Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls

• Start Topic

On 9/15/2021 at 11:28 PM, Pattycake2 said:

Malia being sent under the yacht seemed like a total set up.  Did anyone catch the little adoring look captain sandy gave Malia as she dove?  Part of the Malia/sandy rehabilitation effort.  I’m not buying it.

As bosun, I think Malia was the right person to send under the boat to check out the lines and rotors.  BUT, if there was nothing wrong under the boat why did the alarms go off? They never followed up and explained; thus I fully believe it was Capt. Sandy's fault for zigging when she should have zagged; or something...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

How did Lexi sleep in the van for over 2 hours and then when she got to the table they were just getting their entrees?   Was she drinking as much as Mzi?   You would have thought she slept some of it off.  Calling someone an R" word is never okay.  Was Llyod having PTSD with all the mean remarks flying around?

I was wondering that myself.  Either she didn't actually sleep that long or idk maybe everyone else sat around and drank or wandered around before they sat down to eat.  *shrug*

I don't know if Lexi was drinking as much as Mzi but maybe she just wanted to take a break from them and fell asleep...idk.  David seemed like he was sleeping a lot as well but I figured he probably didn't sleep well the night before because of his leg injury.

Using the R word was not ok and then saying his parents should have aborted him was wrong on sooo many levels.  This is what I've noticed about Lexi--when hits back with guns ablazin'.   The night before when they were all sitting in the galley talking and Lexi tried to extend an olive branch to Mat saying he was a good chef, Mzi & Mat kinda shut her down.  They were throwing jabs at her and she shoots back with a machine gun!  

IDK what was going on with Lloyd, he seemed very uncomfortable being there.  I wonder if the fighting was triggering him.  If you watched the subtitles when Malia was talking to him about it he mentioned something about a mental illness.....*shrug* I wish more was said about it....

Did anyone see Watch What Happens with Andy afterwards?  Delanie was on there with annoying ass Jerry O'Connell.  He did most of the talking but Delanie looked very pretty and she still seems to have a good attitude about what went down.  

• Love 2
On 9/15/2021 at 10:46 AM, Xebug67 said:

In theory, Delaney SHOULD be pretty, but there's something "off" about her face that makes her NOT pretty IMO. 

During her discussion with Katie she made the most ridiculous faces

IMG-9597.JPG

IMG-9598.JPG

• LOL 4
On 9/17/2021 at 1:59 PM, phoenix780 said:

With respect to Katie, I agree she's a crap manager, but did she really refuse to punish Lexie? From what I remember, she tried to bring it up and Sandy shut her down hard, then they had some conversation about second chances and whatnot. I feel like Sandy's at fault for all of the drama- including whatever Delaney did wrong on deck. Who puts someone in that position as, like, a make-a-wish kind of moment? 

YES! From the start, Sandy shut down Katie and never even let Katie tell her about the first night. Instead she invited Lexi right in when it should have been a discussion with just Katie first. Katie has always tried to look out for the boat as a whole and was trying to avoid the toxic situation that they ended up with. Sandy was all about not firing someone (maybe because she was trying to avoid all the Hannah backlash?) and once again does the absolutely wrong thing. She micromanages and yells at the wrong people and times. While I think Katie needs to build some confidence and harder edges to be a great chief stew, I actually think she does a generally good job. She wants to work with the right team that gels and builds the whole group up. Meanwhile Sandy tries to also be buddy buddy and always chooses the worst person to be buds with on every charter. And then ignores all the ones who are doing all the extra work. 

I'm only seeing Lexie's behavior on the show, not really interested in her outside of her role as a character here, and I think she's awful. That said, something about Mat going for her also makes me uncomfortable. I appreciated Courtney yelling at both of them (she might be a good manager one day, imho, because she didn't pick a side even though Lexie's incompetence arguably affects her the most directly). 

I agree - I think Courtney will make a great manager for that very reason. She is willing to shut it down. You know Kate would have shut that down and yet it was always the deckies or Courtney trying to deescalate any Lexi or Mat situation. 

• Love 10
On 9/22/2021 at 9:18 AM, slaterain said:

YES! From the start, Sandy shut down Katie and never even let Katie tell her about the first night. Instead she invited Lexi right in when it should have been a discussion with just Katie first. Katie has always tried to look out for the boat as a whole and was trying to avoid the toxic situation that they ended up with. Sandy was all about not firing someone (maybe because she was trying to avoid all the Hannah backlash?) and once again does the absolutely wrong thing. She micromanages and yells at the wrong people and times. While I think Katie needs to build some confidence and harder edges to be a great chief stew, I actually think she does a generally good job. She wants to work with the right team that gels and builds the whole group up. Meanwhile Sandy tries to also be buddy buddy and always chooses the worst person to be buds with on every charter. And then ignores all the ones who are doing all the extra work. 

I've got to disagree. I think in this situation Sandy was being the opposite of the micro-manager she's always accused of being. She left it up to the head of the department. It's not Sandy's fault that the HoD dithered around wanting to make everyone happy instead of doing her job.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2021 at 7:05 PM, Grrarrggh said:

I've got to disagree. I think in this situation Sandy was being the opposite of the micro-manager she's always accused of being. She left it up to the head of the department. It's not Sandy's fault that the HoD dithered around wanting to make everyone happy instead of doing her job.

I see your point too and agree that Sandy wasn't micromanaging in that one instance - however at the beginning she basically negated any of Katie's concerns and didn't listen. So why would Katie feel like she could really talk with her about it or get any support? I feel like Sandy intervenes/micromanages when it isn't necessary and tends to miss when it is. She somehow always manages to like the most hated crew member because they suck up to her. At least she finally fired Lexi, which I think Katie would have done after the first night as it was evident how toxic she was to the whole crew. 

• Love 1
On 9/7/2021 at 6:55 AM, Emmeline said:

How in the world can these people literally drink themselves under the table and then work a laborious job the next day?  Mzi could barely stand or walk and then continued to do shots.  Not that the others seemed much better off.  I didn’t find it funny, just sad.

Isn't there more of this now than before?  I watched the first few seasons, then fell off it.  Watching this episode by chance today, it just seems like really trashy tee-vee.  Only newly bleach-blonde Sandy and the Machiavellian Malia are still standing from the crew I remember...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Isn't there more of this now than before?  I watched the first few seasons, then fell off it.  Watching this episode by chance today, it just seems like really trashy tee-vee.  Only newly bleach-blonde Sandy and the Machiavellian Malia are still standing from the crew I remember...

I agree with you.  I don’t remember the crew getting this snockered on the boat.  Of course this may be because of covid.  While they went out for dinner to eat and drink, I don’t think they could go to any bars, etc.  so that leaves only the boat to party on.

47 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I agree with you.  I don’t remember the crew getting this snockered on the boat.  Of course this may be because of covid.  While they went out for dinner to eat and drink, I don’t think they could go to any bars, etc.  so that leaves only the boat to party on.

I'm surprised no one has died of alcohol poisoning or fallen off the boat the next day (you still have a high blood level for 24 hours).  Overall, they just seem less mature and professional than I remember, but then I've gotten older!

Also, sorry to be obtuse, but what is "the R word"?

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

I'm surprised no one has died of alcohol poisoning or fallen off the boat the next day (you still have a high blood level for 24 hours).  Overall, they just seem less mature and professional than I remember, but then I've gotten older!

Also, sorry to be obtuse, but what is "the R word"?

I have always wondered how none of the crew has had to have emergency services called to the boat, their large, unhuman capacity for alcohol must be a requirement for employment on this show.

The "R" word is r*******, we don't use that word anymore.

Lexi used the "R" word as an insult which only proved not only is she offensive but a dumbass as well, we can still use the word "dumbass."