Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/20/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 20 – Former Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina guest co-hosts; Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (“BMF”)

Tuesday, Sept. 21 – Carly Fiorina guest co-hosts; Cynthia Erivo (Author, “Remember to Dream, Ebere”)

Wednesday, Sept. 22 – Dulé Hill (“The Wonder Years”)

Thursday, Sept. 23 – ABC News Correspondent and “Good Morning America” Co-anchor Eva Pilgrim (Author, “Walter Does His Best”)

Friday, Sept. 24 – To Be Announced

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, falltime said:

Monday, Sept. 20 – Former Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina guest co-hosts; Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson (“BMF”)

Tuesday, Sept. 21 – Carly Fiorina guest co-hosts; Cynthia Erivo (Author, “Remember to Dream, Ebere”)

Wednesday, Sept. 22 – Dulé Hill (“The Wonder Years”)

Thursday, Sept. 23 – ABC News Correspondent and “Good Morning America” Co-anchor Eva Pilgrim (Author, “Walter Does His Best”)

Friday, Sept. 24 – To Be Announced

I've been waiting for this.  LOL  I'm going Thursday.  Boooooo  :) 

• Love 2

Sorry if this has been asked prior.  How the hell can you say that something is something and its more than half over!  Yes I'm speaking of 'Natl Hispanic Month'  which started 9/1, and its now the 19th and they only acknowledged two days ago. Throughout the course of the day i found out it wasnt something TPTB cooked up.  They were saying it everywhere. Where were all the complaints?  Why didn't they say its Sept 17!. For crying out loud. And thats what really grinds my gears.  Thanks for letting me vent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Sorry if this has been asked prior.  How the hell can you say that something is something and its more than half over!  Yes I'm speaking of 'Natl Hispanic Month'  which started 9/1, and its now the 19th and they only acknowledged two days ago. Throughout the course of the day i found out it wasnt something TPTB cooked up.  They were saying it everywhere. Where were all the complaints?  Why didn't they say its Sept 17!. For crying out loud. And thats what really grinds my gears.  Thanks for letting me vent.

It’s actually September 15 to October 15 .

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

Not interested in Carly Fiorina either.  Seems like "former Presidential candidate" is a bit of an overstatement for a campaign that lasted from May until Feb and ended with something like 2% approval.  I would think her non-political achievements would have been a better description.  They are really pushing the political piece for these potential co-hosts and personally I'm not sure that's the correct way to go.  But that's just me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

HAH!! That's a two exclamation point response!  Heh you know the thought did cross my mind, as i was venting all that steam, that it was some such fucked up situation like that.  Which brings me to that date.  Who celebrates mid month like that?  Its not a bad idea but its weird.  Unless maybe it was to encompass a bunch of people that cross over the month. Alright i guess that's done.  For now.  lol

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

They are really pushing the political piece for these potential co-hosts and personally I'm not sure that's the correct way to go.  But that's just me.

It bothers me too.  It has escaped no one's notice that the guest co-hosts so far have been conservative (ex) politicians.  Give us a break ABC, could we possibly, going forward NOT have politics take centre stage?  Please???

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 14

I get that they want to have a conservative co host. But I at least hope they choose one that gels with the rest of the panel.  The two they have had on didn't have chemistry with the other women.  

And please have it be someone who can act like an adult and have calm rational discussions about things. Even things they disagree with the other women about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ForumLou said:
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

HAH!! That's a two exclamation point response!  Heh you know the thought did cross my mind, as i was venting all that steam, that it was some such fucked up situation like that.  Which brings me to that date.  Who celebrates mid month like that?  Its not a bad idea but its weird.  Unless maybe it was to encompass a bunch of people that cross over the month. Alright i guess that's done.  For now.  lol

Hispanic Heritage Month 2020 (census.gov)

The timing is key. Hispanic Heritage Month — like its shorter precursor — always starts on September 15, a historically significant day that marks the anniversary of independence of five Latin American countries: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. The designated period is also a nod to those from Mexico and Chile, which celebrate their independence on Sept. 16 and Sept. 18, respectively.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3

So far I’d say that, unless Carly is someone who hides far right thoughts until shes safely under contract, I actually think she could be ok.  She even did fine with ‘50 cent’ and stayed engaged during that segment.  Seemed to do ok with the group.  However, if they go with her or someone like her, they’d still need a younger voice as well (not a political younger voice though).

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Carly was a pleasant surprise.  I enjoyed her very much.  She's quite articulate and had a good sense of humor to boot.  She seemed to fit in well with the others. Definitely the best guest co-host they've had this season.

• Love 13

Me too about Carly. My brother worked for HP under her leadership and it was terrible, according to him.  But, I will put that aside and go by what I saw today.  She was not loud, had her opinions, wasn't abrasive.  No screeching, no talk about tribes, etc.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I bet VP Harris was waiting until She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was gone to come on The View. Can’t say I blame her.

I don't think VP Harris would give that idiot a single extra thought. It probably came down to scheduling.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

So far I’d say that, unless Carly is someone who hides far right thoughts until shes safely under contract, I actually think she could be ok.  She even did fine with ‘50 cent’ and stayed engaged during that segment.  Seemed to do ok with the group.  However, if they go with her or someone like her, they’d still need a younger voice as well (not a political younger voice though).

I think she's a traditional conservative so she likely isn't far right, but likely has some strong opinions on certain issues like taxes, immigration, or foreign policy that wouldn't be popular with some.   Since she's a woman of a certain age and a former CEO of HP, maybe she doesn't feel the need to base her entire persona on her political beliefs.   It was refreshing.  Although I have no clue why she would want this job.  

Not a 50 cent fan at all.  It was such a softball interview.   Wished they would have at least asked him a question about his disrespectful comments on Michael K. Williams death.   

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Wished they would have at least asked him a question about his disrespectful comments on Michael K. Williams death.   

He has done a load of disrespectful shit to a lot of people (including his older son) and it made me sick to see them fawn over him and invite him to co-host. Here is a list but the hasseling an autistic teen while filming it in an airport should be at the top of this list. https://www.xxlmag.com/50-cent-most-controversial-moments/

This is who The view thinks is a good, constant guest and potential co-host.

And furthermore, this Micheal K. Williams shit JUST HAPPENED. Fuck that guy and ABC and Disney and Mickey Mouse for having him on.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Was it terrible lighting, horrible make-up, or both, but I couldn't stop looking at what appeared to be a bruise on CF's left cheek.  Just me?

No. Me too. Seemed like bad makeup, bruise from a procedure. Not sure 

• Love 1

She “had the day off.” Odd since this is just week three?

Add me to those impressed with Carly the most out of the four. She fit in the best, was natural and likeable...and yet most likely has the least shot of this being offered the seat due to the current makeup of the panel.

I wonder if Kamala was supposed to be on last Friday, hence why they kept it a surprise Lisa was the flashback host. (Or that’s how they’ll do it going forward).

• Love 6
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't follow 50 closely, but it seems like I hear mixed things about him as a person. Some people really dislike him, but lots of people say he's actually a super nice man IRL. 

He is a colorist self-hating Black man who trashes Black women. He is a bully of the worst kind.  I cannot stand his ass and I refuse to watch the show today because of him.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8

Add me to the list of people who surprisingly enjoyed Carly Fiorino.  I think the reason she sounded rational is because she is comfortable in her beliefs. They are genuine.  She isn't trying to impress someone. She isn't trying to appeal to a base.  She just believes what she believes and doesn't find it necessary to defend them to the nth degree. With both Elisabeth Hasselbeck and she who shall not be named they were cheerleaders for their team.  Often times trying to defend the indefensible.  Carly doesn't need and I believe doesn't want to do that.  

Also add me to the list of people who find the View's being enamored of 50 Cent odd.  I understand he has a lot of fans but I doubt non View watchers would tune in just to see him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, geekburger said:

I wonder if Kamala was supposed to be on last Friday, hence why they kept it a surprise Lisa was the flashback host. (Or that’s how they’ll do it going forward).

No. Andrew Garfield was supposed to be the celebrity guest last Friday, because originally (if you look at last week's line up), Wendy Williams was supposed to be on Monday, but that was cancelled and Andrew was on Monday.

With the show celebrating 25 years, every Friday will have a previous host, and I suspect other than Star's early revelation the first week, each one will be a surprise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, geekburger said:

She “had the day off.” Odd since this is just week three?

Add me to those impressed with Carly the most out of the four. She fit in the best, was natural and likeable...and yet most likely has the least shot of this being offered the seat due to the current makeup of the panel.

Thanks. I’m watching as I’m packing for our trip and she’s out again with no explanation lol. I love joy. How dare she. :)

• Love 2

Hoo boy, Sherri talking about the split screen episode might be worth a listen. I didn’t know that was her audition.

Go figure. A mature discussion of abortion without anyone calling anyone else a murderer. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Where was Joy today?  I didn’t catch the way beginning of the show so I may have missed it. Is she out all week?  I’m going Thursday and I would be sad if she wasn’t there. 

Joy better not be out all week!  I've given them a break these past two days but I'm over her being gone. She makes this show.

Yay for you for getting to go to the show. Please report back all the details!

• Love 9

Really enjoying Carly Fiorina as a co-host, but can't judge if she is a good fit for the panel without Joy. 

I have always found Fiorina interesting, but lost so much respect for her when she teamed up with Ted Cruz during the waning days of the 2016 Republican nomination battle. She needs to stick to media, not politics. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I didn't watch the show closely these past two days with Joy absent aside from yesterday's opening segment and today's abortion ban discussion. I simply kept it on in the background. Mostly the show felt hollow and humorless. I'll be in the minority here in saying I don't particularly care for Carly Fiorina. Moreover, I don't think she'd be a good fit for this show for a lot of different reasons, her age for one (what with Joy and Whoopi already being pretty old). But what I most dislike about her so far is that the show clearly catered to her by having Joy off while she tried out to give her an easy go of it. If she can't handle Joy, then she can't be much of a good choice for this show, can she? And during the abortion discussion, the other ladies were clearly not allowed to "go there" and touch a particular story related to the subject that she is known for (one of the only things she is remembered for, imo). After the last co-host, we don't need someone else with a political history--whether it's their own or a relative's--with stipulations on what can be discussed and how the others can respond to them. It's not a fair discussion if one side has their hands tied behind their back. And especially since the discussion of abortion will be a much more regular thing on this show now because of recent events.

Also, something in particular she said rung false to me, when she said the issue of abortion has never been resolved... Hasn't it been resolved for the last sixty years (Roe v. Wade)? Only her party has made it an issue that suddenly needs "resolving" again.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 13