Type keyword(s) to search

Moonshine - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Premiering September 14, 2021 on CBC. Drama about a dysfunctional family fighting for control of the family business. 

Now, all the articles I can find about the show describe it as a "ramshackled resort", but the ads I've seen make it seem a little more... nefarious. Either way, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what to make of that. I really like the actors but the characters ... I''m not sure if I like any of them, they're too much caricatures than actual people. The music is spot on though.

Edited by statsgirl
'stop' is not the same as 'stop'.
On 9/18/2021 at 11:19 AM, The Crazed Spruce said:

What can I say? I'm an optimist.

Still optimistic?

They're more fleshed out but I don't understand why all these people hate each other. Why is it okay with  the parents that their kids are at each other like that.

I do like Crystal and the depressed son. I'm glad the goat survived the floating sheep was much better.

I'm glad that I hung with it. Episode 4 started to get better (I was very glad when the sisters stopped fighting), I really enjoyed episode 5, and then binged the next 2 and now I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm on the second ep. Not sure about it. I hate the daughter. Would have shipped her off with the father.

I don't believe the guy growing the mushrooms would be so dumb as to just show his crop to a stranger. I get he's dumb but that just seems too much. 

I don't like stories where a big part of it is lying and hiding things so I'm not sure how long I'll last.

It reminds me of a lighter version of Bloodlines. 

ETA everyone was unlikable in that show too lol.

Edited by cleo
  • Like 1

Episode 2x1 The Three Sisters of Fate

When a mysterious package arrives at the Moonshine, it makes the Finley-Cullens question their fates and whether the road to their destinies begin -- or end -- at the Moonshine.

I started season 2 but will probably bail. It's too dumb.

Lydia partners with Gail but then decides to steal money from him AND a burner phone and then start taking calls from it?

The character isn't supposed to be that dumb.

The older parents- the mother continues to be awful. She wants to retire but her husband doesn't andnshe refuses to consider that and basically forces him to do other things he doesn't want to. Like why? Let him work if he wants to.

Then what really stopped me- they're brining Crystal's.mom back and she's abusive to her daughter and just miserable and I just don't need to watch that.

It's a shame bc the characters are mostly good, but the stupidity of the plots, and some of the abusive behaviour makes it hard to stay with it. 

• Like 1

Moonshine is a Canadian television comedy/drama series, which aired in September 2021, on CBC Television Currently on it's 3rd, 8 episode season. 

An epic tale of lust, legacy and lobster, is set against the backdrop of financial hardship, small-town intrigue and a long-buried secret that threatens to annihilate the Finley-Cullens once and for all. Bea and Ken Finley-Cullen, owners of The Moonshine, have a little slice of paradise that is starting to become a nightmare -- if only they could decide which of their flawed brood is fit to take over the business. Lidia, an architect and the eldest sibling, wants to redevelop and exploit the valuable coastal property. Lidia's younger sister Rhian sees The Moonshine as her own chance to shine. Other family members include Nora, the sexy local DJ who knows all the family secrets; Sammy, Lidia's musically gifted adopted brother who holds secrets of his own; and aging party boy Ryan, who is Rhian's twin and is running his own business out of the resort.

S01.E01: Standby Out of Newark
MV5BZDc2YThiNjUtNjU5ZC00MDU3LTg3ZjYtMzQ4
WELCOME TO THE MOONSHINE – When Lidia (Jennifer Finnigan), the eldest of the dysfunctional Finley-Cullen clan, returns home from New York for her aunt’s funeral, her whole life is torn down in a weekend. Her marriage implodes, her kids turn on her, and a surprise inheritance kicks off a family feud with her rival sister. There’s only one rational move – leave. Instead, Lidia doubles down. She’s going to stay and she’s going to make her new life work (or die trying) .

Premiere Date: July 7, 2023    CW     9pm 

S01.E02: Escape Goat
MV5BZTA4MjhkMDctODdkMC00ODBjLWJmZjItODJk
GLAMP IT UP – The annual Goat Roast is here: a free-love, greet-the-first-summer-sunrise bash, complete with a sin-eating goat. When Lidia (Jennifer Finnigan) takes the reins of this year’s event, insisting on a glamp-y upgrade and a fancy new name (Goddess Fest), Rhian (Anastasia Phillips) draws a bloody line in the sand. This is war. A war that ends with an angry goat, a severed finger and the family business on the brink of ruin.

Premiere Date: July 14, 2023    CW     9pm 

S01.E03: There Is No I In Denial
MV5BMzY1NDAxOWYtMzAyNy00ZjYwLTgxNTgtZDI2
REELING IN THE AFTERMATH – The aftermath of the Goddessfest finds Rhian (Anastasia Phillips) on the warpath, still reeling over the loss of her finger and the revelation that her husband Terry (James Gilbert) has been sleeping with her sister Nora (Emma Hunter). As Lidia (Jennifer Finnigan) watches Rhian exact revenge on various members of the family, she wonders whether she’s next.

Premiere Date: July 21, 2023    CW     9pm