Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Bali Highs and Lows

• Start Topic

Tamruh's Blahg is up. Now I must go look at her FB. I need a life.

Ooooh...she posted a link to it on her FB page and the comments are not kind!

ETA again that LIZZIE'S SISTER is posting comments on her facebook!

Rebecca Peralta: wow!!! The lies really are flying and not from my sister. Your negativity and cruel intentions towards Lizzie are malicious. Just remember..... the game was never her idea. Lizzie was hurt not because you didn't come, but by how you declined the invitation. It is proper etiquette to respond to an invitation with a decline ASAP. Your daughter had a fever all day and you waited until after the bus arrived to decline. Shannon had already told Lizzie she probably could not make it so her call was expected. To insult her as a mother is a low blow. How did you feel earlier this year when those awful allegations of you as a mother came out? Lizzie is a very sweet person and an amazing mother. Just remember this is a show and a lot of the background behind these fights is edited or cut out. You shocked us all Tamra. Lizzie loved you in the beginning and really thought the two of you would get along well. I guess my sis was naive to believe that the cast could actually become friends.

And: Rebecca Peralta I would have loved to have been at the party. I was recovering from a c-section. My husband was there, along with a group of my sister's friends who all were not allowed to be seated at the table. The whole party was a set up.
about an hour ago

Edited by Cranky One
  • Love 2

Her sister's not really doing her any favors with that post.

My husband was there, along with a group of my sister's friends who all were not allowed to be seated at the table. The whole party was a set up.

Which makes Lizzie's histrionics all the more ridiculous by making it seem like Tamra's absence ruined everything.

Edited by charming
  • Love 1
So...what's all this Lizzie said said/did what to her husband?  I missed the episode.

Bravo aired some footage from Lizzie's birthday where she went on a rant while on the party bus and said "This is the worst birthday I've ever had. Next year I'll be 35 and if my husband does not produce a good birthday, I will probably leave him." After that, Christian attempted to hide behind the production crew then Lizzie continued to say "Christian, why don't you get a boner once a week? Fuck you!"

Shady boots Bravo cut Danielle and her husband out of Lizzie's birthday party scenes but she's there in the bus consoling Lizzie.

• Love 1

Shady boots Bravo cut Danielle and her husband out of Lizzie's birthday party scenes but she's there in the bus consoling Lizzie.

And if Lizzie's sister is to be believed, they cut out any film of Lizzie's real life friends at the table for the party. I suspect that BRAVO wanted to create the dramatic "Lizzie has no friends" story line. I suspect the texts between Lizzie and Tamra happened after Lizzie realized that she did actually have people there and she just partied. I only say that because then, Lizzie's blog makes more sense to me and I have to have things make sense - except for Sonja on NY, nothing she says makes sense and it's kind of comforting.

So, this is my take on the way things went down that night.

Lizzie is getting drunk on the party bus and fuming because no one has shown up for this filming event. She rants and says a lot of awful things (I don't think that the thing she said about her husband's boner was the only horrible thing she said to him on the long ride to LA from OC). They film the empty table for the party scene and it's just Lizzie and her husband, Vicki and Brooks, and Danielle and her husband. 

Lizzie's actual friends make their presence known, and Lizzie does have a good party. While she is partying and continuing to drink, Danielle and Tamra text back and forth. Lizzie and Tamra text back and forth. Heather and Tamra text back and forth. Lizzie is so drunk by this point that she doesn't remember the actual content of the text messages, but Tamra saves them because this is not her first time at the rodeo, and she needs to protect herself in case she gets called out on something. 

Lizzie and Tamra discuss the incident in Bali for the cameras, but neither is willing to break the fourth wall (Tamra explains off camera that production told her to wait to let her know she wasn't coming) Lizzie gets owned by making the newbie mistake of bringing up an unimportant issue as opposed to the real issue: Tamra is a shit talking liar who loves to gossip and deflects her behavior rather than just admit that she was wrong. But, because Tamra is so good at deflecting from her own behavior and even making sure that there is proof that she was innocent, she is able to deflect once again. 

Lizzie's mistake was that she went after Tamra for the wrong thing. She got so caught up in Danielle's ire over the dumb and dumber comment, that she didn't think it through. If she had gone after Tamra for her behavior at her dinner party - even though she probably didn't see the extent of it until after filming, she at least witnessed enough to know that Tamra was a liar and could easily be called out on it.

Lizzie feels justified even though she looks stupidly petty. Tamra knows she won because she saved the text messages. Imagine if Lizzie had called Tamra out on the fact that she had told everyone about the email David sent. Or, how awesome would it have been if she called Tamra out for making Shannon look crazy at the dinner party? No, she went with the party. She went with the party at which she got so trashed that she didn't remember texting back and forth with Tamra. She went with the night where she humiliated her husband for not getting it up often enough. 

How much do you want to bet that Tamra has said much much worse to at least 2 of her husbands off camera? I wouldn't be surprised if she said it on camera and it simply wasn't used by BRAVO for the sake of cultivating a different story line for Tamra.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 3

Dude. Can people stop leaking information about Bravo production intervention like you'all solved the Kennedy assassination? They set shit up. I get it...because I'm not stupid! You signed up to be my dancing monkey so I want to see you twerk! Drop it like it's hot!

Anywho. Back to Tamara. Homegirl cannot dress to save her life. I hated that tennis dress thing she wore to drinks/dinner. You've been complaining about how hot it is so wear something a little loose and tropical. With Tamara it has to be skin tight and short. And ugly. Go eat some of your makeup so you can be pretty on the inside. (TM Alexis)

• Love 3

Bravo aired some footage from Lizzie's birthday where she went on a rant while on the party bus and said "This is the worst birthday I've ever had. Next year I'll be 35 and if my husband does not produce a good birthday, I will probably leave him." After that, Christian attempted to hide behind the production crew then Lizzie continued to say "Christian, why don't you get a boner once a week? Fuck you!"

Wow...now I have to go watch the episode...more than just the boner?  I thought that's what all the fuss was about...just as I was liking her, she lost some major points.  Shame...  

• Love 1

So if Lizzie did indeed have IRL friends at the party, why was she throwing such a fit about it being the worst birthday ever? I get her playing up the thing with Tamra for drama, although I agree with others - there are better things to call Tamballs out about. But that drunken outburst at her husband didn't seem staged at all. Was it somehow his fault only 2 people from the show came? 

Lizzie needs to grow up.  She sounds like a 6 year old with all this "Nobody came to my birthday party, boo hoo".  Get over it.

I thought Vicki looked the worst in her robin egg blue dress.  She looked like a stuffed sausage, and needed at least two sizes larger. And her basic denial of the dumb and dumber comment was awful.  But when Lizzie kept pushing it, you could see Vicki was trying to come up with some kind of lie about saying those words.

And why is Lizzie's friend in this show more than some of the regulars? 

• Love 2

Well gee, when you compare the antics of Real Housewives to real problems like Hitler, Ebola, and racism - they have no reason to be on television at all.  I think we're all aware that these are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but you can't argue that their antics in Bali don't really do much to improve the perception of Americans.  That's all I'm saying, anyway.

Word to this, miss chung As you stated, if we're going to compare behavior to Hilter, Ebola, etc., I guess all crass, vulgar behavior shouldn't deserve a mention since it all pales in comparison.

• Love 1

Lizzie needs to grow up.  She sounds like a 6 year old with all this "Nobody came to my birthday party, boo hoo".  Get over it.

I thought Vicki looked the worst in her robin egg blue dress.  She looked like a stuffed sausage, and needed at least two sizes larger. And her basic denial of the dumb and dumber comment was awful.  But when Lizzie kept pushing it, you could see Vicki was trying to come up with some kind of lie about saying those words.

And why is Lizzie's friend in this show more than some of the regulars? 

Vicki really needs to rethink her wardrobe.....she looked absolutely awful in that dress.  She appears to be gaining weight quite rapidly, IMO

• Love 2

As much as I can't wait to see Tamra's running away hissy fit and as much as I would love for her to stick by her words that "they'll never see her again" or whatever it is she shreaks, I remember they are in freaking Bali and therefor the idiot can't make good on her threat. She'll have to get back to the OC somehow and I doubt Bravo would fly her back ahead of time, alone. So, damnit, there will most likely be a tearful reconciliation, when all will express their love, and the evil bitch will be back in business. Crap......

Honestly, I'm quite stunned by all the comments about Vicki's weight.  She's over 50 and I think she looks great!  Clearly she exercises and watches what she eats, but she's not a tiny woman.  So what?  I do agree that by dressing properly she could flatter herself much more than she does.   Honestly, some of the clothing she wears wouldn't flatter any figure. 

• Love 5

What I hated most this episode was what that bitch Heather said about or to Shannon during Heather's desperate grab for camera time on the plane. She asked Shannon about her homeopathic remedies that she had with her and then quipped "What about the Xanax?"

C%#T!!!

• Love 1

Honestly, I'm quite stunned by all the comments about Vicki's weight.  She's over 50 and I think she looks great!  Clearly she exercises and watches what she eats, but she's not a tiny woman.  So what?  I do agree that by dressing properly she could flatter herself much more than she does.   Honestly, some of the clothing she wears wouldn't flatter any figure.

I would think that with these women being on a TV show they would have consulted with a stylist. They wear some of the ugliest outfits and routinely dress in a way that is both unflattering to their size and age inappropriate. I'm not saying that after age 40 or 50 it's time to put on the polyester pantsuit, but one can be stylish and sexy and still be age appropriate. IMO, hanging the cleavage after age 40 when you have large breasts is not sexy - it's gross. Skirts half way up the thigh when you have chubby legs and/or wrinkly skin (Tamra) or cellulite has the opposite effect of sexy. Also, being over 50 doesn't mean one is destined to be overweight or out of shape. I'm Vicki's age and built like Heather - tall, slim and toned. Yes, skin and boobs will wrinkle and sag, but you can dress to accentuate a slim, fit figure without emphasizing those problems. I think part of Vicki's problem is her breast implants are too large and they make her look even heavier than she is. I remember when Tamra had her implants reduced and she looked sooo much better - in proportion and thinner. Vicki was so bitchy to her (and probably jealous) and told her she made a mistake and couldn't understand why anyone would want smaller breast.

What I hated most this episode was what that bitch Heather said about or to Shannon during Heather's desperate grab for camera time on the plane. She asked Shannon about her homeopathic remedies that she had with her and then quipped "What about the Xanax?"

I bet they were all wishing someone had Xanax to slip into Vicki's drink when she was acting so over the top.

• Love 1

First Look 10:18 am tomorrow (Sun)

Thank you!  I always appreciate a 'heads' up!  Tamra told me to say that.  But I really said  I always appreciate a 'notice'. 

Ya know Tampron, she loves the shit, shine and shower game too.   Shag, Marry, Kill.  I'd shag Lizzie's husband, marry Terri (for his $ of course and a free boob lift) and then kill Terri for his life insurance policy.  It has to be a different name?  Okay, kill Brooks and hope Vicki made him get life insurance too. 

Dang, where were those Bravo cameras at during that game?  I'm guessing it will be on the lost footage episode.  F'ers.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Dude. Can people stop leaking information about Bravo production intervention like you'all solved the Kennedy assassination? They set shit up. I get it...because I'm not stupid! You signed up to be my dancing monkey so I want to see you twerk! Drop it like it's hot!

To me, part of the fun of the show is what goes on behind the scenes and figuring out the missing pieces of the puzzle.

• Love 2

I would think that with these women being on a TV show they would have consulted with a stylist. They wear some of the ugliest outfits and routinely dress in a way that is both unflattering to their size and age inappropriate. I'm not saying that after age 40 or 50 it's time to put on the polyester pantsuit, but one can be stylish and sexy and still be age appropriate. IMO, hanging the cleavage after age 40 when you have large breasts is not sexy - it's gross. Skirts half way up the thigh when you have chubby legs and/or wrinkly skin (Tamra) or cellulite has the opposite effect of sexy. Also, being over 50 doesn't mean one is destined to be overweight or out of shape. I'm Vicki's age and built like Heather - tall, slim and toned. Yes, skin and boobs will wrinkle and sag, but you can dress to accentuate a slim, fit figure without emphasizing those problems. I think part of Vicki's problem is her breast implants are too large and they make her look even heavier than she is. I remember when Tamra had her implants reduced and she looked sooo much better - in proportion and thinner. Vicki was so bitchy to her (and probably jealous) and told her she made a mistake and couldn't understand why anyone would want smaller breast.

I bet they were all wishing someone had Xanax to slip into Vicki's drink when she was acting so over the top.

Hanging the cleavage at 22 is gross too. Way does age have to play into it? Shouldn't everybody cover up?

Also, being over 50 doesn't mean one is destined to be overweight or out of shape. I'm Vicki's age and built like Heather - tall, slim and toned.

I think that the original poster was making the point that Vicki is NOT over weight, in fact they made a point of how in shape Vicki actually is. Tall and slim tend to be more of a genetic thing than something that is attributed to age. Being toned is something that we can actually control (although some come by it a bit more naturally than others), and the original poster noted that Vicki was toned. 

Vicki's issue is the same as all of the original OC housewives. They simply don't want to let go of what they believe to be the "hot woman" look. Does anyone remember when Oprah did a makeover for all of the OC housewives? They all looked so much younger and slimmer when they had worked with actual stylists. And each of them decided that they wanted to go back to their original look. They seemed to think that they looked younger regardless of what professional stylists did for them. 

That will always be their downfall. It doesn't matter how in shape or toned Vicki actually is, she will always default to what she thinks is the hot woman look - even if it ages her. The same is true for Tamra. The same is true for Heather. Heather was not part of that makeover because she wasn't an original housewife, but she will still default to her original look. She will still be the scrawny, black wearing, sunken cheeks, with too much filler look that she believes is the best look for her. 

The point is that I don't think that any of these women would qualify as overweight. I think they are all just used to looking like what they expect in the mirror. So, it doesn't matter that a stylist could help them look 10 years younger. They will always believe that what they looked like in the 90's is the way they are supposed to look if they want to look young. 

• Love 1

Honestly, I'm quite stunned by all the comments about Vicki's weight.  She's over 50 and I think she looks great!  Clearly she exercises and watches what she eats, but she's not a tiny woman.  So what?  I do agree that by dressing properly she could flatter herself much more than she does.   Honestly, some of the clothing she wears wouldn't flatter any figure. 

Why is it clear that she exercises?

• Love 1

So if Lizzie did indeed have IRL friends at the party, why was she throwing such a fit about it being the worst birthday ever? I get her playing up the thing with Tamra for drama, although I agree with others - there are better things to call Tamballs out about. But that drunken outburst at her husband didn't seem staged at all. Was it somehow his fault only 2 people from the show came?

I suspect she didn't know they were coming until after the bus trip. That's all I can come up with.

Dang, where were those Bravo cameras at during that game?  I'm guessing it will be on the lost footage episode.  F'ers.

but of course!

Hanging the cleavage at 22 is gross too. Way does age have to play into it? Shouldn't everybody cover up?

I agree with you that hanging out the cleavage at any age is gross, but I'm a female. Men, the usual target "audience" of the cleavage hangers, seem to like that look and think it's sexy, attractive, whatever, but not when it's on an older woman and they're saggy, no longer firm, and accompanied by wrinkly mottled chest skin. The thing is, the women who do this (Vicki, Tamra) think they DO look sexy and I feel a second hand embarrassment for them. Personally I don't find it attractive when Lizzie does it either but I could see where a man would like it on her as she is still young enough to pull it off.

• Love 2

Does anyone remember when Oprah did a makeover for all of the OC housewives? They all looked so much younger and slimmer when they had worked with actual stylists. And each of them decided that they wanted to go back to their original look. They seemed to think that they looked younger regardless of what professional stylists did for them.

I wish I had seen that! How did Oprah approach the subject without outright telling them they looked ridiculous with their original look?

• Love 1

I can't stand Lizzie.  I personally think she is rather unattractive.  And the slight against her husband was too much.  I wish he had come back with something like, "well, maybe if you didn't dress like a classless whore..."  For all of her claims of being brilliant, she doesn't strike me as being that intelligent.  

Add me to the list of people embarrassed when they arrived.  Vicki with the "Why did we have to travel so far -- we could've gone to Hawaii."  

• Love 3

None of these OC women (or really, any of the Housewives show for that matter) act like me, my friends, my family, my co-workers, or anybody I encounter in real life on a daily basis. They in no way, shape, or form represent a slice of "real America."

So why would I think how they acted in Bali would be a poor representation of my country?  They* were a poor representation of themselves.  Nothing more, nothing less.

*By "they" I pretty much mean Vicki and Tamra.

You, your friends, family or co-workers are not who the people in Bali encountered. They, unfortunately, dealt with Vicki and Tamra. When they think of Americans those two will form part of the basis of their opinion regarding Americans. Those of us who live in the USA know they don't represent the majority but the people of Bali don't interact with as many Americans as we do.

• Love 1

I wish I had seen that! How did Oprah approach the subject without outright telling them they looked ridiculous with their original look?

I didn't think they looked all that great after the Oprah makeover because they were dressed for a Chicago fall or winter season and that is much to heavy for Southern California. Some of the toned down hair and make up was nice but the clothes were dowdy. People just don't dress that way here. I still that they looked their best in Sky tops and jeans.

• Love 3

However, did you see Dame Helen Mirren twerking with Michael Strahan? Her chest area is flawless. Mine is sundamaged from hell & hasn't looked as good as hers since I was 25. FLAWLESS.

My mother loves to vacation in tropical countries and as I've inherited fish belly white Scottish skin I apply spray sunscreen daily to avoid leathery skin, ESPECIALLY on my chest, neck and hands. Those areas are true indicators of age after the face.

Helen Mirren is a true role model for aging gracefully.

Initially, I liked Lizzie but, the more I see of her in her junior section princess dresses, foul mouthed drunken behaviour, the less I like her. Her birthday dress didn't fit and was fugly as sin. I even sent a text about it.

Count me in with the people noticing horrible Chinese tourists...it is partially cultural. My ex did business in china and versed me well in differences. There's no such thing as lining up in an orderly fashion...it is basically everyone shoving to the front in a bottle neck. I visited Casa Loma two weeks ago and had to avoid being pushed backwards down a narrow staircase for the third time by a Chinese boy. I moved him aside and told him to wait. He seemed completely perplexed by the suggestion. It was an unpleasant experience. Also, who in this age of amazing smartphones uses an ipad to take photos?

I've got a bottle of wine chilling for this week. I can't wait to see Tamra run like a little bitch all the way home.

You can see the results here http://www.oprah.com/style/From-OC-to-NYC-The-Real-Housewives-Get-Makeovers

Photoshop and professional lightning does wonders so I don't know in which way it really reflects the reality of the hair colours but they look good. I don't like the clothes either for South California but everything is a improvement from the old Snooki's look they sport normally.

With the exception of Jeana & Vicky, they look terrible. I could have done a better job than the stylist. What in the 70s hell was Tamra wearing?

As a NY native living in LA for the past decade, I see my fair share of tourists on a daily basis. Bad, rude behavior is not limited to Chinese nor to American tourists. iPad/ iPad mini use is not limited to the Chinese either. Americans (or, Canadians? I don't know) do it too. Nevertheless, this conversation is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Every group has their fair share of jerks.

I agree that these idiots are not representative of me and my fellow Americans. People who live in touristy areas will see the best and worst sides of all nationalities and cultures. Period.

I also agree that these morons treat every trip like one big booze cruise.

Oh- I also agree that Lizzie's dress was hideous and that woman can't dress herself to save her life. Fashion degree? Uh, no.

• Love 1

Gretchen, Tamra, and Lauri looked ridiculous in those makeovers. Vicci and Jeane looked great, but the clothing was too done and heavy for where they live. Lizzie should shop in the Alexis Couture site. She would probably find better fitting and nicer clothes.

As for the terrible two...Jebus. I hate Tamara all the time, but more so when she travels. The whole world is really just a low

rent booze cruise to that woman. 

I've been trying, to no avail, to sum up that nasty sack of human waste, but THIS. IS. IT.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 1

Was Vicki pretending that her vomiting was from motion sickness?  Wasn't she boozing extremely hard the night before?

As a 46 year-old, I'm amazed by the ridiculous level of boozing that goes on.  You'd think they were all sorority sisters.  Drinking in a kayak, drinking during the elephant ride.  Whooping it up like teeny boopers whose parents left them alone in the house while they went out of of town.  

Nothing wrong with having some drinks but when it gets to the point that you can't ride a fucking elephant without having "champs" it's like enough.

• Love 2

You might be onto something when you suggested Vicki might have been heaving b/c she was hungover. She really did vomit at one point, right?

Speaking of which, was it this ep that Shanon told her one carsick daughter to vomit in her sister's baggage as a joke? Ha ha

Is my memory going bad or s Bravo trying to gaslight me a chnaged the ending of this ep when they played it before the new ep last night? I swear I do not remember them begining to compare notes on Tamra at the pool...