Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Love Shack

• Start Topic

Eh, this episode felt like a filler or an LGBTQ+ episode of Melrose Place. So much romantic drama! 🙄

I hope Sophie sticks with her choice and we're not subjected to a drawn out love triangle. Let Dani hook up with Gigi to get it out of her system and then move on. Even if Finlay bugs the CRAP out of me. 

Shane and Tess' chemistry is 🔥 IMHO. Cherie was bad news from the jump in the OG so I'm hoping that is the last we see of her. But I'm going to need some of these folks to stop playing musical beds and SETTLE on someone or just be single. 

I'm going to need more on what is going through Maribel's mind because that was the very definition of mixed messaging. 

The less said about the karaoke scenes, the better. 😖

• Like 1

Shane and Tess' chemistry is 🔥 IMHO. Cherie was bad news from the jump in the OG so I'm hoping that is the last we see of her.

I really like Shane and Tess together. They bring out the best in each other - though I generally think it's a bad idea for colleagues to date and even worse for bosses to date their employees.

No offense to Rosanna Arquette (and I didn't watch the original series) but I could not see a single thing in Cherie that would make her attractive to either Tess or Shane. It felt a little gimmicky - like she was a big name guest star the first time around and now here she is making her token appearance in the sequel.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

No offense to Rosanna Arquette (and I didn't watch the original series) but I could not see a single thing in Cherie that would make her attractive to either Tess or Shane. It felt a little gimmicky - like she was a big name guest star the first time around and now here she is making her token appearance in the sequel.

BINGO. And I won't go off on an OG tangent but the "reunion" had NO emotional resonance for me. I had forgotten her character even existed. I also find Rosie O'Donnell's casting to be terribly gimmicky but I'm sure I'll have more to say about that next week. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

Eh, this episode felt like a filler or an LGBTQ+ episode of Melrose Place. So much romantic drama! 🙄

I hope Sophie sticks with her choice and we're not subjected to a drawn out love triangle. Let Dani hook up with Gigi to get it out of her system and then move on. Even if Finlay bugs the CRAP out of me. 

Shane and Tess' chemistry is 🔥 IMHO. Cherie was bad news from the jump in the OG so I'm hoping that is the last we see of her. But I'm going to need some of these folks to stop playing musical beds and SETTLE on someone or just be single. 

I'm going to need more on what is going through Maribel's mind because that was the very definition of mixed messaging. 

The less said about the karaoke scenes, the better. 😖

All of this. It was essentially an exercise in "how can we do drama through misinterpretations of actions". Super high-school. "You talked to this person! I thought you liked me!" *sigh*. 

I think this show's writing is really focused around artificial situations and convenience. It's so over the top.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, hurrrz said:

I think this show's writing is really focused around artificial situations and convenience. It's so over the top.  

Yes! I feel like the writers wanted to develop an episode where the entire cast was essentially in one location for the whole thing and then thought, "And what should we do with them once they're there?" 🤷‍♀️

Every time one of the cast members makes reference to "17 years ago" I feel old as dirt. But I already sort of feel that way because everyone behaves like children. 

3 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

Yeah, I could not understand her point at all. Who tells somebody they can't have dinner for the foreseeable future because they'll be working alllll the time and then decides the other person was just experimenting with them? (Because she's a woman, notably, making a point of avoiding ableism.) 

There was a lot of drama, but this ep dragged for me. I thought Alice and her editor were cute. If I were in Sophie's position I'd be completely annoyed by Finley if she's going to go on benders because she's not getting exactly what she wants from the person whose wedding she ruined. She seems incapable of putting herself in perspective.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I did not understand that one bit.  Micah said they hadn't talked in five days (since their hook up?).  Did he try to contact her and she didn't reply in any way?  If so, why was she so rude to him when he came over and asked her to dinner?   If he hadn't tried contacting her, then why didn't he?  Why didn't she contact him?  She was so warm with him when she came over to his place, and seemed to totally get it that he has been into her for a while but didn't have the nerve to tell her.  Suddenly, she's acting like he used her. 

4 hours ago, hurrrz said:

I completely agree. 

• Love 3