Type keyword(s) to search

S9E15: Agree to Disagree

druzy
  • Start Topic

Amber wants to pursue a college degree in Psychology. Mackenzie and Josh seek professional help for Broncs. Catelynn tries to understand Tyler’s ketamine treatment. Cheyenne is devastated when her sister decides to move to DC.

Airs September 21, 2021

• Useful 3

Hey, Maci?  I will personally volunteer to buy your gas (and send Taylor to get it due to your PTSD, oh my God) for a year if you take Bintley off of this show.  DM me for the details.  She is milking the hell out of that gas station incident.

Speaking of deals: Amber?  I will buy your next pair of ginormous glasses (even if they have prescription lenses) if you complete even one semester of college.

Cheyenne, if you actually get a storyline, we’ll work something out for you.

Tyler and Catelynn discussing his therapeutic ketamine treatment and “shadow side” while their toddler climbs all over them and their six-year-old sits next to them, drinking in every word, is just too much.  These folks desperately need jobs and goals and structure, if only to model functional adulthood for their poor children.  I bet Tyler and Catelynn would both feel at least a little bit better if they didn’t have endless amounts of time for navel-gazing and “processing.”

If hell has a waiting room, the voice on the sound system will be Mackenzie’s reading a transcript of this show.  The term “basic bitch” was coined specifically for this young lady.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I need Cheyenne and her family to fuck all the way off!

I read last night that Corey refuses to be vaccinated, and so can’t attend his reunion. And they have a immunocompromized child, right? And how many maskless parties did she have during the last year? With her friend’s daughter who has cancer (?) present. Truly deplorable people.

• Love 7

Loved this show years ago. Missed it when our cable system didn't offer MTV. Back again (thanks YouTube TV) but after tonight? I only recognize Ambie, Maci and Catelynn. Everyone has money and is in therapy. And Amber is going to my alma mater (not the brick and mortar campus, but still....). I'm out for good. Time to pull the plug on these people.

• Love 5

I just have to ask Maci a question:

What would you do if you didn’t have anyone to fill up your car for you?

I’m guessing that this issue would have been put to bed many, many fill-ups ago.  Those of us without MTV paychecks who have actual jobs don’t have such luxuries.  You want to see panic?  Talk to a single mom who has a job to report to tomorrow morning and doesn’t have money for gas.

Ugh, I loathe these people.  Any true struggle in their lives left the building long ago.  All we’re watching now are grown-ass rich people who either don’t work at all or endorse shit on social media.  The kids are the true victims here.  Many of them are preteens.  I would say one more time that the show needs to end, but I’m just screaming into the void at this point.  

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 19
23 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I think Amber going to your alma mater voids all past degrees given by the university. 🙄😀

Ha Mr. Miner. So true. Am guessing she is doing online which is Purdue Global. Not mocking online college,  it works for a lot of people. Just don't think Ambie has the work ethic to complete a degree. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Ha Mr. Miner. So true. Am guessing she is doing online which is Purdue Global. Not mocking online college,  it works for a lot of people. Just don't think Ambie has the work ethic to complete a degree. 

Absolutely not- and it could be argued that online degrees from accredited universities require an even stronger work ethic and major dedication, not to mention self-discipline.  It’s very easy to just blow off your assignments when you’re earning a degree from home and you don’t have to answer to anyone.  The least Amber can do is attend classes between therapy appointments from her nest on the couch while wrapped in four or five chenille throws.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 7

So nobody has to worry about Amber. She’s packing up her jailhouse GED and going over to Purdue Global to get her Doctorate in psychiatry !  Dream big Amber…dream big!

Maci has a new song to sing. PTSD.  So poor Bentley gets a break. 

Tyler is flying high on Kenatone. I just wish he’d use a bit of that energy and clean that murky, dirty pool!

MacKenzies Bronx is surely a handful for such a young age. Hopefully this doctor will help him. 

Cheyenne has become another couch potato along with her baby daddy. Doesn’t anybody work?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Absolutely not- and it could be argued that online degrees from accredited universities require an even stronger work ethic and major dedication, not to mention self-discipline.  It’s very easy to just blow off your assignments when you’re earning a degree from home and you don’t have to answer to anyone.  The least Amber can do is attend classes from her nest on the couch while wrapped in four or five chenille throws.

She’s signed up for two big classes. English and psychiatry.  

That’s a full load for Amber!

I’m pretty sure she’s about ready for another loser boyfriend!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

And Amber is going to my alma mater (not the brick and mortar campus, but still....). I'm out for good. Time to pull the plug on these people.

She's going to Purdue University Global, which is not the same as Purdue University, and not even the same as online courses at Purdue University.  I wrote about it in Amber's thread:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/7344-amber-a-rill-woman-goes-to-gel/?do=findComment&comment=6652136

It has an open admissions policy, which means if you meet the requirements (fluent in English and possess a high school diploma or GED), you get in.  Period.  There's no selection.  And if you get a degree, it won't be from Purdue University.  It will be from Purdue University Global, but that's nothing a little wite-out can't handle.

You can read a transcript of an interview with the chancellor of Purdue University Global here:

https://www.suu.edu/presidentspodcast/109/

It's super long and I stopped after I confirmed that they have an open admissions policy.  But that wasn't until after I had to read where he talked about synergies with the respected Purdue University buying the for-profit online-only Kaplan University and slapping the Purdue name on it.  Any time anybody says "synergy," it sets off my bullshit meter.

Anyway, notice that the letter she read from Purdue Global said, "Congratulations.  You've been enrolled in Purdue University Global."  Enrolled.  Not accepted.  And I do wonder if she knows the difference.  She held out her phone and crowed, "That says Purdue University."  Yes, it does, if you leave off the Global, which just happens to be what makes it not Purdue University. 

I mean, it's definitely confusing for most people, but most people aren't paying to attend one of the schools.  So either she doesn't know it's not Purdue University that she's going to be getting her degree from, or she's lying.  I'd almost feel sorry for her, except I hate her.

14 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

She’s signed up for two big classes. English and psychiatry.  

That’s a full load for Amber!

I was trying to compare tuition at Purdue and Purdue Global (and gave up), but on the Purdue Global tuition calculator, it said most fulltime students take two classes per term, and unless your program requires it, you have to get permission to take three classes.  They have start dates four weeks apart, so I think they don't operate on the semester or even quarter system most colleges do, and their classes last for four weeks instead of three months.

17 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Doctorate in psychiatry !

I noticed that, too.  Sigh.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

Cheyenne and her mom talk to Kyle like she's seventeen and wants to move in with her boyfriend and play house instead and drop out of high school. These women are in their MID to LATE twenties!  How is it any of their business that they get to weigh in and nix Kyle's decision to move and live with her boyfriend and son's father and live as a complete family unit? How is she being 'selfish' to want to have her own life that is not as a roommate and sidekick for her sister? How is it her responsibility to stay with Cheyenne (who is moving on with her own life and getting married and having a second child etc) because Cheyenne simply 'wants it that way'?  Cheyenne and her mom act like Kyle's son is somehow theirs too and Kyle has no right to take her son and move him.

I have an older sister who one Christmas was mad at me for something stupid (per usual) and informed me that I was not allowed to come to her home Christmas (whole family was going to be there) but my six year old son was required to be there because she liked him. She said she had a right to see him on Christmas so I was required to drive him to her house (an hour one way) on Christmas and drop him off and then go home and spend Christmas without him so she could have him that day. I told her that he had two parents and that he'd be spending Christmas with us that day and she had a tantrum. Seriously, she kept calling me all day at work and screaming at me that she had a right to my son on Christmas. It was so stupid and crazy that I didn't even get mad, I just responded in a calm and determined way and wouldn't allow the subject to be considered and she just went crazy.

That's what I thought of when I saw Cheyenne decide that her grown ass sister was 'selfish' to actually consider her own son hers and to have her own life with her own family. And her mom was just as stupid.  Kyle would do well to get away whether it works out with Mez or not. Cheyenne and her mom are ridiculous.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She's going to Purdue University Global, which is not the same as Purdue University, and not even the same as online courses at Purdue University.  I wrote about it in Amber's thread:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/7344-amber-a-rill-woman-goes-to-gel/?do=findComment&comment=6652136

It has an open admissions policy, which means if you meet the requirements (fluent in English and possess a high school diploma or GED), you get in.  Period.  There's no selection.  And if you get a degree, it won't be from Purdue University.  It will be from Purdue University Global, but that's nothing a little wite-out can't handle.

You can read a transcript of an interview with the chancellor of Purdue University Global here:

It's super long and I stopped after I confirmed that they have an open admissions policy.  But that wasn't until after I had to read where he talked about synergies with the respected Purdue University buying the for-profit online-only Kaplan University and slapping the Purdue name on it.  Any time anybody says "synergy," it sets off my bullshit meter.

Anyway, notice that the letter she read from Purdue Global said, "Congratulations.  You've been enrolled in Purdue University Global."  Enrolled.  Not accepted.  And I do wonder if she knows the difference.  She held out her phone and crowed, "That says Purdue University."  Yes, it does, if you leave off the Global, which just happens to be what makes it not Purdue University. 

I mean, it's definitely confusing for most people, but most people aren't paying to attend one of the schools.  So either she doesn't know it's not Purdue University that she's going to be getting her degree from, or she's lying.  I'd almost feel sorry for her, except I hate her.

I was trying to compare tuition at Purdue and Purdue Global (and gave up), but on the Purdue Global tuition calculator, it said most fulltime students take two classes per term, and unless your program requires it, you have to get permission to take three classes.  They have start dates four weeks apart, so I think they don't operate on the semester or even quarter system most colleges do, and their classes last for four weeks instead of three months.

Statistical Outlier, thank you for the information. I don't follow any of these people on social media,   and I know this all took place months ago. I wish Amber WOULD take get a degree. She needs something to work towards.

• Love 4

I've never seen two people spend as much time talking about therapy as Cate and Tyler. Now, it's ketamine treatment and shadow Tyler. If he wants to be a good father than stop talking about therapy and do an activity with the kids.

Amber really thinks she's going to get a doctorate. Sigh.

That's sad that Kristina lost both of her parents as a teenager. 

I really hope Mackenzie and Josh follow through with therapy for Broncs. What did she say he was calling his teachers? Butt crack hos? Kids say the damnedest things, but this had to come from Mackenzie and Josh. You know those kids have heard Mackenzie accusing Josh of cheating with some ho.

Cheyenne and her mom are awful. "What about me?" "You're selfish." 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

If Ambers mouth is movng...she's lying.  She knows it's a B.S. School but she's in!  Lol

I'm sure many will question and she'll cry.

Amber is a real piece of work!

• Love 4

What happens when Amber's laptop is all the way in the kitchen and she has a important test? Who retrieves the laptop for her? Who empties the bedpan I assume she had installed on her couch? How does she prevent bedsores? So many questions.

Can Maci be any more pathetic?  

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I saw a clip where Amber said something about not being able to complete school because she had a baby. Was she talking about high school?

Is that the lie she's peddling? I'm pretty sure Amber had effectively dropped out before she hooked up with Gary.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Evie said:

I've never seen two people spend as much time talking about therapy as Cate and Tyler. Now, it's ketamine treatment and shadow Tyler. If he wants to be a good father than stop talking about therapy and do an activity with the kids.

Amber really thinks she's going to get a doctorate. Sigh.

That's sad that Kristina lost both of her parents as a teenager. 

I really hope Mackenzie and Josh follow through with therapy for Broncs. What did she say he was calling his teachers? Butt crack hos? Kids say the damnedest things, but this had to come from Mackenzie and Josh. You know those kids have heard Mackenzie accusing Josh of cheating with some ho.

Cheyenne and her mom are awful. "What about me?" "You're selfish." 

Long time teacher here. If Broncs called his teacher that name, he heard it somewhere.... like at home. As a teacher, you call the parents on that. And gently work with the child to teach them it's not ok to call people unkind names.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I love how Tyler doesn't want to take "drugs" (I assume he means SSRIs?) but ketamine - is somehow NOT a drug??

This episode did my head in with all the talking in circles and failed therapy on display. It's not for me to judge whether a gas station shooting would give me PTSD and for how long, but her therapist seemed like the best, and yet Maci kinda needs it the least?! At least as evidenced in her daily life. Frustrating.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, 3outta5 said:

I love how Tyler doesn't want to take "drugs" (I assume he means SSRIs?) but ketamine - is somehow NOT a drug??

This episode did my head in with all the talking in circles and failed therapy on display. It's not for me to judge whether a gas station shooting would give me PTSD and for how long, but her therapist seemed like the best, and yet Maci kinda needs it the least?! At least as evidenced in her daily life. Frustrating.

Tyler doesn’t just want any drug (has he even tried SSRIs?), he just wants the cool ones! Because he is a special, special snowflake. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, 3outta5 said:

It's not for me to judge whether a gas station shooting would give me PTSD and for how long,

I was sitting in a deck chair by my friend's pool six Summers ago. A stray bullet entered the base of my left pinkie, ripped through three fingers and nicked my index finger. My wife was standing there seconds before and kids were running around playing. If that bullet would have been 12 inches to the left it would have went right through my heart. After a couple surgeries I still can't make a fist with my left hand. It could have been much worse and I am almost glad I took the bullet in my hand. Anyway that's my "I got shot" story. I can't say that I suffered any PTSD, but everyone is different and Maci always needs a storyline.   

I had a little PTSD. I had 3rd row tickets to a Phish concert a week later, that I was really worried about missing.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Long time teacher here. If Broncs called his teacher that name, he heard it somewhere.... like at home. As a teacher, you call the parents on that. And gently work with the child to teach them it's not ok to call people unkind names.

The school has called Mac every single day.  He's about to be expelled and he's only four! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Maci needs a story to keep the gravy train a rolling.  She has used Ryan so long that sometimes she herself needs a change.  She was marching around with P something or other and turning lights some color in the city.  Then she did the tshirt business that must have been a fail.  Now we have PTSD and nobody can really call her on that one because everybody reacts differently to trama.

At least poor Bently gets a break now and then.  I'm kind of surprised her husband, what's his name, sticks around but as long as the show keeps sending checks...he's in!

• Love 7

Amber's going to be really surprised when she goes for her "doctorate in psychiatry" and realizes that psychiatrists actually go to med school.  I'd love to see her MCAT scores!  As if she'd ever get that far.  We've never once seen Amber (or the rest of the "teen" moms, to be fair) in the presence of a book or even a magazine so imagining her plowing through a college textbook is pretty rich.

Cheyenne doesn't want Kyle to move across the country with her son because that would deprive Ryder of a 24/7 playmate and essentially mean that Cheyenne would have to play with her daughter instead of sitting on the couch complaining about every little thing.

Mac is embarrassed by the daily calls from the school.  Otherwise, little Broncs would be getting zero therapy and she would be continuing to giggle about him calling his teachers "butt crack hoes".

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Hey Mackenzie how about maybe giving your son a consequence. Make him apologize to his teacher, make him sit in timeout when he comes home, make him understand why that behavior isn't okay. I hate the tone of voice she uses when trying to discipline. She has no sense of authority when it comes to her kids. I worked in childcare for years and it drove me insane when parents didn't back me up when it came to issues with their children. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maci needs a story to keep the gravy train a rolling.  She has used Ryan so long that sometimes she herself needs a change.  She was marching around with P something or other and turning lights some color in the city.  Then she did the tshirt business that must have been a fail.  Now we have PTSD and nobody can really call her on that one because everybody reacts differently to trama.

At least poor Bently gets a break now and then.  I'm kind of surprised her husband, what's his name, sticks around but as long as the show keeps sending checks...he's in!

Hey - no one else is going to climb up on his cross!  He needs to do that every week.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ellenr33 said:

Hey Mackenzie how about maybe giving your son a consequence. Make him apologize to his teacher, make him sit in timeout when he comes home, make him understand why that behavior isn't okay. I hate the tone of voice she uses when trying to discipline. She has no sense of authority when it comes to her kids. I worked in childcare for years and it drove me insane when parents didn't back me up when it came to issues with their children. 

I cannot believe her and her "hey buuuudy, it's not niiiiice to hit people" bullshit.  She needs to say to him, with NO sweetness in her voice, "you do not ever hit another person, ever."  Who coddles a kid that is hitting people??

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Tyler and Catelynn discussing his therapeutic ketamine treatment and “shadow side” while their toddler climbs all over them and their six-year-old sits next to them, drinking in every word, is just too much.

This!

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I saw a clip where Amber said something about not being able to complete school because she had a baby. Was she talking about high school?

Yes, she had already dropped out when she got pregnant.  I am embarrassed that I remember Amber struggled to get her GED on Teen Mom with multiple tries but finally got it in the clink.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, 3outta5 said:

But didn't they both smoke pot for years and probably still do? 

And can someone please tell me about the gas station story. I know I read it but it's Maci and I don't give 2 shits about but would like to know why she claims PTSD. I normally ignore everything Maci related and maybe that's why I can't remember.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I cannot believe her and her "hey buuuudy, it's not niiiiice to hit people" bullshit.  She needs to say to him, with NO sweetness in her voice, "you do not ever hit another person, ever."  Who coddles a kid that is hitting people??

A parent who feels guilty for yanking her kids out of their home and extended family (not to mention their father) to pursue a good opportunity.   I agree she really isn't in much shape to help Broncs - I've always thought she seemed overwhelmed with so many kids and a sick mom and useless husband.  When she said her solution to the school calling was just to take him out of school I thought, "that kid is screwed."   I hope I'm wrong.  

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Hey, Maci?  I will personally volunteer to buy your gas (and send Taylor to get it due to your PTSD, oh my God) for a year if you take Bintley off of this show.  DM me for the details.  She is milking the hell out of that gas station incident.

Speaking of deals: Amber?  I will buy your next pair of ginormous glasses (even if they have prescription lenses) if you complete even one semester of college.

Cheyenne, if you actually get a storyline, we’ll work something out for you.

Tyler and Catelynn discussing his therapeutic ketamine treatment and “shadow side” while their toddler climbs all over them and their six-year-old sits next to them, drinking in every word, is just too much.  These folks desperately need jobs and goals and structure, if only to model functional adulthood for their poor children.  I bet Tyler and Catelynn would both feel at least a little bit better if they didn’t have endless amounts of time for navel-gazing and “processing.”

If hell has a waiting room, the voice on the sound system will be Mackenzie’s reading a transcript of this show.  The term “basic bitch” was coined specifically for this young lady.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!! And shame on the producers of this mess of a show for pandering to these women and their spouses. First off, it was my impression that Amber wasn't enrolled in undergraduate school as a freshman...rather some kind of certificate type program that only requires proof of graduation from high school or proof of a GED. She did not have to take the SATs for this. It sounds likes community college but it's en extension type of program. Secondly, for Amber to go strutting around saying she wants to get her Masters and then go on to a "doctorate" in psychiatry just shows how poorly she understands how "psychiatry" works. In order to practice psychiatry one needs to go to MEDICAL SCHOOL Amber...in order to go to medical school you need to get DEGREES from a bonafide four year college with a major in psychology and it wouldn't hurt to minor in some sciences since a bulk of psychiatric work deals with knowing something about medication and treating psychiatric illness with medication...thus the reason you would have to go to medical school and I highly doubt you would ever get into a medical school in this country...maybe  a medical school in the Caribbean or Central America, but not here. It just makes me crazy that these stupid producers just stand there cheering these ridiculous aspirations on and not saying anything realistic to them. 

You are so right about Catelynn and Tyler...Tyler is very manic. He needs to be on a mood stablizer and go to twice a month talk therapy...this Ketamine stuff sounds idiotic. Introducing another child into this was short sighted and selfish. They barely acknowledge Vaeda or Nova for that matter. The fact they have not ever worked or done one thing that "adult" except for procreating, is sad...for them and for their kids because basically they are still living like they are teenagers. 

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I read last night that Corey refuses to be vaccinated, and so can’t attend his reunion. And they have a immunocompromized child, right? And how many maskless parties did she have during the last year? With her friend’s daughter who has cancer (?) present. Truly deplorable people.

Corey should be fired from this show and The Challenge. How much of a dumbass is he? His child has a serious disease and he won't get vaccinated? He should not be taped anymore. 

As for Cheyenne and her mother...dear god...their entire outrage about her sister moving was about them! The mother even said "What about me?!" Cheyenne couldn't care less about her sister and her desire to live with her boyfriend and have their son be with him. They want to be a family and live together...but Cheyenne can't handle it because everyone has to pander to her. She is possibly the most self centered, self absorbed spoiled brat this show has ever seen. Her tantrums, her need to always be the center of attention, her disregard for anyone else's feelings or needs...it's all repulsive. What did she expect...her sister would always live with her acting as her free babysitter and assistant? Her sister did the right thing...she needs to get away from her family who clearly only care about what they need. Awful people...and Cheyenne quizzing her sister's boyfriend about the relationship and if he was going to marry her sister was just the icing on the cake...it's none of your business Cheyenne...what a nerve! Calling her sister "selfish" was just absurd and shameful. From what I've seen, her sister walks on eggshells around Cheyenne...and has put her personal life on hold to help Cheyenne with Ryder. She's definitely an Omega personality to Cheyenne's Alpha personality...bravo to her for stretching her wings and flying away.

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

A parent who feels guilty for yanking her kids out of their home and extended family (not to mention their father) to pursue a good opportunity.   I agree she really isn't in much shape to help Broncs - I've always thought she seemed overwhelmed with so many kids and a sick mom and useless husband.  When she said her solution to the school calling was just to take him out of school I thought, "that kid is screwed."   I hope I'm wrong.  

Right? Her parenting skills are terrible. And Josh...OMG... his response to his troubled child's behavior was "he'll grow out of it" like it's no big deal, was pathetic. He bit his teacher! That isn't a red flag??? These two are immature, poorly educated and need parenting classes. It's painful and frustrating to watch them. A little off topic...did anyone else notice how many silver fillings Broncs has? When he was sitting on  Mackenzie's lap and was laughing with his mouth wide open his mouth was full of silver fillings which indicates he obviously has had a slew of cavities and he's only four years old...Yikes!!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Amber's going to be really surprised when she goes for her "doctorate in psychiatry" and realizes that psychiatrists actually go to med school.  I'd love to see her MCAT scores!  As if she'd ever get that far.  We've never once seen Amber (or the rest of the "teen" moms, to be fair) in the presence of a book or even a magazine so imagining her plowing through a college textbook is pretty rich.

Cheyenne doesn't want Kyle to move across the country with her son because that would deprive Ryder of a 24/7 playmate and essentially mean that Cheyenne would have to play with her daughter instead of sitting on the couch complaining about every little thing.

Mac is embarrassed by the daily calls from the school.  Otherwise, little Broncs would be getting zero therapy and she would be continuing to giggle about him calling his teachers "butt crack hoes".

Yeah...that whole thing about Broncs calling his teachers and fellow students "butt crack hoes" and laughing about it was horrible. If my kids had ever done anything like that in elementary school I would have been mortified. Mackenzie is as dumb as a box of rocks. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

A little off topic...did anyone else notice how many silver fillings Broncs has? When he was sitting on  Mackenzie's lap and was laughing with his mouth wide open his mouth was full of silver fillings which indicates he obviously has had a slew of cavities and he's only four years old...Yikes!!!

I did.  That's often (but not always) due to constant bottles, often of juice, at night when the sugars sit on their baby teeth. 

I think Mackenzie's instinct to just leave Josh in her dust was the right one but seems like she's always had a lot of pressure from her family to make it work with Josh and she's not strong enough to stick to it.  That and being completely overwhelmed with so many kids (three? four? I don't even know).   Josh can be a father without trying to make him a husband but they don't seem to get that part.   He is a useless anchor around her life.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Statistical Outlier, thank you for the information. I don't follow any of these people on social media,   and I know this all took place months ago.

If you did follow her on social media, you'd think she'd been accepted to Purdue University.  The best way to get to the truth is to ignore social media entirely, except maybe as a starting point to find something to rebut.   😀

The only reason I watched this episode was to see, with my own eyes, how the "acceptance to Purdue University" was portrayed.  Some kind person posted some sort of social media post by Amber here (I don't ever look at any social media), and I was curious how it would be portrayed in a more fleshed out manner.  I couldn't care less about Maci, I'm only mildly interested in a father saying Broncs's behavior isn't unusual and he'll grow out of it, and I just want Tyler to shut up.  Cheyenne doesn't even register (so thank you to the people who summarized the issue with her sister--good heavens). 

One thing about it:  I never thought Amber's college plans would be the one thing that kept me interested in the show.

4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

If Ambers mouth is movng...she's lying.  She knows it's a B.S. School but she's in!  Lol

It's not really a B.S. school (if by that you mean bullshit, not bachelor of science).  People can get a real bachelor of science degree from that school.  My problem is that the school she's claiming she's in (Purdue) isn't the one she's actually in (Purdue Global).  And I just don't know if she realizes there's a difference.  Does she even know anyone who's been to college and might be aware there might BE a difference?  Who might think, "Hmm...I wonder why Purdue University has changed to having four-week terms instead of semesters or quarters"?  Other than the production toadies, of course.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

About Broncs's teeth--just do an internet search for Mackenzie Broncs teeth and behold the number of results.  I don't think she's ever explained what's up. 

I think she's not a great mother, but I don't think she's so extraordinarily bad that it's causing her kid's teeth to rot out of his mouth, especially since she has other kids who don't have that issue.  And he wasn't born healthy, so who knows.  Way way way back when, I had a friend who had what we called tetracycline teeth.  They were stained gray, not rotten, but it goes to show all sorts of things can affect teeth.

• Love 5

Illness can affect baby teeth if the illness is during a critical baby teeth period. That happened to my son because of a medical problem and hospitalization at ten to eleven months old - he had to have multiple cavities filled and his baby teeth sealed at two years old. I recall Mackenzie mentioning somewhere that Broncs had a medical situation when he was very small so I don't think assuming candy and bottles rotted his teeth is quite fair. It could easily be the medical problem.  Don't get me wrong, I think she is not the greatest mother but I don't think she rotted his teeth or anything.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The school has called Mac every single day.  He's about to be expelled and he's only four! 

Makes me sad. If he is a danger to himself, other kids or teachers, that's a possibility. Many public school systems have special ed classes for 4's with smaller teacher-child ratios and teachers/paras trained to deal with special needs kids. I've stopped watching, so I don't know much. Is he possibly Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? If he gets a Dr. diagnosis of something in the DSM ( Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), they can place him on an IEP and he cannot be expelled easily. Is he in private or public school? I may need to watch. Nope. Still giving up. But in general, he will prob still have problems at 5 and 6. So let's help him now.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Illness can affect baby teeth if the illness is during a critical baby teeth period.

Thanks for the additional information/explanation.  I did say that rotten baby teeth can be caused by sleeping with a bottle but not always.  I don't really see the state of Broncs baby teeth as an indictment of Mackenzie either - I mean he clearly did have the problem addressed. 

17 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

So let's help him now.

Well, if she follows through on just pulling him from school the odds of him getting that help early go way down. 

• Love 4

Cheyenne and her mother are awful people. Just awful. I’m beyond disgusted by their behavior in this episode. Run, Kyle. RUN!

The “Baaz grew up here!” dramatics made me laugh. He’s, what, 2? 3? He won’t even remember living there. Calm yourself, Chey 🙄

I hesitate to pass judgment on Maci for the PTSD. I’ve never been in a situation like the one she was in, so I’m willing to believe she’s being genuine. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Makes me sad. If he is a danger to himself, other kids or teachers, that's a possibility. Many public school systems have special ed classes for 4's with smaller teacher-child ratios and teachers/paras trained to deal with special needs kids. I've stopped watching, so I don't know much. Is he possibly Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? If he gets a Dr. diagnosis of something in the DSM ( Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), they can place him on an IEP and he cannot be expelled easily. Is he in private or public school? I may need to watch. Nope. Still giving up. But in general, he will prob still have problems at 5 and 6. So let's help him now.

I was thinking he might be on the Spectrum…I hope she gets him tested and gets therapy. He clearly has something going on. 

• Love 1

Oh, SNAP, Producers!!  OH, SNAP!!!   

Loved that Amber is going on and on about being a good influence on her kids by pursuing her education and then cut to Kristina, who had her own rough path and blames nothing on it, already into nursing school while doing Leah's hair and have a gentle conversation about how Leah can do these things too.  You know Amber would have just talked over Leah about how great she is and then include nothing about Leah's own future.

Hey, everyone!  Did you know that Boz is not allowed to live with his father because Cheyenne needs him to live with her?

Remember how they grilled Zach on getting back together with Cheyenne.  Man, she is such a huge brat and really gross idiot.  100% of the reason why Kyle wants to move is because Cheyenne just treats her like shit.  

My 12-year-old asked me why I watch these people just living their lives and I didn't have an answer.   I think I might end things after this season or even before that.  It truly is a waste of time.  I'm not even going to try and watch the spin-off series. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7