Type keyword(s) to search

Fox News Channel: They're Crazy Like a.....(Vaulted)

Sean Hannity tonight. First he talked to Joe Manchin from WV and was like 'haha, why do the Dems not want to come on my show. You should tell them I'm "not Lucifer" and a "nice guy." Gag. Then he talked to Jeanine Pirro in an impressively circular conversation. It's not wholy apparent but they're stepping so carefully to heap as much blame as they can on President Obama while leaving things open for Trump to make any decision and still be right. It's a dance. An awkward, sad, and uncomfortable dance. Jeanine was like 'no one cares about emails' and Hannity was like "but... but... No! Emails important!" And then there was shade at the Clinton Foundation for having too much money and some weird race stuff.

And then I finished dinner and escaped.

Kennedy on Stossel tonight. She just really tempts the worst impulses of my internalized misogyny. Her voice. Her demeanor. But put that aside and she just says monstrous, stupid things. She's another one of these commentators who will sell out whoever it takes to be successful and it seems to be working because apparently she's getting Stossel's timeslot. Tonight she said that Trumplethinskin was making a good decision with his cabinet appointees. Who better to choose than people with "utter disdain" for the agencies they would be running? That's real "freedom" to choose people who could work to dismantle these horrible government institutions. Gah! Fish slap! Go crawl back under a rock, troll. 

• Love 2

I was feeling sick last night so I had trouble falling asleep. I woke up in the worst way again... to the unavoidable nonsense voices on Fox News. I don't know his name but I know his voice. It's the guy they bring to replace O'Reilly a bunch. They were celebrating being able to say "Merry Christmas" again. So rest assured my day started off with a healthy dose of stupid.

• Love 1

I am not making a joke or being snarky. I legitimately do not understand the point of Watters' World. He went to Canada. He didn't catch anyone looking foolish. He didn't have any funny interactions. It was like the kind of filler footage that would only make it to air on a live broadcast. I don't care what your political beliefs are... how could anyone possibly enjoy these segments? NOTHING HAPPENS.

Jeanine Pirro is doing her best to be outraged because Michelle Obama said people are feeling hopeless right now. It feels empty. She's doing her best but it's all posturing and volume and very little content. Fox News can turn almost anything into an outrage or scandal but they're grasping. 

• Love 1

Neil Cavuto... but this is echoed through all the Fox News programming. Sometimes they will straight up lie like Trump and say that he won a huge electoral college victory or even won the popular vote. But usually they're a little more subtle. "The people have voted." "You can't go against the will of the people." Look, I get that the likelihood of electors who are supposed to vote for Trump (but who have the option of doing otherwise) taking the option of voting for someone else is very low... And certainly the likelihood of enough of them voting for someone else is low enough that you shouldn't pin your hopes on it. But come off it trying to convince me that this is the will of the people. Even if you accept that there was nothing shady about this election... (and putting possible hacking aside) there was a lot that was shady (Comey) about this election... this is the vote of about slightly over 50% of the people in many states when only half the country bothered to show up to vote. You cannot trick me into thinking this was a decisive victory that cannot be questioned. I am well aware of what happened that night. 

• Love 2

Fox News tactic

Step 1: Bring on a Democrat/liberal to call Trump on something valid (hiring former Goldman Sachs employees, conflicts of interest, pending lawsuits)

Step 2: Yell over their arguments

Step 3: Accuse them of wanting Trump to fail so the Democrats will "win" 

Step 4: Act like they "won" the argument even though they never really acknowledged what the other side was saying

Step 5: Rinse and repeat

• Love 4

Oh, God. I know they're not going to stop bringing him on but I can't help but be annoyed every time I see that someone on Fox News has given Huckabee a platform for him to open his stupid mouth and start blaring to the world. Tonight (I think on O'Reilly, but he's on vacation) Huckabee talked about Jews (not good) and then the Israeli/Palestinian conflict (even worse). Jesus H. Christ. This idiot thought he could be president. And I am not sure Trump has any more foreign policy knowledge than he does. God damn. 

O'Reilly tonight... still with Not O'Reilly

Mercedes Schlapp, stop being a RIDICULOUS human being. It's OK. It's OK to not take Trump's side in every single argument. Yeah. Yeah it is an insult that most celebrities don't want to perform at the inauguration. Arguing that it isn't is idiotic. 

Edited by aradia22
  • Love 3

Kennedy today... are teens too rowdy in malls?

Oh for the love of God. I mean, at least it's typical new sensationalism and not anything political. Though she did throw out a dig at "bored protestors" at least this hasn't become a racial argument yet. But still, real hard-hitting journalism here. 

• Love 1

I need a break. We're having a Fox News New Years' Eve here. No one is commenting but the TV is enough. Jeez, they're doing their best to make the night depressing. First there were stories on terrorism and illegal immigration. And all the countdowns are spins on scandals and other depressing stuff. The spin is there but it's not the worst. It mostly downplays the Trump stuff and continues harping on the Clinton emails. At least no one's said Benghazi yet. 

• Love 2

So... I'm 100% not going back out. A) I'm sleepy. B) They've devised the worst possible programming. It's hosted by Kennedy and Jesse Waters and they're showing "Best of Trump Rallies" clips. 

O'Reilly tonight. The numbers show a higher percentage of liberals and a lower percentage of conservatives because of "the media." 

So many things, but off the top of my head (and yes, this is conjecture) 1. generational shifts 2. education (and the media is part of that. People are being equipped to make more informed decisions if they so choose.) 3. Republicans are moving farther right and alienating people particularly on social issues

Nothing about Megyn Kelly jumping ship for NBC here yet? Wow. 

I'm curious how this will play out for her. She could be a ball buster when she wanted to be, but she also claimed with absolute authority (Sure, Jan) that Santa Claus and Jesus are/were white, so...yeah.  

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

O'Reilly with his fake "hard questions" isn't going anywhere. But now that Tucker Carlson is replacing Kelly, and Murdoch openly said he wanted her replacement to be a "proTrump conservative", FOX will at least be very clearly the "right-wing, white men network", suitable for covering the Trump White house.

• Love 1

It's very strange to me that the Republican pundits (it was some panel show) are the ones arguing that the federal government shouldn't be involved in elections and polling because politicians will do what they can do stay in power. A) There are already shenanigans. B) The Republicans are holding all the cards right now. 

On 1/4/2017 at 0:58 PM, UYI said:

Nothing about Megyn Kelly jumping ship for NBC here yet? Wow. 

I'm curious how this will play out for her. She could be a ball buster when she wanted to be, but she also claimed with absolute authority (Sure, Jan) that Santa Claus and Jesus are/were white, so...yeah.  

I've rewatched that a few times, and while it was a mistake (and annoying) I actually think it's been made out to be worse than it actually was. I mean I get it. People needed a hook to attack the prettiest of the Fox News talking heads (and I bring up her looks specifically, because for a while, before she started last year proving she has some actual brains her looks are probably what most defined her, and people latched onto her, both positively and negatively because of that), but it was a stupid topic that she made an off the cuff stupid answer to, and really who gives a crap what color two (mostly fictional) characters are? It made total sense to me at the time why it offended people, but what makes less sense to me is why it's worth holding onto. She was trying to make some kind of reverse-cultural appropriation argument, did it horribly, and wound up sounding totally tone deaf to the concept that African-Americans want to be able to better identify with their objects of worship. So yeah. Annoying. But an annoyance about FICTION, so I personally can't get too worked up about it.

That said, she's also said plenty of other dumb stuff. Plenty. Although, again, to be fair, probably no less than any other anchor who's allowed to speak opinion rather than simply read news.

• Love 1

That said, she's also said plenty of other dumb stuff. Plenty. Although, again, to be fair, probably no less than any other anchor who's allowed to speak opinion rather than simply read news.

This. I think it's more worthwhile to call people out on the many aggressively malicious things they say than just the dumb ones. Though I get that the dumb ones are easier to joke about and the horrible ones just made you sad and/or angry.

• Love 2

As expected, Fox News has been discussing Meryl Streep's speech at the Golden Globes all day. 

Here's Tucker Carlson's brilliant zinger "Has Meryl Streep invited Syrian refugees to live at her home in Connecticut?" 

I just... I don't know if it's worse if he's writing these things for himself or if someone's writing them for him. And I also don't know if it's better or worse if he buys his own bullshit. 

Is it too cynical to think that the reason Tucker Carlson didn't yell over or patronize Thomas Friedman when he argued that everything's not going to go to shit and people can learn how to adapt to the new jobs that will be needed in this technological age is because Friedman is an older white man?

Is Shep Smith job shopping? Today was the second time I saw him taking on Republicans and making some great points.  First, re: ACA he pointed out that 8 million of the 20 million insured voted for Trump (not sure how he knows this, but I'm on board for it). He had a few even more critical comments of Republicans who are so determined to repeal it but really have nothing to replace it (yeah, "across state lines" and a FSA are not answers they're just trying to dupe people until you get your way, Paul Ryan.)

Then he showed Trump's latest tweet (mid-day) re: the "lies" of the CNN report and the synopsis he was given of the former MI6 agent's work and how the DNI "denounced them".

Smith said, "Unpacking this will take the whole hour, but basically, they didn't denounce it, didn't call them lies and didn't say they'd made a decision about them yet one way or the other."

Good job, Mr. Smith. Keep up the good work--especially now that your evening lineup are all willing to lie openly for Trump.

• Love 3

I wish I had a transcript of Hannity with Malkin after the inaugural balls. They were both making no secret of their long-time support for Trump, Hannity included on-air gushing. 

Nice slice-n-dice tonight, Tucker.  Getting referred to a website instead of getting a straight answer -- one of my least fave TH excuses.

Tucker asked for an example.  Just one example.  And she stammered & stuttered like Porky (Petunia?) Pig.  Come with specific case study arguments against a judge like Gorsuch, or don't come at all.

Holy crap! I just found out -- thanks to Gutfeld, so take that for what it's worth -- that TV's Andy Levy went to Columbia with Gorsuch.  And they were co-founders of The Fed??

If this is true, why didn't we make the judge, President of Red Eye?  Hell, I'd've voted for him.

Watching the riot in Berkeley.  People ask how that dickhead Milo got a book contract -- this is how. And they're giving him the cover to his next book!

Worst of all: he pre-empted my True Love, Mr Levy, who was meant to be on tonight to discuss his old college bro, SC nominee Gorsuch.

Edited by rallymantis

This is upsetting (she said to the empty room): Gavin McInnes got pepper-sprayed while giving a speech at NYU.  Another riot by people threatened by opinions not their own.

Hope he can get that shit out of his beard.

Edited by rallymantis
2 hours ago, arejay said:

Let me guess, rallymantis, fellow Red Eye fan?. 

*falls in arejay's arms, weeping*

YES!!!  In fact, I hail from the early days of Greg's old site ("A handkerchief of wisdom soaked in a sneeze of thought snot.").

Did you know that Andy was supposed to be on Tucker's show (bumped by Milo riots)...hope he's rescheduled.

Edited by rallymantis

FOX and Friends on the TV above my head at gym. 

I'm watching and reading the caption while Doosie is on the street with a picture of former President Obama kitesurfing. He's asking passerbys what they think. The two I saw answered wow, awesome, muscular.

Doosie seemed like his balloon had exploded in his hand,

• Love 3
12 hours ago, stormy said:

Doosie seemed like his balloon had exploded in his hand,

Fairly certain that whether it was Steve or Peter Doocey (I'm assuming the typo, unless you're referring to a new employee), he understood that he was in the middle of Momjeans country, and the reax was him trying to avoid puking.

I saw the WaPo headline of this outing in the "news" section.  It read like an Onion spoof of fanfic.