Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Crappy Birthday to You

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I didn't blame Babs for being kind of upset.   That will be the day my kids come to my place and start throwing my shit out without asking,  like they're the bosses.   Hell freaking no.   Like, excuse me???

Babs & Glenn are the adults in the room.  I bet they paid for her house, and support Hunter too.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

wtf is wrong with her?? She speaks to a guy online who tutors her in French and immediately thinks they’ll get engaged and marry 🙄

Yes. I confess I skipped some of the episodes, but did she meet him on a dating app?  I thought it was an online French lesson place.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Oh I see it know, Whitney's mind racing, she will NOT be dumped again. She packs up all her best leggings and crop tops and books her ticket to fly off to Paris to confront LeBlur with her whiteboard to prove to him in person she is senshul and worth the D list notoriety he will receive. 

I loved that whiteboard!  If she does take, it'll be worth the extra baggage fee.
At the beginning of the show, closed caption tagged Frenchman as Avi (Ari?).  That would be a good story line.

• Love 2

Wow, that bathing suit would look awful on a majority of people.  Why Whitney thought that was a good one for her is a puzzle.  But, god, could she be any bigger a baby about her birthday being "ruined."  How old is she?  And the constant "me and all my friends have been stuck inside since the beginning of the pandemic" as if that's exclusive to them. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Also, didn't she identify most of that crap as hers?

"Goose" was, hopefully, home with its real owner...

That was the part that ticked me off - she’s complaining about all the junk that needs to be thrown out from the garage, and yet she kept saying the stuff was hers! She has her own house, so why is so much of her stuff still at her parents' home? Take your crap to your own home and leave your parents to themselves.

Her mother kept saying to stop taking things to the truck, but NitWhit just ignored her. I can’t stand how obnoxiously she behaves towards her parents. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

The garage cleaning begins and Babs says to the camera with determination that she's not going to have it. She fails to share this with Whitney, however, so she actually does have it. We see her fluttering ineffectually around the bundle of sticks in the truck. For chrissake, Babs, just take the damn sticks out of the truck. But no. Then Glen, who last week wasn't about to give control of the family to Whitney, now thinks hiring the junk removal people is a good idea. He doesn't like how it was done, which again isn't mentioned to the doer. I can't with these ineffectual people. All sizzle and no steak.

To anyone who has lived in a family home for at least 20-plus years, NO ONE can convince me that what was shown in the "To-Be-Removed' piles of clutter was even HALF of what was going to fit into that 'trucklet.'  I believe that Babs and Glenn put out only EXACTLY what they, themselves, were truly ready to part with.  (I "get" that as Whitney's parents, they are earnestly trying to "go along" with the show's production plots...but I never for a minute question that they are always in charge of the Family Thore!)  (P.S.  Thanks Babs for your intelligent, quirky humor.  We are close in age, and you truly make me laugh!  As a born & bred NY-er, I've never had the op to enjoy a Southern friend, so it's fun to see how much humor we share.)

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

That was not a bathing suit; definitely a body suit or something. As ugly as it was at least she kept it on.

All the pouting, crying and whining Whitney does the show name needs to be changed. My suggestion “My big fat fucked up life.”

Yes! The suit was so ugly. Whitney, although not big breasted for her weight  needs a much thicker strap and/or bra cups for support.  And the color was just ugly. Plus her breasts look to be at least a cup size different from each other. I've seen her on IG in some cute dresses, this thing was awful. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Yes! The suit was so ugly. Whitney, although not big breasted for her weight  needs a much thicker strap and/or bra cups for support.  And the color was just ugly. Plus her breasts look to be at least a cup size different from each other. I've seen her on IG in some cute dresses, this thing was awful. 

She should of gone with a Miracle Suite ,I think they come in larger sizes. At least she would have support in the breast area and I also notice top part of her fupa was hanging out. 🤢

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, auntjess said:

Yes. I confess I skipped some of the episodes, but did she meet him on a dating app?  I thought it was an online French lesson place.

I’m not sure how they met… all I remember is something about him tutoring her in French but I’m sure there’s more to the story… maybe someone else could fill in the details… I’d love to know the whole story. 🙂

• Love 1
9 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

They do look two different sizes. I can't believe she walks around like that.  She needs support asap.  She looked so gross in that "bathing suit" (looked more like a leotard).  I also think she wore that because if it got wet it would look like she was naked.  There was no type of lining or anything in it so if it got wet it would be super clingy and extra gross.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Whitney larping as a personal trainer will never not be funny. I know it’s all producer engineered - but if I were the client and Will fobbed me off to this behemoth I’d be a) insulted and b) ask for my money back. She was so full of herself during her “shadowing” session. And Will can GTFOH with his ridiculous ass pats. We see you Will. You and Jessica will do about anything for reality coin but I’ll bet you won’t really hire her. If you do you’re just as bad as her barnacles. Maybe worse because you’re putting your professional “health and wellness guru” reputation on the line.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Notice she said she was going home to her cats. Her poor puppy. 

I'm convinced the dog is a prop; probably some TLC crew members emotional support animal, which explains both why he's so calm and why he seems to have no idea who Whitney is.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I also think she wore that because if it got wet it would look like she was naked.  There was no type of lining or anything in it so if it got wet it would be super clingy and extra gross.  

Y'all are missing her joke.  "BIRTHDAY suit."

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Whitney larping as a personal trainer will never not be funny. I know it’s all producer engineered - but if I were the client and Will fobbed me off to this behemoth I’d be a) insulted and b) ask for my money back. She was so full of herself during her “shadowing” session. And Will can GTFOH with his ridiculous ass pats. We see you Will. You and Jessica will do about anything for reality coin but I’ll bet you won’t really hire her. If you do you’re just as bad as her barnacles. Maybe worse because you’re putting your professional “health and wellness guru” reputation on the line.

Will and Jessica are disgusting.

• Love 1

For me, I thought Whit did the right thing in expressing her disappointment with the Frenchman’s response to her about meeting up.  Good to say what’s on your mind. But, after he said how he felt…the thing to say was, I appreciate you sharing that with me. I get it and I think that means this friendship goes no further.  Goodbye and good luck.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

For me, I thought Whit did the right thing in expressing her disappointment with the Frenchman’s response to her about meeting up.  Good to say what’s on your mind. But, after he said how he felt…the thing to say was, I appreciate you sharing that with me. I get it and I think that means this friendship goes no further.  Goodbye and good luck.  

That would show class,Whitless has none.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, stoppro said:

That would show class,Whitless has none.

I guess…..but I don’t get the money and perks a realty show brings.  😝

I’m not sure what she pulls in, but it’s likely more than she’d make at a regular job in Greensboro, say…office clerk, radio host, personal trainer, etc. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure what she pulls in, but it’s likely more than she’d make at a regular job in Greensboro, say…office clerk, radio host, personal trainer, etc. 

Personal trainers can make good $$, even in Greensboro.  A halfway motivated one can make at least $60K a year. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Personal trainers can make good $$, even in Greensboro.  A halfway motivated one can make at least $60K a year. 

I don't really consider the Twit even "halfway motivated"...really...do you?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’d venture to guess she makes more than those jobs unless it’s like a top level radio host, it would also requiring discipline  whereas she can go on paid trips, get naked, pee in pools/hot tubs, nap away the day, and get paid for it 😛

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't really consider the Twit even "halfway motivated"...really...do you?

This whole story line of Whitney being a personal trainer is annoying… she’s a morbidly obese 40 yr old woman with various health problems… doesn’t that fly in the face of being a personal trainer?

shouldn't a personal trainer be someone that others can look up to as an expert on getting fit and healthy?

I found it hard to watch her travel around as a dance coach because she isn’t that good of a dancer but she marketed herself to other overweight women and there seemed to be a niche in the marketplace for her service. (Or maybe TLC made it seem that way)

is there really people out there who would want Whitney as a personal trainer when she’s in terrible shape herself?… I know I wouldn’t 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

shouldn't a personal trainer be someone that others can look up to as an expert on getting fit and healthy?

Yup. I worked with a trainer who got fired from the gym for being too thin (we're talking  skeletal thin.) They tried and tried,  offering counseling,  etc, and no there was no medical issue causing her to be underweight.  She food  restricted to the extreme.  Ultimately she was told that she did not project the healthy lifestyle the gym promoted.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 9/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Uh, I thought it was a language tutoring app teacher/student relationship...

• Love 1

I can sort of see how morbidly obese people might feel more comfortable with Whit helping them get started with working out. I’ve seen shows with super morbidly obese people and someone like Whitney might he less intimidating for them. Plus, Whit sort of knows what they are going through to a certain extent.  But, I can’t imagine there would be many clients in that category.  It is a storyline and allows them to bring in Will and Jessica.  They seem to be in good shape and the attention on the show could bring in a few new clients. So, there’s that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can sort of see how morbidly obese people might feel more comfortable with Whit helping them get started with working out. I’ve seen shows with super morbidly obese people and someone like Whitney might he less intimidating for them. Plus, Whit sort of knows what they are going through to a certain extent.  But, I can’t imagine there would be many clients in that category.  But it is a storyline and allows them to bring in Will and Jessica.  They seem to be in good shape and the attention in the show could bring in a few new clients. So, there’s that.  

If you have whitless as your trainer the way you want your weight to go is up and your health down. she is a shit head.Shitheads can't train anything.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I’ll throw Whit a bone and say some mirbidly obese people or someone who is a fan of the show might think it fun at the beginning of the show, but I personally think she might try and turn it into a chat session about herself and I don’t even want to think about what happens if the client somehow shows improvement and begins to lose weight.  It will probably be a some sort of combination of jealousy and speeches about how weight loss is not important.  IMO Whitney just can’t be happy for other people.  I think Will just participates in this because he knows it will never happen and get to showcase his gym and he also doesn’t want to ruin Jessica’s cash flow from NOBSACTIVE.  What certification test was Whitney supposedly studying for?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’ll throw Whit a bone and say some mirbidly obese people or someone who is a fan of the show might think it fun at the beginning of the show, but I personally think she might try and turn it into a chat session about herself and I don’t even want to think about what happens if the client somehow shows improvement and begins to lose weight.  It will probably be a some sort of combination of jealousy and speeches about how weight loss is not important.  IMO Whitney just can’t be happy for other people.  I think Will just participates in this because he knows it will never happen and get to showcase his gym and he also doesn’t want to ruin Jessica’s cash flow from NOBSACTIVE.  What certification test was Whitney supposedly studying for?

Good point on Jessica’s side business. It’s my understanding that trainers really struggle financially when in a self employment situation like she and her dad have. Covid hasn’t helped matters.

I can’t recall the name of the certification right now. Doubt I’ll rewatch to get it. It’ll probably come up later.  With the way the show plays with realty….Whit may actually already passed and this drama is just for storyline purposes. 

• Love 1

If I was new to working out, Will and Jessica's gym would be the last place I would go.  It seems like it's gym for people who are already in great shape (I could be wrong).  When I started going to the gym I went to one that catered to people of all shapes and sizes and helped me ease into it, and focused more on getting healthy and building stamina, not just weight loss to look like a super model.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

The National Academy of Sports Medicine CPT  [Certified Personal Trainer]

Well, that's a laugh. That's a fucking  HARD certification --- I have multiple degrees in the sciences from a top-rated college and it made my head hurt.  The exam is LONG. Multiple parts, and you have to pass EVERY part, not just an overall passing score.  Fail any part, and you have to wait 30 days and take the whole thing over. I know because I screwed one part the first time around.  By 1 point. 

No way in hell hWitney passes that test. 

• Useful 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

For some reason, I watched this episode the entire way through. The first one in a while. Probably because she wasn’t screeching or braying the entire way through.

A few thoughts:

Barging into her parents house, going through their things and throwing them outside on to the driveway was completely disrespectful to them in every way.

Hauling out that poor dead turtle was completely disrespectful to that poor little being that she says she loves.

I said from the get-go the French person did not show his face because he did not want to happen to him what happened to Chase. She said it’s out of her control which is BS. Because, the people who went after Chase were her rabid followers. And one word from her would’ve stopped a lot of it. 

Finally, that awful beige swimming suit that had absolutely no support anywhere. Basically, you saw that awful body in all it’s glory. (Let me say that I have a less than stellar body myself.  But, when one does, one learns how to choose clothing that makes that less than stellar body look as good as possible.  She really needed to do an episode of What Not to Wear.  If the production team chooses her clothing, they must really hate her because they opened her up to ridicule.)

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Well, that's a laugh. That's a fucking  HARD certification --- I have multiple degrees in the sciences from a top-rated college and it made my head hurt.  The exam is LONG. Multiple parts, and you have to pass EVERY part, not just an overall passing score.  Fail any part, and you have to wait 30 days and take the whole thing over. I know because I screwed one part the first time around.  By 1 point. 

No way in hell hWitney passes that test. 

Thanks for the info… I was wondering what the course was like, level of difficulty etc and u answered everything…. Now I can’t wait to see where they go with this story. 🤗

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Thanks for the info… I was wondering what the course was like, level of difficulty etc and u answered everything…. Now I can’t wait to see where they go with this story. 🤗

If the exam is that difficult……idk.  It sounds like you need a lot more than the causal focus she’s been giving it.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I’ll throw Whit a bone and say some mirbidly obese people or someone who is a fan of the show might think it fun at the beginning of the show, but I personally think she might try and turn it into a chat session about herself and I don’t even want to think about what happens if the client somehow shows improvement and begins to lose weight.  It will probably be a some sort of combination of jealousy and speeches about how weight loss is not important.  IMO Whitney just can’t be happy for other people.”

I agree. She wouldn’t be supportive of a client that was striving. She would be competitive. I always think about the time she immediately had to embarrass Heather at Chase’s younger/thinner people party. Heather looked really pretty and because Whitney was feeling insecure, she loudly called out the fact that Heather was wearing support undergarments.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Now I can’t wait to see where they go with this story. 🤗

1) She'll get sick or injured or one of the cats will get sick or something,  and she'll have to postpone taking the exam. Nothing further will be heard of her ambitions to be a personal trainer for the rest of the season. (See, e.g. the dance battle re-match with  the Trophy Wives.) 

2) She'll claim she passed and is now certified, but for some reason she doesn't choose to start training right now. Sorry Will! (See, e.g. her placing second in a faux ballroom dance competition and then not doing anything further because Todd didn't enjoy competing.)

3) She'll claim she's certified and will start training under Jessica's supervision, because Will won't pretend she's qualified to teach by herself when she actually failed the exam.

4) She'll claim she's been certified by a different, unspecified certification body, rather than the NASM certification she was shown studying for. This will explain why she is never listed as a NASM certified trainer, and she will never tell which "certification" she has, or else she will print her own certification.

5) She will declare herself a "NoBS Active Certified Personal Trainer." Will refuses to "hire" her and she will start holding classes to train other obese women in her high quality personal training skills.

I'm sure there are many other possibilities. :-)

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

1) She'll get sick or injured or one of the cats will get sick or something,  and she'll have to postpone taking the exam. Nothing further will be heard of her ambitions to be a personal trainer for the rest of the season. (See, e.g. the dance battle re-match with  the Trophy Wives.) 

2) She'll claim she passed and is now certified, but for some reason she doesn't chose to start training right now. Sorry Will! (See, e.g. her placing ssecond in a faux ballroom dance competition and then not doing anything further because Todd didn't enjoy competing.)

3) She'll claim she's certified and will start training under Jessica's supervision, because Will won't pretend she's qualified to teach by herself when she actually failed the exam.

4) She'll claim she's been certified by a different, unspecified certification body, rather than the NASM certification she was shown studying for. This will explain why she is never listed as a NASM certified trainer, and she will never tell which "certification" she has, or else she will print her own certification.

5) She will declare herself a "NoBS Active Certified Personal Trainer." Will refuses to "hire" her and she will start holding classes to train other obese women in her high quality personal training skills.

I'm sure there are many other possibilities. :-)

TLC will make her a 'trainer' but hire a real one so she doesn't kill anybody,he or she will hide in the background as whitless 'works',but don't worry she will tire of this in two weeks and (1 quit) ( 2 get an 'injury' so she cant train anymore.I'm going with the second one. she is USELESS!

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure there's an online verification list for Certified Personal Trainers, so she can't really claim she passed without people being able to check. My guess is she drags out the process and/or takes one of those "pay a fee and take a basic quiz" health coach type licenses then processes to call herself a personal trainer anyway. Similar to how Ragen Chastain did.

• Useful 3
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can sort of see how morbidly obese people might feel more comfortable with Whit helping them get started with working out. I’ve seen shows with super morbidly obese people and someone like Whitney might he less intimidating for them. Plus, Whit sort of knows what they are going through to a certain extent.  But, I can’t imagine there would be many clients in that category.  It is a storyline and allows them to bring in Will and Jessica.  They seem to be in good shape and the attention on the show could bring in a few new clients. So, there’s that.  

I actually DO believe that Whit COULD be a draw for clients in Will's gym.   She has demonstrated real strength and determination when she's set her mind to it. (Her body-building skills have genuinely impressed me.)  If I were fighting both lethargy & resulting obesity, I think that Whitney's strength-building examples might well be a genuine incentive for me to train with her and achieve the goals she sets for herself -- and for her clients!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Yes, she could be like Rand Paul and start her own certification board.
And I'm curious as to why Chase shows up again, unless it's in his contract.

That is the only reason I can see that he would show up again!!

I’m guessing since Whitney says Chase wants to meet, it’s part of appearances he couldn’t make last time due to the whole girlfriend thing and also I assume he might tell Whitney he’s getting engaged so she can give her “blessing”.  in order to make sure he is not harassed and threatened on IG again.  This way it’s established Whitney doesn’t care and/or happy for him because she has moved on and besides she has Le Blur!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m guessing since Whitney says Chase wants to meet, it’s part of appearances he couldn’t make last time due to the whole girlfriend thing and also I assume he might tell Whitney he’s getting engaged so she can give her “blessing”.  in order to make sure he is not harassed and threatened on IG again.  This way it’s established Whitney doesn’t care and/or happy for him because she has moved on and besides she has Le Blur!

I agree. I absolutely believe Chase appearances are required by his contract. Since the original plan for last season probably had Whitney breaking up with him for whatever reason made Whitney look wise and strong, its possible they put the "closure" appearances for this season in there even before the girlfriend thing. Or, as you say, he could have to appear to fulfill some part of his previous contract he failed to fulfill. But there is no way he's doing this because he wants to or he has any great desire to see Whitney again.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree. I absolutely believe Chase appearances are required by his contract. Since the original plan for last season probably had Whitney breaking up with him for whatever reason made Whitney look wise and strong, its possible they put the "closure" appearances for this season in there even before the girlfriend thing. Or, as you say, he could have to appear to fulfill some part of his previous contract he failed to fulfill. But there is no way he's doing this because he wants to or he has any great desire to see Whitney again.

This for sure .No sane man wants to see whitless.Contracts rule this show.

• Love 1

Regular gym gal here, 3 to 4 workouts a week. Goal is to tone and overall health for me, but I do see trainers almost daily working with clients. No way in hell I'd want Whitney to train me. Every session would be all about her. And agree, no way she passes that very difficult certification test. It's all just a plot thread for this season. Next time (if there is a next season), she'll be on to something else and we will never hear about this again.

• Love 1

Re my comments on the certification: My comments come with the caveat that I took the exam almost 15 years ago. They may have changed the course,  or the exam,  or the examination process.  And gawd only knows what  Rona has done to the exam process.  I know that when I took it, you couldn't take ANYTHING into the exam room.  I even had to take my reading glasses out of the case and put them on my face.... they were that serious about cheating.  Exam was done on a computer terminal.  

• Useful 4