Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PrincessPurrsALot

S09.E05: Retreat Yourself

Recommended Posts

On 9/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, kicotan said:

I want a nickel from her for every time she says “like” so I can buy something incredibly expensive.  However, if she starts doing the vocal fry thing, I’m out.

sorry/not sorry

oh me too I'll split it with you and we could still make a fortune!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Cache said:

 Something I saw in the show in the past makes me think Todd's a runner, and (IMO) a lot of those serious runners have a gaunt look to them. Anyone else recall?

He does have a runner's physique, but he also has a dancer's physique. He currently looks like an ultra or trail runner, although a bit less wiry. I have a hard time believing he's a trail runner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, monagatuna said:

He does have a runner's physique, but he also has a dancer's physique. He currently looks like an ultra or trail runner, although a bit less wiry. I have a hard time believing he's a trail runner.

I think he has been ill looking back and thinking about all the time he wasted on this shitshow he will take some time to recover from this shame.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

That poor lovely poodle is on its third name.

First was its rescue name (name #1), which Whitney apparently didn't like and changed.

It went by that name (name #2) for a while.

Now it's being called "Goose" (name #3) for some apparent reason.

No wonder the dog is confused.

Add in the fact that the poor dog doesn't know Todd at all and is being called by yet another name and no wonder it's hiding and not wanting to come in.  

Ugh.  

 

I thought she changed the dog's name to Neeshi. 

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

She did. Now she's calling her "Goose". 

Formerly "Goosey-Girl," formerly "Puppy-Girl," formerly "Neeshi," formerly "Caniche," (which is French for "Poodle.")  I may have missed a few . . .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Todd doesn't just look thin; he looks ill.  Is AIDS still a thing?

As for Hunter and Glenn, when an older person is frail and unsteady on their feet, you don't walk ahead of them without eyes on them - if not holding a hand or arm.  That said, I'm not convinced that fall was real...

This show is reaching "90-Days" level shark-jumping!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Todd doesn't just look thin; he looks ill.  Is AIDS still a thing?

As for Hunter and Glenn, when an older person is frail and unsteady on their feet, you don't walk ahead of them without eyes on them - if not holding a hand or arm.  That said, I'm not convinced that fall was real...

This show is reaching "90-Days" level shark-jumping!

AIDS is definitely still a thing. However--I would be very surprised if Todd is suffering from HIV/AIDS. With proper precautions it's not nearly as widespread as it was in the 80s and 90s, and with the advent of antiretrovirals and PReP (not that PReP is a treatment but rather a prophylaxis), it is a survivable infection as long as you are taking care of yourself, and Todd has always taken care of himself. Between his thinness and his twitchiness, my guess would be some sort of drug use, whether prescription or otherwise. Whatever it is I hope it's temporary or benign. I would hate for Todd to be having substance abuse problems.

I took a weekend-long first aid course this weekend and we were taught that any fall of a person over 65 is intended to be treated as a possible spinal injury and that we had to evacuate and have the patient seek medical treatment immediately. Naturally I thought of dear Babs during this segment. Granted, that was a wilderness first aid course and this is an urban setting, so the treatment plan is different, but I hope she got treatment right away. Whether the fall was staged or accidental, we saw it unfold on screen--the woman fell down, for sure.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Whether the fall was staged or accidental, we saw it unfold on screen--the woman fell down, for sure.

We saw a woman who could have been Babs - or could have been an extra in a Babs wig -- fall, but it was too far away to positively identify her.  Remember, this is "reality" TV!  If real, she could easily have broken a hip, so she's pretty lucky...

  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

We saw a woman who could have been Babs - or could have been an extra in a Babs wig -- fall, but it was too far away to positively identify her.  Remember, this is "reality" TV!  If real, she could easily have broken a hip, so she's pretty lucky...

That's a fair point!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think Rebecca and Whitney could benefit from having WLS. Being that big is not good on the joints. My really good friend had it done in August. She was tired of being on medication for High blood pressure, diabetes and being on a CPAP machine. Her doctor told her she needed to go physical therapy which is what she is doing to get her strength up. She lost 60 pounds so far.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2021 at 11:09 PM, Colleenna said:

NO. Unless they have specifically named her on their  HIPAA forms,  she has zero right to discuss anything with their doctor(s).  There are tons of resources for modifying a home for aging in place. Glenn and Babs are not stupid, nor are they senescent. 

I feel like if they were actually concerned they could easy afford to retrofit their house with an elevator, they aren't THAT expensive.

Share this post


Link to post

Does it drive anyone else crazy when reality stars travel to a beautiful location and totally waste their time yammering about Avi, etc., which they could be doing that at home?  Vacations are wasted on the wrong people!

9 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I think Rebecca and Whitney could benefit from having WLS. Being that big is not good on the joints. My really good friend had it done in August. She was tired of being on medication for High blood pressure, diabetes and being on a CPAP machine. Her doctor told her she needed to go physical therapy which is what she is doing to get her strength up. She lost 60 pounds so far.

Has she tried to lose the weight on her own first?  Just curious!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, all4mom2 said:
20 hours ago, Nicmar said:

 

Has she tried to lose the weight on her own first?  Just curious!

Hell no! then she wouldn't have a show.It's all coming back to bite her large ass.She will be stuck on a couch before long.

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, stoppro said:

Hell no! then she wouldn't have a show.It's all coming back to bite her large ass.She will be stuck on a couch before long.

I meant the friend of the poster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size