Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/7/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Tuesday, Sept. 7 – “The View” returns to its NYC studio and kicks off its season 25 celebration when the co-hosts return to the iconic Hot Topics table.

Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Former Utah congresswoman Mia Love guest co-hosts; Steve Martin and Martin Short (“Only Murders in the Building”)

Thursday, Sept. 9  – Mia Love guest co-hosts; Simu Liu (“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”)

Friday, Sept. 10 – Original co-host Star Jones joins the table to guest co-host on our first Flashback Friday; “The View” reflects on the events of Sept. 11, 2001, commemorating the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks

Edited by falltime
Lol we're in month 9 not 8
  • Love 7
On 9/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, ForumLou said:

I like this idea.  But then again, I'd take a bug under a glass in a post-MM era. 

I've decided I'm going to re-appropriate those initials MM.  Back to where the belong. On my favorite choc candy.  M. M.🔕🔕🚫🚫

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I have to say, I did have a tear in my eye that they are all together back with a studio audience. 

Whoopi’s reactions to Joy taking a THC gummy was worth it. She’s probably thinking “and you didn’t call me?”

• LOL 12
  • Love 11

The difference one tool makes is pretty stark, but we all knew how much better the show would be. Thankfully someone at ABC finally got a clue. Now all there is to hope for is that some of the guest co-hosts in the coming weeks won't be wet blankets. The new set and opening were fabulous!

I get they were going in chronological order, but the abortion discussion should've been priority over the Afghanistan withdrawal. I loved Joy calling out the difference in energy level applied to Afghanistan versus women's rights *at home*, as well as her whole,  "I'm less worried about the religious extremism in another country than I am here in this one": *applause*

Whoopi kvetching over every little disagreement she has with Sunny's parenting and relationship is so annoying. For one, I think Sunny puts on for TV for comedy's sake. For another, I'm not going to go into their personal lives, but there's nothing about the state of Whoopi's relationship status and extended family that says she's a better woman or mother than Sunny is for her to be so judgmental.... Just saying.

• Love 21

I don't usually get to watch the show live, but DVR it while I'm at work. Thank you all for letting me know I have something to look forward to. It will be so nice to see the ladies chatting at the table again - especially in light of how low my previous appointment TV The Talk has sunk (see that show's board for the grisly details).

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'll find out soon enough when I get home to my DVR, but can someone tell me if the studio audience was full or was it spaced out.  I have ticket requests in for Sept 24 and am trying to gauge my chances.  The studio at capacity is small as is, but if they let in less people, I'm just going to assume that me and mom aren't getting tickets and I'll plan my day as if we don't have tickets.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I don't usually get to watch the show live, but DVR it while I'm at work. Thank you all for letting me know I have something to look forward to. It will be so nice to see the ladies chatting at the table again - especially in light of how low my previous appointment TV The Talk has sunk (see that show's board for the grisly details).

I feel your pain and I am done with the talk... At least, we still have the view and I am being cautiously optimistic about this season.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'll find out soon enough when I get home to my DVR, but can someone tell me if the studio audience was full or was it spaced out.  I have ticket requests in for Sept 24 and am trying to gauge my chances.  The studio at capacity is small as is, but if they let in less people, I'm just going to assume that me and mom aren't getting tickets and I'll plan my day as if we don't have tickets.

It was spaced out. Looked bout 60-70% of what the place could hold to me.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

I wonder if “the other you know who” is screaming at her television about Joe Biden right now 😂😂

Who cares? She's gone and I, for one, am not going to think or talk about what she is thinking or doing. Out of sight, out of mind. Why even vaguely mention her? She's gone.

• Love 18
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who cares? She's gone and I, for one, am not going to think or talk about what she is thinking or doing. Out of sight, out of mind. Why even vaguely mention her? She's gone.

Exactly, and I think as time goes on and the show stays just fine without her the mentions of her will taper off.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Here is visual of one section.

rsz_screenshot_20210907-133316.thumb.jpg.35e3ceb07e6960557bd76b4301228206.jpg

• Love 7

I only watched the first half, but this is closer to what The View was supposed to be -  they're talking, sharing their lives, their opinions, not always agreeing, but not getting vicious about it.   Good show today. 

I think the difference between Whoopi's and Sunny's parenting is interesting.   Sunny clearly is close to her kids, can joke about being too close, understands that her son is his own man now, but still has that "mom"  feeling.   Whoopi births them, feeds them, lets them figure it out.  Sorry, but it is NORMAL for parents to feel that pang when kids go off to college.  

• Love 12

A cloud has been lifted.  I stopped watching back in spring.  I could no longer stand the screeching of MM.  A big thank you to this board which kept me updated on what was going on with the show.  Today's show was how the show used to be and it was great fun with some serious and respectful discussion.  I really don't think they need a 5th host but will see.  I will say I think the executives at the View and ABC News are relieved MM is gone.  With her recent rantings on Twitter, the show topics today would have her screaming at her cohosts and the audience.  Looking forward to the rest of the week and hopefully Ana will show up on Friday.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Sped14 said:

A cloud has been lifted.  I stopped watching back in spring.  I could no longer stand the screeching of MM.  A big thank you to this board which kept me updated on what was going on with the show.  Today's show was how the show used to be and it was great fun with some serious and respectful discussion.  I really don't think they need a 5th host but will see.  I will say I think the executives at the View and ABC News are relieved MM is gone.  With her recent rantings on Twitter, the show topics today would have her screaming at her cohosts and the audience.  Looking forward to the rest of the week and hopefully Ana will show up on Friday.

If she had been retained, I would have been afraid of her completely losing her temper and maybe physically going after a co-host, crew member or even someone in the audience. She's shown her lack of impulse control and I think that's one of the reasons why she wasn't invited back.

So, was it just Whoopi, Joy, Sara and Sunny today and guest hosts start tomorrow? It'll be interesting to see Star on Friday.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Just don't say her name three times.  She'll magically appear from the audience seats, and whip off her mask.  Aha!!!! 'You don't like me, you really dont'.  I couldn't really put the actual line 'you do really like me' .  I couldn't say that.  that would just be ridiculous LOL

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Sara said we should have kept troops in Afghanistan and then used the example of us still having troops long term in South Korea, Germany and Japan.  Does Sara not see the difference between those countries and Afghanistan?  In those three countries there is not a hostile terrorist group like the Taliban wanting to do us harm.

It was so nice to hear the women talk about things without any tantrums being thrown. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I think the difference between Whoopi's and Sunny's parenting is interesting.   Sunny clearly is close to her kids, can joke about being too close, understands that her son is his own man now, but still has that "mom"  feeling.   Whoopi births them, feeds them, lets them figure it out.  Sorry, but it is NORMAL for parents to feel that pang when kids go off to college.  

I mean, Sunny stalks her grown son by tracking his phone.  That is far from normal.  I get having that ability in case they actually go missing but just casually tracking your son throughout the day?  That's super creepy.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I mean, Sunny stalks her grown son by tracking his phone.  That is far from normal.  I get having that ability in case they actually go missing but just casually tracking your son throughout the day?  That's super creepy.

Maybe it is an American thing but 18 is not grown in my opinion.  Legally he is responsible for himself but he is still developing and learning. Plus, he just left home and Sunny is being overprotective and I don't blame her, the world is going to hell in a hand basket.  Had he been 48 and Sunny was tracking her son via his phone then it would be creepy..

I get tired of Whoopie constantly telling women how to parent their children or how to conduct themselves with their husbands.  She used to do that shit with Paula all of the time.. She gets this superior tone and it just drives me insane..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Sara said we should have kept troops in Afghanistan and then used the example of us still having troops long term in South Korea, Germany and Japan.  Does Sara not see the difference between those countries and Afghanistan?  In those three countries there is not a hostile terrorist group like the Taliban wanting to do us harm.

Nope. She had no idea!

• Love 1

I finally got to sit down and watch the premiere and I agree with everyone that the music, set, graphics, etc. are all terrific. It was a wise move having the first day back be just Hot Topics, and I liked how the first segment was just discussing how the ladies spent their hiatus. 

When they got to the hot-button issue, I loved how Sunny was able to defend her personal beliefs while pointing out she disagreed with this particular law. She was very eloquent and the other ladies kept it classy as well. Nobody was shouting and screaming, and you know when a studio audience is very quiet that they are very transfixed by the discussion. So, kudos to all involved - audience included.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Just don't say her name three times.  She'll magically appear from the audience seats, and whip off her mask.  Aha!!!! 'You don't like me, you really dont'.  I couldn't really put the actual line 'you do really like me' .  I couldn't say that.  that would just be ridiculous LOL

lmao! What is she like Candyman now? haha

• LOL 4
  • Love 1