age. Yeah.

Granted, puberty happens at different times, but dang.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This was so bad, I fear I'll either have to hate watch or stop watching altogether. 

So Gary did a bad bad thing. There goes my main reason for watching this show. (Will have to wait for the Psych 3 movie now.) 

Maggie's happy someone's karma caught up with them. 

Delilah and Sophie are still tone-deaf with each other about everything.

More Danny, as he is likeable and sensible and deserving of screen time.

I like Regina and Rome and Tyrell, but doubt we'll see them as much. 

And that comment Katherine made about suing Delilah if she took Charlie away from Eddie was just sad.  It was supposed to be humorous and show us just how far those two had come, but it was painful -- at best. 

Ugh.

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Hope Eddie’s new storyline will not be as lame as the drowning arc. And get this man out of that wheelchair already, it’s way overdue!

Same, but I actually LOVE that he's still in the wheelchair. Other shows would have had him walking by the end of last season. I appreciate that this show has kept him in the chair (at least for now). I understand that this is still a TV show and the chances of Eddie walking again are still higher than it would be in real life (especially with Theo's line at the party to Charlie about how they'll "all be walking again [when Charlie comes back]") but, for now, I absolutely love that they're showing real consequences to his accident and not just making it a one season story arc for drama. 

55 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

It doesn’t make sense for Sophie to live in that big house all by herself. What about the housekeeping and maintenance cost etc?

Yeah, it ALSO makes no sense for Sophie, a 17/18 year old girl, to be taking care of the house on her own. She'd be better off getting her own apartment and just having an entirely new set. The show is clearly only keeping Sophie in that house to not just save money on a new set (since they just spent money on Eddie's hella nice new apartment/condo), but to have the gang meet up there since nobody else has an actual house, besides Katherine. Honestly, it would have been better if Delilah just offered Gary and Darcy her home and still have Sophie live here with them, rather than Sophie living there on her own. 

• Love 8

How is Maggie making money? Is she still working as a therapist? She spent the whole episode unpacking dishes and being childish over the radio show drama. That apartment can't be cheap.

1 hour ago, historylover820 said:

Thanks! I could not remember. Maybe he was the one who beat Peter so badly that he's in a coma....

I wonder if Gary left and the dad stayed behind and roughed him up more. Maybe Gary wasn't involved in the worst of the beating... He seemed a little surprised that Peter was in a coma. (Though he had to have done something to have blood on his arm, which apparently was not his since it washed off and he didn't seem to have any visible injury himself.) Did the dad steal the missing instruments so it looked like a robbery or does Gary have them in the back of his car or something?

1 hour ago, historylover820 said:

You know, before AMLT, I watched The Connors. And Mark came down, and my first thought was "The kid grew a foot over hiatus, and his voice is a little deeper!" At first, I wasn't sure it's the same actor (it is). But, then you compare him to Theo, and they've got to be only maybe a year apart in age. Yeah.

Granted, puberty happens at different times, but dang.

Also watched The Conners and had the same thoughts. Ames McNamara just turned 14 (born September 2007), if the site that came up in google is accurate. (I tried to find how tall he is now but all I came up with was an old page that said he was still under 5 feet). Tristan Byon was born May 2009, according to the AMLT Wiki (not sure if the character is the same age, since the timeline on this show has always been a little wonky...last season started several months behind since they were still back in early covid then jumped to George Floyd and protests and kind of zipped through at least a few months...have we caught up to the present? I have no clue, but there is no time jump from the end of last season, since it ended with Gary attacking Peter and it hadn't hit the news yet). Even if nature is taking its time, the show really needs to grow him up a little. He's too old for his dad and his friend to be joking about his robot underpants.

1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

More Danny, as he is likeable and sensible and deserving of screen time.

Yes! I wanted his story to be about getting to know his boyfriend and being a kid, not moving to France to take care of his delicate flower of a  mother.

14 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I could have sworn Sophie said that she’s be living there while the house was on the market, not living there permanently…

She did, but it was easy to miss.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, it ALSO makes no sense for Sophie, a 17/18 year old girl, to be taking care of the house on her own. She'd be better off getting her own apartment and just having an entirely new set. The show is clearly only keeping Sophie in that house to not just save money on a new set (since they just spent money on Eddie's hella nice new apartment/condo), but to have the gang meet up there since nobody else has an actual house, besides Katherine. Honestly, it would have been better if Delilah just offered Gary and Darcy her home and still have Sophie live here with them, rather than Sophie living there on her own. 

The gang could have their get together at the rooftop of Rome/Gina’s apartment.

51 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I could have sworn Sophie said that she’s be living there while the house was on the market, not living there permanently…

Thank you, I missed this…

• Love 1

I had hoped that the show would reconsider the Gary storyline over the hiatus, but no, they doubled down and put the guy in a coma. Even if Gary left and the dad did most of the damage, Gary commited a crime. It reminds me of the Alex assault story on Grey's Anatomy, which tainted my favorite character and eventually got handwaved away.

Delilah can go but not Danny. They should have made Charlie Jon's because it's weird that Eddie doesn't seem to care that much about his daughter.

• Love 7

I’m hoping that Danny gets closer to his friend and last minute he has second thoughts about going.  And, his mom says she’s glad and that he should stay. Now that his sister is 18, she can act as his guardian and they both stay in the house.  Then, something happens and Gary’s girlfriend’s new job falls through. He has no where to live so he, girlfriend and her son move into Delilah’s house…..maybe…,lol

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Now that his sister is 18, she can act as his guardian and they both stay in the house

Which would be unfair to a 18 year-old that probably has plans for her own life that does not involve being a parent to her not-so-much-younger brother. That would be something that the writers would totally write as realistic because La-La-Land seems to exist in a completely different dimension where babies grown but not really, tweens ask for cuddles without any eye rolling from anyone else, where accessibility is not only easily found, but also affordable - and I am assuming in an upscale neighborhood - where people who don't work can make a living out of good intentions, where big houses get self-cleaned, self-maintained, self-stocked with food, and where the food gets self-cooked and the dishes get self-washed, and I guess the mortgage and the taxes are also self-paid since nobody works and the dead husband left a bunch of debts (am I remembering that correctly?)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

It’s as if the writers/producers keep saying things like, “I know! Let’s run Eddie over with a car! Let’s turn Gary into a criminal! Let’s... Let’s... Let’s...” without thinking for one minute about what that “totally awesome” move does to their ensemble show. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m hoping that Danny gets closer to his friend and last minute he has second thoughts about going.  And, his mom says she’s glad and that he should stay. Now that his sister is 18, she can act as his guardian and they both stay in the house.  Then, something happens and Gary’s girlfriend’s new job falls through. He has no where to live so he, girlfriend and her son move into Delilah’s house…..maybe…,lol

That would actually be some pretty good writing....which means it probably won't happen.

6 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Hey Delilah and Tyrell, please don’t come back! 😅

Agreed. Something about Tyrell just bugs me. Like another poster said, sometimes he acts like he's in charge of Rome and Gina, and other times he acts like their peer. And he always has that "I'm working a scam" air about him. No, I don't like that kid at all. And taking the ear buds without asking was just typical of him. Hopefully Rome never gets them back.

And is it just me, or did Delilah's French accent seem stronger than ever before? And Gary...the "why haven't we slept together yet?" in front of her kids was just too OTP. As I've said before, Gary just tries too hard, although he did have some pretty good one-liners last night.

Like another poster said, this seemed like more of a series finale and a season opener. The real series finale probably won't be that good.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Winston Wolfe said:

That would actually be some pretty good writing....which means it probably won't happen.

Agreed. Something about Tyrell just bugs me. Like another poster said, sometimes he acts like he's in charge of Rome and Gina, and other times he acts like their peer. And he always has that "I'm working a scam" air about him. No, I don't like that kid at all. And taking the ear buds without asking was just typical of him. Hopefully Rome never gets them back.

And is it just me, or did Delilah's French accent seem stronger than ever before. And Gary...the "why haven't we slept together yet?" in front of her kids was just to OTP. As I've said before, Gary just tries too hard, although he did have some pretty good one-liners last night.

YES!!! I thought the same last night. It's like they're hitting the audience over the head with, "SEE?! France is where she BELONGS!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

Which would be unfair to a 18 year-old that probably has plans for her own life that does not involve being a parent to her not-so-much-younger brother.

Well, since they both seem to be more together and mature than their mother, they can just be roommates.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Totally agreed. I don’t like Tyrell from the get go. Something is off with that kid. Remember there’s one time when he needed a new pair of fancy sneakers just because he had a date or something. Ughhh, entitled! 😣

The bond that Rome has with PJ seems much more natural.

• Love 4

Ucch, this is gonna get real ugly, real quick.

20 hours ago, Aileen said:

Gary needs to throw out that hoodie. He can afford a new one.

Gary, burn those clothes! They make your ass look guilty.

Can I not care about the guilt-ridden woman who hit Eddie, please? Like, at all? We've all moved on, writers; why can't you?

19 hours ago, nexxie said:

... a million little directionless characters and disjointed plotlines

That was the show's working title, but it didn't do well with focus groups (I'm guessing).

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Also watched The Conners and had the same thoughts. Ames McNamara just turned 14 (born September 2007), if the site that came up in google is accurate. (I tried to find how tall he is now but all I came up with was an old page that said he was still under 5 feet). Tristan Byon was born May 2009, according to the AMLT Wiki (not sure if the character is the same age, since the timeline on this show has always been a little wonky...last season started several months behind since they were still back in early covid then jumped to George Floyd and protests and kind of zipped through at least a few months...have we caught up to the present? I have no clue, but there is no time jump from the end of last season, since it ended with Gary attacking Peter and it hadn't hit the news yet). 

I think we are still in summer of 2020. Last season, several episodes after the George Floyd protest episode Rome mentioned how last week was Father's Day. So time was moving pretty slow. 

But still, Theo is 11 and even if the actor looks young they can write him to act like it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I think we are still in summer of 2020. Last season, several episodes after the George Floyd protest episode Rome mentioned how last week was Father's Day. So time was moving pretty slow. 

But still, Theo is 11 and even if the actor looks young they can write him to act like it.

Good grief. Pretty soon, Theo is going to show up at Eddie's, and he's 6 feet tall with a baritone voice still wanting to have cuddles and wearing robot underwear. And only two months have past.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

This show is so completely ridiculous. I can’t decide if I’m done, or want to hate watch.

It’s so predictable…Maggie hears the other “therapist” f’ing up her broadcast/podcast, whatever it was. I said outloud to no one, Oh, so Maggie will take over.

Sophie is what, 17-19 and is being left in the huge house while it’s for sale? Yes, sure.

Eddie does not care his toddler(?) is moving to France with her Mom who, this episode, has a French accent?!

What a shit show!! I’ll give it one more week, but I think I’m out.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I actually lol at those underwear. Weren’t they like toddler size?

Gary couldn’t have totally responded to that message from his girlfriend.  That home invasion couldn’t have taken more that 10 minutes.  The rest of the evening  he was free.  

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Sophie is what, 17-19 and is being left in the huge house while it’s for sale? Yes, sure.

She's 18, but yeah. Is she cleaning that whole huge house? I feel like Delilah would have a housekeeper in that place.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, ams1001 said:

Is the actress playing Delilah leaving? Or Danny? Or are we gonna get more zoom convos? [edit: I just googled and apparently no, she's not.]

Further clarification:

https://tvline.com/2021/09/22/a-million-little-things-season-4-delilah-stephanie-szostak-recurring-france/

Spoiler

Series creator/executive producer DJ Nash confirms to TVLine that Stephanie Szostak, who has been a series regular since Season 1, will be a recurring guest star in Season 4. The change, he explains, comes as a result of Canada’s mandatory 14-day quarantine for travelers entering the country. (A Million Little Things shoots in Vancouver, British Columbia. Szostak lives in Connecticut.)

And what about Chance Hurstfield, who plays Danny? “I won’t say because we’re going to follow that story,” Nash says.

• Useful 2
On 9/22/2021 at 8:47 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Katherine/Eddie, now that they're separated, seem to be on ok terms again. Seriously, though, no way can Eddie afford that nice ass apartment. That looks like it's AT LEAST 2k a month, and Eddie most definitely doesn't have that kind of money long-term. It's WAY too nice for Eddie and WAY too convenient that it has everything he needs, including ALL accessibility needs. Some accessibility, sure. But everything is just SUPER convenient. He even has a parking space right next to the elevators! And also, when the HELL did Eddie learn how to drive? 

I felt bad for Regina for losing her restaurant. I'm also a bit sad at Tyrell going to see his mom for a few weeks. I do like that the fostering storyline is a thing for them, rather than them adopting a newborn. It's different so I'd hate to fully lose it, BUT I'm fine with a break from Tyrell, if he ever comes back. 

Maybe Eddie's getting spousal support? I do like Tyrell, unlike a lot of people on the forum.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:55 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

After closing Someday, what’s next for Regina?

I don't know what they'll have her do, but since her husband's a director, it seems to me she could launch a YouTube channel and make a few bucks that way. (I love watching YouTube cooking shows, and some of them are quite high end)

13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, I think they actually said "four months" in one of the conversations. Which means this season, they've decided to forget about the pandemic entirely.

11 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Eddie does not care his toddler(?) is moving to France with her Mom who, this episode, has a French accent?!

That was pretty astonishing to me. Eddie not giving a damn, and Katherine making that "joke" - at first I thought it was real, and then they all laughed it off.

As ridiculous as some / most of the storylines, I guess I still kind of like the show. I'm not hate watching, but I am picking it apart while I watch it. It's a weird experience.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

That was pretty astonishing to me. Eddie not giving a damn, and Katherine making that "joke" - at first I thought it was real, and then they all laughed it off.

I guess we're to assume they had a discussion about it off screen?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Further clarification:

https://tvline.com/2021/09/22/a-million-little-things-season-4-delilah-stephanie-szostak-recurring-france/

Reveal spoiler

Series creator/executive producer DJ Nash confirms to TVLine that Stephanie Szostak, who has been a series regular since Season 1, will be a recurring guest star in Season 4. The change, he explains, comes as a result of Canada’s mandatory 14-day quarantine for travelers entering the country. (A Million Little Things shoots in Vancouver, British Columbia. Szostak lives in Connecticut.)

And what about Chance Hurstfield, who plays Danny? “I won’t say because we’re going to follow that story,” Nash says.

I don’t really understand on his remarks re Chance Hurstfield, what does it mean?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't know what they'll have her do, but since her husband's a director, it seems to me she could launch a YouTube channel and make a few bucks that way. (I love watching YouTube cooking shows, and some of them are quite high end)

That’s a good idea!

Gina is one of my fav character. I hope the writers will not ruin her this season.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I don’t really understand on his remarks re Chance Hurstfield, what does it mean?

🤷🏻‍♀️

He'll hate France and come back in a few weeks? (Do D's kids even speak French?)

• Love 2
17 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

In addition to the cringey Katherine suing Delilah joke, I also found the Gary and Eddie exchange about Eddie's sperm and tofu to be extra gag-worthy.

It was crass and unnecessary because the imagery it conveyed was disgusting. Maybe the writers let a teenage intern write that exchange.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 9/24/2021 at 10:18 AM, Clanstarling said:

As ridiculous as some / most of the storylines, I guess I still kind of like the show. I'm not hate watching, but I am picking it apart while I watch it. It's a weird experience.

I'm the same way, and it really is the weirdest experience. The only other show I've ever done that to is Smallville. I never hate watched that show either, but I picked it apart while I watched.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2021 at 1:38 AM, ams1001 said:

🤷🏻‍♀️

He'll hate France and come back in a few weeks? (Do D's kids even speak French?)

Maybe Sophie and Danny can curse in French. They aren’t as delicate as their mom. 😂

With Danny and Charlie away, am praying for less Theo! 🙏🏻

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/22/2021 at 11:22 PM, Aileen said:

Right! Thank you. I’m not great at retaining info from season to season (unless it’s a show I REALLY enjoy), so I couldn’t place him. 

On 9/24/2021 at 9:21 AM, ams1001 said:

I am not sure why the comment on the article was hidden so I will hide my comment too, just in case

Spoiler

I can understand someone wanting to see their family more often than a filming schedule allows but do all the other actors live in Canada with their families? I would think that this accommodation would cause other cast members to ask for the same. I am not convinced that there isn't more to the story - but if that's all there is, good for her. 

I had no idea that the show was filmed in Canada

The best part of the episode was Maggie's gleeful schadenfreude at the jerk podcasters misfortune, that really cracked me up. Then of course they ruined it by having Maggie be a total idiot for not realizing that the assistant would be fired with her and Maggie getting automatically hired to take her spot, because things on this show are always ridiculously hard or ridiculously easy, no middle ground.

This season looks like more of the same "throw everything at the wall to see what sticks" approach to storytelling, where they just throw out any random story they can think of for maximum drama only to abandon it when they get bored. So now Gary and the dad of the girl who killed herself beat the crap out of the creep, so now we get a "Gary beat a guy into a coma" story, and yeah the guy was a next level scumbag, but that is still a seriously messed up thing for a main character in a feelsy family drama to do, this isn't The Punisher. Not to mention that this is all still clearly more about Gary and his own feelings than poor Sophie, who is now being denied closure because Gary wanted to feel in control again. I do wonder if they are going to pull back a bit, Gary did look surprised that the guy was in a coma, maybe they will say that Gary just roughed him up a little and left and it was the dad who did the worst beating, to try and absolve him of some guilt? Its still an absolute crime and might have made everything even worse for Sophie, but the show is going to have to do something to get past this mess.

I do not care at all about the guilt ridden woman who hit Eddie, I hate this story and how its potential was wasted, first in this awful divorce and now with some lame mystery over the jackass who ran Eddie over. Its this show, so I am guessing its Regina's second cousin or something. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Delilah. She leaves this show as she started it, being a whiny selfish drip who everything else bends over backwards to cater to. I hate how everyone has to coddle her no matter what crap she pulls, even her own kids. Every time someone rightfully calls her out like Sophie did in this episode, the show always has to pull a Poor Delilah on them to make them feel bad about being justifiably upset. I hate that Eddie doesn't even care that Delilah is taking his daughter to another country (during a pandemic!) after he fought so hard for her, and i hate that stupid joke about Katherine threatening to sue Delilah for the baby. Remember when Katherine and Eddie went against Delilah and almost sued her for full custody? Good times. I hope that Danny isn't gone long, he's probably one of the most mature characters on the show, I hate that he has to uproot his life just to hold his moms hand. Can he even speak French? 

I am also not sad to see Tyrell go. He has his moments and I like seeing Rome and Regina trying to mentor a teen who needs it, but he has this sense of entitlement when it comes to Rome and Regina that I don't like. 

• Love 10

I must be misremembering. I thought Delilah’s dad (Gerald McRaney) lived in the States? I don’t know why he, an American, would be living in France, given that his French wife is dead and his daughter and grandkids live in Boston. I must have missed something along the way!

• Love 2