Type keyword(s) to search

S2.E09: U Is for U.F.O.

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

For S02.E09, the episode’s title is 'U Is for U.F.O.'

Leland’s goat curry! 😱

RIP Demon/Goat Therapist…

Did Leland kill the DGT to prove himself to “the Manager” or just because he is unhinged?

Will there be any consequences on Sheryl’s inner soul/inner demon after eating that DGT’s curry?

1C5F2DD0-D536-449C-878D-8074948CF58B.jpeg

• Love 8

Well the episode is about UFO and government conspiracy so I blame that for the title of the episode being wrong.  

It looks like Leland and Sheryl are back together again.   And yeah Leland just beheading the goat demon shrink was crazy.  Now I am curious who the manager is.  

And yeah goat curry…..

It’s nice that Kristen and David are at least talking even if it is on half truths and riddles.   I can see Kristen’s world view of “I hate people” making her bitter and angry but at the same time sad and her job isn’t exactly helping when they just outright pay off people to shut down her investigation.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

I'm guessing it was on purpose since it was a UFO episode, but it felt too X-files-y to me with the conspiracies and quick recants by the witnesses and no answers.

I was expecting Kristen to say something about David being happy to see her when they hugged.

• Love 2

Okay, so Leland chopped off the goat therapist's head and then was feeding it to Sheryl, so...what, does that mean the goat therapist was real? Or was it imaginary, and he was inspired to find a random goat afterward and kill it and prepare it for dinner? 

And that ending...on the one hand, I'm curious to see what Sheryl has planned with Leland, 'cause she looks ready to fight him if need be, but I also don't trust her motives in general, so I'm nervous, too...it's an odd place to be right now, with those two. And if Leland's supposed vision is matching with the image David saw, then, yeah, curious what that means, too. Especially given goat therapist's implication that Leland may actually legitimately be looking for help, even if he doesn't fully realize or want to acknowledge it. 

5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I can see Kristen’s world view of “I hate people” making her bitter and angry but at the same time sad and her job isn’t exactly helping when they just outright pay off people to shit down her investigation.    

Exactly. I wonder if this investigation, or some element of it, will rear its head again at some point, 'cause man, the Church seemed mighty quick to shut down everything and stop that trip (and there was the mention of CongoRun - sure, they denied any role in this, but that doesn't automatically mean they were telling the truth). Especially once David caught sight of the brochure for the fertility clinic. The fact that the witnesses were women, just like the exorcisms they'd dealt with last season involved women, which is what led the team to realize they were all connected to that clinic that there was a brochure for here...I'm thinking that can't be a coincidence. Kristen's theory that the women weren't being taken seriously precisely because they were women seems to tie into that as well. 

On a lighter note, though, Asha's admission that she was smoking a lot of weed the night she saw the U.F.O. cracked me up XD. And I liked the team having a fun, goofy moment together at the end. I'm glad they're going to look further into that clinic, 'cause I've been wondering what else they could learn about that all season, so it's good to see them circling back around to that storyline now. Very anxious to see what they'll reveal from that. 

(I did love the thought of the team going to Rome, though - wonder if there'll ever be a day when they do get to do that. That could be a lot of fun.)

I also sympathize with Kristen's feelings about people in general, because, yeah, certainly easy to feel that way of late, given all the craziness in the world. David's also right about how Americans have a big problem with apologizing, and how that makes it hard for us to actually acknowledge and confront our problems and bad behavior and whatnot. Kristen telling David she'd miss him if he became a priest - obviously, there seemed to be that romantic implication there, given the history between them thus far, but it did have me wondering how his being a priest would impact his job with Kristen and Ben, and his relationship with them in general, going forward. It would be a significant shift, and I do like that that's being acknowledged to some degree. 

Course, there was also Leland's suggestion to Kristen way back at the start of this season about wanting her to help him lure David away from the priesthood/church. One could read Kristen's comments to David in that context as well, which makes them more troubling. 

As for everything at home, of course it would be Sheryl who shows the girls the video of their mom beating up that guy at the store. I'm all for Kristen teaching her daughters to be assertive and independent, but, yeah, that's...not exactly the best example of that to put forward, as they saw with Laura (and I actually gasped at the reveal that Laura cursed!). I'm also wary of Andy's planned final trip to shut down the business - I've been bracing for something to happen to him for some time now, and that seems to be telegraphing that possibility pretty damn hard. So, yeah. That could get interesting. 

Seems like they're setting up quite a few pieces to put in play in these remaining episodes - things are about to get really wild, me thinks. 

• Love 9

David’s dream! 😳 Watching this show, I’ve realized just how boring my dreams are, no matter how interesting I might have thought they are. 

And a big thank you to SnazzyDaisy for keeping my nightmares alive with her weekly morbid pics. 😙

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ferjy said:

David’s dream! 😳 Watching this show, I’ve realized just how boring my dreams are, no matter how interesting I might have thought they are. 

Right? No wonder these guys are all having trouble sleeping or focusing much of the time - creepy visions, freaky night terrors, nightmares....there's some dark, dark stuff rattling around in their heads. 

• Love 7

Lots of chatter with girls this week. I know it annoys some, but I love the scenes. Maybe because having lived through it (not 4, thank God), it’s gratifying to see others suffering through it. 😉

Little girls really are like that though. Boys tend to be (verbally) quieter. I’d hear my son and daughter playing upstairs:

Daughter: “Blah, blah, blah!” (at high decibel)

Son responding: “Murr, mmm, murm.” (inaudible mumbling)

“Blah, blah, blah!”

“Murr, mmm, murm.” 

“Blah, blah, blah!”

“Murr, mmm, murm.”  

Had to chuckle every time. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2021 at 7:57 PM, saoirse said:

Dropping Sunday, September 19, 2021.

8 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Confused because S2 E09 dropped today and it's "U for U.F.O."

Well saoirse is right, “T Is for Temporoparietal Lobes” is dropping Sep 19th, she just skipped a week! 😃

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

(I did love the thought of the team going to Rome, though - wonder if there'll ever be a day when they do get to do that. That could be a lot of fun.)

I did too and was hoping it would be in the next episode, then they nixed it! 🙁

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I can see Kristen’s world view of “I hate people” making her bitter and angry but at the same time sad and her job isn’t exactly helping when they just outright pay off people to shut down her investigation.    

When you think about it, she had a point about people not really wanting to do good. I think I’ll stop thinking about it before it depresses me. 😃

• LOL 4
59 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

... and he was inspired to find a random goat afterward and kill it and prepare it for dinner? 

Or it’s just in Leland’s head and the meat is just beef. I mean, how many people eat goat that they would know the difference? 😄

• Love 3

They have been pushing the T is for episode around (originally it was listed as the 7th episode), and when I posted this ep topic last Monday, they listed the next episode as being dropped on the 19th. You'd think they could be planning this out better on streaming services, but nooooooo! :)

• Love 3

If I recall rightly, the "T is for..." title was actually supposed to be the original title for last week's episode, but for some reason they changed it. I haven't seen any listing or mention of any of the upcoming titles for the final batch of episodes anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, ferjy said:

Or it’s just in Leland’s head and the meat is just beef. I mean, how many people eat goat that they would know the difference? 😄

True :p. I also saw someone over at the "Evil" subreddit suggest he was cooking human body parts, which...ew, but also, wouldn't put it past him. Especially considering Kristen's vision in the last episode where she went to find David only to see Leland gnawing on his arm. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

If I recall rightly, the "T is for..." title was actually supposed to be the original title for last week's episode, but for some reason they changed it. I haven't seen any listing or mention of any of the upcoming titles for the final batch of episodes anywhere. 

True :p. I also saw someone over at the "Evil" subreddit suggest he was cooking human body parts, which...ew, but also, wouldn't put it past him. Especially considering Kristen's vision in the last episode where she went to find David only to see Leland gnawing on his arm. 

So the shrink could have been human and only Leland saw him as a beast. And Leland is serving up the shrink. Bon Appetit, Sheryl! 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ferjy said:

So the shrink could have been human and only Leland saw him as a beast. And Leland is serving up the shrink. Bon Appetit, Sheryl!

That would be disappointing if that's the case. I like that it feels like what we see is what we get, even all the crazy stuff that isn't clearly dreams, that all this really exists in this world. And haven't others seen the goat man too? I think Lexie and David (in dreams) have.

Edited by Nellise
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

For S02.E09, the episode’s title is 'U Is for U.F.O.'

Leland’s goat curry! 😱

RIP Demon/Goat Therapist…

Did Leland kill the DGT to prove himself to “the Manager” or just because he is unhinged?

Will there be any consequences on Sheryl’s inner soul/inner demon after eating that DGT’s curry?

1C5F2DD0-D536-449C-878D-8074948CF58B.jpeg

I knew that he was going to serve goat, when Sheryl showed up for dinner. I wonder what he's planning to do with her. 

So he really saw an angel? Or was he winding David up again? 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I thought of that, too. Gross, and creepy.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Nellise said:

That would be disappointing if that's the case. I like that it feels like what we see is what we get, even all the crazy stuff that isn't clearly dreams, that all this really exists in this world. And haven't others seen the goat man too? I think Lexie and David (in dreams) have.

But it’s iffy with Leland. He’s a master liar, and batty to boot. You never know what you’re getting with Leland. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they are human parts he’s simmering in the pot. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Anela said:

His drawing did look quite similar to David's drawing of the angel...but of course, since David's been his "sponsor", as it were, of late, there's been plenty of opportunity for him to see that drawing at some point and learn how to describe and draw it. 

On that note, by the way, I love how David handled Leland when he came over late at night. David's eye rolls at Leland's behavior were hilarious and amazing :D. He is just so beyond done with him and his nonsense, I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ferjy said:

But it’s iffy with Leland. He’s a master liar, and batty to boot. You never know what you’re getting with Leland. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they are human parts he’s simmering in the pot. 

I agree that Leland the character is a liar to other characters, but I don't want the show to be a liar to the viewers. 

1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

His drawing did look quite similar to David's drawing of the angel...but of course, since David's been his "sponsor", as it were, of late, there's been plenty of opportunity for him to see that drawing at some point and learn how to describe and draw it. 

On that note, by the way, I love how David handled Leland when he came over late at night. David's eye rolls at Leland's behavior were hilarious and amazing :D. He is just so beyond done with him and his nonsense, I love it. 

I thought that's what the part about the computer was showing: that Leland was spying on David and could see things that David thought were private so that David can't trust Leland even more.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ferjy said:

And a big thank you to SnazzyDaisy for keeping my nightmares alive with her weekly morbid pics. 😙

You’re welcome Ferjy! This is EVIL, we need stimulating evidence to spice things up… 😘

26 minutes ago, Anela said:

This is the same Archangel that we saw in episode 02 right? 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

You’re welcome Ferjy! This is EVIL, we need stimulating evidence to spice things up… 😘

This is the same Archangel that we saw in episode 02 right? 

Yes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ferjy said:

So the shrink could have been human and only Leland saw him as a beast. And Leland is serving up the shrink.

This would make sense with DGT mocking Leland by suggesting he brought "animal blood" and Leland correcting with "No, human blood, yours."  right before cutting off his head.  I was thinking that whatever blood he had, it wouldn't be classified as human...

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

I distinctly remember Sheryl saying to Leland in a irritated moment something like: 'You think you're the first Demon I've ever met". And being shocked at that, and then never really followed up on it. And what's the thing with the doll she makes sacrifices to? I'm sorry. I guess I'm not following this show closely enough. Or are they being vague on purpose?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

A Month.

David will be ordained in a month. He's still seeing Kristen in his "visions".

Andy is leaving for a month, shutting down their trekking company in Colorado.

Is this a coincidence? Probably not.

Remember Laura's completely healed valve and Andy's mantra when he offered his life in exchange for Laura's in S01.E12? Will we be seeing the true value of that "give & take" mantra soon?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114ecc9ddac1906365d5giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e8d0bbe6388678ecbf

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

It's a shame Leland killed and ate his demon goat therapist cause I found him hilarious. I guess this means he really existed and wasn't all in Leland's head? Sheryl and Leland together again is not good, unless she's messing with him somehow, which I think she might be because she's still got her shrine to creepy Eddy.

That guy from the Vatican is definitely shady, being so quick to shut down the trip to Rome and having the brochure from the fertility clinic. I'm glad David, Kristen, and Ben are going to conduct their own investigation into the clinic; that'll be interesting to watch.

David was a bit shook up by his dream and how he saw himself in bed with Kristen. And there was definitely some flirting going on while they were talking one-on-one. I think she was being sincere when she told him she'd miss him if he becomes a priest, though there's the possibility that whatever evil is in her might be tempting him away from the church as some people have speculated. It's interesting that when listing people she liked, she included her daughters, David, and Ben, but not Andy. I have a feeling Andy won't be returning from his trip.

Edited by phalange
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ferjy said:

Noooo! I hate the gory parts and avoid looking at the screen during a lot of it, like this episode when he cut off the goat's head and then all the gross stuff in the kitchen. And I adore Michael Emerson--he was my initial reason for watching the show--but I don't want those images in my head!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, phalange said:

David was a bit shook up by his dream and how he saw himself in bed with Kristen. And there was definitely some flirting going on while they were talking one-on-one. I think she was being sincere when she told him she'd miss him if he becomes a priest, though there's the possibility that whatever evil is in her might be tempting him away from the church as some people have speculated. It's interesting that when listing people she liked, she included her daughters, David, and Ben, but not Andy. I have a feeling Andy won't be returning from his trip.

Won't be returning to Kristen or won't be returning at all? It would be so easy for him to have an accident, either a real accident or an engineered one. 

Do we know the titles/letters for the rest of the season? Because I have a new, improved theory for what the episode titles mean, and I want to see if it works...

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, AmigaJoe said:

I distinctly remember Sheryl saying to Leland in a irritated moment something like: 'You think you're the first Demon I've ever met". And being shocked at that, and then never really followed up on it. And what's the thing with the doll she makes sacrifices to? I'm sorry. I guess I'm not following this show closely enough. Or are they being vague on purpose?

They are being vague on purpose but are also showing that Sheryl has some darkness to her.   The doll she is sacrifing to has appeared on a few episodes this season and is named “Eddie” bit to what the doll actually means has not been explained.

the same with the Goat Therapist.   I think it can go either way depending on how you are interpreting the show in general.   If you watch it because it dispels all supernatural evil then Leland is just evil and crazy.  But if you see bits and pieces of actual supernatural peeking through then the Goat Therapist can be part of that.   There is real and true evil peaking through but what It means has not been fully explored yet.  

I think Kristen was being sincere when she said she would miss David.  I think it was hinted at that once David takes his vows he won’t be an assessor anymore.   All the assessors are by design “secular” so they can be non judgmental on what they find.    If David is a priest he will probably be replaced by someone else.  I think the show is essentially asking “What is David’s calling?”  Is it the priesthood where he will be severely limited/controlled  or is it being the voice of faith while assessing possible miracles where he has free reign to confront the evil of the world?  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/13/2021 at 3:44 AM, Annber03 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did serve human body parts; the raw meat we saw in his kitchen didn't look like goat.

I feel like there's more to the vision of David and Kristen together in bed.  It's a quick shot, but could be about a lot of things - is it the connection to her, either platonic or sexual?  Is it about desire?  Or is it a temptation not to go forward with being ordained?  And since Kristen has had this new dark side emerging, is the temptation just about wanting a secular life, or is it something more sinister - through her - trying to lure him? The look in her eyes seems telling, but I'm not sure what it's telling.

• Love 2
On 9/12/2021 at 8:09 PM, ferjy said:

Lots of chatter with girls this week. I know it annoys some, but I love the scenes. Maybe because having lived through it (not 4, thank God), it’s gratifying to see others suffering through it. 😉

I love it too! I just feel they are some of the most realistic kids I've seen on TV, and the chattering is definitely part of that. And honestly, if you're around it a lot you kinda tune it out. Plus I still just think they're adorable children, so.

I will miss the goat demon therapist! I especially loved his taking down notes when Leland joked about being saved by Christ.

I don't want Andy to die, though I know that's the most likely scenario. :( 

Oh, the part I laughed at most of all was when Ben asked if the Rome trip is all expenses paid and that guy just gave the most sardonic 'ha ha ha's.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, LADreamr said:

I feel like there's more to the vision of David and Kristen together in bed.  It's a quick shot, but could be about a lot of things - is it the connection to her, either platonic or sexual?  Is it about desire?  Or is it a temptation not to go forward with being ordained?  And since Kristen has had this new dark side emerging, is the temptation just about wanting a secular life, or is it something more sinister - through her - trying to lure him? The look in her eyes seems telling, but I'm not sure what it's telling.

That was David’s vision, correct? I wonder how he’s processing that. It’s not the first sexual/sensual dream he’s had about Kristen. 

And that shot was beautiful, but Michael Colter is a big dude. His body was completely splayed over Katja’s, and all I kept thinking was that he was crushing her. 

And I love the hug they shared—IRL. It was tender and mostly platonic but also insanely not. I’m glad no one tried to go in for a kiss, though. That would have ruined the moment. 

On 9/13/2021 at 2:27 AM, Scout Finch said:

Noooo! I hate the gory parts and avoid looking at the screen during a lot of it, like this episode when he cut off the goat's head and then all the gross stuff in the kitchen. And I adore Michael Emerson--he was my initial reason for watching the show--but I don't want those images in my head!

Yes, some parts of this episode were truly scary. But for me, the scariest scenes from this show are in the episodes when Ben gets scared. I’d argue that he’s the most grounded, stable member of the group. So when he’s freaking out, I get freaked out. 

• Love 6

So creepy Grandma was ready to offer Leland "just a pint" of blood? I wonder if bloodplay (ick) was something they'd done, or if he knew it was her blood she'd used to write on his office wall. 

And I think the reason why David will get ordained is because when Kristen sat down with him and talked about how much she hates people, he acted as her confessor: he talked to her about the way people are and gave her a penance: apologize. (Which she did.) He also acted as confessor to Ben, and gave him penance (apologize to the Post Office!)

The three of them are all so lost now: as they were getting drunk and smelling the roses (literally), they seemed like two miserable people (Ben and Kristen) and one guy with faith (David), who is very angry at all he's seeing. And when they agreed to go after RSM, it was like they had SOMETHING that would keep them together.

Not sure how I feel about The Entity and the so-called government agent who visited Kristen. Yes, i veers into X-files territory, but I'll go with it. 

I feel bad for the AF officers who had to conceal what they saw, and lie about it to continue their careers. Sure, captain got paid off by having her flight privileges restored, but I'm sure it dinged her soul, so to speak. And the kid at Syracuse who's getting into MIT...she knows not to trust or believe in anyone now, and reality is for sale.

Also...Syracuse is a several hour drive from NYC, so Ben is either collecting lots of miles on a commuter airline, or he has a very very fast car.

...and, I hope I wasn't the only one who objected to the kid's teacher calling her a "liar." It was true that Kristen bopped that guy in the head with french fries. And rather than giving the child the chance to explain it, the teacher immediately assumed the kid was lying. Parochial schools!

I do wonder why the girls go to Catholic schools, but it makes sense logistically: four kids might go to 2 or 3 schools in NYC, and some of the public schools also have competitive admissions, so Kristen knows they are all at the same place all day.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Do you have to pay for Catholic school in the states? In Canada, at least where I live, we just pay regular school fees like the secular schools. If so, that could be why they live in such a crap seeming neighbourhood. And is it normal for 4 sisters of such different ages to share a bedroom that looks the size of a closet? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kwnyc said:

So creepy Grandma was ready to offer Leland "just a pint" of blood? I wonder if bloodplay (ick) was something they'd done, or if he knew it was her blood she'd used to write on his office wall. 

He did know it was her blood, yeah, or at least, he assumed it was here. He laughed at the idea that she would go to such lengths, and mentioned it when he'd come by to try and ask her to take him back earlier this season.

And I think the reason why David will get ordained is because when Kristen sat down with him and talked about how much she hates people, he acted as her confessor: he talked to her about the way people are and gave her a penance: apologize. (Which she did.) He also acted as confessor to Ben, and gave him penance (apologize to the Post Office!)

I like moments like that in this series, when we get to see examples of how and why David would be a good priest. I remember the episode from the first season, when he and that guy were held captive in that woman's basement, while she was raging at the other guy for the jokes he'd made during the Rwandan genocide. David did a great job of empathizing with her feelings while also trying to talk her down from her anger. Sadly, that case didn't end the way he'd hoped, but still, I really liked seeing how he tried to connect with her.

And then this season, when they had that case with the girl who had fires starting around her, and there was a heated debate when the priest and the imam were both there for the exorcism, David was the one who suggested they work together. 

Then there's his talks with Kristen and Ben, and the fact that they're both willing to come to him with their concerns and fears and questions. It's a great way to show this side of David and his character, and to see how his training and his religious study and his beliefs influence and inspire him when it comes to trying to help other people. 

And in moments like when he was so exasperated with Leland's over the top behavior, I can see elements of Sister Andrea's "no BS" attitude rubbing off on him :D. I like that about him, too - he's compassionate and thoughtful and caring, but he also doesn't suffer fools gladly, and he will stand up for and defend himself, his friends, and what he believes to be right and just if needed. 

Anywho, yeah, I just really appreciate the way the show explores that aspect of his character, especially in the quieter moments and scenes. 

The three of them are all so lost now: as they were getting drunk and smelling the roses (literally), they seemed like two miserable people (Ben and Kristen) and one guy with faith (David), who is very angry at all he's seeing. And when they agreed to go after RSM, it was like they had SOMETHING that would keep them together.

I like the way you put this. I can definitely see that. It makes sense they've been so scattered and distant in a lot of ways this season - Leland's been trying to mess with all of them, knowing that if they aren't a united front, it'll be easier for him and other bad people to break through and do whatever awful things they have planned. And then there's David getting ready to be a priest, Kristen with her fallout from LeRoux, and Ben struggling with his own insecurities - they're all not in a great headspace individually, so it's harder for them to connect to each other the way they did last season. Their balance has been messed with and thrown off. 

But yeah, I really like the idea of this investigation being what connects them and hopefully ultimately brings them back together. And if/when they do open up to each other about their darkest secrets and struggles, it'd be interesting to see how that would affect their relationship with each other as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 9/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, christie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did serve human body parts; the raw meat we saw in his kitchen didn't look like goat.

I like this theory, but there was a huge, hairy, goat leg upside down his kitchen, with goat claws and everything. But it could be all in his mind.

Is it  just me, or were they implying Andy is having an affair? He was talking suspiciously on the phone with someone and got all jittery and jumpy when Kristen showed up.

Don't get me started on next week's preview.  Why were Leland and some other guy carrying an unconscious Sheryl? Human sacrifice?

This show is INSANE. I love it!

Edited by Norma Desmond
  • Love 6
On 9/12/2021 at 9:34 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

I was a little disappointed in the lack of maggot pics, however. That would have kept me up all night squirming!

Edited by ferjy
  • LOL 2
On 9/15/2021 at 3:30 PM, SherriAnt said:

And is it normal for 4 sisters of such different ages to share a bedroom that looks the size of a closet? 

Sure it is. We’ve just become too accustomed to the unrealistic trope on TV of every family living in a huge multi-million dollar home with each kid having their own room. It’s not like that in real life. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, jenn31 said:

Sure it is. We’ve just become too accustomed to the unrealistic trope on TV of every family living in a huge multi-million dollar home with each kid having their own room. It’s not like that in real life. 

But still, wouldn't that house have more than just two bedrooms? It seems quite big.

• Like 1

I’ve always thought the goat therapist was just in Leland’s mind and he wasn’t actually taking to anyone. 🤷‍♀️ There have always been strange unexplained things lurking around in the episodes even when the main mysteries have always been explained, but for the show to take a hard line that Leland really truly was having therapy sessions with a goat demon seems way over the top and just makes everything about this show silly. It also wouldn’t make any sense for him to say that the goat had human blood. I just hope the show actually gives answers at some point.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

But still, wouldn't that house have more than just two bedrooms? It seems quite big.

Probably 3 bedrooms and maybe one used as an office for their business or a study. Although it’s most likely more so we get to see the chaos of rearing four girls, hence the overlapping chatter all the time. And there are advantages to sleeping in one room. Have they had a decent pillow fight yet? 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, ferjy said:

Probably 3 bedrooms and maybe one used as an office for their business or a study. Although it’s most likely more so we get to see the chaos of rearing four girls, hence the overlapping chatter all the time. And there are advantages to sleeping in one room. Have they had a decent pillow fight yet? 

The shed in the backyard, where Sheryl (and Eddie) are currently residing, is the office. So I guess we'll go with plot convenience! 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

The shed in the backyard, where Sheryl (and Eddie) are currently residing, is the office. So I guess we'll go with plot convenience! 

Oh right. I was remembering it as a guest cottage because Sheryl (and EddieMyEddie, lol) was staying there, so we can make the third room in the house a guest room. 😁

Edited by ferjy
  • Love 1

Do you have to pay for Catholic school in the states? 

Yes. It's become quite costly for parishes, and there's a huge outcry every time the diocese closes a school. But parochial schools are considered a reasonable alternative for non-Catholics who don't want to send their kids to public school. Back when there were actually nuns in the American church (there are hardly any left, and they are aging), they taught for free. Now, the schools have to pay lay teachers, and that drives up their expenses.

Also: I grew up in a house in a city, and at one point shared my bedroom with all 3 of my sisters!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/19/2021 at 8:12 AM, Scout Finch said:

That's what I mean. The girls room seriously looks the size of a walk in closet, but the master looks normal. They don't need a mansion, but how about 2 bedrooms, at least. 

• Love 1