Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Vaxxed and Waxed

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, auntjess said:

OK, I admit that I haven't been paying much attention, but isn't their relationship student and tutor, or was it a dating site they're on?

Are you not aware that EVERY man who lays eyes on hWit wants to bed her?? Why, she's the most desirable woman since Cleopatra!!! He may think he's just her tutor but she's got him in the bag.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, auntjess said:

OK, I admit that I haven't been paying much attention, but isn't their relationship student and tutor, or was it a dating site they're on?

Supposedly he's her french tutor that she met on a language site or something, although on the most recent episode she said they met on a forum.  But we're supposed to believe this new fake  relationship because Twit's convinced it's real. 

• Love 4

Soooo first of all, did ya'll Whit tell the other fatties that she weighs 320 now? So she lost 60 pounds since the show started because she used to be 380? I guess Buddy's salads must have paid off. 

She really thinks these phone conversations are actual dates! How sad is this. Whitney needs lots of therapy. She more delusional about men than ever and seems to be digressing back in to puberty. She's always been immature but she is approaching a whole other level now. Giggling on the phone and asking Frenchie if he wants to get married and pushing him to commit to meeting up is not something a woman approaching 40 does. She knows no boundaries. 

It also seems that her group of besties is not being shown much this season and with Buddy moving out I wonder if that's it for his time on the show. Interesting. We are left with a whole lot of Whitney doing her talking heads and the audience having to listen/watch her phone calls with invisible Frenchie which is not enough to sustain a one hour reality show. Has her head gotten so big that she thinks she can carry the show mostly by herself? Something in the dynamic has changed and it all feels so off to me. 

Also, enough with the aging parents and their physical limitations.  Leave them alone. Again, that doesn't belong on this show about a big fat  obnoxious woman and her Big Fat Fabulous Life. 

Lastly, why is there never a word of French spoken with the tutor? Not a single word.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

But old folks (of which I am one) also can be very good at denial - and as my PCP once told me in terms of how people are physically when they get older, "Everybody's different."

I think many older people wouldn't stop driving unless they were forced to. It's a terrible loss of independence, but you have to weigh that against posing a road danger.

Heck, I still think I'm 27 -- until I look in the mirror.

This. People are individuals. I know people (personally) who were frail and pitiful at 60. On the other hand,  there was a man at my gym who came in every day WELL INTO HIS 90s. In fact, we threw him a 100th birthday party at the gym. 

My body reminds me after every workout that I'm 73, not 23. I tell it to shut up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Refusing to reduce risks is common in seniors, because they resist change. Sadly, falls and fractures often lead to further decline. 

I don't disagree about balance issues, physical decline or resistance to change. To me, two people and three falls may be a cause for keeping an eye on things, but it isn't a pattern that requires major changes. That's not to say that there won't be cause for concern in the future and Glen even expressed openness to eventual changes. Right now, though, Whitney needs to stop badgering.

14 hours ago, princelina said:

so this random fat woman just goes out and rents a house and somehow finds other fat women to show up for a weekend of bonding and sharing? 

She's Annette of Fat Girls Traveling. Whitney said she follows the account and Annette reached out to her. It looks like a good group and I hope this exposure helps them spread their message.

14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

My father lived his life on his terms and in the end he was better off for it, I think.

This is just perfect. I think it's true for most people. It's lovely to see so many posts supporting respect for older peoples' decisions.

8 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

I thought it was so interesting how she’s asking these other women their age, relationship status, and what they do.

Yes. Even though I was interested in knowing those things, too, it seemed rude for Whitney to be asking. I was expecting the event organizer to try to stimulate conversation. If she hadn't, I think I would have said something about the space, the food, the weather, just something neutral to get the ball rolling. I'm guessing the producers wanted Whitney to prod in order to save filming time but, damn that was awkward.

6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It was just in the last episode that Babs could hardly move due to her back problems. She's had a stroke and she has fallen more than once. 

True. That's why I said "significant." In this episode we saw that the back problem has improved. And while Babs may not have reached Sophia Petrillo levels of stroke recovery, she's done very well. I think the only other fall was the recent one, which looked like a trip and fall. Been there, done that, in public, and very grateful it didn't happen on national television.

• Love 7

I also can't believe a woman, who is thirty fucking seven (3F7), actually wants to a) have housemates, or b) want her PARENTS to move in. My god. I lived with roommates in my early 20's, and at age 24, I said Never again (until I got married, of course- but I'm not saying I wanted to).

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I also can't believe a woman, who is thirty fucking seven (3F7), actually wants to a) have housemates, or b) want her PARENTS to move in. My god. I lived with roommates in my early 20's, and at age 24, I said Never again (until I got married, of course- but I'm not saying I wanted to).

Years and years and years ago, I remember reading an interview with Linda Ronstadt (whom I love dearly) in which she was asked why she had a roommate/roommates. She was already a superstar. She answered with something like, she liked having others around.

I suspect, though, she was way less needy - if at all - than W would be as a roommate.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Years and years and years ago, I remember reading an interview with Linda Ronstadt (whom I love dearly) in which she was asked why she had a roommate/roommates. She was already a superstar. She answered with something like, she liked having others around.

I suspect, though, she was way less needy - if at all - than W would be as a roommate.

I'm sure that's some of it, but I think in Whitney's case it also gets people close enough to her to turn them into errand boys. Everyone within shouting distance of that woman becomes her personal assistant. 

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She really thinks these phone conversations are actual dates! How sad is this. Whitney needs lots of therapy. She more delusional about men than ever and seems to be digressing back in to puberty. She's always been immature but she is approaching a whole other level now. Giggling on the phone and asking Frenchie if he wants to get married and pushing him to commit to meeting up is not something a woman approaching 40 does. She knows no boundaries. 

And what she's really doing is pushing him to buy plane tickets, take time out of his life and fly across the ocean - it's not meeting up for coffee 😃

30 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

She's Annette of Fat Girls Traveling. Whitney said she follows the account and Annette reached out to her. It looks like a good group and I hope this exposure helps them spread their message.

Ah I did not get that.  Thanks!  I had a look around her sites - this Annette has done more with her instagram account than Whit's done with almost a decade of her own tv show!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I love Linda Ronstadt too.  At least one roommate of hers was Nicolette Larson, my fave.

Off topic, please forgive, but Linda's version of "The Blue Train" circa 1996, backed by Dolly Parton and Emmylou Harris, is probably my favorite song of all time.  I hope Linda is doing well these days.  I think MS ended her singing voice a few years back, once described by Rolling Stone as the best set of white pipes ever.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, CainF said:

I love Linda Ronstadt too.  At least one roommate of hers was Nicolette Larson, my fave.

Off topic, please forgive, but Linda's version of "The Blue Train" circa 1996, backed by Dolly Parton and Emmylou Harris, is probably my favorite song of all time.  I hope Linda is doing well these days.  I think MS ended her singing voice a few years back, once described by Rolling Stone as the best set of white pipes ever.

Amen.  Prayers for Linda.  I’d be her roommate in a heartbeat. 💜

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amen.  Prayers for Linda.  I’d be her roommate in a heartbeat. 💜

Me, too!!
I so wish she was having easier later years. She has given the world so much joy.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 6

I thought I was prepared for how awkward that phone call was by everyone's descriptions, but it was sooooo cringe-worthy.  The Blur couldn't seem less interested and she's going on and on about visits and trying to sell him on North Carolina.  I'd be embarrassed for her, but she doesn't seem to be embarrassed for herself, so...

Also, Whitney so didn't want to be the oldest one at that get-together.  Not to mention all the other women seemed to have more fulfilling careers and social lives.

Lastly, another cringey moment was Whit trying to gloat to Will about her app and he couldn't really care less and pivoted back to the certification, which you can tell she doesn't really want to follow thru with.  Same old Whitney he knew from when he trained her.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought I was prepared for how awkward that phone call was by everyone's descriptions, but it was sooooo cringe-worthy.  The Blur couldn't seem less interested and she's going on and on about visits and trying to sell him on North Carolina.  I'd be embarrassed for her, but she doesn't seem to be embarrassed for herself, so...

She's not embarrassed because she knows what's coming up in the script - and that's for the blur to miraculously fall in LOVE with her by the end of the season despite acting like he could not care less about her.  Even Chase was more believable than this guy and he wasn't very believable!  They can't even find a guy to act convincing.  He's obviously only doing it for the money and knows she's desperate for his services so he's putting in as little effort as possible.  She can ignore that as long as he follows the script.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/7/2021 at 6:10 PM, Brooklynista said:

I'm starting to feel bad for ole Whitney. She is manufacturing a relationship out of literally nothing. This phantom man on the phone has zero interest in her but her ears are hearing something completely different. 

It's clear she lives a very lonely life and her thirst for companionship and intimacy is  embarrassing and I'm bothered none of her "friends" pull her coat.

I’m not sorry for Whitney one bit. She’s part of these sham storylines, after all. Had she stuck to the original premise of the show, she wouldn’t be in this big fat fake mess. 

I can’t wait for this show to be over and for Whitney to remember what normal life is like. I don’t think she’ll ever accept that she’s demanding, difficult, obnoxious, rude and offensive in her behaviour, but real life will get her started (like when she went to a PCOS conference and expected to be treated like a celebrity—they pretty much ignored her. She didn’t talk about that one too much!). 

I can’t believe this show is still even on. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 9/8/2021 at 8:46 AM, Yeah No said:

She is not wrong to be concerned but she needs to stop talking down to her parents like they are idiots now that they're older.  It shows a really repulsive lack of respect for them and for older people in general.  They know better than she does how to take care of themselves or they'd never have made it to their age without being wheelchair bound or worse like she will probably be if she even makes it to their age, which at this point is doubtful.  Unfortunately I don't see her letting it be any time soon.  In fact she will probably get worse and start forcing her will upon them like she's threatening to do by making over the downstairs bedroom, and that's regrettable.

Becoming her parents' caregiver will give her several advantages...  It will make her appear noble and selfless in the role of "good daughter"; it will give her an excuse to control people and boss them around, which she just loves do to; it will fill her empty days and require her to be with her parents or at least mother so she won't have to sit at home twiddling her thumbs alone; it will explain why she doesn't have a j-o-b or boyfriend or husband or children and/or can't exercise, lose weight, and become certified; she can stress over-eat without recrimination; maybe she would even earn money (some states pay family members to do this or maybe Glenn will pay her out of pocket or via a larger inheritence, one-upping her more successful (?) brother).  In short and in French, it will become her reason d'etre, and she cannot wait for that day, so is rushing things...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, CainF said:

I hope Linda is doing well these days.  I think MS ended her singing voice a few years back, once described by Rolling Stone as the best set of white pipes ever.

Parkinson's Disease.

14 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I wonder what her children are doing? They're adults now.  

I didn't think LR had ever married or had children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Oh my word the waxing scene. All those hairy strips looked like she was waxing Bigfoot or something. Hope she got hazard pay or something for all that: definitely a job I would not be down for.

Weren't we already subjected to scenes of Sweatney getting waxed several seasons ago? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Oh my word the waxing scene. All those hairy strips looked like she was waxing Bigfoot or something. Hope she got hazard pay or something for all that: definitely a job I would not be down for.

And just imagine how she must smell...... 🤢

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

And just imagine how she must smell...... 🤢

No I can't it's too horrible please make it stop!  What a goddamn farm animal. No- farm animals have much more class. Go away whitless no one wants anything to do with you,even for money.

Edited by stoppro
  • Love 2

That phone conversation with Frenchie was beyond cringeworthy. And this is both after editing and whatever agreement this person had to play the role of interested suitor. I mean Chase looks like Romeo next to this person/actor/entity. How are Twit’s fans so gullible? It’s pathetic.

I think the reason we’re seeing less of the barnacles (besides asspatter-in-chief Ashley) is because they’re getting a bit exhausted playing the role of Twit syncophants. No amount of money is worth the complete lack of dignity. Unless you’re Whitney ofc.

During Twit’s condescending little pitch to her parents it looks like the mask on Bab’s dropped a little. Imagine being lectured on navigating stairs to avoid falls by your 320 lb (sure Jan) daughter. I can’t imagine Glenn and Babs can carry on this charade much longer. I also can’t imagine how much more life this show has left. Her life is so boring…and sad.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I’m not sorry for Whitney one bit. She’s part of these sham storylines, after all. Had she stuck to the original premise of the show, she wouldn’t be in this big fat fake mess. 

Absolutely!
Much like the Command Strips segment, this show is a soap opera style infomercial for Whitney’s business, her barnacles’ boosts on social media, the radio station she interned for, Annette’s Fat Girl Travel group and any other business who wants some advertising in exchange for a small storyline on her show.

In the real world, obesity weakens your immune system.  If she wanted to reduce her risk of severe complications from a COVID infection, she’d lose some weight and preach THAT, “BITCH!” instead of ditching her mask and social distancing protocols because she’s vaxxed.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Absolutely!
Much like the Command Strips segment, this show is a soap opera style infomercial for Whitney’s business, her barnacles’ boosts on social media, the radio station she interned for, Annette’s Fat Girl Travel group and any other business who wants some advertising in exchange for a small storyline on her show.

In the real world, obesity weakens your immune system.  If she wanted to reduce her risk of severe complications from a COVID infection, she’d lose some weight and preach THAT, “BITCH!” instead of ditching her mask and social distancing protocols because she’s vaxxed.

Obesity is definitely a "big, fat" risk factor (also because it puts weight and pressure on disease-challenged lungs), but that consideration would require Whitney to apply logic - to which she has natural immunity - to her entire approach to COVID.

51 minutes ago, kicotan said:

...this show is a soap opera style infomercial for Whitney’s business, her barnacles’ boosts on social media, the radio station she interned for, Annette’s Fat Girl Travel group and any other business who wants some advertising in exchange for a small storyline on her show.

Don't forget her former partner/arch nemesis from last season and his online gym (now costarring his mother).

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 5

So Ashley seems to be her go to friend now, I wonder if Harper's dad is no longer in the picture as she mentioned something about having a failed relationship. I loved how all the ladies looked lovely for the cocktail hour and here is Whitney looking like she rolled out of bed, same with Ashley, could they not at least make their hair look decent? The rental house looked lovely, and I can't imagine sharing a bed with Whitney.  

It seemed that her barnacles have jumped ship, seemed in earlier seasons Tal and Todd were at her house all the time, now not much at all.   

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So Ashley seems to be her go to friend now, I wonder if Harper's dad is no longer in the picture as she mentioned something about having a failed relationship. I loved how all the ladies looked lovely for the cocktail hour and here is Whitney looking like she rolled out of bed, same with Ashley, could they not at least make their hair look decent? The rental house looked lovely, and I can't imagine sharing a bed with Whitney.  

It seemed that her barnacles have jumped ship, seemed in earlier seasons Tal and Todd were at her house all the time, now not much at all.   

Maybe they cut her budget.Money not enough to be seen with her.  hanging with whitless will not help your life.At all.Not even a little.Be smart and get the hell away from this thing called whitless.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, stoppro said:

Maybe they cut her budget.Money not enough to be seen with her.  hanging with whitless will not help your life.At all.Not even a little.Be smart and get the hell away from this thing called whitless.

Could be, but I could see Whitney icing them out to make more money for herself, because you know, its all about her and her make believe boyfriend, who is probably still billing her for his time on their "dates".  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kicotan said:

I cringed so hard when she and her host hugged, maskless. I let my guard down and hung out with some friends six weeks after getting vaccinated, and still caught a breakthrough case. A month later, I'm still having trouble breathing and my workouts are still at about 80% intensity. My chest hurts if I work out too hard, and I've had to give up most alcohol (a blessing in disguise, although I do indulge occasionally rather than nightly now). And I'm not even overweight.

My first thought when I saw them hugging was "six vaccinated ladies in the American south, hugging and taking zero precautions outside of a vaccination, and they are all comorbid."

• Love 10

here is Whitney looking like she rolled out of bed, same with Ashley, could they not at least make their hair look decent? 

I'm not going to re-watch but I remember thinking that Ashley looked nice. She had on a pretty dress, her makeup was done and she had her hair in a tidy little bun on top of her head.

• Love 5

Enough with Mt Whitney constantly worrying about and talking down to her parents.  She needs to worry about her own choices and leave them the hell alone.  My mom was still teaching 2nd grade at 80.  I hate the way this asshole treats Babs and Glen.  

Frenchie wants no part of Twit, waxed or unwaxed.  She’s so pathetically desperate.  No man wants a woman who has to beg for attention.  

Fat Girls Getaway would have been a great testament to heavy women if they left Twit at home.  She’s an embarrassment to all women.  

I love when the camera is focused on her fat ass!  The camera people must really despise her.  Who could blame them?

Last but not least, Twit got all glammed up, lipstick and all, to meet Buddy.  She must be seething with jealousy over the new girlfriend.  She’s the worst friend on the planet. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I cringed so hard when she and her host hugged, maskless. I let my guard down and hung out with some friends six weeks after getting vaccinated, and still caught a breakthrough case.

Same! Except I had been vaccinated over four months. (I went maskless around another vaccinated person.)

I was very concerned about the hugging.  I was wondering if the breakthrough cases were as prevalent when this was filmed. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Last but not least, Twit got all glammed up, lipstick and all, to meet Buddy.  She must be seething with jealousy over the new girlfriend.  She’s the worst friend on the planet. 

The fact she seems so bitter about her supposed best friend being in a committed relationship says it all.  She wants him at her beck and call, even if that's not what he wants.

Also, I know it's probably because she physically can't, but I was gagging at her one-year's worth of leg hair.  I certainly hope that woman got tipped well.

• Love 8
On 9/8/2021 at 12:17 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Babs even fell down walking on the sidewalk.  Often falls are due to poor balance. Refusing to reduce risks is common in seniors, because they resist change. Sadly, falls and fractures often lead to further decline.  People make their own decisions. Good or bad.

My mom is 75 and simply won't slow down. And I am meaning that literally, not figuratively. She is basically a Tasmanian devil and fell 3x last year, including one fall that broke her fibula (the best bone in the leg to break, I guess). I had to send people by the house to spy on her and make sure that she wasn't out in the yard lifting shit and also was in her boot. I don't think that Babs is in any danger of jettisoning herself into a fracture due to frantic cleaning of her home or anything, but you're SO on the money with your point about them refusing to reduce risks. I don't think they're ready for a stair lift or to move downstairs just yet, though. But they need to be very deliberate when navigating the stairs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2021 at 11:38 AM, Yeah No said:

Yup that's what I've been saying all along.  If this guy is not American he has at least lived here for some time.  I am not buying that he learned English from an American overeseas and from that adopted the accent.  He couldn't possibly roll American phrases and colloquialisms so effortlessly off his tongue like that with nary an accent unless he's an American or has lived here in the past for some time.

He's not American, and I doubt he's ever been to the US. With the internet, he can easily pick up hints of an American accent and also regional slang. Additionally, and I've always told my ESL/EFL students this, the easiest way to learn another language is to get a girlfriend/boyfriend who cannot speak your native language (and I was not responsible for their lawyer fees if they were married and decide to take my advice!). My guess is that he has learned English from the internet and also has had friends who were fluent. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

My mom is 75 and simply won't slow down. And I am meaning that literally, not figuratively. She is basically a Tasmanian devil and fell 3x last year, including one fall that broke her fibula (the best bone in the leg to break, I guess). I had to send people by the house to spy on her and make sure that she wasn't out in the yard lifting shit and also was in her boot. I don't think that Babs is in any danger of jettisoning herself into a fracture due to frantic cleaning of her home or anything, but you're SO on the money with your point about them refusing to reduce risks. I don't think they're ready for a stair lift or to move downstairs just yet, though. But they need to be very deliberate when navigating the stairs.

I'm 73. I don't have stairs in my house, but I do have 4 steps to the front porch from the driveway (and 12 to the back porch,  which I never use.)  I am super cautious negotiating the front steps, essentially going down them like a toddler.  It may sound silly,  but my thought was  "if I fall and get hurt, I'll have to miss a lot of time from the gym." LOL. Tells you what my priorities are 😄😄😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I'm 73. I don't have stairs in my house, but I do have 4 steps to the front porch from the driveway (and 12 to the back porch,  which I never use.)  I am super cautious negotiating the front steps, essentially going down them like a toddler.  It may sound silly,  but my thought was  "if I fall and get hurt, I'll have to miss a lot of time from the gym." LOL. Tells you what my priorities are 😄😄😄

Your priorities are awesome. ❤️

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Same! Except I had been vaccinated over four months. (I went maskless around another vaccinated person.)

I was very concerned about the hugging.  I was wondering if the breakthrough cases were as prevalent when this was filmed. 

Yeah, it seems that this episode was filmed before Delta became prevalent and there was a feeling, based on what we told told, that fully vaxxed people were safe from full blown covid.  I was attending some limited outdoor concerts, dining outside unmasked with other vaxxed friends, hugging too.  Later on that stopped when the breakthrough cases started.  Plus, it’s likely those ladies were tested more than once before filming.  

I thought they all looked nice at the cocktail party. The ladies seemed to like Whit.  Not everyone is the same.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

I'm 72 -4 steps up the porch to the house. Rest of the house is one story. I do my walking inside due to balance issues 10,000 to 12,000 steps a day. I have fallen a couple of times in a couple years but my kids have never tried to rearrange my living conditions in any way. Twit is a control freak trying to make herself the "hero" for her parents protection.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

He's not American, and I doubt he's ever been to the US. With the internet, he can easily pick up hints of an American accent and also regional slang. Additionally, and I've always told my ESL/EFL students this, the easiest way to learn another language is to get a girlfriend/boyfriend who cannot speak your native language (and I was not responsible for their lawyer fees if they were married and decide to take my advice!). My guess is that he has learned English from the internet and also has had friends who were fluent. 

Sorry I disagree with you and obviously I am not alone.....I am trusting my gut on this one.  I have been around a lot of foreign born people in my life, many who have even been in this country for a long time that don't speak as much like an American as he does.  It's not just about learning English, you can do that anywhere like on the internet.  It's his manner of speaking, his inflection, his phraseology, etc. all put together.  He has too many attributes of a native OR someone born overseas that maybe lived here for a while and then went back overseas for me to think otherwise.  Like maybe he went to college here.  That's possible.  I just don't think you get to that level of effortlessness unless you've interacted with a lot of natives on their turf, and not just the internet.  Also, I haven't heard him speak enough French yet to even believe that he is a native speaker whether by way of France or a French influenced country.  Just because she says he is French and her "teacher" doesn't make me automatically buy it.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sorry I disagree with you and obviously I am not alone.....I am trusting my gut on this one.  I have been around a lot of foreign born people in my life, many who have even been in this country for a long time that don't speak as much like an American as he does.  It's not just about learning English, you can do that anywhere like on the internet.  It's his manner of speaking, his inflection, his phraseology, etc. all put together.  He has too many attributes of a native OR someone born overseas that maybe lived here for a while and then went back overseas for me to think otherwise.  Like maybe he went to college here.  That's possible.  I just don't think you get to that level of effortlessness unless you've interacted with a lot of natives on their turf, and not just the internet.  Also, I haven't heard him speak enough French yet to even believe that he is a native speaker whether by way of France or a French influenced country.  Just because she says he is French and her "teacher" doesn't make me automatically buy it.

I agree with some your guesses regarding his oral English production, but it's possible to have never physically been to the US or met an American in the flesh and be fluent. I have had many, many students who have come from overseas and have never set foot on US soil before, and they are just as fluent in English as Nail is. When I got them, they were heavily immersed in US/UK culture via the internet OR an American friend and simply needed to improve their academic English in order to complete their degrees in an English-medium institution in the US. Also, check out the social media threads for more information on Nail - the receipts are there regarding his language acquisition and his identity.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Useful 1

One word:  DESPERATION.

Desperate for a storybook relationship. Desperate to prove she can attract young handsome "normal" guys.  Desperate to prove she's healthy.   Desperate to keep this show, the lynchpin to her empire.  Desperate to control everyone around her (Buddy, her parents).  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

One word:  DESPERATION.

Desperate for a storybook relationship. Desperate to prove she can attract young handsome "normal" guys.  Desperate to prove she's healthy.   Desperate to keep this show, the lynchpin to her empire.  Desperate to control everyone around her (Buddy, her parents).  

I’ll agree that she is desperate to keep this show, the lynchpin of her empire…it improves her BL, directly or indirectly.

Except for controlling her parents and Buddy, if she’s successful in raking in the $$$ by keeping the show she can pay for the storybook relationship, attraction by young, handsome and or normal guys, validation of health and ability to control the greedy of the barnacles.

• Love 1

I think part of her desperation is because she's completely baffled that her plan hasn't worked so she keeps trying again and again. I really believe that she thought the first time they created this 'boyfriend for the show' thing that it would be like a hallmark movie - the guy would start out as a paid employee and fall head over heals for her. In her mind, she would have a million guys falling all over themselves to be with her if there weren't so many fat shaming people in the world. These guys they hire know she's fat so they don't care, ergo they will fall in love with her.  But it didn't happen, of course, and she's baffled. So she wants to keep trying again and again because of course it's just that they picked the wrong guy. 

Obviously there are a LOT of reasons it hasn't happened, but the biggest obstacle to Whitney's "plan" being a bust is the underlying premise that her problem finding a guy is because she's fat. That is the least of her problems. She's cruel, controlling, lazy, bossy... I could go on.. but all of those things are a far bigger hindrance to her being in a successful relationship than her weight. She was confronted with that fact with these women at the fat girl get together. They are all fat but also have successful lives and relationships. What's the difference? They aren't cruel, lazy, bossy, rude, smelly etc. 

• Love 12