Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E01: And The Empire Strikes Back/S23.E02: Never Turn Your Back On Them

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The case itself was predictable as expected and was really stuffed with too much stuff. The witnesses were being killed left and tight? The teenagers hiding at the drug dealers house and her father is abusive? The guy knocked her up when she was even younger? What is even happening? I also always laugh at how this show is so obvious when it wants us to dislike someone, like giving the guy a bunch of lines about how he wont be stopped by a "woman detective who makes her career attacking men" like they really want us to know this guy is the villain. Is him raping teenagers not enough to make us dislike him? We need to have him make sexist cracks to Benson?

It's always either sexist, racist and/or antisemetic. Remember fake Chris Brown yelling about 'his Jew', because we wouldn't hate him already for beating his girlfriend? Or that rapist Judge last year who was racist all around even calling Carisi slurs for Italians? Assaulting women just isn't enough for this show. 

OC did it last year with Wheatley's gangster father being a racist and Wheatley's bi-racial daughter is cool with the mob stuff, and stiffing POC in Harlem out of vaccines for rich white people to pay for, but the grandfather being racist was the line. 

It's all a gray area until... names are called.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, 853fisher said:
20 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I was trying to concentrate on who this new cop is and then he's hanging with chicks calling himself Q.  I guess he's meant to be Kat's replacement?

I've heard rumors to that effect but I'm not sure whether it's official.  I hope they add someone for sure, but I would find it a bit lazy if we met a second new detective in a row who started as a peripheral UC officer and just couldn't tear themselves away for the "elite squad."

From what I read, he starts out as a guest star then becomes a regular.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, dttruman said:

From what I read, he starts out as a guest star then becomes a regular.

When does he get unceremoniously dumped because they build up a Person of Color (he's Hispanic I believe) only to knock him down a la Garland (Black man) and Kat (Lebanese-American AND Bisexual Currently In A Lesbian Relationship)?  Velasco aka Q better not ask for a raise at anytime during his tenure at L&O:SVU because the Budget Cuts Fairy might wave her magic wand over his head.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

When does he get unceremoniously dumped because they build up a Person of Color (he's Hispanic I believe) only to knock him down a la Garland (Black man) and Kat (Lebanese-American AND Bisexual Currently In A Lesbian Relationship)?  Velasco aka Q better not ask for a raise at anytime during his tenure at L&O:SVU because the Budget Cuts Fairy might wave her magic wand over his head.

But if he does, as long as he doesn't kill a baby on his way out, he'll most likely get a better ending than the last Hispanic man they wrote out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I've been keeping up with this show by reading these thread since I quit watching a few years ago because I couldn't stand the Benson/Rollins drama hours. That disgusting back and forth that occurred between Benson and Lewis for so long was really the beginning of my losing interest in watching. It reminded me of what went on with a recurring character that made me watch CI less.

I've been watching the original recipe L&O marathons that air on various channels during the week. In doing so it's made me frustrated all over again that this show is the one that's outlasted all the others especially with the way the quality of storytelling on SVU had degraded so much. Going by the responses I've read it's gotten even worse this season. I commend you all for having the strength to still actually watch. I miss the way it was when it was truly an ensemble show. I was originally attracted to SVU when it started due to the subject matter and following Munch from Homicide: Life on the Street. Him leaving really left a hole that never got filled and made it feel like something was missing.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Velasco aka Q better not ask for a raise at anytime during his tenure at L&O:SVU because the Budget Cuts Fairy might wave her magic wand over his head.

If Octavio Pisano goes into their office as characters Velasco or Q to demand a raise, I hope there is a video of the negotiations.

• Love 1
On 9/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t even see much chemistry between Rollins/Carisi, they just happen to be a man and woman of around the same age who work together, and that means they have to sleep together according to the soap opera lovers and shippers. It’s beyond forced, and yes it’s just going to be used to drag Carisi down and probably eventually tarnish his reputation, we all know how much this show loves to trash ADA’s, because Rollins is a writers pet and this show is all about the super mommies Benson and Rollins. And now it looks like we will have a Benson/Stabler romance along with Rollins/Carisi. 

I have no interest in watching either couple, what made Olivia and Stabler great back in the day was the fact that they were very close like a married couple without the sexual intimacy. If the show goes this soap opera route then it will be so damn stupid..

Why would Carisi get with somebody like Rollins who is a hot mess. I think she would have been great with Amaro, he should have been the father of her first daughter.   Amaro/Rollins would have been a great dysfunctional twosome, 

On 9/28/2021 at 1:10 AM, Jaded said:

I've been keeping up with this show by reading these thread since I quit watching a few years ago because I couldn't stand the Benson/Rollins drama hours. That disgusting back and forth that occurred between Benson and Lewis for so long was really the beginning of my losing interest in watching. It reminded me of what went on with a recurring character that made me watch CI less.

That was pure hell, I never understood why Lewis was even obsessed with Benson.  It would have made sense if it was Rollins, since she was gunning for him since she arrested him and was sure that he was hiding something but everything has to be about Benson and her troubles, yuck!  The Lewis arch just ruined Benson's integrity as a police officer.  Stabler's absence from the show ruined her as well.  Don't get me started on her stupid son Noah..  The only time that I found Benson likable post Stabler is when she is with Brian Cassidy, she is not Super Olivia, she is just a woman in love..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 9/24/2021 at 1:34 AM, Xeliou66 said:

I’ll admit I laughed at how they mentioned the lawyer had dirt on an ex-president and his family without mentioning his name (we all know who he is).

I thought this was meant to be either Clinton or Trump (depending on which Party you support)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Wizardpatch said:
On 9/24/2021 at 1:34 AM, Xeliou66 said:

I’ll admit I laughed at how they mentioned the lawyer had dirt on an ex-president and his family without mentioning his name (we all know who he is).

I thought this was meant to be either Clinton or Trump (depending on which Party you support)

Usually the writers and producers are more blatant when they put together a political episode and the party in question is very obvious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2021 at 4:23 PM, Pearson80 said:

I have no interest in watching either couple, what made Olivia and Stabler great back in the day was the fact that they were very close like a married couple without the sexual intimacy. If the show goes this soap opera route then it will be so damn stupid..

Why would Carisi get with somebody like Rollins who is a hot mess. I think she would have been great with Amaro, he should have been the father of her first daughter.   Amaro/Rollins would have been a great dysfunctional twosome, 

That was pure hell, I never understood why Lewis was even obsessed with Benson.  It would have made sense if it was Rollins, since she was gunning for him since she arrested him and was sure that he was hiding something but everything has to be about Benson and her troubles, yuck!  The Lewis arch just ruined Benson's integrity as a police officer.  Stabler's absence from the show ruined her as well.  Don't get me started on her stupid son Noah..  The only time that I found Benson likable post Stabler is when she is with Brian Cassidy, she is not Super Olivia, she is just a woman in love..

What I never understood about the Lewis arc, was the notion that he couldn't be prosecuted for the he said/she said stuff with Benson. The dude was leaving a trail of bodies and near fatalities everywhere but it seemed to pose to legal jeopardy to him.

Finally getting around to watching the new season. I’ve been half interested in the show for a while. Can’t say I’m sad to see Kat leave, never warmed much to her character. Carisi and Rollins I’m still on the fence. She is a lot of a hot mess but they do have a long standing emotional friendship and that’s what good relationships can be born from. 

The whole powerful, political people being sex offenders and so powerful to cover it up is too close to reality for comfort. It’s not even just close to reality, it IS reality and makes this hard to watch because you’re frustred at the show for not being able to bring offenders to justice but with the added frustration that this is what is happening in real life. 

• Love 1
On 9/29/2021 at 4:23 PM, Pearson80 said:

Ref. Carisi with Rollins.  A lot of people like to rescue their messed up mate.  Most all of the women I know who have a lot of personal issues, always have a man trying to take care of their needs.  It’s odd.  It’s like it attracts guys.  I’d think it would be exhausting.  I’ve also often heard that men like that kind of thing.  I don’t get it.  I actually don’t find Rollins that problematic except for a couple of a couple of things.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe