Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: A Hard Day’s Night

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

She said she had deck stew expewience but it was weawwy just Costco pwattews

Cwaviar and cwackers.

(ETA: Blame this on Mr. Miner. He started it! 😄)

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why didn't Malia mention the burn list to Sandy?

This is my issue with Malia- going back to the Hannah incident - she is selective in what she thinks "has" to be reported to the captain. Granted, a burn list is not a matter of "maritime law!" but it's a pretty out there thing to have and it was clearly not a joke for Lexy. She truly hated everyone on her burn list and harbored some pretty angry thoughts about them. 

And relatedly - Captain Sandy going off on Malia for not telling her about David (?)'s injury - I'm kind of, oh so reluctantly, with the captain on this one.***  She did make a point of telling them at the beginning to report injuries to her. And besides the fact that David was limping and somewhat impaired by his injury, there are possible liability issues as well. No matter how drunk he was, there are always lawsuit possibilities when injury occurs. Malia makes such a big deal about her duties (which only bugs me because it's Malia, I'll admit), but then doesn't even mention that he'd fallen and injured his leg. His saying he was okay doesn't wash because he was still limping badly two days later.

****Caveat on Sandy's outburst is that I know she played it up in a major way for the drama and camera time.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 11

Yeah, I turned to my daughter and said: she's acting badly.

It should have been reported when it happened.  And someone who wasn't drunk should have made the decision of whether or not he should see a doctor.  Like Marten the hot engineer!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 9/15/2021 at 12:43 PM, Xebug67 said:

Matt also never got into it with EVERY other crew member.  C U Next Tuesday Y Lexi is the ONLY ONE he had a problem with, and surprise,

She's a mob mentality of one.

Mat disrespected everyone on that boat, with his fake injury.  Looks like he is back to flapping his jaw next week.  He is pos

One person can't be a Mob lol   however she acted, that is what happens when the clique gets together against one person. She had no one.

• Love 1

Lexi continues to blame everyone else for her firing, evidenced by the fact that she didn't even say goodbye to the crew.  Malia was the only one who went after her to help her with her suitcase.  The crazy thing is the crew, if anything, minimized the crazy that is Lexi when speaking to Captain Sandy (who now looks even more dense as she compliments and hugs Lexi as she fires her).  As Lexi is ignoring her coworkers and lugging her suitcase off the ship, I pictured all the new additions to her Burn Book.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 9/14/2021 at 6:22 AM, 65mickey said:

Mob mentality? Lexi should have been fired after that night in the hot tub, 

According to Malia's ideas. it happened off charter time when no guests were on board (just like  the fall) ....

15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Cwaviar and cwackers.

(ETA: Blame this on Mr. Miner. He started it! 😄)

Did Delaney ever explain her speech impediment ?

It may have been the result of a hearing issue, perhaps in her childhood, before the hearing was corrected.

I am reluctant to make fun of it. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Did Delaney ever explain her speech impediment ?

It may have been the result of a hearing issue, perhaps in her childhood, before the hearing was corrected.

I am reluctant to make fun of it. 

I get that.

Her "story" was that she had the issue, was brought out of class to work on it, and was given a cheerio every time she did it correctly. So she kept doing it wrong so that she could keep getting taken out of class to get cheerios. 

Sounded like in any case she didn't care too much to fix it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Lexi continues to blame everyone else for her firing, evidenced by the fact that she didn't even say goodbye to the crew.

I think Lexi is a horrible terrible not good person who deserved her firing.

That being said, I really don't think once she was fired because the crew (rightfully) hates her that she has some kind of duty to say goodbye to them.  Of all the shit I'd hold against Lexi, I don't think that was really any problem IMO. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

That being said, I really don't think once she was fired because the crew (rightfully) hates her that she has some kind of duty to say goodbye to them.  Of all the shit I'd hold against Lexi, I don't think that was really any problem IMO. 

I thought it was awful big of Malia to help her with her luggage, I don't think I would have.

• Love 8
On 9/18/2021 at 7:07 PM, howiveaddict said:

That's not Ma Kettle. That's the painting American Gothic.

I still say that Lexi got her wig from Drew on Real Housewives of Atlanta.  It was truly sad too.

I know the painting by Grant Wood is called "American Gothic".  I was just trying to make a bad joke about Lexi with the pot meeting kettle, so I called them "Ma and Pa Kettle" to try to make what I realize now was a lame joke.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to misinform.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Mat disrespected everyone on that boat, with his fake injury.  Looks like he is back to flapping his jaw next week.  He is pos

One person can't be a Mob lol   however she acted, that is what happens when the clique gets together against one person. She had no one.

Of course one person can't be a mob.  I said it for exaggerated effect to prove a point about awful Lexi.

Mat totally is a POS, but he's a POS that can be tolerated under the circumstances of being needed as a chef on a yacht booked full with clients during COVID times.  He's also controllable to a certain degree.  He's not a proven danger to anyone but himself thus far.  Of course his actions impacted his coworkers, and hence you're justifiably calling what he did disrespectful of them.

C U Next Tuesday Y Lexy on the other hand IS dangerous, volatile, and uncontrollable.  She's a raging reverse racist, classist, narcissistic, disrespectful, lazy, lying, mean, spiteful, vengeful, disgusting POS.  On those merits alone she deserves to have the entire world mob up against her, not just the rest of the crew.

Mat can flap his jaw away all he wants.  He's still nowhere near in the same category as that long overdue but finally now gone asshole, Lexi.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 7
On 9/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, mbaywife123 said:

Lexi came on this season trying to be the "Omarosa" of the boat except she took it WAY too far and went way to foul and low.

She should have studied her crib notes better.

That is exactly who she reminded me of but she took it to another level altogether. And Omerosa was not wearing a dead animal on her head.

2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, but it's Malia's redemption season, remember?  

Right! They are working overtime on this.

Sandy continues to be the absolute worst leader ever. Apparently she is trying to rehab her image by not hovering around every corner but how did she miss noticing David's injury for a few days? I do agree that maritime law expert and tattletale Malia should have reported it. She has had no problem with running to Sandy and sticking her nose in other areas that are not her concern. 

I also think that Katie is a good chief stew but is too soft and clearly can't handle any confrontational situations without crying or puking. I just wish that she was aware that Delaney was actually doing pretty much all of Lazy Lexi's work. Plus she seemed to get along with the rest of the crew.

• Love 6
On 9/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, TV Glotzer said:

It was stupefying to see Katie turn down free labor. Delaney was already basic-trained as a stew and could just do laundry and make beds for the next two charters.

Katie would actually rather do double shifts, and run herself and Courtney ragged—just because she is too scared to manage another person. For one week! 

She has no business being a chief stew. She’s a liability not a manager. 

Honest to god, that poor woman is just not equipped to handle the position.  Its such a disservice to Courtney and everyone else who has to pick up the slack.  I can't imagine Kate or Hannah doing the same.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, TV Glotzer said:

It was stupefying to see Katie turn down free labor. Delaney was already basic-trained as a stew and could just do laundry and make beds for the next two charters.

Katie would actually rather do double shifts, and run herself and Courtney ragged—just because she is too scared to manage another person. For one week! 

She has no business being a chief stew. She’s a liability not a manager. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

I know the painting by Grant Wood is called "American Gothic".  I was just trying to make a bad joke about Lexi with the pot meeting kettle, so I called them "Ma and Pa Kettle" to try to make what I realize now was a lame joke.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to misinform.

No worries. I'm just dim. And her wig is still awful.

• LOL 2
On 9/22/2021 at 3:46 PM, Xebug67 said:

Mat totally is a POS, but he's a POS that can be tolerated under the circumstances of being needed as a chef on a yacht booked full with clients during COVID times.  He's also controllable to a certain degree.  He's not a proven danger to anyone but himself thus far.  Of course his actions impacted his coworkers, and hence you're justifiably calling what he did disrespectful of them.

See for me at least Mat apologized for his actions and seems sincere when he does so.  To me he seems to show regret for his behavior.  Lexi never gave a sincere apology to anybody except for maybe Malia and she obvs doesn't seem regretful.  I guess it just depends on what you can tolerate.  Yeah Mat poked the bear with his comments but when people throw rocks she threw hand grenades!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

If it weren't so tragic, it would be funny to see how flipped out Captain Queeg got over Dave's injury versus her emotionless sacking of Lexi.  Queeg was actually surprised to learn someone she fired didn't want to talk to anyone right away.  Great people skills, Queeg!

Having said that, though, the whole "injury" fallout did seem particularly staged.  Queeg -- not a great Captain; worse actress.

And regarding Lexi -- you'd think someone who was so "rich" could afford a better wig.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/23/2021 at 4:51 PM, Dirtybubble said:

See for me at least Mat apologized for his actions and seems sincere when he does so.  To me he seems to show regret for his behavior.  Lexi never gave a sincere apology to anybody except for maybe Malia and she obvs doesn't seem regretful.  I guess it just depends on what you can tolerate.  Yeah Mat poked the bear with his comments but when people throw rocks she threw hand grenades!

I was always taught that an apology is MORE than just showing regret. It also means you'll try not to do it again. Seems like Mat is the type to behave in a way that needs to be apologised for over and over and over as long as he can until the people around him learn he's not really sorry. 

• Love 3
On 9/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, Xebug67 said:

Vexy Lexi is a verbally and physically abusive, racist, elitist, nasty, unpleasant, unfriendly, vile, disgusting, phony, disrespectful, incompetent, lazy, bullying C U Next Tuesday Y harpy.  Period.

She's a mob mentality of one.

And those are her good qualities😎

• LOL 2
  • Love 1