Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/7/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Bye Mia!  I didn’t mind you too much but I don’t mind you leaving either.

That was enough of her! She was exhausting.

Bring on Star Jones Reynolds Lugo. I want some fun on this show!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Rightside said:

What they are going to on Fridays?? I assume Whoppi will still be out.

So Joy will moderate with the flash back co-hosts? That could get old or be good. 

No Ana??

No promise Whoopi won't be there.  When there's a short week (Monday holiday)  she'll come in on Friday

34 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why was Mia dressed like she's going to a fancy dress ball?

I think the same stylist that dressed Megzy put her in that horrid thing.  She's a nice looking woman and that was totally uncomplimentary and distracting.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, pachebo said:

The Whoopster, who seems not to have spent much time on self-improvement during the studio/zoom show breaks, refers to Sim Liu's acting career as "off the hook". Classic, Whoop!

Yes, I did a double-take on that one too.  Sometimes things just fall out of her mouth & is totally out of context!!  I love how the other ladies just ignore & move on ... LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

If Mia was auditioning for Co-Host, I would rate her as "Average"....her voice was unpleasant, but overall she tried to 'play nicely with the other Hosts", there was No hissy fits :)

Her voice is very unpleasant but we saw glimpses of her inner Nutmeg.  Trust me she has been holding back and can very strident in her opinions.  One thing that I will say that is nice about her is that she is not shy about going against her party and thinking for herself..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

One thing that I will say that is nice about her is that she is not shy about going against her party and thinking for herself..

Agreed. My opinion after two days of Mia Love was no harm, no foul. She didn't really bring any excitement, either. Maybe she'd be OK as a one-off guest host again sometime in the future, but I don't see her getting the fifth chair.

1 hour ago, Axie said:

Ana just posted on Instagram that she’s be live on The View tomorrow.

🥳🎉🎊🥳🎉🎊🥳🎉🎊🥳🎉🎊

• Love 7

6 hours ago, ForumLou said:

No promise Whoopi won't be there.  When there's a short week (Monday holiday)  she'll come in on Friday

1 hour ago, Axie said:

Ana just posted on Instagram that she’s be live on The View tomorrow.

Ana is there means  so Whoopi is off. Star is guest co-host.

Going to be a good day!!!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

If Mia was auditioning for Co-Host, I would rate her as "Average"....her voice was unpleasant, but overall she tried to 'play nicely with the other Hosts", there was No hissy fits :)

I agree. She was better the second day as she spoke up a little more (versus mostly silent the first day). That said, she didn't leave a big impression. She didn't bother me like she did others here, but somehow I doubt they'd pick her to be co-host. She was more rational than the show probably wants for that seat, unfortunately.

• Love 4
On 9/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, catlover79 said:

Or the friends she took to Joy's and they stayed and partied even after Joy had turned in for the night?

I remember that happening to Joy once before and someone cracking her expensive countertop in the kitchen too. The countertop incident happened before Sunny became a host though I think. I wonder if Joy is in the habit of turning in and leaving guests to party like that?

• Love 3

I knew who Mia was before she guest hosted and she more or less was what I was expecting.  I didn't dislike her but I didn't like her either.  She didn't seem to fit in with the other women.  Could be due to the fact she doesn't know them yet or could just be there is no chemistry.  Some people you gel with and some people you don't.  

• Love 2

Star has had a mixed personal history on this show with her wedding to Al and her on air exit that Barbara did not see coming but overall she was pretty good. Though I blame Tracy Morgan for his “yes I AM a lawyer” bit on SNL for making me chuckle about her more than I should.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Ana is on! I have it set on record, but the 9/11 bits will be sad.

I remember exactly where I was on that day, and crying in shock and horror. Twenty years.

Edited by nokat
7 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Sara, please stop taking over where Meghan left off on the hairstyles. 

The fake ponytail earlier this week could be overlooked but not today's hair.

I thought she looked lovely.  Simple and stylish do.  All the ladies looked great today.  Not a big fan of Anna's dress, but will take her regardless of what she's wearing.

• Love 7

I always enjoyed Star except during her Bridezilla days. She was good today.  As been mentioned by many other posters this week has been like a breath of fresh air.  See ABC powers that be.  Serious subjects can be discussed on the same show as more lightweight topics.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Star is fantastic today. Great chemistry with everyone. 

I thought so too.  She was the first person i knew of that had left the show.  I was a newbie like i said, so didn't get much of what went down.  I wonder if she would consider the gig.  Or maybe just a one season contract, to be evaluated at the end if the wants to stay longer.

2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Star is the reason I started watching.  Her cracking Barbara's face live on air is still in my top 10 of daytime TV moments. 

I was just starting to watch when that all went down and some of the solicitations for the wedding.  I would propose that she might be right for the fifth chair. What goes around, comes back around.  Going full circle.  yada yada.  I don't know if Star got over what they did to her.  She doesn't seem to hold grudges.  Hmm. Maybe.

17 hours ago, Rightside said:

Ana is there means  so Whoopi is off. Star is guest co-host.

Going to be a good day!!!

Who knew Ana was such a rockstar! An adrenaline junky to boot!  /|\  5!  High 5 Ana! We should be lucky she came back!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I always enjoyed Star except during her Bridezilla days. She was good today.  As been mentioned by many other posters this week has been like a breath of fresh air.  See ABC powers that be.  Serious subjects can be discussed on the same show as more lightweight topics.  

Yes, there were the Bridezilla days. I like her otherwise.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I thought so too.  She was the first person i knew of that had left the show.  I was a newbie like i said, so didn't get much of what went down.  I wonder if she would consider the gig.  Or maybe just a one season contract, to be evaluated at the end if the wants to stay longer.

I think Star lives in Chicago now so I doubt it is of any interest to her. 

Also, do they really need three attorneys?

I forgot how great Star can be. The time of her engagement / wedding and regaining her virginity and blatant requesting free stuff overshadowed her credibility at the time for me. I remember Samuel Jackson sitting next to her and saying it’s fine to be in love but keep it private.  My first choice would be Ana but I don’t think she’d do that commute.  
it was a good show today 

Meridith was the second host to leave ( loved her) 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh, I didn't realize she was still with the show.  I watched Tuesday's show and Ana wasn't in the opening.

I think she'll be back on Fridays again? I haven't seen today's show yet, but I think I read in the media thread, that she will still co-host from time to time.

• Love 3

Star was fantastic! Hope she comes back. Loved hearing your stories and opinion.

Sara is so much more in her element in this format.

It can’t be said how much better this season is than it has been for a long time. So much energy, fun and intelligence.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, geekburger said:

It can’t be said how much better this season is than it has been for a long time. So much energy, fun and intelligence.

That's what really struck me, that the ladies seem to be having so much fun, and the ideas are more intelligent (e.g. Star's point that showing the POC who worked on the vaccine makes POC more likely to take it, Simu Liu's Variety article, Joy saying that they should do a piece on intermittent fasting). It's like an anchor has been weighed.

• Love 9

I'm so out of the habit of watching, I kept forgetting to watch all week.  However, I did see some clips from yesterday on The View's Twitter acct, and it was great seeing Star again. I really liked her a lot in the early days, and fortunately wasn't watching much during her Bridezilla time, so my opinion on her never got tainted.

The rest of the co-hosts seemed so happy too.  Great to see.

I love the idea of having the past co-hosts visit on Fridays, however, it's too bad (or maybe not) that Whoopi takes Fridays off.   If she's not there, the chances of Rosie O agreeing to visit are probably better.

Can't believe it's been 25 years since the show began. I don't remember if I was watching from the very beginning or not, but know for sure I watched on 9/11/97, as per a fansite I see that's the date Jon Bon Jovi was on promoting his solo CD, and I definitely watched that day.

Not sure if I'll get back into watching again, but with MM gone, it's nice to know my blood pressure won't go through the roof if I turn it on.

• Love 4

A few years ago Whoopi and Joy were interviewed on Entertainment Tonight, or, one of those shows, and they were asked about Rosie being a guest.  At the time, Whoopi said Rosie would not be returning to the show, which kind of shocked Joy.  So, I don’t know if that still applies, but, I wouldn’t expect to see Rosie.