Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: The Journey Begins

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I thought Melissa was great. I agree that her spin was reminiscent of figure skating. I thought the blonde in pink (#98), Mary, and Alexandra looked good in the few clips of them (though I could have gotten those names wrong, I don't usually get to know the girls until a few episodes in). 

For the returners from training camp, I like Tessa, but her kicks are bad. I'm glad they didn't even attempt to string her along for training camp. I actually don't think Ashley M looked any better than she did last year, but I like her. Throughout the show, I couldn't put my finger on who she reminds me of, but then it hit - she reminds a little bit of a young Sharon Case (Young and the Restless). As for Vivian, she definitely seemed a bit fake, but based on what and who they showed, she did seem like one of the better candidates there, IMO. 

The twins seemed really annoying. I'm glad they didn't make it through. 

Where in the episode was the email that posters were referring to earlier? I don't recall seeing it. 

Previews for next week - considering how poor Morgan's dancing was last season, she is the last person who should be showing up late. I'm really interested in next week's episode. The first episode always seems like filler to me, so I'm happy to see the veterans back. 

• Love 1

She's only a finalist. They're supposed to announce the ffinal team tonight.

but anywho Shannon the girl who Kelli said makeup looked muddy and didn't have the so called DCC look made the cavs dance team. She was a really good dancer and in really good shape I feel like they could of fixed her makeup and hair during makeovers (if this is the reason she was cut after finals) but I guess we'll find out Friday why she doesn't make it to training camp if they decide to feature her again on the next episode

Sorry if it looks backwards; this is my first time posting a spoiler.

Edited by MrsEVH

The e-mail that Kitty wrote was not very nice in reference to Amelia. I'm sure they always talk about the girls' looks behind their backs, but to allow that to be shown on national television is plain wrong. 

What email was that? Was that on a past episode? 

She's only a finalist. They're supposed to announce the ffinal team tonight.

Sorry if it looks backwards; this is my first time posting a spoiler.

Did I not post in the right thread?? My post was deleted and idk why

Does anyone know how many episodes there are this year? In one of the Campout pics on Twitter (I think Kelli's), it looked like CMT cameras were there. It seemed like last season was short, if I remember correctly. I wonder if this season is longer?

BTW, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I didn't know which other thread to ask. :P

Note from Mod:  Once again, no one is in trouble. The spoiler tags can be hard to figure out at first. You may notice a line of symbols above the area when you post. At the end is the circle with a line though it. This is for the spoiler tags, and an area is available to post what you want to be spoiled.

Please read the pinned notes, Spoilers and Where to Post and Threads Merged and Re-Titled at the top of the forums. Information about threads and where to post are in these two pinned notes.

Also sometimes I may edit a post when it does not stay on topic or may be a spoiler. No one is in trouble when this happens. If anyone has concerns or questions, please send me a PM. Thank you again for being a great group of posters.

Watched the episode again. First impression of Breelan is not good. Every time the camera catches her in the background she looks bored or pissed. When she walks out to the lot after semi-finals, the body language reads as very entitled. Be interesting to see if my impression changes as the season progresses.

I agree!  My first impression of her is of a whiny complainer with a really sloppy gut.

Regarding the Kitty Carter email comparing Kelli Q to Amelia. That flashed on the screen so fast that we only know about it because someone here with an incredibly keen eye and quick pause button caught it, so I'm not convinced that Kelli and Judy deliberately allowed that.  The part that was more easily legible in that scene was what was written on the actual photograph, which had nothing bad on it.  

About Breelan.  I watched the short intro to her that CMT posted on their website.  It's like 30 seconds or something, so only a superficial intro, and it says nothing about her trying out before, just that she rides horses, has owned one for a few years, and has danced a long time.  So, yeah, this girl is privileged, and it probably does impact how she carries herself.  I'm not defending her, but I'm not ready to be a hater based on less than 3 minutes of screen time.  Vivian, on the other hand, has gotten so much screen time that I think her true colors are starting to show, and what I've seen this season has totally turned me off.  I can't stand her egotism and constant playing to the camera and her "fans."  I still can't believe the pointing thing when her name was called last in the first episode, or the pointing with her pom and winking during her audition video, or her shamelessly announced ambition to be--not a DCC, but--a "fan favorite."  Wonder if the next episode is going to show her face/what she has to say when 

Loren is announced as the fan vote winner.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 1

Did you all notice Kelli's comment when she was discussing Melissa with Judy and Charlotte, she used the word, "but" after she said her name and number...wonder what she would have a reservation about? If there were ever a shoe-in, it's Melissa. We'll see......

Also, can I just say how much I love Ashley Michelle this season? She grew a set. She's a fighter...and she wears it well. It makes me wonder why they let her go and kept Emily (season 7) ? Ashley is way prettier....I never understood why Emily made the squad. But I don't know dance the way some of you on this board might.

Which Emily are you talking about? Ashley Michelle and Emily Rosalyn were in TC last year at the same time as Kathryn Dunn - Season 8. Ashley and Emily were cut. I'm not sure which Emily made the squad?

When guys watch episode 1 do you guys check out the customs/outfits they are wearing ? what do you guys think are the best customs this year , i love courtney''s outfit  (buccs) !!

I loved Alexandra's outfit. It looked great with her skin tone. Tessa's was also a good color choice on her.

I've actually gone to the website and thought about what colors and outfits I'd like to wear!

The twins were annoying this year.

• Love 1

Note from Mod:  Please remember to post about what happened in the episode only in the episodes thread. Post about the current squad in the Current DCCs thread. I also use spoilers pin for the current DCCs thread. I will take off the pin once the last Season 9 episode airs on CMT.

Thank you

They were the same twins from last year. They weren't annoying last year though, and Charlotte was very interested in having twins but got overruled by the negative marks from the other judges.

From the clips of their dancing on the show last year, I think they should drop the "look how identical we are in every single way" act and both auditon next year as individuals. This year it seemed like they had been directed to be "sassy" and are really bad at acting.

They were the same twins from last year. They weren't annoying last year though, and Charlotte was very interested in having twins but got overruled by the negative marks from the other judges.

From the clips of their dancing on the show last year, I think they should drop the "look how identical we are in every single way" act and both auditon next year as individuals. This year it seemed like they had been directed to be "sassy" and are really bad at acting.

Anybody remember the triplets that auditioned in season 1 or 2? They weren't annoying at all.

I think they should drop the "look how identical we are in every single way" act and both auditon next year as individuals. This year it seemed like they had been directed to be "sassy" and are really bad at acting.

Last year and this year they dressed alike every time they were on camera, even in their clip away from auditions.  I'm not a twin, so I shouldn't dismiss a bond that I can't understand, but I do think it's weird when twins dress alike over the age of 12.  In their case, though, I don't think auditioning as individuals would work (or ever happen), because the twin thing was the main thing they had going for them.  They looked like OK dancers with limp arms.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 1

I'm late to the viewing party and have only watched the first episode but I am so relieved reading here that no one is buying the BS that Vivian is shilling!  Puh-leese let this not turn into the Vivian show.  I'm worried that Kelli saw how many "fans" she gained and this is the big redemption arc to appease the masses.  What I don't understand is how many girls they label as not having the DCC "look", which typically means facially, but Vivian's body type will not ever fit the look either. 

The featuring of the pervy country music dude also makes me fear for the integrity of judging.  What qualifications does he bring to the table to be able to judge someone's dance ability other than to be able to label them "hot"???!  So stupid!

It did give him 5 seconds of fame and introduce him to MTT watchers as an artist. Probably no one even remembered they saw him after the episode was over, but he did get those 5 seconds featuring him and his music
I don't really understand cheerleaders dancing with a country singer anyway, but that might just be me...

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do spoilers.

I love Melissa Rycroft. She was always one of my favorite DCC. However, why do they feel the need to keep introducing her on every episode. REALLY. By now all of the DCC knows that she is going to be there all Summer helping them out. 

Also, why is it she is only helping some of the Rookie candidates with a special class. I don't think that is really fair.

When you go to post, there should be a line of formatting? items above the posting area box. By the quote marks, there is a small circle with a line through it. This is for spoilers. You may have to down the list to find spoilers. A box to type what you want in the spoiler tags should come up. Type what spoiler information or spoiler speculation you want to post and hit okay.

This was on CMT this morning and I'm finally getting around to watching it on my DVR. Neal McCoy was really odd and kinda creepy as a judge. I feel bad for Tessa but yeah she just didn't have the flexibility. It will be interesting to watch the rest of the season, esp watching for girls like Breelan.

On August 2, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Route66 said:

I think Morgan tried out but was cut at finals.

What kills me is that for all of Kelli's devotion to the DCC, she cant't really wear two hats (as director and as a producer for the show) without compromising the integrity of the squad and the whole process. It's been noted that many former DCC have said that training camp didn't use to have so many girls--it was primarily the size of the squad they expected to have. But the primary drama of the show is cuts---without that "tonight will be your last night" there isn't a show. Think of how what else they show has changed, likely based on viewers' response; I am thinking of the body fat tests, sessions with Jay, media training, etc.

So we have to wonder if certain girls are brought in with the express plan to cut them, especially when most relevent issues like memory and body type would already be revealed during auditions. And furthermore, wonder if girls like Meaghan F. & Vivian are brought in as "characters in a show" and not true DCC hopefuls.

I'm ridiculously late to the game here, but I like how the cuts add to the drama. It also makes the vets work harder for their spots.