Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E07: What If... Thor Were an Only Child?

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

He’s always appreciated Jane’s smarts. He was bragging about her accomplishments at the Ultron party.

I loved that bit. Tony and Thor bragging about their respective interests being awesome.

And I always got a kick out of the deleted scene in the gag reel of Thor going 'Pepper smells like porridge.' Because it's just stupid and silly.

• Love 2

That was a welcome breath of silliness after the last few episodes.  I enjoyed that.  I might have a few quibbles with it, but overall a lot of fun.  I honestly can’t take it too seriously when it has scenes like Surtur drunkenly flirting with Lady Liberty.  😂 And the names on the countries!!  

The Captain Marvel vs Thor brawl was hilarious.  As was everyone being scared of Frigga (rightfully). And I liked that Jane, even while getting starry-eyed over Thor, didn’t hesitate to call his mother on him.   Interesting ending….Vision/Ultron with the Infinity Stones?  Hmmm.

• Love 6

One thing I didn’t like was them talking about the destroyed planet as if it had happened weeks ago. I guess this is par for the course for the MCU writers generally not believing in/understanding the speed of light.

20 hours ago, arc said:

One thing I didn’t like was them talking about the destroyed planet as if it had happened weeks ago. I guess this is par for the course for the MCU writers generally not believing in/understanding the speed of light.

Or Jane is using something other than a traditional telescope.  Maybe some super-science thing Selveig cooked up.

Fun episode, but I doubt doucheThor is worthy enough to wield Mjolnir.

the episode should have probably been titled “What if… Mjolnir had low standards.” 

Edited by revbfc
  • LOL 2
On 9/22/2021 at 7:24 AM, tv echo said:

I did wonder if calling Captain Marvel a "party pooper" was some meta shade at Brie Larson's criticized portrayal of that character.

When Thor said that there’s a name for women like her here, it menaced everything from the usual misogynistic b___ or c___ to Loki’s famous “mewling quim” to Natasha. That he came out with “party pooper” was so much lighter/funnier and so Party!Thor. 

On 9/23/2021 at 5:07 PM, tennisgurl said:

Darcy (or should I say Mrs. the Duck) marrying Howard the Duck

Am I the only fan who has absolutely NO interest in Howard the Duck? I mean: zero, zip, nosiree, nada, niente, bubkes, zilch... you get the idea.

I just do not get the appeal. The one Marvel property I wish would be excised from the movie uni- or multi-verse. (Well, Howard and Emma Frost, really.)

• Love 3
On 10/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, Sandman said:

Am I the only fan who has absolutely NO interest in Howard the Duck? I mean: zero, zip, nosiree, nada, niente, bubkes, zilch... you get the idea.

I just do not get the appeal. The one Marvel property I wish would be excised from the movie uni- or multi-verse. (Well, Howard and Emma Frost, really.)

no, you aren't the only one.  I cannot stand the character and I too wish he had never been created.  (along with one or two others I won't name). Sorry its taken me so long to actually see your post @Sandman

• Love 2
On 9/22/2021 at 1:17 PM, AnimeMania said:

I was really interested to see if Captain Marvel would be able to get up after Thor put Mjolnir on her chest. Unfortunately I didn't find out the answer.

I wanted to see if she was worthy of lifting it.