Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/7/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

My cat appreciated being able to sleep blissfully through the show without my snide comments and shouting.

I get no one will agree with everything I think or me with all their opinions so I appreciated their different takes on the issues discussed. Reminded me of when Rosie McD was hosting and when I felt the show was thought provoking until EH ruined it all, imo. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, catlover79 said:

If she had been retained, I would have been afraid of her completely losing her temper and maybe physically going after a co-host, crew member or even someone in the audience. She's shown her lack of impulse control and I think that's one of the reasons why she wasn't invited back.

So, was it just Whoopi, Joy, Sara and Sunny today and guest hosts start tomorrow? It'll be interesting to see Star on Friday.

Given her quick move to far right views once she left I shudder to think of what would have happened had she stayed.  I’m guessing TPTB knew where she was headed and said that was it for her. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Speaking of Rosie, Whoopi's pained face when being forced to mention her was almost like she was afraid saying the name would cause the woman herself to appear. LOL

Yeah, that was immature. She said something like, "There were three hosts who left and came back: Joy, Sara, and ... yeah." The card was right in front of her; there's no way she didn't see Rosie's name. She just didn't want to say it, and that was small of her.

I love that Joy said, "Who was the third?" and made her utter Rosie's name. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I don't usually get to watch the show live, but DVR it while I'm at work. Thank you all for letting me know I have something to look forward to. It will be so nice to see the ladies chatting at the table again - especially in light of how low my previous appointment TV The Talk has sunk (see that show's board for the grisly details).

lol!

14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I feel your pain and I am done with the talk... At least, we still have the view and I am being cautiously optimistic about this season.

Even though men joining The Talk doesn't bother me as much as it does everyone else, it really is nice having a women's show. And with the current four women, it does feel more like a group of friends chatting everything from news and politics to various life topics. A perfect morning show for women to enjoy with a cup of coffee. I hope today's energy continues. 

• Love 4

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that Sunny and 20 of her friends (or her entourage) were supposed to go to Joy's play and did not show up. Joy obvi knew why, but jokingly called her out on it and Sunny admitted that they were day-drinking and couldn't make it.

1. That is pretty rude on Sunny's part to miss Joy's play due to day-drinking.
  2. It is pretty funny that Joy called her out on it.
  3. It is pretty amazing they both laughed about it and it didn't become a thing.

Wow, what a different vibe.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, bannana said:

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that Sunny and 20 of her friends (or her entourage) were supposed to go to Joy's play and did not show up. Joy obvi knew why, but jokingly called her out on it and Sunny admitted that they were day-drinking and couldn't make it.

3. It is pretty amazing they both laughed about it and it didn't become a thing.

Joy is more forgiving than me. I like Sunny but hanging out with your friends drinking when you know you are expected to go to another friend's play reading is definitely rude. 

Speaking of Sunny I read her book Summer on the Bluffs and all those sex scenes they talked about on the View were nothing to write home about. There were only a couple and they were rather tame.  It was an OK book but she shouldn't quit her day job.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

Yeah, that was immature. She said something like, "There were three hosts who left and came back: Joy, Sara, and ... yeah." The card was right in front of her; there's no way she didn't see Rosie's name. She just didn't want to say it, and that was small of her.

Yes. Joy knew Whoopi didn't want to say it, so of course she asked her who it was. LOL. This is why Joy's been around for 25 years.

I thought the whole actors on the red carpet/armpit sniffing thing was hilarious. From Sunny's jealousy (I agree with her on this one, I would also punch my husband in the throat if he did that), to Sara and Joy's re-enactment, to Whoopi's saying "Manny....Manny..." at the end. It was just such a light and comical segment that has precluded the show for years (Hm, I wonder why?!). Excited for the new season!

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, bannana said:

I didn't understand,  was it a play performance? With a bunch of empty seats that had been paid for?  I am furious on Joy's behalf.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I didn't understand,  was it a play performance? With a bunch of empty seats that had been paid for?  I am furious on Joy's behalf.

Joy called it a play reading and she did say Sunny had bought a big block of tickets. And Sunny did that coy look she does.  She isn't nearly as cute as she thinks she is.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

I thought the whole actors on the red carpet/armpit sniffing thing was hilarious. From Sunny's jealousy (I agree with her on this one, I would also punch my husband in the throat if he did that),

Jessica was on the Today Show this morning and had several things to say about this clip.  In real time, rather than slo mo it doesn’t look as steamy. Oscar ended up in her armpit because she moved in for a hug as he went to kiss her hand. And she noted that they’ve been friends since HS (or was it college?). It was completely innocent and their spouses weren’t upset. Context is everything.

So Abbott is going to take all rapists off the street?  Isn’t it too late at that point?  The deed is done and the woman may be pregnant.

The flow of conversations is sooooo much better with them in studio. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

Yeah, that was petty of Whoopi of playing dumb like that.  And it's not like she could spin it to WHICH Rosie since Rosie Perez who I love as an actor was a non entity on her time there. 

I've always wanted to visit Texas but Gov. Abbott is giving every reason not to.  He's talking they'll be able to find rapists before they strike.  Has he never watched an episode of SVU? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I didn't think Mia Love added much either, but it was her first day (and a hard topic at that). I think Sunny, Joy, and Whoopi are all enjoying being able to speak unrestrained again, without fear of screaming, to the point it's like they're all bursting to say something these first two shows. I'm glad they won't be adding an official fifth host until next year, to give them time to be themselves again first.

Joy and Short's back-and-forth was so funny.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I didn't think Mia Love added much either, but it was her first day (and a hard topic at that). I think Sunny, Joy, and Whoopi are all enjoying being able to speak unrestrained again, without fear of screaming, to the point it's like they're all bursting to say something these first two shows. I'm glad they won't be adding an official fifth host until next year, to give them time to be themselves again first.

Joy and Short's back-and-forth was so funny.

The whole show was funny. I totally enjoyed both eps.  I don't know why we even have a fifth.  We do just as fine with four.  Better with four.  You can spread out, you can sneeze.  You can still have your meetings on Zoom.  I hope they can keep it up

Here print that out and take it to Barbara stat.  Thank you.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Really rude because Joy mentioned the 20 people you run around with ,so that was 20 seats not filled and probably spaced like their audience is.  Think they might need a mask monitor in the aisles because I saw a couple masks with noses  exposed. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Is it just me or did that guest co-host add nothing to the show?

I hope it isn't go to be like this everyday!!

Here's an idea ABC might want to implement.  After you've had all the potential peeps jump through the hoops,  why not have either a sit-it, a zoom or whatever.  But just a private mtg with the ladies and i guess brian. Someone from abc course.  And just ask the ladies what they think of the applicant. They started this not long agao and it went over well. Just ask them and be prepared for an honest answer.  I bet the morale would go up some.

I wanted to like Mia.  She's a conservative, but was able to be pleasant and engaged while sharing her views.  But like others have said, something about her voice/tone was not TV friendly.  Not surprising as she is a politician and not a TV person. 

While Sunny has always been clear she is pro-life, I find it interesting that seems more comfortable expressing it now.  Before she would mention pro-life and then immediately state Roe v Wade was settled law and didn't go much further on the topic.   Now she seems more vocal on her stance.   I'm guessing because she didn't want to be lumped with the former 5th host who liked to throw out words like murder and infanticide.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I was interested to see who was going to be the guest conservative today.  I held my breath when they said Mia Love but was pleasantly surprised that she didn't come on too strong.  I then remembered how other conservatives morphed into screeching banshees once they get comfortable in their contract and ruin the show once again. 

Mia has an interesting background but I don't know how far to the right she is in the party.  I  am hoping for a rational conservative who can discuss like a mature adult when she disagrees with the other ladies.   Is ABC looking for intelligent adult debates or fireworks again?

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Mldyold said:

I was interested to see who was going to be the guest conservative today.  I held my breath when they said Mia Love but was pleasantly surprised that she didn't come on too strong.  I then remembered how other conservatives morphed into screeching banshees once they get comfortable in their contract and ruin the show once again. 

Mia has an interesting background but I don't know how far to the right she is in the party.  I  am hoping for a rational conservative who can discuss like a mature adult when she disagrees with the other ladies.   Is ABC looking for intelligent adult debates or fireworks again?

I’m hoping debate.  I’d really like to see them veer away from being so political.  Issues, etc…fine.  But not so red and blue.  What I’d like to see also is going back to the BW model…women with different backgrounds and different age groups.  The original didn’t seem to concentrate so much on political designations.  Mia was fine though but I have the same concern as you re: getting more strident as they feel more comfortable. Also why not get a regular person (I don’t mean like one of us, but someone who’s been on tv or known like these 4) who’s more conservative instead of a political analyst?  I think having someone whose life and background is politics and is used to discussing this at length puts everyone else at a disadvantage. None of the other ladies are that political nor are they political analysts nor do they seem to do a lot of research to be able to respond.  If the TPTB want to go political, then they need to add a progressive pundit along with a conservative pundit.  Making these 4 go up against someone who’s always doing the research, etc isnt fair…to the other co hosts nor to us the viewers.  It’s too lopsided and it’s no fun to watch…in addition the snow ends up spewing incorrect info or at least one sided info.  I think ABC needs to tread very carefully here.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm sure you're right.

I'll admit that I'm happy I didn't have to make the choice. Every version of birth control should be available to women. I honestly don't know what choice I'd have made.

Well, I finally watched the first two episodes on dvr, and it was like a breath of fresh air. They all seemed so happy to be there. And like this dark cloud had suddenly disappeared. Wow.

And the best part? The intro, where I didn't have to see/hear...aaannnddd...Meghan McCain. : ) 

• Love 16
9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Really rude because Joy mentioned the 20 people you run around with ,so that was 20 seats not filled 

Probably the same 20 people she brought to Don Lemon's party uninvited. Rude and not cute.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Probably the same 20 people she brought to Don Lemon's party uninvited. Rude and not cute.

Or the friends she took to Joy's and they stayed and partied even after Joy had turned in for the night?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Thinking Don and Joy do not care...mainly because they all still party together.

That is fine for them but if Sunny makes it a habit of doing this to friends how do we know she doesn't do this to other people?  I can't be the only one who finds this not nice.

15 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

None of the other ladies are that political nor are they political analysts nor do they seem to do a lot of research to be able to respond.

I don't think you have to be in the political world to be knowledgeable of political issues.  Joy and Sunny can both hold their own in a political discussion.

If the TPTB want to go political, then they need to add a progressive pundit along with a conservative pundit.

This I do agree with. The show has never had a true progressive host.

Making these 4 go up against someone who’s always doing the research, etc isnt fair…to the other co hosts nor to us the viewers.  It’s too lopsided and it’s no fun to watch…in addition the snow ends up spewing incorrect info or at least one sided info.  I think ABC needs to tread very carefully here.  

When Elisabeth was there as the representative of conservatism she was easily refuted. I didn't watch after her and Joy left so I can't speak to the conservatives that were there doing that time.   When Meghan was there it is true she steamrolled the other cohosts but she didn't do with facts or any credible research. She did by being loud and obnoxious.   If they hire someone who is like Meghan then the show will go back to being not enjoyable to watch.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Rightside said:

What they are going to on Fridays?? I assume Whoppi will still be out.

So Joy will moderate with the flash back co-hosts? That could get old or be good. 

No Ana??

Ana will still be on but not as regularly. My question is which former hosts would be invited back for the day? There are a few I can think of that would pass. 

• Love 1

Great mask/shot discussion.  Everyone made some great points, especially Whoopi and Sunny.

Its so nice that everyone gets a chance to speak without one big mouth monopolizing the time. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

When Elisabeth was there as the representative of conservatism she was easily refuted.

I remember them trouncing her arguments regularly.  With MM, especially this past year it was like they (the other co-hosts) gave up even trying to discuss/argue/reason with her.  This week has been such a refreshing change.  I don't mind if there are differing viewpoints - I want that - but if we end up back with a prima donna monopolizing the show my return to The View will be a short one.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Getting a little glimpse of Mia Love’s inner Meghan today.

She is so loud! I had to turn down the volume on my TV again today when she spoke.

Clearly she can be eliminated as permanent co-host choice!!

• Love 5