Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

S06.E13: A Hard Day’s Night

Recommended Posts

Quote

When the crew of Lady Michelle grapples with the fallout of Lexi and Chef Mathew’s fight, Captain Sandy steps in to figure out who stays and who goes. Mzi must face Courtney after his romantic gestures fall flat and Katie wrestles with the potential of another crew shakeup. Meanwhile, David’s injured leg gets Malia in hot water with Captain Sandy.

Bravo Airdate: 09/20/2021

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Share this post


Link to post

Hallelujah on The Bahamian Princess finally getting snagged for the nasty brat she truly is. Don’t let the door bump you in the booty on your way out.

It was good to finally see *perfect* Malia get her comeuppance regarding David’s bruise. She looked like a little schoolgirl with her hand caught in the cookie jar. Bad tactic to attempt to minimize her role as “she’s not a first officer” to Sandy. She is, after all,  the bosun and directly responsible for the deck crew.

If I were Katie, I’d run after Delaney to at least put her in laundry (as Courtney suggested). Big mistake to think she doesn’t need her. It may seem fine now, but two more charters is a lot of work. Won’t seem so easy soon.

Courtney deserves a second stripe…Katie wake up.

 

  • Like 20
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Those meetings in the salon, purely for show, the TV show that is.  So was this firing.

Lexi should have been fired after the hot tub incident.  Instead the producers let that cancer fester on board for however more charters, to milk the drama.  She got physical with a couple of other cast members that night and now Sandy gets that everyone else hates her?

Then she tells Lexi she's a "terrific" person and a "good" person, asks her for a hug after telling her she's fired.  Really?  Producers aren't worried about her looking ridiculous?

Then this whole dressing down of Malia.  Yeah Malia should have been more insistent, not just take David's word.  But it gave Sandy an excuse to stir up drama.  Sandy wants to talk about professionalism and doing things by the book.  Screaming obscenities at the bosun and in the presence of other crew is all about TV, nothing to do with how things are done on ships.

As for Mat, if he wasn't drunk when he said he would tell Sandy it's her or me, he should have stuck to his guns and said "I won't work with her any more" but for whatever reason he wants to stay on the boat.  And I don't recall if he used the word "ultimatum" but Lexi labeled it that way so he was screwed.

Two more charters he'd miss so that's at most $3000-4000 in tips which is a lot for a week of work.

Katie may regret not bringing Delaney back but if she had to supervise her while trying to do a lot of work herself, it would slow her down.

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Mzi needs to get his drinking in check. Watching him drunk is cringe-inducing. And yes him snapping at Lexi when she was actually complimenting Mat was unnecessary.


I think Sandy actually wanted to keep Lexi but the boat had spoken. Kudos to Malia for actually reporting Lexi in a way Katie never had. Finally. 
 

 To me, Lexi’s worst offense (and there are numerous) was not doing her job properly. Work ethic can’t be taught and for me, as a trainer, what matters most to me, beyond actual experience is a positive attitude and willingness to learn. She had none of those qualities. 


Matt is a creep but because he does his job well and keeps a clean kitchen, he was allowed to skate on multiple occasions.  

I hope Lexi learns from this-You can’t be bad at your job AND have a bad attitude. 
 

 

 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I think Lexi was doing her job when the season first started, but as time went on, she lost interest. She was odd man out and the others had their little clique going. The only one  really nice to her was Delaney. Lexi is no innocent,  but neither are the rest and she no way deserved everyone going at her like mob rule.  When Mat would take jabs and insult her and she fought back (way too hard) she then got attacked by the rest of them.  It annoyed me that they let Mat get away with the fake injury and leaving.  He even bullied Katie into getting rid of her and Delaney. Wrong or right, Katie should have led her crew, told Mat to shush and show respect to her girls,  and handled Lexi herself.

All the men are wusses on the crew. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, crimson23 said:

I think Lexi was doing her job when the season first started, but as time went on, she lost interest. She was odd man out and the others had their little clique going. The only one  really nice to her was Delaney. Lexi is no innocent,  but neither are the rest and she no way deserved everyone going at her like mob rule.  When Mat would take jabs and insult her and she fought back (way too hard) she then got attacked by the rest of them.  It annoyed me that they let Mat get away with the fake injury and leaving.  He even bullied Katie into getting rid of her and Delaney. Wrong or right, Katie should have led her crew, told Mat to shush and show respect to her girls,  and handled Lexi herself.

All the men are wusses on the crew. 

And that’s exactly where she went wrong. She can’t just stop caring about the work she committed to doing because she made herself a pariah due to her own actions. By the end, She was actually hurting the whole team’s earnings. They had to work around her and bring on someone to pick up the slack. And then we see her doing even less work than before! 
 

On the other hand, Matt apologized and took accountability and from there continued to kill it in the kitchen.
Thus, increasing everyone’s pockets. 

People may forgive a drunken night at a  party if you are at least a team player the rest of the year. 

 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

 

People may forgive a drunken night at a  party if you are at least a team player the rest of the year. 

 

I agree with you overall,  I am just saying I can understand it.  the mob mentality was out of control.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So happy to see Lexi finally let go.  Her nasty streak runs deep, and it looks like she has many new names for her burn list.  Mat has had his issues, but he's bringing it in the food department.  A good chef is needed, a lazy stew not so much.  And she wasn't just ugly to Mat, this goes back to it seems the restaurant, where there was some confusion over how much Lexi owed.   Then Satan came out later that night, because God forbid you confuse Lexi in any way not not be shamed for it.  The way she was talking to her mom about how she could make Mat cry and her mom tells her you're better than this, you are a preacher's daughter.  She's all dad's DEAD mom, who cares.  Yeah, she sounds really broken up over his passing....   

End of the day, Mat has not physically assaulted anyone, and while he pokes at her, he doesn't go as low as she does. She is the type who goes for the jugular, hoping to see you curled up in a ball crying. 

Malia should have told Captain Sandy of David's injury, it was not just a little bruise.  Amazing how Malia is, as usual, picking and choosing which rules she wants to enforce. She runs to tattle on other departments, but sweeps her crap under the rug.  Or tries to. 

I'm wondering if Katy will regret her decision to not have DeLaney come back.  Now her and Courtney have to fix drinks, serve food, and take care of laundry and guest cabins alone? That's a lot to take on.  

Mzi was so trashed last episode, he seemed full of regrets this episode. That level of drunk did not look good on him.... and they were still pumping shots into him!!  He's a very sweet person, just needs to lay off the alcohol. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Mob mentality? Lexi should have been fired after that night in the hot tub, rubbing her boobs in Lloyd's face and calling him a sexist and derogatory name, trying to slap Mzi and  screaming in Malia's face and having no respect for her immediate supervisor. And she got away with this by claiming not to remember what she did.   While Matt also has a nsaty way about him I don't remember him assaulting anyone  and he does his job charter after charter turning out great food that the quests seem to love. Sandy know that she can't replace him at this point in the season. 

Salty?  that's a little mild...He lied about his knee, quit twice and the rest of the time tried to dictate what Katie did.

You missed my point. I never condoned anything that Lexi did, just saying most of the rest of them were pretty horrible too and are getting a free pass.  

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ihartcoffee said:

I'm wondering if Katy will regret her decision to not have DeLaney come back.  Now her and Courtney have to fix drinks, serve food, and take care of laundry and guest cabins alone? That's a lot to take on.  

 

I totally do not understand this decision.  Have her do laundry and be on back-up for other time consuming tasks such as unpacking/repacking guests luggage, washing dishes, etc.  It's not as if she is incompetent and burned the clothes while ironing and lost everyone's undies!  She seems to get along with everyone on the boat, and jumps into whatever task she is assigned.  I find it very odd.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Maccagirl said:

I totally do not understand this decision.  Have her do laundry and be on back-up for other time consuming tasks such as unpacking/repacking guests luggage, washing dishes, etc.  It's not as if she is incompetent and burned the clothes while ironing and lost everyone's undies!  She seems to get along with everyone on the boat, and jumps into whatever task she is assigned.  I find it very odd.

Self preservation on Katie's part.  She's over dealing with anyone who can't just do their job it seems. We'll see if it bites her in the bootie. Although the previews make it look like it's the deck crew messing up in the future.  Hope that's okay to say.... those previews can be unreliable anyway. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, aghst said:

Then she tells Lexi she's a "terrific" person and a "good" person, asks her for a hug after telling her she's fired.

This is something that literally happened to me, and I doubt I'm the only one.  People are ridiculous everywhere, not just BRAVO.  It's actually the reality part of reality TV, I guess.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

So...I watch all the variations of BD. I am a HUGE Kate fan. She didn't take shit, she did her job well. Do I think I would like hanging out with her IRL...no. Her snarky snooty persona would grate on me IRL. BUT....loved it on BD and girl could do her job well. No seeing her cry to captain Lee. 

Hannah dialed it in. The one chief stew (Jenna?) who was banging the crazy chef...she also sucked at her job. The new girl who replaced Kate was okay. Daisy is my second fave after Kate. And Bugsy isn't bad either. 

So I waited to see how this one, Katie, did. And she is also awful. She is more 2nd stew material. The crying and allowing Lexi to walk over her and not do her job. Instead she picked up Lexi's slack. And she always makes the wrong decision. And takes a million years to decide. She should not have brought on a 4th stew...she should have insisted on replacing Lexi. If Yawn refused, then say no thanks to the 4th. But once she did bring on the 4th and Lexi got fired...then bring back the 4th. She has no confidence. She sucks as chief stew. I wonder if much of the stammering and wishy washy bit is because she was terrified of Lexi using racism or something.

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 15
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Katie is probably the hardest working chief stew but that's on her. She seemed incapable of managing Lexi and if Malia had not given Sandy the straight story on Lexi's behavior Sandy would not have fired her. None of the Below Deck shows has brought on a 4th stew because of one of the original stews would not pull their weight. That was a mistake because it gave Lexi the idea that she could slack off and get away with not doing her job. Then Katie fires Delaney and they are right back to square 1.  Then Sandy fires Lexi and there are only two of them left to do all of the interior work for the rest of the season.  Not a smart move.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/13/2021 at 6:34 AM, aqusdealer said:

Hallelujah on The Bahamian Princess finally getting snagged for the nasty brat she truly is. Don’t let the door bump you in the booty on your way out.

It was good to finally see *perfect* Malia get her comeuppance regarding David’s bruise. She looked like a little schoolgirl with her hand caught in the cookie jar. Bad tactic to attempt to minimize her role as “she’s not a first officer” to Sandy. She is, after all,  the bosun and directly responsible for the deck crew.

If I were Katie, I’d run after Delaney to at least put her in laundry (as Courtney suggested). Big mistake to think she doesn’t need her. It may seem fine now, but two more charters is a lot of work. Won’t seem so easy soon.

Courtney deserves a second stripe…Katie wake up.

 

I was absolutely crazed with how much vexy Lexi's insanely awful abusive behavior and comments were minimized by everyone who spoke to Captain Asshat about what went down.  She literally started up with all of her nasty antics on day one of this season and never ever let up.  If it were me who was reporting on what happened, I'd have brought along a list of every person that vexy Lexi verbally as well as physically assaulted, along with an itemized list of every horrendous thing that she said, and how NOT sorry she ever was for all of it.  She was, in fact, PROUD and JUSTIFIED in all of her abuses.

Vexy Lexi is a person that needs to locked away from society forever, because she truly is the world's worst human (Matt was NOT wrong when he said that).  Was Matt poking the bear?  Definitely.  Do I blame him for doing so?  Not one bit.  It's just too bad that what he was poking her with was verbal insults instead of a red hot poker.

I was so pissed off when Captain Asshat was complimenting vexy Lexi and saying how she was a good person, and how hard of a decision it was to let her go.  I really felt like I was living in bizarro world.  But then I had to recognize that Captain Asshat was still in the dark about how utterly awful a human being vexy Lexi actually is because all she's thus far seen is ass-kissing vexy Lexi.  Plus, she's only been provided with  commentary that was very minimized concerning all of her abuses, so at that time she didn't know the half of it.

I really hope that beyotch will show up to the reunion, and further hope she will be called out on everything she did/said, but I'm not holding my breath given that idiot asshole Andy Cohen runs the reunion shows, given how he never properly delved into all the shite that the bru cru did/said during their season.  I also hope that Captain Asshat is made to give her current opinion of vexy Lexi now that she's finally seen all of her awful antics in hindsight.

Meanwhile, the best captain ever, Captain Lee, "the stud of the sea"😍 would never have put up with such a disrespectful and disruptive person as vexy Lexi for one minute more than it took for him to be told about what happened on their nights out and how much she embarrassed the boat at the restaurants and sightseeing places they were at.  Remember his motto, "Don't embarrass yourself.  Don't embarrass the boat."

It was also galling how much this C U Next Tuesday was lying to her "friend" on the phone about everything that went on, as well as her repeated, exaggerated lies to her own mother.  I wonder if she actually even has any friends in real life, and if she does, are they aware of what an awful person she is, Miss "That's why I only want to have rich friends."  Who the eff talks like that? 

And did anyone else notice her lame, probably fake, Louis Vuitton face mask when she was off the boat?

Every time that Elmer Fudd was shown during her packing and preparing to leave the yacht, at any moment I was expecting it to be said to her to not go too far because they might need her back.  I can't believe that Katie would rather move forward with one stew down than to have her back on at least laundry duty as you mentioned.  The first big mistake pertaining to bringing Elmer Fudd on was that it was in addition to the existing three stews, when instead it should have been to replace useless, vexy Lexi.

Now that that ho bag is gone, how are they going to possibly get through two additional charters one stew down?  I always marvel that three stews are sufficient to do everything pertaining to the interior.  With only the two of them, no one will ever get a break, let alone enough rest time to function at their best so as to properly wait on and attend to all the guests' needs.  It's one thing for Katie to say that she can do it because she rarely if ever takes a break anyway, but that's not fair to put on Courtney as well, that she shouldn't get her deserved (and I believe legally required) breaks.  I would totally rather function one stew down than have to work with vexy Lexi for another moment, but in this case it's a matter of vexy Lexi is gone plus there is a third human body with willing hands and heart to assist in any capacity, and to turn down that extra assistance is utter stupidity IMO.  WTF did they all commend how much of an asset Elmer Fudd was to the boat and then prefer to let her go rather than retain her in the interior?

Stupid decisions like this are where I find Katie to be a terrible chief stew.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/13/2021 at 7:25 PM, crimson23 said:

I think Lexi was doing her job when the season first started, but as time went on, she lost interest. She was odd man out and the others had their little clique going. The only one  really nice to her was Delaney. Lexi is no innocent,  but neither are the rest and she no way deserved everyone going at her like mob rule.  When Mat would take jabs and insult her and she fought back (way too hard) she then got attacked by the rest of them.  It annoyed me that they let Mat get away with the fake injury and leaving.  He even bullied Katie into getting rid of her and Delaney. Wrong or right, Katie should have led her crew, told Mat to shush and show respect to her girls,  and handled Lexi herself.

All the men are wusses on the crew. 

That beyotch vexy Lexi might have done her job for a couple of seconds very early on, but forever after was nothing but a deadbeat slouch who constantly complained about how much better she was than the job she's supposed to be doing, as well as feeling she was superior to all of the other cast members.  And everyone was nice to her at the very beginning, before "Satan Lexi" revealed her own true colors.  If she was odd man out it was because SHE made it that way because she thought she was too good for everyone else in the crew.  Prime example was the times she preferred to stay in the transport van rather than mix and mingle with everyone else.  This C U Next Tuesday totally deserved to have everyone take a go at her, because she took a nasty go at every single other cast member, and at some of them repeatedly. 

To my best recollection, no one let Matt get away with letting them down.  It was totally brought to his attention, and he acknowledged it.  The biggest difference between Matt and Lexi is that when Matt apologizes, he does so sincerely and earnestly, whereas vexy Lexi never truly apologizes.  The odd, rare time the words "I'm sorry" may have been uttered by her, her smug ass always followed it up with a "but".

Matt didn't bully Katie into getting rid of Elmer Fudd.  He badgered and harangued her to do so, but Katie did ultimately make that decision on her own.

Katie's shortcoming is that she's too nice and wants to be liked more than respected.  She allows herself to be a pushover and a door mat for people like vexy Lexi who don't appreciate what a good chief stew she otherwise is and could learn a great deal from.

Lexi IS the worst human.  100% agree with Matt about that.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, 65mickey said:

Mob mentality? Lexi should have been fired after that night in the hot tub, rubbing her boobs in Lloyd's face and calling him a sexist and derogatory name, trying to slap Mzi and  screaming in Malia's face and having no respect for her immediate supervisor. And she got away with this by claiming not to remember what she did.   While Matt also has a nasty way about him I don't remember him assaulting anyone  and he does his job charter after charter turning out great food that the quests seem to love. Sandy know that she can't replace him at this point in the season. 

Matt also never got into it with EVERY other crew member.  C U Next Tuesday Y Lexi is the ONLY ONE he had a problem with, and surprise, surprise, surprise where vexy Lexi's concerned, she CREATED a problem with EVERY other crew member.

And why has no one brought up how she racially insultingly called Mzi "Afrikaans"?

Vexy Lexi is a verbally and physically abusive, racist, elitist, nasty, unpleasant, unfriendly, vile, disgusting, phony, disrespectful, incompetent, lazy, bullying C U Next Tuesday Y harpy.  Period.

She's a mob mentality of one.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2021 at 5:43 AM, ihartcoffee said:

So happy to see Lexi finally let go.  Her nasty streak runs deep, and it looks like she has many new names for her burn list.  Mat has had his issues, but he's bringing it in the food department.  A good chef is needed, a lazy stew not so much.  And she wasn't just ugly to Mat, this goes back to it seems the restaurant, where there was some confusion over how much Lexi owed.   Then Satan came out later that night, because God forbid you confuse Lexi in any way not not be shamed for it.  The way she was talking to her mom about how she could make Mat cry and her mom tells her you're better than this, you are a preacher's daughter.  She's all dad's DEAD mom, who cares.  Yeah, she sounds really broken up over his passing....   

End of the day, Mat has not physically assaulted anyone, and while he pokes at her, he doesn't go as low as she does. She is the type who goes for the jugular, hoping to see you curled up in a ball crying. 

Malia should have told Captain Sandy of David's injury, it was not just a little bruise.  Amazing how Malia is, as usual, picking and choosing which rules she wants to enforce. She runs to tattle on other departments, but sweeps her crap under the rug.  Or tries to. 

I'm wondering if Katy will regret her decision to not have DeLaney come back.  Now her and Courtney have to fix drinks, serve food, and take care of laundry and guest cabins alone? That's a lot to take on.  

Mzi was so trashed last episode, he seemed full of regrets this episode. That level of drunk did not look good on him.... and they were still pumping shots into him!!  He's a very sweet person, just needs to lay off the alcohol. 

The way that C U Next Tuesday Y Lexi was speaking to her mother about her father was blood curdlingly creepy.  This beyotch is soulless.  Every single one of these other castmates had best sleep with one eye open from now on, because for sure they're all on that burn list of hers (Captain Asshat probably is as well).  It's a shame that Malaria didn't think to take a photo of that list the same way she thought to go through all of Hanna's personal belongings and photograph those, just in case anything really does start happening to any of the people who were already on the list.  There would then be proof of C U Next Tuesday Y Lexi's premeditated intent to do harm to those people.  And I don't put it past her to actually do harm to others.  Really, who in their right mind, and at C U Next Tuesday Y's age carries a list like that around with her everywhere she goes?  I answered my own question there.  NO ONE in their right mind, which describes C U Next Tuesday Y to a T.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think Lexi has a personality disorder. Who does she get aong with? I guess she feels like she is so far superior to everyone that she is entitled to sit around and not pull her weight on the job. When she get called on her attitude and behavior  she explodes. People like that are miserable thoughout their entire life because they have a me against everyone else outlook on life. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

I think Lexi has a personality disorder. Who does she get aong with? I guess she feels like she is so far superior to everyone that she is entitled to sit around and not pull her weight on the job. When she get called on her attitude and behavior  she explodes. People like that are miserable thoughout their entire life because they have a me against everyone else outlook on life. 

I agree. There is just something fundamentally wrong with her. Now, Mat is a dick and an agitator and has his own issues, but he backs down and apologizes. Lexi truly never thinks she does anything wrong. She's a sociopath. She walked off that both firmly believing she was the victim. 

I just hate Sandy more and more with every passing episode. From what she's seen Lexi is a wonderful person?? Then she hasn't seen shit, obviously. And the way she was screaming at Malia made her look like a lunatic. Now, granted, after Malia's part in what happened to Hannah it was schadenfreude to see her get the other end of the stick for a change. But it just shows how Sandy can turn on a dime. Malia was her pet all last season and one little infraction like failing to report an injury turns her into a raging maniac. It's like she's got multiple personality disorder or something.

If Bravo decides to do another season of this show I hope we've seen the last of Sandy, and of Malia too.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Lexi is broken. I agree, it’s probably a personality disorder. Either way, she’s toxic and antisocial in the true sense of the word. It’s unlikely she will ever change. 

Mat is a familiar type to me, although I can’t exactly place who he reminds me of. A little weird, inappropriate, and too sensitive (nothing against sensitive men — but anyone who is too touchy is a pain to deal with), but also has a sense of humor and is legitimately good at what he was hired for. He shouldn’t have poked that Bahamian crab, but he didn’t say the kinds of things Lexi said. 

The thing I can’t stand about people like Lexi AND Delaney is how they fool or manipulate so many people. Captain Wrong Priorities thinks Lexi is a swell gal. Top notch. Heart of gold on that one. What’s that Malia? She called someone the “r” word repeatedly? Well, in my day that was the clinical term, and she was accepted to nursing school, after all. Probably just doing some pro bono work!

Obviously, Lexi is on another level of vile, but Delaney got away with some major bullshit and I suspect it’s a talent she’s deployed to get lots of things since the original Cheewios Capew — vawedictowian, Bewkewey, a role on Bwavo where she’s utterly unqualified to fold a towel, but would argue with Chief Justice Warren himself about how she knows better. Her unique brand of sexy/stupid obstinance really works. I’d try it out but I’d be disgusted with myself.

Delaney is a certified thirst trap with a weird face and an arguably good body that’s just a leeeeetle bit proportioned like a gummi hot girl who got left in the car on a hot girl summer day. Attenuated, is what I’m saying. The girl is tall but the ass is ADA accessible — not only could you bounce a quarter on it, you could also comfortably write a check from a seated position. The cheese on a pizza commercial. Stretch Armstrong, more like Stretch Assstrong, IYKWIM.

She lied. On her resume. And then lied about the lies. This needs to be mentioned more. No awards for not totally fucking up a job you claimed you knew how to do. Not on my ship. I’m Captain Cavanaugh and we’re leaving the liars and psychos back at Split. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Lexi is broken. I agree, it’s probably a personality disorder. Either way, she’s toxic and antisocial in the true sense of the word. It’s unlikely she will ever change. 

Mat is a familiar type to me, although I can’t exactly place who he reminds me of. A little weird, inappropriate, and too sensitive (nothing against sensitive men — but anyone who is too touchy is a pain to deal with), but also has a sense of humor and is legitimately good at what he was hired for. He shouldn’t have poked that Bahamian crab, but he didn’t say the kinds of things Lexi said. 

The thing I can’t stand about people like Lexi AND Delaney is how they fool or manipulate so many people. Captain Wrong Priorities thinks Lexi is a swell gal. Top notch. Heart of gold on that one. What’s that Malia? She called someone the “r” word repeatedly? Well, in my day that was the clinical term, and she was accepted to nursing school, after all. Probably just doing some pro bono work!

Obviously, Lexi is on another level of vile, but Delaney got away with some major bullshit and I suspect it’s a talent she’s deployed to get lots of things since the original Cheewios Capew — vawedictowian, Bewkewey, a role on Bwavo where she’s utterly unqualified to fold a towel, but would argue with Chief Justice Warren himself about how she knows better. Her unique brand of sexy/stupid obstinance really works. I’d try it out but I’d be disgusted with myself.

Delaney is a certified thirst trap with a weird face and an arguably good body that’s just a leeeeetle bit proportioned like a gummi hot girl who got left in the car on a hot girl summer day. Attenuated, is what I’m saying. The girl is tall but the ass is ADA accessible — not only could you bounce a quarter on it, you could also comfortably write a check from a seated position. The cheese on a pizza commercial. Stretch Armstrong, more like Stretch Assstrong, IYKWIM.

She lied. On her resume. And then lied about the lies. This needs to be mentioned more. No awards for not totally fucking up a job you claimed you knew how to do. Not on my ship. I’m Captain Cavanaugh and we’re leaving the liars and psychos back at Split. 

JocelynCavanaugh, this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read.  Tou·ché!

All season long I was trying to remember from where Lexi's awful wig seemed so familiar to me, and I finally got it:  Lexi's an African-American version of Ma Kettle.  Pot meet kettle.

Lexi bad wig.jpg

Ma and Pa Kettle.jpg

  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

It was stupefying to see Katie turn down free labor. Delaney was already basic-trained as a stew and could just do laundry and make beds for the next two charters.

Katie would actually rather do double shifts, and run herself and Courtney ragged—just because she is too scared to manage another person. For one week! 

She has no business being a chief stew. She’s a liability not a manager. 

Edited by TV Glotzer
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

It was stupefying to see Katie turn down free labor. Delaney was already basic-trained as a stew and could just do laundry and make beds for the next two charters.

Katie would actually rather do double shifts, and run herself and Courtney ragged—just because she is too scared to manage another person. For one week! 

This is where I totally agree, she has no place being a Chief Stew. I don't care how good she is with the guests or other parts of being a stew. The biggest responsibility of Chief Stew is managing the stews and she is an utter failure at it. Kate and Hannah weren't always successful at it (because this show loves hiring incompetents and malcontents for drama) but they at least tried and didn't take anyone's bullshit or try to placate them. Katie practically cries whenever she has to address an issue with Lexi or with Sandy.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had to pause in the beginning with Mzi going off about Lexi with the money stuff.  “You’re so poor!  Your poorness makes me angry!”  I was laughing so hard.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, Xebug67 said:

JocelynCavanaugh, this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read.  Tou·ché!

All season long I was trying to remember from where Lexi's awful wig seemed so familiar to me, and I finally got it:  Lexi's an African-American version of Ma Kettle.  Pot meet kettle.

Lexi bad wig.jpg

Ma and Pa Kettle.jpg

That's not Ma Kettle. That's the painting American Gothic.

I still say that Lexi got her wig from Drew on Real Housewives of Atlanta.  It was truly sad too.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

At long last, Lexi is fired.  Of course, she should have been fired after assaulting Lloyd in the hot tub and being disrespectful and insubordinate to Katie and Malia -- and most certainly after putting her hands on Mzi.  

I think Mat is a vile person when he's drinking, he most definitely is a shit stirrer but he does his job without complaints and he doesn't put hands on people, so therein lies the difference.

Katie's decision to not bring Delaney back will certainly not be a good one.  While it's okay for her to say she's fine without breaks and working even harder, she should have talked to Courtney about it before nixing Delaney with Captain Sandy.  Courtney may not be okay with forgoing breaks and working harder.  And yes, one fewer stew means a larger tip, it means a larger tip for everyone, not just the two people whose workload increased.  I don't think Katie realized that Delaney was pretty much doing all the work as far as laundry and cabins while Lexi stood by and complained and snacked.   

Malia can make excuses all she wants but she's in charge of the deck crew and so if David is injured, it's on her that she didn't report it to Captain Sandy.  I have a sneaking suspicion that if everything with Lexi had not gone down at the same time, Sandy wouldn't have been so harsh on her pet but Malia had it coming.  

All these people drink like they're in the green room of the Jerry Springer Show but if they didn't, I guess they wouldn't bring the drama.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, iMonrey said:

I agree. There is just something fundamentally wrong with her. Now, Mat is a dick and an agitator and has his own issues, but he backs down and apologizes. 

In a way that's WORSE than Lexi IMO. With her you 100% know what you're getting. With Mat he likes to play coy, being a complete asshole over and over and over again but then pretend to be sorry about it. And who knows, maybe he is sorry. But I was always taught an apology means you'll never do that again, or at least try hard not to. 

Share this post


Link to post

Lexi came on this season trying to be the "Omarosa" of the boat except she took it WAY too far and went way to foul and low.

She should have studied her crib notes better.

 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Sandy is acting like a lunatic and an idiot.  The lack of reporting deserved a serious reprimand, not a screaming curse-out.  

I know people hate Malia for weird-ass reasons, but losing her would be a liability to the show and the boat.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2021 at 5:27 PM, Xebug67 said:

Delaney is a certified thirst trap with a weird face and an arguably good body that’s just a leeeeetle bit proportioned like a gummi hot girl who got left in the car on a hot girl summer day.

😂😂😂 Yeah, her face does look like it's melting. I was thinking this girl needs to start standing on her head a few minutes every day so her face shifts upward.

 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/13/2021 at 6:44 PM, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Mzi needs to get his drinking in check. Watching him drunk is cringe-inducing. And yes him snapping at Lexi when she was actually complimenting Mat was unnecessary.


I think Sandy actually wanted to keep Lexi but the boat had spoken. Kudos to Malia for actually reporting Lexi in a way Katie never had. Finally. 
 

 To me, Lexi’s worst offense (and there are numerous) was not doing her job properly. Work ethic can’t be taught and for me, as a trainer, what matters most to me, beyond actual experience is a positive attitude and willingness to learn. She had none of those qualities. 


Matt is a creep but because he does his job well and keeps a clean kitchen, he was allowed to skate on multiple occasions.  

I hope Lexi learns from this-You can’t be bad at your job AND have a bad attitude. 
 

 

 

I think Sandy is creepier than Matt and as far as chefs go, he can be creepy and offensive but he has great qualities too, better than most chefs.  I doubt Lexi learned anything, she’s a narcissist….and working on a boat requires teamwork and she doesn’t work well with others.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Lexi came on this season trying to be the "Omarosa" of the boat except she took it WAY too far and went way to foul and low.

She should have studied her crib notes better.

 

She really missed the boat haha

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

Why did it take 2 days for Sandy to notice that one of her crew was limping? With all her creeping around and video surveillance she should have known by the next morning...

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Lassus said:

I know everyone hates Malia for weird-ass reasons, but losing her would be a liability to the show and the boat.

I think Malia is a good bosun. One of the weird-ass reasons is for her part in Hannah getting fired. Hannah sucked as chief stew, she could have been fired two or three times before last year. I loathed Hannah and I don't like Captain Yawn, but it's not because she fired Hannah.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, Xebug67 said:

Miss "That's why I only want to have rich friends."  Who the eff talks like that? 

Someone with very low self esteem and not much interaction with rich people.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I've had it with Katie's decision making.  It's awkward and not confident.  None of it has made sense all season.  Why WHY would it be harder to have Delaney there?  She can do laundry and clean bathrooms.  

Maybe I'm just a bitter person but I don't know why Lexi gets any grace displayed on her behalf.  Why hugs goodbye?   I would stop talking to her and avoid her after the first night.  

Courtney is my favorite of all time in the history of any Below Deck.  And Mzi with his Lexi impressions are everything.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Katie is the the problem.  She is not a chief stew and is utterly incompetent at her job.  She should have fired Lexi the very first night when she verbally assaulted Lloyd and physically assaulted Mzi.  She should have kept Delaney if only for another pair if hands.  Katie’s judgment is appalling.  She has no leadership skills and let Captain Sandy fire Lexi when she should have done it.  She can’t make a decision without agonizing over it for days.  She whines about ‘all the stress’ yet she has brought it on herself.  She endangered the crew by not firing Lexi and her personal dislike of Delaney imperiled the crew yet again by leaving them short handed..  She is a second stew and has no business in the job she has now.  Katie’s desire ‘to be liked’ disqualifies her from ever holding a position of responsibility and her abysmal judgments are frightening.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On WWHL Katie said the show made it seem like switching cabins was her primary reason for letting Delaney go, but that in reality her bigger beef was the fact that Delaney had lied on her resume about her stew experience and as a result came in on a bad foot right from the start. That said, I agree with most here that it seems like it should have been an obvious choice to bring her back and let her do laundry and cabins as third stew with a good attitude, but I guess Katie just couldn't get past that bad first impression.

Lexi is damaged.  There has to be a lot of pain and anger inside a person to behave like she does.  Her drunken rampage laser focus on tearing others down for being poor and ranting about wealth reminds me of someone who grew up very ashamed of not having money.  In addition to her many other issues of course.  I hope she gets some good therapy instead of just a sugar daddy.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, TexasGal said:

I had to pause in the beginning with Mzi going off about Lexi with the money stuff.  “You’re so poor!  Your poorness makes me angry!”  I was laughing so hard.

Best rant ever!  I died laughing

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Earl Is Dead said:

Lexi is damaged.  There has to be a lot of pain and anger inside a person to behave like she does.  Her drunken rampage laser focus on tearing others down for being poor and ranting about wealth reminds me of someone who grew up very ashamed of not having money.  In addition to her many other issues of course.  I hope she gets some good therapy instead of just a sugar daddy.

Well said and very thoughtful, Earl.

There is something very wrong with that girl. Alot of anger, thus pain. Sociopathic. I'd sleep with one eye open around her. I do hope she gets the therapy she needs.

Sandy's way overdue firing of Lexi, then saying she was "wonderful and terrific" is absolutely mind blowing. I think Sandy will be challenged on this at the reunion.   

Anybody care to make predictions on the reunion and Lexi showing up?

I say, the BDM reunion will be remote, not in person with everyone there. Too much production costs to fly everyone in from around the world. Even though they've done that in year's past with BD reunions, its a new world. Really only the Housewives' shows are getting fancy produced reunions, but that is because they can fly Andy to the group/city/location. It's cheaper. 

Now back to Lexi and the reunion: I say she'll get her own special 10 minute segment where she gets a couple of questions from Andy, then gets to rant about how it was all everyone's else's fault and how great her life is now. But she wont sit thru the entire reunion.

And she'll be in an evening gown (all pageanty !) with lots of cleavage and name drop and  talk pricetags of everything she has now.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, Xebug67 said:

Matt also never got into it with EVERY other crew member.  C U Next Tuesday Y Lexi is the ONLY ONE he had a problem with, and surprise, surprise, surprise where vexy Lexi's concerned, she CREATED a problem with EVERY other crew member.

And why has no one brought up how she racially insultingly called Mzi "Afrikaans"?

Vexy Lexi is a verbally and physically abusive, racist, elitist, nasty, unpleasant, unfriendly, vile, disgusting, phony, disrespectful, incompetent, lazy, bullying C U Next Tuesday Y harpy.  Period.

She's a mob mentality of one.

I'm sorry, but y'all know why EXACTLY nobody confronted Lexi they way they would have any one else on that boat.  You just never know which way that breaks and NOBODY wants to lose their job over that bitch.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size