Type keyword(s) to search

S7.E08: September 14, 2021

JenE4
  • Start Topic

After the cutting to Natasha crying during Wells’s speech, I was really waiting for him to say, “Jessenia, this is for you!”

Ivan and Kendall?!? Didn’t see that coming.

Tammy stuffing that birthday cupcake into her sad face has to be giffed! Fantastic! At least she didn’t get her birthday cake thrown into the fire.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

There have been a number of Blakes on this franchise, but I don’t remember this one. Then again he was on “Clare’s” season of the Bachelorette, and Clare’s season only lasted like 2.5 episodes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Paradise is definitely not very scenic for its name. False advertisement!

That being said, Blake is scenic enough. I’m not that into tats but his are very artistic. 

Edited by dizzyd

Hmm. I didn’t think Tia and Blake had a pre-existing relationship until she said she came here to meet him (who?!?!) and that she’s worried people will think they’ve known each other a long time because she feels like they have. Signal Captain Clout and the Cloutee Posse!

Kenny’s back in the Boom Boom Room. He’s like Grown-Ass Bukowski has made a comeback.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I didn't know Joe and Brendan were friends, and Natasha's dogging him.  I guess she's trying to get more followers.  Poor thing. 🙄

I'm tired of her and her high school girly self, and I wish she'd leave. 

2 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Joe was being a dick obsessing  bout Brendan. It had to be Brendan multiple times? Blah I’ve never understood his appeal.

I missed some of the conversation, but what did Joe say about Brendan when Natasha was finished dogging him? 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Tia's kinda trailer park trashy.  I don't need to hear about her vagina dance and ovulation.

I’m really curious what her Sunday school class is thinking!

Would anybody else be skeeved out going to the boom boom room with someone after they had gone with Demi or anyone else for that matter? Hell, I would be skeeved out setting foot in anything called the “boom boom room”. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don't care if people are tired of the storyline, Brendan is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch an asshole.  The way he spoke about Natasha was so disgusting I am continuously shocked and flabbergasted.

Why did it take this long for the show to bring Dr. Joe on?  I thought he was a fan favourite?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 22

Go home Kendall.  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  She's obviously there for IG followers.  Poor Ivan.

Kendall says "like" soooooooooooooooo much.

I think James needs therapy.  Superficially he seems like a catch but it's like he has absolutely no confidence in himself.  Is he even interested in any of these women?  This is just so the wrong place for him.

Is Dr. Joe just gonna peace out after giving Natasha that pity date?  This is so odd.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Bye bye Demi, don’t let the van door hit you on the way out! I fully admit to cackling like a hyena when she looked so increasingly pissed at not getting a rose, she still can’t contemplate a man not being into her. 

I think she’s more mad that the producers didn’t cater to her like the last time around.  She’s yesterday’s news for them. I honestly think she thought she was top bananas for them and they don’t care for anything but a storyline.

I really didn’t care that much about Brendan and Pieper being together before this episode but the way he snapped at Deandra and was so arrogantly dismissive to all the women makes me happy he’s losing clout.  He seems like a jerk. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh I definitely think it's a long con because just because they "broke up" that doesn't necessarily mean they didn't have contact with each other.  They might have been physically apart, but that doesn't mean they were emotionally apart so I just don't see the difference between their relationship and Brendan/Pieper or Chris and whatshername. 

Ah but you are forgetting the crucial thing in bachelor world: you must be “vunnerable.”  Of course, Kendall and Joe could still have “feelings” for each other.  But they COULD’NT MAKE IT WORK! 😭😭. By coming back, she could get hurt again. 🤯

But Pieps and Brendan came in figuring they wouldn’t play the game and would manipulate people for followers.  So they weren’t “vunnerable” and took advantage of the fact that Natasha was.  Chris and Alana wanted the followers but were simply inept about it do they didn’t get screen time.  

This show doesn’t need love so much as it needs vulnerability.  The only way to escape that is to assume the role of producer stand-in and become everyone’s wise friend.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

To me, I don’t care about the preexisting relationship. What upset me were the derogatory comments he made about Natasha and that wasn’t brought up at all. This wasn’t satisfying especially with Demi running her unwanted commentary. Ugh!

It wasn't brought up because they didn't know about them at the time, IIRC.

1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

And here I was impressed cute, calm Ivan was staying above the fray of all the drama. 

It has been a long time since I've cringed as hard as I cringed when Ivan tried to make out with Kendall when she was crying over Joe being with Serena. 

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't care if people are tired of the storyline, Brendan is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch an asshole.  The way he spoke about Natasha was so disgusting I am continuously shocked and flabbergasted.

Why did it take this long for the show to bring Dr. Joe on?  I thought he was a fan favourite?

Joe's an online fan favorite. He has a real job.  He's using his influence to spread good information.  He's good looking. 

But he was an earlyish boot during Clayshia's season and I don't think he got a ton of screen time so regular viewers might not remember him as well as online people do.  That's probably why he wasn't early on the beach.

53 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Argh!! How in the world did those two bro it up? 

They were both on Clayshia's season so that's probably where they bonded initially.  And because they've been friends for two years, I maybe kind of get why he was sort of hesitant to join the condemn Brenda train.  He wasn't there for the beginning.  And even most of the people on the beach who pushed the duo out didn't know the worst of it.

• Love 8

the show has always toyed with relationships.  people used to come hoping to meet certain partners, usually people they may have met, possibly fucked, but not in a relationship with.  So A would say, "I came here hoping to get with B"  and the producers would put B on Paradise, and wait until B was coupled up with C, then bring A on to break it up and spark some drama.  This was repeated multiple times.  the producers knew who wanted to meet whom, and the date cards, as well as the order that people came on the show, was all arranged for maximum heartache and drama. 

Then,  things backfired when one (forgettable) guy hooked up with half of the women before coming to paradise, but the producers were OK with it because it caused DRAMA.   He didn't come to paradise already in a relationship, just had history with a number of the women.  Then the producers allowed Demi who was in a relationship with a woman, to come on the show and date guys, only to then bring on her girlfriend - just so the show could have a  LESBIAN PROPOSAL!   trendsetting!  something nobody has done before!   The two girls were obviously  practically living together,, but the producers had to finagle it so it looked like they "fell in love" on the show.   Nobody believed it.  the producers wrote the storyline, the actors recited their lines, and everyone could see it was a farce. 

So now, couples who are already dating, in a relationship, hooking up, or whatever they want to call it -  try to do the same thing.   they both go on BiP,  "meet", fall in love on the beach -  get famous, followers, an engagement ring, a love story, etc.    Just like Demi did.   But with one huge difference - they didn't set it up with the producers ahead of time.   somebody pissed off the producers, who realized that having Paradise be all about people who were already dating would be BORING.  So they had a hand in punishing the offenders.  Yeah, I said it -  there's no way this wasn't all set up by producers, once they realized that some couples were trying to game the system

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Go home Kendall.  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  🙄  She's obviously there for IG followers.  Poor Ivan.

Kendall says "like" soooooooooooooooo much.

I think James needs therapy.  He seems superficially like a catch but it's as if he has absolutely no confidence in himself.  Is he even interested in any of these women?  This is just so the wrong place for him.

Is Dr. Joe just gonna peace out after giving Natasha that pity date?  This is so odd.

Why is James even still there??? Has he made any___ kind of the slightest love connection with any of the women? 

• Love 4

So many head scratchers.

Who is this Blake dude? 

Why are Joe and Serena the designated Greek chorus? 

Why was Tammy so butt hurt about some guy she met a week ago? I actually agree with Aaron - karma bit her in her aggressive arse.

Why is Tia still here and why do guys think she is so attractive?

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

I find Becca’s air of superiority extremely irritating.  She acts like such a Queen Bee.  Becca, you are not all that!

She was smirking when Tammy was crying on the beach.  Not a good look for her.  And her dorky shrugs when Thomas gave her a rose.  Ugh.

She has a radar for bad men and there is no way this ends well.  

And every time she touches a rose she has to make a joke about how she was the Bachelorette !  Ugh!  We GET IT!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13

Tammy's long curly fake eyelashes are awful, and always look like they are about to fall off.   Tia has exactly the same eyelash thing happening.   

I don't know who this Blake guy is, but he sure seemed to know Tia, and zeroed right in on her.   

Maurissa has two very different looks, plain jane Maurissa looks NOTHING like the over-made up, shiny Maurissa.  I think she needs to find some middle ground.  

I cannot imagine sucking whipped cream off a man's toes -  ESPECIALLY  if those toes have been walking around on sand.  

I do NOT want to hear Tia talk about her vagina dancing.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 23

I’m a Dr. Joe fan and I want him to “find love.” I don’t like that he’s bros with Brendan, but he may not have known the extent of Brendan’s plot. He certainly didn’t know how Brendan talked about Natasha, since it hadn’t aired yet.

Maybe Brendan has been pulling his good guy act on his friends, too. Joe doesn’t know Natasha and it was unfair that he was put in the middle like that.

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt unless I see otherwise. 

I hate how smug Becca is, as though she wasn’t dumped by her Bachelor and then her Bachelorette romance didn’t last. Thomas is going to be Thomas and she’ll eventually see she’s just very basic, and not some superstar.

• Love 15

This episode was really boring despite the drama. Everything that happened was predictable.

I *really* didn't need to see the whole whipped cream thing. I long for the days when the editors used to be coy and cut to visuals of bees pollinating flowers when things got steamy. Also, seeing multiple people use the "boom boom room" this episode made me wonder how often it gets cleaned and the sheets changed.

I find Li'l Jon and his screaming extremely irritating. David Spade was funny in the beginning, but the other "celebrity" hosts haven't added anything to my viewing experience. The show should just stick with Wells as the host.

• Love 18

Joe is falling for annoying little girl voiced Serena and her 100% basic personality?!  At least Kendall is original with her love of taxidermy and offbeat animal mating facts.  Too many sloppy hookups this week- they need a hazmat team on that Boom Boom Room!  I hope that the upcoming tropical storm scene next week blows off all of the sets of fake lashes.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4