Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06 A New Leash on Life

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

A business owner with a love of animals gives Marcus a new challenge. While her product is great, she lacks some of the business skills to bring it to the masses. Marcus will need to help her find the same passion for business  

Original air date 9/14/21

• Love 1

I wonder if we could ask MARCUS the cost of every little bit and bob in his various enterprises?  THAT'S why you have management!

Heather had a top employee running the "leash" side of the business; why wasn't Marcus on HER all the time?  AND...why was (at the end) a little spreadsheet complimented.   Ahhh...Marcus is a lot to put up with.  Why is his engaging producer--who had reins on him--leave?

• Love 2

I hated when everyone told the owner that K9 Lifeline sounded like a doggy resuscitation device, and she still didn't want to change the name.   The name at the end was brilliant.        The leash system works so well, but I wonder if dog owners that order it really put the work in the way they should?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2021 at 4:31 AM, Back Atcha said:

I wonder if we could ask MARCUS the cost of every little bit and bob in his various enterprises?  THAT'S why you have management!

Heather had a top employee running the "leash" side of the business; why wasn't Marcus on HER all the time?  AND...why was (at the end) a little spreadsheet complimented.   Ahhh...Marcus is a lot to put up with.  Why is his engaging producer--who had reins on him--leave?

I think it has more to do with the fact that she knew he was coming and that he would ask about her numbers. I've watched every episode multiple times, and he always asks the owner about their numbers. The fact that we're in season 8 and owners still act like they didn't expect it gets on my nerves. I would imagine it annoys him too.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that she knew he was coming and that he would ask about her numbers. I've watched every episode multiple times, and he always asks the owner about their numbers. The fact that we're in season 8 and owners still act like they didn't expect it gets on my nerves. I would imagine it annoys him too.

I agree. That said - it felt like she was a bit more into the boarding/training business, and not the leash one, so I could see not being fully into the numbers. Then again, be stumped once, but then know your stuff. Because this was not a good look, and it's such an unforced error on the owner's part. 

I also thought it was interesting that she struggled with a 50/50 split - keep your boarding/training business, it seems to do very well, and then take the leash stuff to the moon with Marcus. Win/win in my book. He knows what's good, and his interest ultimately is getting a return on his investment. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, hurrrz said:

I agree. That said - it felt like she was a bit more into the boarding/training business, and not the leash one, so I could see not being fully into the numbers. Then again, be stumped once, but then know your stuff. Because this was not a good look, and it's such an unforced error on the owner's part. 

I also thought it was interesting that she struggled with a 50/50 split - keep your boarding/training business, it seems to do very well, and then take the leash stuff to the moon with Marcus. Win/win in my book. He knows what's good, and his interest ultimately is getting a return on his investment. 

Exactly. As the show went on, she continued to not know her numbers. IMO, that's completely unacceptable. Especially when Marcus has told her he's going to come back and ask her about her numbers. 

• Love 2