Type keyword(s) to search

Fox News Channel: They're Crazy Like a.....(Vaulted)

Why does every Trump scandal roll off his back while every Hillary scandal gets pounded into the ground? They're currently trolling her after her speech/press conference. A, you can't make it a "collapse" just because you keep calling it that. B, she looked perfectly fine. My eyes still work. I swear, they're just a hair away from making all this talk about her relative health gendered. They just keep dancing on that line. I'm just waiting for someone to talk about the "weaker sex." But maybe that's too blatant in this day and age. Then again, people still write dumb ass articles like this so...

• Love 2

The bonkers spin from Fox News heading into the debate is that facts and figures (razzle dazzle according to O'Reilly) is unimportant and what people will really be looking for is a presidential "demeanor." Everyone has been repeating this all night. Forget actual policy. People want to see how you act. To be fair, even the regular news networks are chattering about how Clinton must avoid appearing "shrill." Oof.

• Love 4

I can't do this. I just need someone to break this all down tomorrow after fact-checking. I will say that Trump is making my head hurt. So you're going to keep jobs in the country by taxing the goods of companies who move jobs overseas. But you're going to lower taxes because over regulation is keeping money out of the country. Also, he said the word "big-ly." 

Wah. I'll release my taxes when she releases her emails.

• Love 3
Just now, aradia22 said:

I can't do this. I just need someone to break this all down tomorrow after fact-checking. I will say that Trump is making my head hurt. So you're going to keep jobs in the country by taxing the goods of companies who move jobs overseas. But you're going to lower taxes because over regulation is keeping money out of the country. Also, he said the word "big-ly." 

Wah. I'll release my taxes when she releases her emails.

You're a brave person, to watch this for us so we don't have to.  It's enough to make you start drinking...

• Love 2

Trump in the spin room just talked about how he wanted to talk about Bill Clinton's infidelity but saw Chelsea there and decided "it wasn't appropriate".  I guess he wants some praise for that. What a gentleman! (Actually, had he done it, it would have made a nice bookend with his "I called Rosie a fat pig and a slob and everyone agreed with me". I think he planned all along to not say it--and then tell us he wasn't saying it. As he even told her during the debate "I'd like to say something bad about her family...."

The grasping at straws with lackey Hannity who does those hour long FOX infomercials for Donald and the hand picked supporters, was pretty funny. Yeah, now you're telling us you REALLY were against the war and for the first time every you're sighting a private conversation as support!  Does Hillary get to do that, too?  Maybe talk about how she got email approval with a private phone conversation?  I mean, why does he think (1) that anyone would believe it and (2) that it matters what he claims he said IN PRIVATE?  We have the Howard Stern tape and all he could do was lie about it.

I thought Lester Holt did a great job, including the way he fact checked in a very low key follow-up way. I hope Chris Wallace will do the same.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Padma said:

I thought Lester Holt did a great job, including the way he fact checked in a very low key follow-up way. I hope Chris Wallace will do the same.

I didn't watch a minute of it. And am glad. But I have seen around on other sites where it is believed Holt checked Trump but did not extend the same to Clinton. Again, I didn't watch, but apparently, that train of thought does exist. So who knows how the next debates will shake out.

27 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I didn't watch a minute of it. And am glad. But I have seen around on other sites where it is believed Holt checked Trump but did not extend the same to Clinton. Again, I didn't watch, but apparently, that train of thought does exist. So who knows how the next debates will shake out.

If you mean checked for lies, that's because Trump told a lot of lies.  I wish he was "checked" more.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ariel said:

If you mean checked for lies, that's because Trump told a lot of lies.

They were more focused on e-mails and Benghazi or whatever and why didn't Holt ask about it. I just hope October flies. I need this circus over with.

2 minutes ago, ariel said:

I'm not sure what you meant by checked?  I thought you meant checked for lies/facts, which I didn't think Trump was.  Did you mean something different?

Well, again, I didn't watch. But there are those on other sites I was looking at who claimed Holt was biased for Clinton because he never once "went after" her regarding Benghazi, her "lies" (whatever they are?) and her baggage while they thought Trump's baggage/checking him on his ideals got the spotlight.

Whatever the case, I don't envy anyone moderating this. It's crazy.

9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, again, I didn't watch. But there are those on other sites I was looking at who claimed Holt was biased for Clinton because he never once "went after" her regarding Benghazi, her "lies" (whatever they are?) and her baggage while they thought Trump's baggage/checking him on his ideals got the spotlight.

Well, I'll just say that your "sites" viewed a very different debate than I viewed on TV.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:55 PM, aradia22 said:

I think this is useful to keep in perspective when talking about "Benghazi and emails."

Yes, Jon Oliver's been great. It's almost funny to me how I can rattle off 10 really bad, really recent Trump controversies and be guaranteed to hear back "Benghazi, email, foundation"--which, seriously, I know more details about than the people who mention them to me. There's nothing more to say about Benghazi except that 11 congressional investigations finding no wrongdoing from HRC sure wasted a lot of our money. The other two, Oliver deals with very very well.

I liked Megyn Kelly with Kellyanne over the Miss Universe issue. I think women get less easily distracted by men when Trump starts deflecting about how much weight she gained etc. Because most women have struggled with it or have friends who have.  I wish she'd asked KC if its "ever" acceptable for a boss to call an 18 year old (beauty queen/representative or not), "Miss Housekeeping" and "Miss Piggy".  Because I noticed when Trump was talking with O'Reilly (and complimenting himself, per usual, this time for "saving her job") he didn't deny saying them. And, that, right there, should be all a lot of voters need to know. 

• Love 2

I liked Megyn Kelly with Kellyanne over the Miss Universe issue. I think women get less easily distracted by men when Trump starts deflecting about how much weight she gained etc.

I'm not sure it's just gendered. There are (inexplicably) female Trump supporters. But I do think it's a problem that we're debating the specifics of this Miss Universe thing. I've also heard criticism on Fox that this is something that happened 20 years ago and Hillary Clinton should have found something new. The thing is... she could have. EASILY. He says stuff like this ALL THE TIME. In getting into the specifics of this woman's background and scandals you're losing the bigger picture that it's pretty much impossible to argue that Trump is not a sexist and misogynist. If you don't care about that (you know, that's not great and I'm not sure if we can be friends) but you should at least admit it. Denying that he says awful things about women and doesn't seem to respect them is a weird strategy. Not that the Bill Clinton's affairs strategy is excellent either but at least it's not super blatantly false.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/megyn-kelly-roasts-trumps-campaign-manager-over-sexism.html

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/trump-campaigns-sexist-plan-to-fight-allegations-of-sexism.html

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/what-its-like-to-be-a-female-reporter-covering-donald-trump.html

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/trump-campaign-manager-slips-refers-to-his-abuse-of-women.html

• Love 1

Sometimes I tune into FOX Sunday with Chris Wallace just to hear how the other side thinks.

Today I see that Bob Woodward, who was such a credible, groundbreaking journalist back in the Watergate days, is going off the rails more than he usually does now-a-days.

He says he was in NC the day after Monday's debate.  The voters he talked to were practically appalled at Hillary's "victory lap".  Voters don't like people that gloat.

Really?  Should we tell the team that wins the Super Bowl or the World Series the same?

• Love 2

OK, Pence. That was sort of an answer.

"You're hired president or a you're fired president." 

First memorized zinger of the night.

OK, now Kaine is answering the economy question too. There's still a lot of distraction and doublespeak but at least we're sort of getting to a point.

By the way, if you can't sit through it, NPR is typing up a transcript.

• Love 1

No big surprises tonight. They're respectively sticking to typical Republic/Democrat talking points. 

Oh boy, time for "race relations."

OK, Kaine seems comfortable answering this question (regardless of how you feel about his answer). He advocates "community policing" and is anti stop and frisk and gun violence. But he mentioned being a gun owner and 2nd amendment supporter. Background checks.

Pence is also pro community policing. But also "restoring Law & Order." And stopping "badmouthing" of the police after police action shootings. Full and complete transparency in investigations but stop bringing up "implicit bias."

Pence and Kaine seem to be competing to be the moderate.

Kaine is explaining bias and saying we should be able to talk about it.

Pence has come up with an example of an African American police officer shooting an African American man.

Edited by aradia22

Pence is taking the interesting tactic of calling it an "insult-driven campaign" and placing the blame on Hillary Clinton.

I'm sure Kaine is going to get knocked for all his interruptions.

Honestly, I kind of checked out of the immigration discussion. It's really hard to focus on these two.

Kaine advocates gathering intelligence and also alliances with other countries. 

Pence is saying something about cyber warfare. He also keeps trying to put Kaine in his place by talking about working with him in the Senate. And now he's trying to bring up Hillary's emails again.

I think Kaine has brought up a very interesting point. Paxing taxes = supporting troops. 

Pence is making Hillary the "architect" of everything bad. What is this, The Matrix?

Hahaha. Kaine says Trump is the "fool or maniac" Ronald Reagan warned us about.

• Love 1

OK, I need someone to fact check this for me. It's getting too complicated. They're skimming the surface of foreign policy and then talking about their backgrounds which I don't know about because who watches CSPAN?

Pence is a little more eloquent "No, we haven't" and "Oh, that's nonsense" but essentially he's doing the Donald Trump "WRONG!" Fact checker, please.

• Love 1

Kaine got in a good point that if Trump has business dealings with Russia, you need to know if he's going to be worrying about his bottom line or America's best interests. It's a good counter to all the Clinton foundation stuff. Though I think people are somewhat overestimating the powers and responsibilities of the president.

Pence keeps going back to "insult driven campaign." Who's rehearsed now?

• Love 1

Ooh. Kaine came prepared to talk about the Clinton Foundation. And he's turning the tables on the Trump foundation.

BOOM! Another major score for Kaine.

LOL, joke from Elaine. The question was about North Korea. She's not a great moderator.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Ooh. Kaine came prepared to talk about the Clinton Foundation. And he's turning the tables on the Trump foundation.

BOOM! Another major score for Kaine.

LOL, joke from Elaine. The question was about North Korea. She's not a great moderator.

Elaine is not a good moderator, too much talking over each other & interrupting each other...I'm starting to listen with just one ear...sigh

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Now they're talking about religion vs. public policy.

Kaine is Irish Catholic.

Mike Pence grew up in a Catholic family, he was an altar boy.  His parents & siblings still attend Catholic church...Pence became an "evangelical" in college.

"We trust American women to make the decision." -Kaine (Re: Abortion)

"The last thing the government should do is punish women who make reproductive choices."

*Applause*

Yes, Mike Pence. Women should go through the crazy difficult process of being pregnant to be incubators for all those families who want to adopt babies. I'm sorry, but this is fundamentally illogical. 

• Love 3

Q: How will you unify the country?

"Hillary Clinton has a track record of working across the aisle." -Kaine

'We need to change things in Washington, DC.' "Commanding the respect of the world." "Donald Trump's entire career has been about building." (Too much BS to transcribe, sorry)

Lou Dobbs already hating on the moderator for being biased and favoring Kaine.