Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 9/24/2021 at 10:43 PM, amarante said:

I don't understand Brook's coyness regarding his sexual identity. 

Lord I hate to be associated with Rinna but just own it whatever that is. The only possible embarrassment would be if he were non-sexual 🤣 but he lives in New York and is involved in the fashion industry - frankly heterosexuality is probably more of a liability in terms of networking.

Lance Loud came out in 1973 when it was still a bit shocking - even in progressive circles. I had gay friends then who hadn't come out of the closet in college in that era and I was from New York City so Lance was being pretty brave.

being raised /around supper religious people might have something to do with it ... Religion can fuck a person up hardcore sometimes when they have to reconcile who they are with what they have been told their whole life 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Honestly, her TH of her demonstrating her robotic sex was beyond cringe worthy, really awful. One day her kids will we had to see that crap.

Fixed that for ya.

And if we hadn't been subjected to it, her children would not have the opportunity to see it -unless/until they find the secret stash of home videos.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

being raised /around supper religious people might have something to do with it ... Religion can fuck a person up hardcore sometimes when they have to reconcile who they are with what they have been told their whole life 

What religious people?

His family are secular Jews and to the extent they are religious at all, secular Judaism is extremely accepting of gays. To the extent they actually lived in Utah ever, they lived in Park City for a few years which is probably a liberal bastion in the same way that Austin is unlike much of Texas.

There is no comparison with someone who grew up attending one of the gay hating fundamentalist sects and who has viewed parents of other gay people or relatives who disowned their gay children.

• Love 5

On 9/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, FlyingEgret said:

I assume the purpose of Heather pointing out the verified green checkmark and Jen swearing she didn't retweet the posts is laying the groundwork to blame everything on one of her assistants. Ugh

I don't know how the followup to "somebody handles that for me" was not "so, are you going to fire them, then?" Because someone who hadn't actually hit the "like" button themselves and was shocked to see evidence that it was done on their account and didn't approve of it would instantly declare their intention to straighten the whole mess out on the record and make sure nobody DARE use the account that way ever again. They'd be tripping over themselves to say heads would roll over it.

Jennie's husband is way out of bounds with the "I want more kids" discussion on camera, unless it's something they both came up with for a storyline and they've already booked a surrogate or something. Not sure I'd do a storyline where I call my husband abusive, however. 

I wish Meredith would drop the "he's a child" defense because he IS an adult, and he IS actively participating in the show and offline show related media (in contrast to other kids/young adults who appear in scenes). HOWEVER, it would still be perfectly reasonable for her to tell Jen that it's inappropriate and cruel to target a young person about something so deeply personal, and sends a really ugly message to every OTHER person out there dealing with identity issues. He's not a child, but he IS very young and there's a vulnerability that should be respected when it comes to such seriously personal issues.  Her vulvar embarrassment is not equivalent - in that situation he responded to actual behavior on her part. 

I agree that there seems to be a falloff in quality from last year, and I think it's a combination of the usual sophomore season self consciousness/intentional manipulation of how they look/behave based on how the public reacted to however they were last season, and the show frontloading all the Jen Shah stuff to keep her front and center (especially if she disappears later).  I suspect they will rebound when we're watching their actual reactions to events unfolding. 

• Love 5

While I was fully aboard the “Brooks - yikes!” train last season, now I … kind of feel bad for him. Yes, he can be…a LOT. And, yes, he was being ridiculous about the alleged vagina sighting last season. And, sure, his debut “collection” was really just one track suit. But I teach students his age and while they are technically “adults” they’re still so young! It must suck to have so much vitriol directed at you on the internet, especially if you’re only 20. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 7
On 9/21/2021 at 5:11 AM, Chatty Cake said:

When Mary was sitting at that table waiting for another family member to verbally abuse, I thought Alice in Wonderland. So very ugly. Then they show the rest of the hideous place. Why does her son have a fridge in his room? Get off your lazy ass and  go to the kitchen! Church goers are giving this horrible woman money voluntarily?
I liked Jens nephew that called out the Shamazing closet and told her to give some of that crap to goodwill.
Whitney is trying to dial up her sexiness this season but she’s making me cringe. 
Jen Shah is making me defend Brooks and for that alone I can’t stand her,  Wasn’t the vagina comment  made two years ago?  I get why Meredith is mad and I would be pissed at Lisa for kissing the Shah ass. 
I don’t care for the new lady. She doesn’t add much. 
I don’t think Heather needs to make up with Shah but that ice place was so pretty. 

Loved the nephew's comments. Best part of the episode!

• Love 2