Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Episode 6

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

"institution full of sexual deviants" Well I'd take that as a compliment but didn't seem like principle Facist meant it as such.

Of course Eric would find gay people in Nigeria. Meanwhile I can't even clock a gay guy in germany, or they me.

Edited by Zonk
  • Love 3

Eric really disappointed me this episode, kissing someone else. NOT COOL dude, especially while your boyfriend back home is trying to figure out how to write a poem for you.

Liked the Adam/Rahim scenes. I wonder if the show is going to push that romantically this season or next especially if Adam finds out about Eric kissing some one else. Eric was kissing Adam behind Rahim's back and now he is kissing a stranger in Nigeria behind Adam's. This is starting to become a pattern and not just Eric really having feelings for Adam.

Hope is a real b*tch. Sorry but there are no other nicer words for her, actually just meaner ones. She is absolutely terrible and completely abusing her power. I feel like the show is trying to make us think someone else above her is pulling the strings to make her behave this way, but I really didn't understand that scene. So if that was what the show was trying to convey they did a poor job or I really didn't pay good attention.

• Love 1

Liked the Adam/Rahim scenes. I wonder if the show is going to push that romantically this season or next especially if Adam finds out about Eric kissing some one else.

I did too, but I hope that they don't get involved romantically - they both seem to have no real friends (although I do love that Ola seems to be trying with Adam) and I'd love them to be pals rather than romantic interests. (Though I get why the show - and kids IRL at small schools - would be like, "well, these are the only options, there are only three of us!")

• Love 2

Dang, does everyone cheat on their partner in this show?  Not saying that cheating doesn't happen, but we're batting a thousand here.  Given the cast if Eric-Adam are off, then Rahim will be paired with one of them again.

Well-played on that small moment of terror that Eric had been set up in Nigeria for something nefarious to happen to him.  I felt a sincere moment of dread there.

Getting real sick of Jakab's sh!t.  

Was the show strongly hinting that Hope was going to pay for Maeve to do the G&T program (at least until Hope got the bad news from the fertility clinic and realized she may need money for another round) or am I crazy?

Edited by Mr. R0b0t
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Roseanna said:

Everyone?

And how you define "cheating"?

Um...off the top of my head, an emotional/physical affair with someone outside of your relationship.  Is there some other definition I should be aware of?  After finishing S3 last night I recognized Ola and Aimes are both in faithful relationships with their partners.

9 hours ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

Um...off the top of my head, an emotional/physical affair with someone outside of your relationship.  Is there some other definition I should be aware of?

Thank you for your answer. I think each couple defines the conditions of their relationship themselves.

I don't think that a single, casual kiss can be called "an affair" and I just can't understand how much turmoil it causes. After all, what is important is how you reacts to that kiss and what consequences you make of it. It's possible that it helps you realize that your present relationship is right!

I agree that also emotional intimacy can be "cheating" and often more so than sex. But again, each couple defines the border between what is OK and what is not.

Regarding the show, I think that the far serious problem for characters is honesty to themselves and the others: f.ex. are you really happy in your relationship? are you in the relationship only because you are used to it and are afraid to be alone? is it better to have a relationship with somebody although you love somebody else?

• Love 1

I don't think that a single, casual kiss can be called "an affair" and I just can't understand how much turmoil it causes.

I think that's true for adults, which can be a little hard to keep sight of on this show, since these "teenagers" are mostly, you know, not teenagers IRL, but chronologically, when you're not far from the big drama of your FIRST kiss, then your partner kissing someone else could seem like a very big deal. 

I suspect this is the kind of thing that you would look back on, in your 20s/30s, or even when your own kids are teenagers and be like "well, that seemed like a really big deal at the time, but it turned out to be very very minor in the grand sweep of my life."

6 hours ago, Eeksquire said:

I think that's true for adults, which can be a little hard to keep sight of on this show, since these "teenagers" are mostly, you know, not teenagers IRL, but chronologically, when you're not far from the big drama of your FIRST kiss, then your partner kissing someone else could seem like a very big deal. 

I suspect this is the kind of thing that you would look back on, in your 20s/30s, or even when your own kids are teenagers and be like "well, that seemed like a really big deal at the time, but it turned out to be very very minor in the grand sweep of my life."

Yes, adults have (hopefully) a better understanding what matters in a relationship.

On the other hand, if one is an adult who has had a good relationship for years, one has (hopefully) a better ability from restrain from behaving in a way that would destroy that relationship than teens who are just learning life, sex and relationships.

In this show, there are case where ending the relationship has good reasons, but there are cases where the other party gives up too easily: "if I can't get from you all I want and straightaway, I don't any more want to be with you". That can't be called love.         

(edited)

Unpopular opinion - I’m sort of enjoying Hope. At least as compared to Cal the non-binary student who I find to be a total cliche and obnoxiously insufferable. Aside from Adam, Maeve and Otis, I don’t really like any of these little twats and I’m sort of enjoying watching Hope try to put them in their place (though I know the writers will eventually have the students prevail because they’re the “good guys”).

Edited by mbgriffith1