Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Bali Highs and Lows

• Start Topic

Amen.  Emasculating your husband in front of others is utterly atrocious behavior.  Emasculating him when you are alone with him is also atrocious.  As far as I'm concerned, whether you are drinking or not, having a bad day or not, there is no excuse for lashing out at the person you married/claim to love with the lowest blows you can think of.  There is no true recovery from that, apologies don't wash it away.  Those are some deep jabs that never completely heal, and if you can't trust the person you married not to do that to you, then who CAN you trust?  Them's fightin' words, Lizzie, the kind people sling at each other across the table when they are negotiating a divorce and want to cause emotional damage.  You don't casually say something that hideous like it's nothing, and act like it never happened afterward, come on.

This. Actually I'm divorced and would never say something this horrible to my ex. I mean it's not like we don't know  how sensitive an area that is for any man. It's really horrible. I agree, Shannon's nagging does pale in comparison.

I have basically found Lizzie boring, but sensed there was a spoiled princess there. Now we know. I am glad she is calling Tamra out for being a despicable human being, because non matter how bad Lizzie looks in this particular argument, the fact that Tamra is an evil bitch is still a fact. However, now that she is accomplishing that, she can go too. I won't miss her. 

I wonder how long before the divorce?

• Love 4

Someone mentioned it up thread but I can't find the post.....but Lizzie must have been delighted when she saw the birthday episode and realized the boner comment had been edited out ,only to see this weeks flashback had the comment in. Especially since it didn't further the story at all, just Bravo taking delight in other's misery. I feel so bad for Christian but somehow I felt bad for Lizzy too. I suppose it's because she made Tamra cry and I will always be grateful for that. It's sort of The enemy of my enemy is my friend, sort of thing. Even Vicki's non filled love tank pales in comparison . Ouch! As far as Danielle is concerned she must have threaten litigation. Look at Taylor Armstrong and that horrible situation and yet Bravo still aired it. There is more to that story....

• Love 2
There is more to that story....

Will she be at the reunion?  Dat's what I wanna know.  Will Andy make her sit in a dark corner somewhere & scream at her to STFU if she dares to speak?  Or will she hold up a big sign covering her face saying, "Andy, the bitchface edited me out this season for some reason everyone is too terrified to reveal"?

There were two little throw away lines at the dinners that stuck out to me.  At the first dinner, Heather says something to the effect of, "I'll take care of this check".  Then at the second dinner, when Tamra, Vicki, and Heather get up to leave, someone else (one of the 3 remaining) says "We'll handle the check".  Now obviously I don't think these women actually foot the food bill, but I can't recall anyone, on any RH show, making it a point (twice, in one episode), making a similar statement.  I can't figure out why this late in the game, Bravo would even try to make us think these women are paying for their meals on RH vacations.

As regards Danielle, I've read the RadarOnline stuff and, even if it is all true, I'd too love to know what the real reason Bravo cut it out.  Like said upthread, when the Maloofs' story was edited out, there were enough rumors of lawsuits and the sensitivity of surrogacy is quite high, so I can see it.  What is sooo much worse than that, to substantiate editing Danielle to a mute eye roller?

They looked so bad because they are the opposite of firm and perky. Not that there is anything wrong with that, and it's understandable after having three children. But it's not a good idea to have them on full display like that. In fact, I would love it if women would more often feel the need to cover up, at least a little bit. I feel like it's all boob boob boob with some of these women. 

Because that's what natural, late 40's, early 50's breasts look like without the benefit of cosmetic surgery/implants.  There you have it.  Shannon needs to cover that area up IMHO.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3
I have basically found Lizzie boring, but sensed there was a spoiled princess there.

That's exactly what she is. How many wives out there have husbands who forget important dates, or buy gifts at the last minute that aren't very personal? Some men are just awful with those things. We have seen no evidence that Christian, himself, is horrible with birthdays, but apparently in order to please Princess Lizzie you must "produce" something completely off the scale in terms of grandeur and excitement. A party bus with friends and a fancy restaurant just aren't good enough. She must be tiresome to live with. 

• Love 2

Vicki has fake-vomited more in 9 seasons than my entire family did for real in three decades.  She is seriously starved for attention, and that is a disgusting way to go about getting it.  If my children ever did that I would smack the shit out of them.

• Love 10

This episode for me:

- Long haul flight. Check

- ignorant tourists acting like fools. Check

- bitchiness and arguments. Check

- gorgeous location and unique culture wasted on HoWives. Check

Boring.

However, this episode also gave me a few lil' nuggets of tv gold:

- Tamra and Vicki walking up steps. Tamra warns Vicki about falling... and then Tamra falls. Ha ha. That would be a sweet laugh until I peed moment between me and one of my friends!

- The poor elephants 'playing' the harmonicas? Bad tv. Gold because it reminded me of sad, bad, practice that many places feel they need to use to keep the dumb tourists happy. Gold only because it was a poignant moment for me. A reminder for me to demand better from my travel experiences.

- Lizzie getting serious and letting it all OUT!! Tamra is toast! About time...this will lead to an even bigger nugget of gold next week! Yay!

- Vicki and Shannon on the canoe... Shannon flicking water at Vicki with her canoe; holding her drink between her legs; the falling in.... Another pee my pants if I was with my friends experience. Sweet and funny tv.

I went elephant trekking twice in two different countries.  After the ride we were forced to watch the elephant "Show".  Elephants playing musical instruments, elephants painting pictures with their trunks (which were for sale), spraying us with water from their trunks and various other "tricks".  We could buy various fruits and feed the animals their treats.  Sad indeed.  The only time I felt a little less guilty was when the "baby" elephant passed the hat for donations (which was supposed to go toward the elephant habitat) but who really knows.

The only somewhat redeeming? thing I took away was that each elephant was assigned a specific trainer that works with it from infancy to the animal's death and the relationship(s) seemed very close, very genuine between human and animal.  The elephant training jobs were supposedly well paying and highly coveted so the trainers had to make sure they took good care of the elephants or risk termination. 

This was what I was told by the locals - not sure if it was true.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

I sympathize with the girls about the heat. I say that every year during our Texas summers and curse my husband for moving from us from CA!

I live in Florida. It's brutal in the summer and even into the fall. California girls do not understand humidity. Shannon's hair can't handle it at all. Reminds me of mine. I can spend an hour on it, walk outside and it turns to shit. 

• Love 3

So if Eddie really said he would choose to fuck Lizzie....

And the world now knows Lizzie ain't getting enough meat in her diet, so to speak....

I wonder if the ever-so-insecure Tamra is staying up nights pondering possible outcomes to this equation.  

Oh, this is good for a tiny giggle-

Something looked different about her on WWHL.  She looked good, but she definitely did something to herself -- other than making her hair color a bit more -- er, neon.  I'm not good at guessing this kinda stuff, but when someone looks suddenly much better & has got tons of spare dough to spend, I'm mighty suspicious.   I'll be watching her closely at the reunion & comparing to how she looks in this ep & the next.

She said she hadn't had any work since the show ended filming and WWHL, Scoobs...

That being said, she looks FABULOUS, darling, just FABULOUS....

(In other words, I'm pretty sure Terry wasn't her surgeon, hehe)

• Love 2

The splicing and editing is really starting to get to me this season. Lizzie kept saying that Danielle and Vicki were the only ones at her "party", yet we didn't see Danielle at that depressing restaurant at all. We also didn't see any of the dumb and dumber comment until they played it back. I kept thinking, Wait, Danielle was there? WTF Bravo! 

Regarding Lizzie's meltdown playback, sometimes when people drink , the truth comes out. There must be alot of things going on behind closed doors in that marriage for her to say those hateful things to her husband. Or maybe she just can't handle  her booze and blurts stupid shit then doesn't remember it the next day. 

I'm just wondering what is wrong with a romantic birthday dinner with your husband at an exclusive (special occasion) restaurant? To me, those are the best birthdays.  Why does Lizzie brat have to have something so over the top? Grow Up!

• Love 2

She said she hadn't had any work since the show ended filming and WWHL, Scoobs...

That being said, she looks FABULOUS, darling, just FABULOUS....

(In other words, I'm pretty sure Terry wasn't her surgeon, hehe)

What a load of crap.  Looks like she had fillers in her cheeks and a lift. Good for her, just don't lie about it. Do these women think we are blind? It's not just the different hairstyle. The woman was practically unrecognizable last night, I was shocked!. One thing I will say about Vicki, she owned all the work she had done between seasons and I respect that about her. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 3

I hated the elephants - I really don't like seeing any animal exploited for stupid tourists, especially these women.

The thing about the check was strange - I don't think I've ever heard any of the housewives talk about picking up the tab, save for the infamous Bethenny/Luanne snark during the early seasons of RHNY. 

I feel like there's something wrong with Christian.  He and Lizzie just seem strange to me - I get that she comes off as sweet and enthusiastic and whatever else, but he just seems emotionally checked out all the time.  I don't know.

This show is really going down the tubes. And yeah - what was up with all the makeup and eyelashes for a 23-hour flight?  Can you say dehydrated skin?

I do remember Tamra was asked about her impressions on Lizzie and Shannon at the start of the season.  She basically said Lizzie was a mean drunk and Shannon was as crazy as a loon.  I'm glad they showed a snippet of the Lizzie drunk rant, and I do believe they cut it because Danielle was there.  Yes, Danielle is a void when with the housewives but her private life was interesting..and I'd rather have seen that then Tamra trying to raise a robot baby.  That's just me.

• Love 1

Shannon does look like she had work done, but so do a lot of the women when they go on Andy's show.  Perhaps it's all surgery.  Perhaps it's shit/strange lighting.

I hope Danielle is at the reunion and they edit her out.  Or they do stuff like last night- show her moving her lips while it's a voiceover from another HW.  It's only fitting at this point that they keep the strangeness going.  It's interesting that she's Heather's friend, because I think she's only been cited as Tamra and/or Lizzie's friend.

And I kind of want them to do the opposite with someone next season.  Film it all, then film a random woman and splice her in so that shots don't line up and everything is a little off kilter.  That could be fun.

• Love 5

Bosses like [Vicki] are a nightmare.  They expect the employees who make maybe a quarter of what they (Vicki) makes to work twice as hard. They (Vicki) have no sense of reality whatsoever. While they live in McMansions and never ever have to worry about working paycheck to paycheck? The backbone of the business (the actual workers), are working their asses off just to get by.  If the drones want to take a 35 minute lunch??  Freaking let them damn!!!

Vicki is batshit crazy and all, but I do share one expectation with her - I expect people to earn their paychecks.  You're not doing me a favor when I ask you to do your job.  You routinely have "emergencies" on Monday and Friday and can't make it in?  You have to come late/leave early because of X, Y, and Z?  Sure, fine go ahead, but let it happen enough (e.g., Ashley) and I assume you're lying and very lazy.  When cuts need to be made, I probably won't feel very much loyalty to you, and you'll be the first to go.  My expectations of a $50K/year employee are different than a $150K/year employee, but I have baseline expectations all the same.

Employment relationships are about mutual respect.  It's disrespectful of Vicki to micromanage people, but it's also disrespectful for people not to work when they should.  (Talking about Ashley here.  Not the honest folks she was harassing on this trip.)

• Love 6

You know what? It really bothers me in retrospect that Vicki hired Ashley - and Lauri for that matter.  Now she probably did that in part because they wanted to be on the show, but I can't imagine, had the roles been reversed, that Lauri would ever do something like that for Vicki.

Vicki has her faults, but she does seem to care about people.  Certain people.  I remember in Season 3 when Jeana Keough's son, Colton, was having some behavioral problems, and Vicki invited him to Havasu and said something like, "he just needs to come and get on a jet ski and blow off some steam."  Again, I can't imagine other castmates extending generosity that way.  

• Love 3

What a load of crap.  Looks like she had fillers in her cheeks and a lift. Good for her, just don't lie about it. Do these women think we are blind? It's not just the different hairstyle. The woman was practically unrecognizable last night, I was shocked!. One thing I will say about Vicki, she owned all the work she had done between seasons and I respect that about her. 

Why would she lie?  I think she had her hair parted over further, darker lipstick and lots of make-up.  The person calling asking if she had had work done didn't say if it was good or bad just different. I think if Shannon had something done she would own it. 

Quite honestly-and this isn't directed at you-I can't imagine what kind of person asks, let alone thinks they are entitled to another's medical procedures.  If someone wants to volunteer it fine-as Shannon did showing us before and after pictures of her nose/cheek job.  But Andy and the rest of the folks-it is rude to initiate the conversation.  If people want others to know they have had work they can let them know-but when someone denies it or doesn't confirm it, let it go.

• Love 6

I really enjoyed this episode and I'm irrationally excited about next week. Haha. I expected the many instances of ugly American behavior. However, I really enjoy the friendship between Vicki and Shannon. I would totally be with them trying to drunk kayak.

Finally the real Lizzie is coming out. I knew there was a major Drama Queen somewhere. She strikes me as someone who's bored with her life and probably thinks she "deserves" more. She's been complaining about Christian in her THs and saying she didn't want to be home feeding kids. Sorry honey but when you have toddlers that's what you have to do. She's going to be in for a rude awakening when her marriage to Christian crumbles. She might miss the "routine" of having a husband come home from work promptly for dinner. I hope she's back next season because I want to see more of their relationship.

I hate to say it but I was semi on Tamra's side during Lizzie's rant. I think she's guilty of a lot of things but not that particular conflict. Lizzie kept saying she was embarrassed that nobody was there. She's probably used to being the popular social butterfly and was worried about looking like a loser.

I felt bad for Shannon when Lizzie was telling her all the names Tamra calls her behind her back. Shannon is eccentric and neurotic but I don't think it's fair to say she's crazy.

Shannon admitted to a nose job and chin implant. Even gave Bravo a "before" picture. I don't see why she would try to lie now.

• Love 2

Did Heather call Tamra a "stud"? Like at one point I think I heard her say, "I'm proud of you, stud." I think it was while Vicki and Shannon were cocktail kayaking. I thought it was incredibly weird; maybe she says that to Terry and it slipped out!

Never had as strong a reaction to a friend of the HWs as Danielle...every time she comes on screen I don't want to watch (but of course do). She does not seem clever at all.

• Love 1

Why would she lie?  I think she had her hair parted over further, darker lipstick and lots of make-up.  The person calling asking if she had had work done didn't say if it was good or bad just different. I think if Shannon had something done she would own it. 

Quite honestly-and this isn't directed at you-I can't imagine what kind of person asks, let alone thinks they are entitled to another's medical procedures.  If someone wants to volunteer it fine-as Shannon did showing us before and after pictures of her nose/cheek job.  But Andy and the rest of the folks-it is rude to initiate the conversation.  If people want others to know they have had work they can let them know-but when someone denies it or doesn't confirm it, let it go.

She would lie because she doesn't want to admit it. Plain and simple. Andy has asked that of every woman that obviously has had work done. That's what Andy does. Having plastic surgery is nothing to be embarrassed about. If I had the money, I would have eyes lifted, my face lifted, and my ass lifted. And I would never lie about it to anyone.   

It looked like she had gained a few pounds as well and like she was well rested.  She didn't look like the long-suffering Shannon we see on RHOC.  She looked happy.  It was quite a contrast and she looked phenomenal, IMO.  

• Love 4

The splicing and editing is really starting to get to me this season. Lizzie kept saying that Danielle and Vicki were the only ones at her "party", yet we didn't see Danielle at that depressing restaurant at all. We also didn't see any of the dumb and dumber comment until they played it back. I kept thinking, Wait, Danielle was there? WTF Bravo! 

Regarding Lizzie's meltdown playback, sometimes when people drink , the truth comes out. There must be alot of things going on behind closed doors in that marriage for her to say those hateful things to her husband. Or maybe she just can't handle  her booze and blurts stupid shit then doesn't remember it the next day. 

I'm just wondering what is wrong with a romantic birthday dinner with your husband at an exclusive (special occasion) restaurant? To me, those are the best birthdays.  Why does Lizzie brat have to have something so over the top? Grow Up!

Oh Lizzie, I used to like you, now you're disappointing me big time.  What ever happened to having a quiet birthday/supper and a few drinks surrounded by people you love (like your husband)?  I could see Lizzie wanting to have an over-the-top celebration if this was one of her milestone birthdays, say, turning 21, or 40, etc.

That she said those horrible things in the limo to poor hubby Christian (Agreed, he may allegedly lack in the bedroom but he DOES ROCK his perpetual "bed-head" hair style so that is something, isn't it?).  Awful and unforgivable to emasculate your life partner on national TV.  Lizzie'd better be on her knees begging for forgiveness. 

• Love 1

Yea, that part was sketchy. Maybe she was shitfaced drunk and just didn't remember Tamra had been texting with her that evening? I am one of the last holdouts to not have a smart phone, so I'm not sure how they work. Would she really be completely oblivious when she was sober later and not see the messages in her inbox?

No.  She's simply a liar, and when called on it by a far better liar, tried to deflect about  women she barely knows hurting her feelings by not showing up to her freaking almost middle aged birthday party.   It was so awful that it caused her to verbally abuse her spouse. 

"I got snowed, and I don't get snowed"!  Oh Shannon,  you have the street smarts of bambi.   You get snowed so often, people must call you Christmas.  Also, if you take "fun  Shannon" x10, add "fun Lizzie" x10 you don't get 20 times the fun, you get a party at the home of some serious Amish  bachelor in Pennsylvania.    Who does not party.   Nor partake of alcohol.   Nor allow scantily dressed  women in his home.    You get a party at Mr. T's house, and your a fool on the night he has no pity.    Or, you get hanging out with Ryan and Brianna.   Something very serious or boring.

Lizzie is a piece of crap.   Who does that to their spouse with microphones and cameras around knowing one is being filmed?   Didn't Tamra call her a mean drunk?   That was underhanded.   He  can't get a boner because of YOU, you nasty shrew.   In the war of Tamra vs Lizzie,  Tamra wins, and we KNOW she's a liar.   Now she's trying to shit stir, but Tamra said shit about Vicki who said shit about Tamra, and they both know it.   Heather will go with Tamra, and Shannon is useless, and Danielle is apparently a hologram.   And Lizzie still said terribly personal stuff about her husband, who apparently works at Circuit City judging by his polo, and has a professional image to protect.  

Dumberer.  Good luck shilling Sun Krappen.  No one cares.

Vicki has been looking damn good, and I don't see the problem with Shannon's boobs, but she needs a better bra.

• Love 8

She would lie because she doesn't want to admit it. Plain and simple. Andy has asked that of every woman that obviously has had work done. That's what Andy does. Having plastic surgery is nothing to be embarrassed about. If I had the money, I would have eyes lifted, my face lifted, and my ass lifted. And I would never lie about it to anyone.   

Andy asks it of every RH and it is just so fucking classless.  You don't ask people about their medical history period.  If people want the world to know it is their place to volunteer it.  Plastic surgery is nothing to be embarrassed about but it still falls under HIPPA and it is no one's business if some else has had plastic surgery.  Just because some one else wants to tell the world about theirs does not give them the right to condemn another who does not.

That's exactly what she is. How many wives out there have husbands who forget important dates, or buy gifts at the last minute that aren't very personal? Some men are just awful with those things. We have seen no evidence that Christian, himself, is horrible with birthdays, but apparently in order to please Princess Lizzie you must "produce" something completely off the scale in terms of grandeur and excitement. A party bus with friends and a fancy restaurant just aren't good enough. She must be tiresome to live with. 

I think the not so Miss Congeniality side of Miss Lizzie began to show.  I get the impression she is use to being center stage and the others weren't taking the bait.  Her little grandstand play at the Christmas party pretty much proved she was out for Lizzie.

Has anyone noticed that Christian comes off as basically a slacker.  It is LIzzie's parent's beach house and horse farm, Lizzie's parents that gave her the start up money  for her business, Lizzie's mother that comes to stay with her after the babies are born so that  Christian can sleeps in.  I wonder if Christian maybe be shirking his duties in the providing department especially the weekly boner department. 

• Love 1

You can insult many things about your man. You can talk about his bald spot, his stomach, his family, his friends, his eating habits, his sleeping habits, his speech, his manners, his smells, his bodily eruptions, his general appeal. It's all fine.

But NEVER go after the penis. Day-um.

Edited by ElderPrice
  • Love 12

Did Heather call Tamra a "stud"? Like at one point I think I heard her say, "I'm proud of you, stud." I think it was while Vicki and Shannon were cocktail kayaking. I thought it was incredibly weird; maybe she says that to Terry and it slipped out!

Never had as strong a reaction to a friend of the HWs as Danielle...every time she comes on screen I don't want to watch (but of course do). She does not seem clever at all.

I tuned out the kayaking stuff last night but the term "cocktail kayaking" in a beautiful country like Bali REALLY pisses me off.  I mean, what the hell was the point of travelling for 24 hrs. to an exotic foreign country and completely waste that precious time doing something fairly common that the women could basically do in any lake/river in the OC?  The Hell?  Beautiful hotel/resort, but again, that could have been plopped down anywhere in the western United States.

As a poster stated up thread, a SIN for the ladies not to visit beautiful temples, pagodas, explore safe areas of the city, etc.  The elephant rides were okay but I thought the trip a wasted opportunity to see beautiful vacation porn!

• Love 1

The "stud" comment by Heather was after Tamra said she had finished her cocktail. I thought Heather was great this episode. She stayed quiet during the Lizzie stuff mostly since she wasn't there. And I loved her pointing out to Tamra that she did make fun of her dress. Even was going to show Tamra her texts and Tamra dismissed it when it doesn't work in her favor.

Overall I think Lizzie is making too much of the birthday night with Tamra. But honestly in real life if I had plans with someone in the evening of course you text to let them know you aren't attending. Would it kill Tamra to just say, "man Lizzie, I should have texted you earlier. Sorry." If so Lizzie would have NOTHING. 

• Love 2

I thought Shannon was venturing in The Joker territory last night. Pricilla Presely used to claim she never had surgery either and that reason she didn't have wrinkles was because Elvis told her not to frown. Um, sure. Saw her on Oprah once with Lisa Marie after she entered joker territory and she had less lines than Lisa Marie. Sadly, people think this is the normal way to look now.

Since Tamruh was supposed to be sparring with Danielle all season, I'm really curious to what was cut out. Danielle seems to be more Lizzie's friend than Heather's. I'm confused. Why haven't any of the gossip sites investigated this more, dammit!

• Love 1

I also noticed that Lizzie completely twisted the facts of that night, saying that she never heard from Tamra after Lizzie called to see where she was, when in fact, they stayed in touch the entire night.

These women seem to have a selective memory.  However, I do believe more of what Lizzie says than Tamra.  Tamra is a proven liar.

Watching Vicki & Shannon kayaking was the best part of the episode to me.  Just watching them being themselves and having fun was a nice change of pace.

• Love 1

It looked like she had gained a few pounds as well and like she was well rested.  She didn't look like the long-suffering Shannon we see on RHOC.  She looked happy.  It was quite a contrast and she looked phenomenal, IMO.  

She absolutely looked happy, relaxed, and well-rested.  Her body was also slamming. My first thought when I saw her face was that she might have gained a few pounds, but no way - her body just looked too good.  It certainly looks to me like she had some work done.  I actually cannot quite figure out what it is, but I compared the video from last night on WWHL to when she was on a couple of months ago and to me she looks incredibly different.  Yes, I had some time on my hands. 

I tuned out the kayaking stuff last night but the term "cocktail kayaking" in a beautiful country like Bali REALLY pisses me off.  I mean, what the hell was the point of travelling for 24 hrs. to an exotic foreign country and completely waste that precious time doing something fairly common that the women could basically do in any lake/river in the OC?  The Hell?  Beautiful hotel/resort, but again, that could have been plopped down anywhere in the western United States.

As a poster stated up thread, a SIN for the ladies not to visit beautiful temples, pagodas, explore safe areas of the city, etc.  The elephant rides were okay but I thought the trip a wasted opportunity to see beautiful vacation porn!

I think they probably saw quite a bit of the island. Shannon said they were driving a lot. It's Bravo that chooses what crap we see and apparently the temples weren't on the list. I do hope we see some in the next episode though, they are beautiful and the women carrying fruit and flower baskets on their head to the temples is such a stunning sight.

• Love 1

Re watching this episode and Danielle yelling at Vicki saying, " I have to address this!" Re: dumb and dumber, what the heck? That was all she said, because Lizzie wouldn't shut up? Something was off about. Danielle. Regardless of whether the rumors are true or not, I can kind of see why she was axed. Stand up for yourself. One phrase doesn't do crap. Plus, the subtle digs we have seen Danielle throw out, like at Shannon's party, made her seem meh to me.

I would strangle Vicki if I had to fly 23 hours and deal with her on vacation. The screaming gave me a headache.

Eta: did anyone else like how they kept saying "we are taking care of the bill"? What crap. I snorted.

Edited by SunTheen

I don't believe for one second that Danielle asked to not be on the show. Her Twitter timeline shows her promoting the show and retweeting comments about her appearance when it was premiering. RHOC is in her Twitter profile description right up there with Wife, Mommy.

If she was faking storylines for the show I can see why she was cut. Wanting to have a paternity test on herself? The hell? I could see the producers deciding to increase Shannon's profile instead of wasting time on Danielle if she was going to be a fake Drama Queen. Her insistence that she confront Vicki RIGHT NOW! was eye rolling. We had enough of that with Gretchen. I'm glad Vicki dismissed her and told her to move on.

• Love 1

I have no clue how go copy and paste other's posts on a tablet...but regarding Danielle...

Supposedly it was intended for her to be a new full-time housewife this season, but for some reason she was cut. No one seems to know exactly what went down with this, but it is disjointed to see her on this trip since we don't know her at all.

Edited by skiperdee

Bosses like her are a nightmare. They expect the employees who make maybe a quarter of what they (Vicki) makes to work twice as hard. They (Vicki) have no sense of reality whatsoever. While they live in McMansions and never ever have to worry about working paycheck to paycheck? The backbone of the business (the actual workers), are working their asses off just to get by. If the drones want to take a 35 minute lunch?? Freaking let them damn!!!

I had a hyper micro managing boss once. Crazy stuff power trip stuff like emailing you about projects that were months away while you're on vacation or a sick day. Also a big believer in the concept that you're only busy if everyone knows so you have to constantly remind everyone. Totally the type that was always checking nonsense on his phone during meetings so you knew he was important. Anywho finally got transferred and our teams productivity shot way up. We all said the same thing that now that we didn't have to manage our boss we had a lot more time to get work done. I heard he ran into the same issue at his new branch, then got fired. I bet Vicki is just like that.

• Love 2

She absolutely looked happy, relaxed, and well-rested.  Her body was also slamming. My first thought when I saw her face was that she might have gained a few pounds, but no way - her body just looked too good.  It certainly looks to me like she had some work done.  I actually cannot quite figure out what it is, but I compared the video from last night on WWHL to when she was on a couple of months ago and to me she looks incredibly different.  Yes, I had some time on my hands.

Whatever she did it was more in the style of the NYC crew. I think they do much more in the facial, botox and fancy collagen stimulating machines on a regular basis as opposed to fillers as a quick fix. Those fillers are NASTY and I hate the latest one I see advertised for under the eye that I'm pretty sure swells you up and gives you puffy creeks and squinty eyes. Think Brandy and well most of the west coast wives. Whatever she did it looked great but I don't think major surgery would have settled in as nicely by WWHL.
  • Love 2

I did love that older woman punking the hell out of Vicki with the comments about having to stay in huts and no internet whatsoever.  If I worked with Vicki, I go out of my way to come up with things that would make her go into panic mode and start her head-bobbing tic she gets when she's upset.

That was gold!

• Love 1

It is very terrible of me to speculate on whether Shannon has had some surgery done -- and btw, I'm pretty convinced she has.  So I guess I'll look up the devil & go register for my spot in hell right now for doing this.  Seriously tho, isn't this why most of us come here?  If you don't want to speculate on it or discuss it you are more than welcome not to do so.  Me, I kinda luv it -- and I'm so glad I got a place to talk bout what she may or may not have had done but won't admit to.

Now I do agree, it's pretty darn nervy to ask someone if they've had surgical procedures done & Shannon owes no explanations.  In fact, I think it's perfectly OK for her to deny all.  I mean seriously, just what the fuck has Heather had done?  Does she really look like Madame the puppet naturally?  Really?

Btw, Shannon's daughters all have her old nose, so her admitting to a nose job is not exactly revealing a difficult-to-figure-out secret.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Maybe they aren't interested in doing those things. Maybe it's not their thing.

• Love 1

When Tamra was comparing Bali to Tijuana and criticizing the poverty of the Balinese, I really wanted SOMEONE to say, "Yeah, except these folks have a greater net worth that you do, Tamra. They're not in debt up to their eyeballs and "fronting" for TV, you ungrateful c***."

• Love 11

THIS IS WHY THE PLANET HATES AMERICANS. Seriously.  Having lived abroad for many years and in several countries I cannot tell you how many times I wanted to literally crawl under the table at the ignorant behavior of my fellow Americans.  I mean ..... I remember once being so BEYOND embarrassed that when one of the locals mistook my Midwestern accent as being Canadian I didn't correct her.

Yes, that's right, Americans suck. The horror of being mistaken for a Canadian! I can't imagine.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 5

These women are sooooo unsophisticated. And that's being kind. Vicki and Tamra criticize the poor people of Bali? Check. Vicki compares Bali to Hawaii? Check. Hawaii is, after all, Vicki's favorite vacation spot. It's pretty and (to her ) exotic, and they "speaky the English." Tamra points out the elephant's penis? Check. Good lord. I am mortified. If I found myself abroad and in the presence of them, I think I would try to blend in with my surroundings, hoping no one would associate us. Then again who would??? I would not be wearing loud, obviously expensive clothing, high heels, jewelry and a ton of make up. I'm safe.

Maybe they aren't interested in doing those things. Maybe it's not their thing.

Because they are stupid, unsophisticated and DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE. They love being the Ugly Americans. They think staying in a fancy hotel is the way to travel. And wearing gaudy clothing, jewelry and makeup is what rich people do. God love 'em. What pathetic rubes.

Edited by NannyPants
  • Love 6

Once again I cannot wait for the scenes from the promo.  Tamra running off reminds me of that Australian comedy J'amie: Private School Girl, with the male comic playing a 16 year-old girl.  It's the same weird running and histrionics ("you'll never see me again!").  Good times ahead, I just hope it doesn't take an hour to get there.

This perfectly sums up Tamra!!!! 

• Love 1

The opening quote I cannot stand belongs to Tamra. Every time she says, "I'm not getting older...," I want to scream, "YES YOU ARE! WE ALL ARE! IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE *NOT* TO BE GETTING OLDER!" at the TV. It just doesn't make any sense.

• Love 6

I don't care whether or nor Shannon had work done, but if she did, kudos to her. She looks great.

Maybe she finally ate a potato. ;) (Also, I agree that she looks great.)

As for the comments about the clothes, etc, I couldn't believe how much luggage they bought for a week long trip! I know they have to wear new outfits, and I'm sure if I were being filmed, I would probably feel pressure to have more variety of clothing, but still. I think part of it is because they feel like they have to super dress up even for the flight. This remark isn't directed at Tamra, but since it was pointed out in the show: when Heather made fun of her for wearing platforms on the plane, and Tamra said she had her slippers and socks and this and that, I thought "No wonder you have to bring 5 pieces of luggage!." I mean, if she had just worn her comfortable shoes, then that was like 3 fewer items she needed to pack. I have seen stylish travelers in leggings, long cardigan, tee, pashmina, and flats. 

Edited by nenya
  • Love 3

The only thing that makes sense to me is that Danielle was caught faking storylines, so they decided to cut her almost completely as punishment. If the Radar articles are to be believed, she was faking storylines and causing drama and desperate for attention.

On the other hand, Bravo seems to have no problem with Kenya and her whole fake life...

• Love 7