Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: High Infidelity

• Start Topic

I am sick of Ashley’s scenes with her kids and their dirty diapers, Ashley mentioning having enough to give Michael (gross) and finally Michael praising her for not being fat. They are gross and I don’t want to see them.

Chris needs his own career. He doesn’t need to hold Candy’s purse. She’s not much of a singer or dancer. I could see her getting a role in a Lifetime movie but I’ll be surprised if she achieves much success as a singer or actress.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, drivethroo said:

All of them get ganged up on (even Gizelle),  Wendy isn't special.  If she thinks she is, reality TV is not the forum for her.

Yes, but... isn't this exactly what Gizelle said or implied (when Mia thought Gizelle called Wendy a "b")?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Yes, but... isn't this exactly what Gizelle said or implied (when Mia thought Gizelle called Wendy a "b")?

Yes but Gizelle did not say that, so Mia didn't need to add hot sauce to the situation.  Gizelle never said weak, Gizelle never said bitch.

What Mia said: "Gizelle said you were a weak bitch!"

What Mia should have said: "Gizelle said if you are going to crumble like that, maybe you shouldn't be in the group."

Mia was throwing gasoline on an already blazing fire so she could have a moment and she didn't need to do that.  One statement could trigger a physical fight*.  The other statement (which is what was actually said) is more along the lines of "Girl whatever."

*Since people like  if you say slick stuff you deserve to get your ass beat, Mia embellishing the situation could've triggered Wendy to beat Gizelle's ass for words Gizelle did not say...even if that's what she meant.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Chris IS listed as the owner of their new house; Candiace et als is listed first.  "Et als" means other people are also on the deed and 99% chance "et als" is Mama Dorothy. 

Hmmm...

Edited by nb360
  • Love 2

I don't know why Ashley said the baby nursing every hour means she can't give Michael the attention he wants. Hell if my infant needed to nurse every hour, I'd be looking for remedies, for me, myself and I. The typical 2 hour feeding schedule of a newborn is daunting. I'd be a zombie with a one hour schedule.

The oatmeal burning story only brought more questions. Who called the mom to come home? And why would she respond that the dad was there? I going to assume for now, that it was another child who made the call, which is why the mom said "well the father is there", expecting him to be attending to this emergency. Otherwise her response sounds callous as though she didn't want to be called off the job.  Plus I would expect an adult to call an ambulance, not wait for a returning parent. How was the dad still in bed with another woman during the timeline of this incident and the mom returning home? Was he passed out? Was Mia not attended to until her mom got home? I wonder how old Mia was when this happened and was the mom already addicted at this time?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Who called the mom to come home? And why would she respond that the dad was there? I going to assume for now, that it was another child who made the call, which is why the mom said "well the father is there", expecting him to be attending to this emergency. Otherwise her response sounds callous as though she didn't want to be called off the job.

IMO that's exactly what it was.  I had a coworker whose kid got injured at school.  School called to say come for your child.  Our manager told the coworker she was to finish her shift and then she could tend to her child*.  My coworker was like my child is in need, the school has called and you can tend to the back of my ass and left to go get her child.  Most mothers who care about their children are going to drop what they're doing and go tend to their child no matter who else is with the kid.

The foster care system doesn't just snatch up kids for the fun of it.  Both of her parents had to have been found lacking in the care department, which is why Mia was snatched out of the home.

Plus I would expect an adult to call an ambulance, not wait for a returning parent. 

If Dad and the Side Chick were doing drugs while having sex, why would they call 911? So the ambulance/EMTs can find drugs in the house? 

How was the dad still in bed with another woman during the timeline of this incident and the mom returning home? Was he passed out?

Dad could've been zonked out on drugs ---Side chick might've called the mom.

Was Mia not attended to until her mom got home? I wonder how old Mia was when this happened and was the mom already addicted at this time?

If Dad was zonked out, Side Chick not have wanted to leave Mia there with Dad and maybe she waited until Mom finally got home.  Whether the oatmeal story is true or not or the crashing through the TV story is true enough, something was not right about Mia's household to the point where people felt Mia needed to be removed from the home.

I think Mia shape shifts and lies because if she was shuttled foster home to foster home, she had to shape shift in order to fit in and survive.

I like Mia, lies and all.  With her big ole feet.

*Maybe if our manager had been tending to her child, her child wouldn't have been sent to prison as an accessory to murder.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 11

So, a friend's birthday is coming up, she is a total foodie and fan of the show so I figured I might buy her a cooking class with Chris Basset.  The website is either confusing or its just a pretty awful business model.  

It seems like their target market are companies who want to do team building through virtual cooking classes?  If you have a "celebrity chef" why wouldn't you market those classes to the general public?  Apparently, you pay a $1000 flat rate for the chef to do the class and then $75 per meal kit that is shipped to each persons home.  I'd have been fine paying $100-$200 for the meal kit + the class.  I don't get it at all, to me this model makes much more sense having classes every other week or every month that you can sign up for in advance.  I wonder how many companies are really doing this?  I think Chris B. would almost be better off partnering with a meal prep service and doing the live classes himself for a per person fee and a cut of the meal kits.  

Anyways, if you're interested, its TryHungry.com

If you see something I missed let me know, but I'm not paying $1075 for any sort of thing.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

I don't know why Ashley said the baby nursing every hour means she can't give Michael the attention he wants. Hell if my infant needed to nurse every hour, I'd be looking for remedies, for me, myself and I. The typical 2 hour feeding schedule of a newborn is daunting. I'd be a zombie with a one hour schedule.

I'm not sure how it all works, but TO ME, it sounded like she could feed the baby it just wasn't easy and she had to do it often.  What struck me was that it sounded like she could do it and was willing to do it, but if the baby couldn't get it together enough so she could give michael "attention" they would just opt for surgery.  

To me, that seems like it would be the very last resort and if it wasn't it would be what you would do to keep your sanity, not something to do so that michael darby can get some sex he doesn't really even want.  

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So, a friend's birthday is coming up, she is a total foodie and fan of the show so I figured I might buy her a cooking class with Chris Basset.  The website is either confusing or its just a pretty awful business model.  

It seems like their target market are companies who want to do team building through virtual cooking classes?  If you have a "celebrity chef" why wouldn't you market those classes to the general public?  Apparently, you pay a $1000 flat rate for the chef to do the class and then $75 per meal kit that is shipped to each persons home.  I'd have been fine paying $100-$200 for the meal kit + the class.  I don't get it at all, to me this model makes much more sense having classes every other week or every month that you can sign up for in advance.  I wonder how many companies are really doing this?  I think Chris B. would almost be better off partnering with a meal prep service and doing the live classes himself for a per person fee and a cut of the meal kits.  

If you see something I missed let me know, but I'm not paying $1075 for any sort of thing.  

This is interesting. So many “team building” activities to choose from and it seems like a really weird market to target.

That is expensive. I agree that he would be better off partnering With meal prep services. 

I hope he finds the right market for his chef classses. I actually really like him (the beard, not so much). 
IMHO, I think it is important for him to continue to have his own career and identity separate from his wife’s. 
This “convergence” of their work lives seems to already be impacting their non work life, that is not a good thing.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I see a lot of chatter on social media condemning Candiace for her remarks about Ashley's body.  While Candiace shouldn't have said those things, I wonder if the people saying "Lookit Candiace & her mouth, that's why she needs to be beaten again":

• cheered when Karen said Gizelle had stovepipe legs
  • got their life when Karen talked about Gizelle's flappy vagina and "hot box"
  • giggled when Karen said Robyn was a "hard 40"
  • looked the other way when Ashley said Candiace looked like a hamster (I think BRAVO producers put up a picture of a hamster after she said that)
  • looked the other way when Ashley spoke about Ray's dried up penis
  • shrugged when Former Cast Member said Charrisse looked like a walrus
  • laugh every time Candiace or Karen laugh at Gizelle's fashion sense
  • not to mention the many comments about Katie's wigs & general appearance from cast & viewers

I'm just wondering.  

I hate people.  People are so hypocritical and contradictory.  Housewives talking shit is like a fish swimming, but it's only Candiace who deserves assault?  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

IMO that's exactly what it was.  I had a coworker whose kid got injured at school.  School called to say come for your child.  Our manager told the coworker she was to finish her shift and then she could tend to her child*.  My coworker was like my child is in need, the school has called and you can tend to the back of my ass and left to go get her child.  Most mothers who care about their children are going to drop what they're doing and go tend to their child no matter who else is with the kid.

The foster care system doesn't just snatch up kids for the fun of it.  Both of her parents had to have been found lacking in the care department, which is why Mia was snatched out of the home.

If Dad and the Side Chick were doing drugs while having sex, why would they call 911? So the ambulance/EMTs can find drugs in the house? 

Dad could've been zonked out on drugs ---Side chick might've called the mom.

If Dad was zonked out, Side Chick not have wanted to leave Mia there with Dad and maybe she waited until Mom finally got home.  Whether the oatmeal story is true or not or the crashing through the TV story is true enough, something was not right about Mia's household to the point where people felt Mia needed to be removed from the home.

I think Mia shape shifts and lies because if she was shuttled foster home to foster home, she had to shape shift in order to fit in and survive.

I like Mia, lies and all.  With her big ole feet.

*Maybe if our manager had been tending to her child, her child wouldn't have been sent to prison as an accessory to murder.

I am not a fan of Mia's because I feel like she is not telling us much in the way of truths, this oatmeal story seems to have holes in it.  We hear that the mother had her own addiction issues but we see her drinking a sugar rimmed cocktail at lunch, not sure if an addict should be drinking cocktails, something does not ring true.

Mia complaining that she and her mother had never had lunch is such an odd thing to pick on, think about it, her mother may have to work during the day and cannot take time off to meet up for lunch, the expense and time are things that Mia might have glossed over.  Mia picking lunch as the marker to say her mother neglected her is odd.

Mia tells us that she is scarred from the oatmeal incident but yet chose a job that her skin would be exposed (I do not believe she never stripped at the Michelin rated  strip club), we have seen her in a bathing suit and nobody saw scars.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yeah that's expensive. I've done a few virtual cooking classes with one of the chefs from Top Chef. The class is usually $50 and you buy your own ingredients. Why can't Chris do something like that with some of his recipes? I feel like he would sell way more classes

10 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm not sure how it all works, but TO ME, it sounded like she could feed the baby it just wasn't easy and she had to do it often.  What struck me was that it sounded like she could do it and was willing to do it, but if the baby couldn't get it together enough so she could give michael "attention" they would just opt for surgery.  

To me, that seems like it would be the very last resort and if it wasn't it would be what you would do to keep your sanity, not something to do so that michael darby can get some sex he doesn't really even want.  

Didn't she say the baby had trouble latching and that's why they are trying the massage therapy before considering surgery? She mentioned frenectomy which is a surgery that helps with that. I don't think it had anything to do with not giving Michael attention but I could be wrong.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

I wonder if the people saying "Lookit Candiace & her mouth, that's why she needs to be beaten again":

• cheered when Karen said Gizelle had stovepipe legs
  • got their life when Karen talked about Gizelle's flappy vagina and "hot box"
  • giggled when Karen said Robyn was a "hard 40"
  • looked the other way when Ashley said Candiace looked like a hamster (I think BRAVO producers put up a picture of a hamster after she said that)
  • looked the other way when Ashley spoke about Ray's dried up penis
  • shrugged when Former Cast Member said Charrisse looked like a walrus
  • laugh every time Candiace or Karen laugh at Gizelle's fashion sense
  • not to mention the many comments about Katie's wigs & general appearance from cast & viewers

Yes to all, as it was the truth.

Anywho....Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb kills me, I couldn’t believe she said she will fight to be treated the way she deserves to be treated…. so Juan cheating on you is a deal breaker but him (and now the boys) constantly disrespecting you is not?  Whatever, moron.

Have a cool cup of FUCK YOU MICHAEL!  Thank you, sir for still wanting Ashley though her lily of the valley is currently not up to par and she’s not overweight.  UO but I like him usually but he gets the finger for what he said to her in the car.

I liked the first dress Karen wore at the store but the rest looked gaudy.  I also like the short wig she had on in her TH’s.

Why did I give Mia major side eye for going to Gizzard’s birthday party for Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb?  Flip-floppin’ ass, when she discovered that Karen and Wendy weren’t invited, she should have rescinded the invitation.  Maybe it is just me.

Veronica makes Sheila look like Mother Teresa!  The way she was looking at Mia, like Mia could disappear from the face of the earth and Veronica wouldn't care one bit.

Mm-hmm, everybody thinking Candiace changed….HA!  She will forever sell wolf tickets until someone else decides to mollywhop her ass again.  And the way she treated Chris was appalling.  Another UO but I really like him, he is the ying to her yang-yang.  Why in the bluedilly hell should he drop everything to be her butler?  She keeps that shit up and he’ll take his kids and leave her ass.

Line of the episode – Candiace calling Ashley a milk-maid wench (I believe that’s what it was, that had me howling).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Yeah that's expensive. I've done a few virtual cooking classes with one of the chefs from Top Chef. The class is usually $50 and you buy your own ingredients. Why can't Chris do something like that with some of his recipes? I feel like he would sell way more classes

Didn't she say the baby had trouble latching and that's why they are trying the massage therapy before considering surgery? She mentioned frenectomy which is a surgery that helps with that. I don't think it had anything to do with not giving Michael attention but I could be wrong.

Yes.  She said the baby had trouble latching but it sounded do-able, just difficult and time consuming (time she can't give hubby).  

But as someone who doesn't have kids it's entirely possible (likely) that there is some danger to her son that I didn't understand.  And therefore, like you said, Michael isn't even a factor or consideration in the baby having surgery. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Yes to all, as it was the truth.

Anywho....Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb kills me, I couldn’t believe she said she will fight to be treated the way she deserves to be treated…. so Juan cheating on you is a deal breaker but him (and now the boys) constantly disrespecting you is not?  Whatever, moron.

Have a cool cup of FUCK YOU MICHAEL!  Thank you, sir for still wanting Ashley though her lily of the valley is currently not up to par and she’s not overweight.  UO but I like him usually but he gets the finger for what he said to her in the car.

I liked the first dress Karen wore at the store but the rest looked gaudy.  I also like the short wig she had on in her TH’s.

Why did I give Mia major side eye for going to Gizzard’s birthday party for Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb?  Flip-floppin’ ass, when she discovered that Karen and Wendy weren’t invited, she should have rescinded the invitation.  Maybe it is just me.

Veronica makes Sheila look like Mother Teresa!  The way she was looking at Mia, like Mia could disappear from the face of the earth and Veronica wouldn't care one bit.

Mm-hmm, everybody thinking Candiace changed….HA!  She will forever sell wolf tickets until someone else decides to mollywhop her ass again.  And the way she treated Chris was appalling.  Another UO but I really like him, he is the ying to her yang-yang.  Why in the bluedilly hell should he drop everything to be her butler?  She keeps that shit up and he’ll take his kids and leave her ass.

Line of the episode – Candiace calling Ashley a milk-maid wench (I believe that’s what it was, that had me howling).

Robyn saying that after Juan dismissed her on that cringe call.  I really do feel second hand embarrassment for Robyn.  

She needs to talk about Juan and that wedding as little as possible.  Even if they get married he is likely to embarass her at the reception.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am not a fan of Mia's because I feel like she is not telling us much in the way of truths, this oatmeal story seems to have holes in it.  We hear that the mother had her own addiction issues but we see her drinking a sugar rimmed cocktail at lunch, not sure if an addict should be drinking cocktails, something does not ring true.

Mia complaining that she and her mother had never had lunch is such an odd thing to pick on, think about it, her mother may have to work during the day and cannot take time off to meet up for lunch, the expense and time are things that Mia might have glossed over.  Mia picking lunch as the marker to say her mother neglected her is odd.

Mia tells us that she is scarred from the oatmeal incident but yet chose a job that her skin would be exposed (I do not believe she never stripped at the Michelin rated  strip club), we have seen her in a bathing suit and nobody saw scars.

This is a valid point.  I never even thought to question someone with so sad a story.  Who would lie about that?

My logical brain knew it was an odd way to spill oatmeal, I guess unless you took it out the microwave too hot and spilled it.  

I wouldn't make too much of the cocktail.  To me, if you're just desperate to spend time with your mom, you're not going to chastise her for having a drink because you don't want to scare her off. 

And her mom may be one of those people who feel like she can have just one and be fine.  There are addicts who have this mentality.  I dont know if it works or not.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Right.  People are at home and cooking more.  Why not be a (paid) resource for people who want to learn how to cook?

51 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Flip-floppin’ ass, when she discovered that Karen and Wendy weren’t invited, she should have rescinded the invitation. 

Why would she turn down Gizelle's invitation on account of Wendy not being invited? Wendy, the same lady who told Mia tick tock her time was up and has shaded, judged and been rude to her the entire show? That's why I'm giving the side eye to Wendy & Mia palling around on this episode.

• Love 4

Yeah, I am not sure why Mia would refuse to go to Robyn's birthday party, either. First of all, it's her first year on the show and I am sure she knows that being a part of the action is better than NOT being a part of the action.  Secondly, does she owe Karen and Wendy some undying loyalty or something? That's some middle school behavior right there, to insist that she won't go because her other two "friends" aren't invited.  As an adult, I am sure she gets that sometimes people don't get along and don't have to be everywhere at the same time all the time.  

I think that Candiace has changed. But that doesn't mean that she still doesn't get nasty very quickly. But regardless, whether or not she's changed, nothing justifies physically attacking her, if that's the point being made. (And to be clear, the person who she has been nastiest to, Ashley, has never actually laid a hand on her). 

@drivethroo, I understand Candiace's dislike of the blogs, and if I were in her position, I wouldn't like them, either. But for all intents and purposes, Candiace's bringing a text to Ashley's attention isn't really materially different to me than Ashley mentioning the blogs on camera to Wendy. The end result was the same - cheating allegations were made on camera. So I do think Candiace was being a little hypocritical there when it came to going after Ashley for her conversation with Wendy about the blogs.  They all know this stuff is going to end up being a topic of conversation on the show - I don't know why anyone gets angry with a cast member for bringing it up on camera. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

I agree that this business model is weird for a chef like Chris who is hardly a Bobby Flay or even one of the participants on Top Chef who lost. 

I didn't follow him closely but I assumed by lessons he was taking the route of vlogging like many people do. It has launched many of them to relatively fame in the food world with cookbook deals and appearances. Also monetizing social media is a real income stream and Chris and Candiace would have a built in way to get eyes on his lessons or showcases. What a missed opportunity. Why would I pay any amount of money for a cooking lesson from Chris - I mean he is obviously a competent chef but the only thing that sets him apart is his relationship with Candiace and thus his being featured on the show.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, I am not sure why Mia would refuse to go to Robyn's birthday party, either. First of all, it's her first year on the show and I am sure she knows that being a part of the action is better than NOT being a part of the action.  Secondly, does she owe Karen and Wendy some undying loyalty or something? That's some middle school behavior right there, to insist that she won't go because her other two "friends" aren't invited.  As an adult, I am sure she gets that sometimes people don't get along and don't have to be everywhere at the same time all the time. 

If the situation was reversed and it was Karen's birthday party?  If Gizzard and Robbbbbbbbbbbb weren't invited, we would have gotten World War 3!  WRT (lookit me, showing off 'cause I FINALLY know WTF this means!) loyalty, like I said, the invitation came off like the first time Frick and Frack invited Mia to get to know her, which is when she declined because 'Karen's not invited'.  By now, Mia knows how these two heiffas operate, first year or fifth year I would have declined due to the likely drama.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

If the situation was reversed and it was Karen's birthday party?  If Gizzard and Robbbbbbbbbbbb weren't invited, we would have gotten World War 3!  WRT (lookit me, showing off 'cause I FINALLY know WTF this means!) loyalty, like I said, the invitation came off like the first time Frick and Frack invited Mia to get to know her, which is when she declined because 'Karen's not invited'.  By now, Mia knows how these two heiffas operate, first year or fifth year I would have declined due to the likely drama.

Sure, but that's about Robyn and Gizelle and how they might react, not about Mia. And Mia's objection to the way that Robyn and Gizelle acted around getting drinks was that she didn't want to be told what who she could bring. In this case, Gizelle just didn't extend the invite to Karen and Wendy, she didn't tell Mia "don't bring them." They didn't put any stipulations on Mia's behavior, as they tried to before. So it's not a flip-flop, in my point of view. It's a different situation. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, amarante said:

I agree that this business model is weird for a chef like Chris who is hardly a Bobby Flay or even one of the participants on Top Chef who lost. 

I didn't follow him closely but I assumed by lessons he was taking the route of vlogging like many people do. It has launched many of them to relatively fame in the food world with cookbook deals and appearances. Also monetizing social media is a real income stream and Chris and Candiace would have a built in way to get eyes on his lessons or showcases. What a missed opportunity. Why would I pay any amount of money for a cooking lesson from Chris - I mean he is obviously a competent chef but the only thing that sets him apart is his relationship with Candiace and thus his being featured on the show.

And honestly, my friend is one of those people who gets a kick out of merchandise that connects to the shows she likes.  

I bought her the quad cookbook from M2M, she purchased an embellished cap, she bought some sort of hair wrap from that woman on empire.  She had every....single....Gordon ramsay cookbook and religiously plays his game on her phone.  

She IS their market.  

She really loves to cook, she likes candace and so this would have been a great and fun gift for her.  

.....for $100-$200. 

Not for $1000.  

He really should try to launch his as a standalone business doing the classes.

He has a huge kitchen.  And IIRC, you can write off some portion of your mortgage if you're using it for business.  Get a few cameras and do a class.  

You can even have Wendy on your channel selling those candles.  

He could make it a whole mood.  LOL. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I love that Chris is a supportive husband,  because his wife was supportive when he first opened his restaurant.  He's said multiple times on her lives that Candiace keeps suggesting that he starts a YouTube cooking channel,  he just doesn't want to. That being said he can't volunteer to be her manager then choose golf when she needs him to be her manager.  

Candiace sees red when it comes to Ashley. Which is why she goes to such a hurtful place with her. I don't think she would ever forgive her for writing that statement and for allowing her predator husband to be borderline racist towards her. 

P.S. Bravo please stop forcing the predator and his wife down our throats. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

If the situation was reversed and it was Karen's birthday party?  If Gizzard and Robbbbbbbbbbbb weren't invited, we would have gotten World War 3! 

No, because Karen invited Mia to Surry and Mia to the dress fitting without Robyn & Gizelle and there was no problem.  She also didn't tell Mia "don't bring Robyn or Gizelle."

10 minutes ago, spunky said:

He's said multiple times on her lives that Candiace keeps suggesting that he starts a YouTube cooking channel,  he just doesn't want to.

He could start a YouTube channel or a podcast talking about cooking and have that be advertising for his private cooking classes or private dinners/catering gigs.  I'm going to have to agree with Dorothy & Gizelle: Chris does seem to be riding on Candiace's coattails. She's trying to make him feel useful by naming him her manager but that's only causing resentment because Candiace is on an upwards trajectory (with or without the show---she could get fired today and lose all her entertainment gigs but she will always have her MBA & her parents could easily hook her up with a job somewhere).  Chris is on a horizontal trajectory.  If Chris isn't a hustler like Candiace, he needs to find a steady job so he can feel useful.

16 minutes ago, spunky said:

Candiace sees red when it comes to Ashley. Which is why she goes to such a hurtful place with her. I don't think she would ever forgive her for writing that statement and for allowing her predator husband to be borderline racist towards her. 

Candiace isn't mad at Ashley because she wrote the statement.  Candiace is mad at Ashley because Ashley smiled in her face, ki'ki'd, claimed they were moving towards a more civil friendship, THEN wrote the statement.  Then when called on it, had the attitude of "Bitch I ain't sorry, it's what you deserve." 

That "Yeah I did it. U Mad?" energy is what Ashley should've had towards Candiace all along, not this fake "we're moving towards being civil" attitude.  

The 3 people Candiace has been most upset at were the 3 she felt were friends.  When all 3 showed they were not Candiace's friend and she was nothing more than a means to an end for them at best, she felt betrayed.  You don't really see Candiace folding up napkins over Robyn* & Gizelle.

The change we see in Candiace is her acting upon the realization that none of these women are her friends, they are coworkers and that's about it.

Ashley & Michael will never like Candiace & Chris because C/C call out A/M for the lowlives they are.

*I've heard from several members of the cast that Robyn is the one who will call off camera, off filming time to check up on them and see how they're doing and that's probably why Wendy had extra smoke for Robyn, she felt personally betrayed by Robyn.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, spunky said:

I love that Chris is a supportive husband,  because his wife was supportive when he first opened his restaurant.  He's said multiple times on her lives that Candiace keeps suggesting that he starts a YouTube cooking channel,  he just doesn't want to. That being said he can't volunteer to be her manager then choose golf when she needs him to be her manager.  

P.S. Bravo please stop forcing the predator and his wife down our throats. 

That's interesting and I actually agree with Chris in not starting a YouTube cooking channel. 

I think he has enough publicity from the show to get people to pay for his classes.  Everyone has said his food is good and he is personable and articulate.  

But I'm not paying $1,000 for a one time online class, unless Idris Elba is teaching it with his shirt off. 

It doesn't even seem like the website he is on does much to promote him or his classes.  I had to click on some blogsite with pop-up ads. 

ITA about Ashley.  I'm not at all interested in her and the Michael Darby "redemption" scenes.  Even when he is trying Michael Darby is still a creepy weirdo.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Right.  People are at home and cooking more.  Why not be a (paid) resource for people who want to learn how to cook?

Why would she turn down Gizelle's invitation on account of Wendy not being invited? Wendy, the same lady who told Mia tick tock her time was up and has shaded, judged and been rude to her the entire show? That's why I'm giving the side eye to Wendy & Mia palling around on this episode.

When the pandemic shutdowns began a local actress put together a series of 8 cooking classes (one a week via Zoom) to help keep her theater company (and herself) afloat. She was not a celebrity chef, but she managed to put it together in just a couple of weeks and my friend who took the class said it was fun, she learned many things, and she'd take another one if offered. I can't imagine it would be that hard for Chris to do a similar series of classes and build his reputation so that he could do private chef gigs and companies might then hire him for this corporate cooking/team-building stuff. He seems like the kind of guy who doesn't understand starting small, or doesn't want to go "backward" in his career. (Though it's not like he was a known chef before this show.)

ETA: I really don't think Candiace needs him hanging around as her "husbanger". She seems to have gotten herself pretty far along all on her own. (And she's said she has a real manager and a PR person.) I get the feeling that Chris needs to look and act important around other people and being seen as in charge of Candiace's career fits the bill. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

No, because Karen invited Mia to Surry and Mia to the dress fitting without Robyn & Gizelle and there was no problem.  She also didn't tell Mia "don't bring Robyn or Gizelle."

He could start a YouTube channel or a podcast talking about cooking and have that be advertising for his private cooking classes or private dinners/catering gigs.  I'm going to have to agree with Dorothy & Gizelle: Chris does seem to be riding on Candiace's coattails. She's trying to make him feel useful by naming him her manager but that's only causing resentment because Candiace is on an upwards trajectory (with or without the show---she could get fired today and lose all her entertainment gigs but she will always have her MBA & her parents could easily hook her up with a job somewhere).  Chris is on a horizontal trajectory.  If Chris isn't a hustler like Candiace, he needs to find a steady job so he can feel useful.

Candiace isn't mad at Ashley because she wrote the statement.  Candiace is mad at Ashley because Ashley smiled in her face, ki'ki'd, claimed they were moving towards a more civil friendship, THEN wrote the statement.  Then when called on it, had the attitude of "Bitch I ain't sorry, it's what you deserve." 

That "Yeah I did it. U Mad?" energy is what Ashley should've had towards Candiace all along, not this fake "we're moving towards being civil" attitude.  

The 3 people Candiace has been most upset at were the 3 she felt were friends.  When all 3 showed they were not Candiace's friend and she was nothing more than a means to an end for them at best, she felt betrayed.  You don't really see Candiace folding up napkins over Robyn* & Gizelle.

The change we see in Candiace is her acting upon the realization that none of these women are her friends, they are coworkers and that's about it.

Ashley & Michael will never like Candiace & Chris because C/C call out A/M for the lowlives they are.

*I've heard from several members of the cast that Robyn is the one who will call off camera, off filming time to check up on them and see how they're doing and that's probably why Wendy had extra smoke for Robyn, she felt personally betrayed by Robyn.

Candiace said she talks to Robyn often.  Off camera she seems to be friends with Wendy, Robyn and Askale.  Chris does catering for dinner parties as well.  However I think he needs to take Candiace's advice to start a youtube cooking channel. I can also see her using her MBA to help him open another restuarant if he wants to. I like them both, but I do think Candiace is the breadwinner and hustler in their relationship.

As for Ashley all she does is hide behind her babies. Soon enough former cast member will turn on her and predator.

• Love 2

nothing about Ashley in the car asking Michael if he looked at her vagina whilst birthing and if he did does he still find her appealing?  then Michael shocks me and says (paraphrased,"yes, I was looking but wasn't looking the v per se, I was watching my kid being born".  Which was pretty insightful of him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

And honestly, my friend is one of those people who gets a kick out of merchandise that connects to the shows she likes.  

I bought her the quad cookbook from M2M, she purchased an embellished cap, she bought some sort of hair wrap from that woman on empire.  She had every....single....Gordon ramsay cookbook and religiously plays his game on her phone.  

She IS their market.  

She really loves to cook, she likes candace and so this would have been a great and fun gift for her.  

.....for $100-$200. 

Not for $1000.  

He really should try to launch his as a standalone business doing the classes.

He has a huge kitchen.  And IIRC, you can write off some portion of your mortgage if you're using it for business.  Get a few cameras and do a class.  

You can even have Wendy on your channel selling those candles.  

He could make it a whole mood.  LOL. 

With a little humility, cleverness, and humor Chris could "sell" his classes really well. He's not unappealing and his food looks tasty. There are probably tons of people out there trying to sell affordable cooking classes, but they aren't seen weekly on RHoP. One mention a week and he'd have so much interest from the fans.

I was thinking the other day about Wendy and the oversaturated candle market and how she doesn't even have a specific connection to herself (as has been suggested, Nigerian designs or fragrances), or to the show. Yes, I guess people will continue to buy celebrity candles. I still have two Fergie -- as in the OG, Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York -- candles that I bought 15 years or so ago and have never even lit! Proceeds supposedly went to children's charities she supported, and they still smell nice.

The box she showed Karen looked nice but Wendy needs to work much harder on her concept.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, RealReality said:

That's interesting and I actually agree with Chris in not starting a YouTube cooking channel. 

I think he has enough publicity from the show to get people to pay for his classes.  Everyone has said his food is good and he is personable and articulate.  

But I'm not paying $1,000 for a one time online class, unless Idris Elba is teaching it with his shirt off. 

It doesn't even seem like the website he is on does much to promote him or his classes.  I had to click on some blogsite with pop-up ads. 

ITA about Ashley.  I'm not at all interested in her and the Michael Darby "redemption" scenes.  Even when he is trying Michael Darby is still a creepy weirdo.  

I honestly think Candiace is more driven than Chris. He promoted his cookbook on season 4, it's not done yet, he started a cooking blog where he barely posts recipes.  I think she pushes him because she believes in his abilities. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I am sick of Ashley’s scenes with her kids and their dirty diapers, Ashley mentioning having enough to give Michael (gross) and finally Michael praising her for not being fat. They are gross and I don’t want to see them.

Chris needs his own career. He doesn’t need to hold Candy’s purse. She’s not much of a singer or dancer. I could see her getting a role in a Lifetime movie but I’ll be surprised if she achieves much success as a singer or actress.

Candiace was in a Christmas movie on some channel (might have been BET) and actually held her own. I was watching it and recognized her, then remembered reading that she would be in it. She sang in it, also, with her "sisters" in the story. I doubt she'll make the jump to the A-list, but she can make money and have a level of success. Who knows, she might end up in a series. There are so many networks now trying to get content. A friend here in the DMV has made a small side career of acting in productions for some of the smaller networks -- she's been in a few of those Discovery ID episodes, was a leading character in a couple. And I'll say this, she is not as attractive as Candiace nor is she a better actor than Candiace. 

And yes, enough with the dirty diapers! One scene a couple of weeks ago had me gagging. I think when Gizelle was visiting Ashley. I was surprised Gizelle wasn't running for the door.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

The economics of scale don't work for Chris to be providing private cooking classes. 

Cooking vlogs work because they users aren't paying for content but the content providers rely on revenue streams based on viewership. He could also do an onlyfans type of cooking channel in which he supplies all kinds of food related content for a monthly subscription fee.

I am not sure why he doesn't want to monetize and attempt to build his food brand. It is not like a chef in a restaurant is a particularly lucrative job and it is grueling work as well. Chefs would kill to have the potential social media presence of Chris as a way to promote their cookbooks and social media sites. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yes.  She said the baby had trouble latching but it sounded do-able, just difficult and time consuming (time she can't give hubby).  

But as someone who doesn't have kids it's entirely possible (likely) that there is some danger to her son that I didn't understand.  And therefore, like you said, Michael isn't even a factor or consideration in the baby having surgery. 

From what I gathered, little man has trouble latching on to a bottle, so feeding duties are udderly on her. It would be very exhausting for her. It wasn't necessary to bring Michael's "needs" into the discussion. Maybe he's being a bastard for agreeing to Ashley having those two little cherubs, That's her battle and I don't want to hear the nasty details.. 

• LOL 4
4 minutes ago, spunky said:

However I think he needs to take Candiace's advice to start a youtube cooking channel.

Even if he didn't start a YouTube channel, he needs to beef his IG up more.  I know he posts photos and videos of his food/cooking.  I just want him to up his marketing game.  Wasn't he supposed to have a cookbook coming out? What happened with that?

8 minutes ago, spunky said:

As for Ashley all she does is hide behind her babies.

Ashley accepted her role as Michael's accessory after he fired her from the restaurant and wouldn't let her have international on her phone, as if she was a child.   Having babies is about the only thing she could do to secure herself in Michael's world; even if they divorce she'd still be able to count on 17 years of child support.

I want Ashley to win. She's the only one out of all of them who doesn't have any outside ventures.  I think she would do very well in sales or marketing.

Gizelle's child support will soon be coming to an end within the next 4 years.  I think the lash line is a quick money grab.  Gizelle should go back to planning events and since people like to laugh at her not having a man, make hoes mad by saying "Maybe I shouldn't be in a relationship with one person, I'm going to date around."

1 minute ago, spunky said:

I honestly think Candiace is more driven than Chris. He promoted his cookbook on season 4, it's not done yet, he started a cooking blog where he barely posts recipes.  I think she pushes him because she believes in his abilities. 

Candiace is going to get tired of that eventually.  If Candiace is bringing home the money and hustling for opportunities and Chris is just there...then why is he there?  If Chris is going to be "just there" and not even be an emotional resource for Candiace...then why is he there?   Get it together, Chris! I want you to win!

Soon enough former cast member will turn on her and predator.

I wonder if this is why Karen hurried up and followed FCM back on IG. Some time ago, people noticed Karen was no longer following FCM and she hurried up and refollowed her.  There was some chatter a while back that FCM had loaned Karen some money to get her out of her tax troubles.

I think Karen would have more to fear from a FCM binder tab than Ashley.  If FCM spilled the tea on Michael grabbing the cameraman's butt, that opens her & Big Boy up to questions about why they concealed evidence.  THEY could end up getting charged.  I don't think Big Boy would want to be embroiled in yet another criminal proceeding on account of FCM.

If tea were spilled on Karen allegedly getting money from FCM, that would put the spotlight on why Karen REALLY took Monique's side and gaslighted Candiace and I as a viewer would wonder if FCM put Karen up to getting Candiace fired from the show.

7 minutes ago, amarante said:

Cooking vlogs work because they users aren't paying for content but the content providers rely on revenue streams based on viewership. He could also do an onlyfans type of cooking channel in which he supplies all kinds of food related content for a monthly subscription fee.

I am not sure why he doesn't want to monetize and attempt to build his food brand. It is not like a chef in a restaurant is a particularly lucrative job and it is grueling work as well. Chefs would kill to have the potential social media presence of Chris as a way to promote their cookbooks and social media sites. 

Candiace sees this but Chris doesn't.

I need Robyn's mom to gather them all up in a class and teach them basic business concepts.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

From what I gathered, little man has trouble latching on to a bottle, so feeding duties are udderly on her. It would be very exhausting for her. It wasn't necessary to bring Michael's "needs" into the discussion. Maybe he's being a bastard for agreeing to Ashley having those two little cherubs, That's her battle and I don't want to hear the nasty details.. 

Michael is creepy, so don't read this as a defense of him. But it sounds to me that Michael isn't really pressuring Ashley to have sex with him; instead, I think she just thinks her only value to him is as his pretty, young, sexual wife. Which is itself gross, and yes, none of us need to have those details about their relationship. But my sense is this more about Ashley's insecurities than it is about Michael's demands. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The difference between Ashley and somebody like Kim Zolciak is Ashley will film.  The RHOA women didn't appreciate Kim because Kim only wanted to film with Kroy and her kids and kept making up excuses not to film with the other women.  Ashley will film, she's been on every trip and she spent 7-8 hours in the car (round trip) 2-3 weeks after giving birth to earn her paycheck by starting mess.  Ashley may be a lot of things but collecting a check while doing nothing isn't one of them.

I must apologize for earlier statements, Chris IS listed as the owner of their new house; Candiace et als is listed first.  "Et als" means other people are also on the deed and 99% chance "et als" is Mama Dorothy.  So Dorothy most likely helped her get into this new house, which I have no problem with (or the townhouse) because many parents/grandparents buy/help buy their children houses every day and nobody has a problem with it (college friend just bought her kid a house; coworker's daughter bought her daughter a house). 

But Candiace's mother helps her buy a house and all of a sudden it's a problem, Candiace needs to struggle.  When we all know every last cast member would be buying THEIR children homes if they had the means to.

Chris might be on the deed but he most likely didn't put anything in the house.  Which means to me he needs to spend more time with the online cooking classes and less time holding Candiace's hand.  Men need to work and have a sense of purpose for themselves.  When they are holding women's purses and sitting around, that's when the shenanigans begin.

I think Gizelle would've gotten a better deal if she had just torn down the existing house and built a new house from scratch.  Additions almost always look janky and tacky and country.  While Robyn's new house is not in an as desired location as Gizelle's house, I guarantee Robyn paid less money and has a better looking house than Gizelle's.

Ashley's children need space to run around in; Dean's running around, Dylan will soon be running around to catch up to Dean.  But I don't think Michael wants to buy real estate with Ashley so she can have a claim to it.

Ashley needs a real house with a yard.,

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

On a superficial note:

Mia's face is a damn mess. I noticed when she was sitting at lunch with her mother she is not a pretty woman at all. Her face was lumpy, greasy and puffed with the typical fish lips you see all to often these days. Her makeup is never on point. I don't know what kind of hair system she has going on but the super black cheap looking hair is a fail.

Or.... the lighting in the restaurant was really, really bad. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Ashley needs a real house with a yard.,

I think the poster above who said Michael doesn't really want to buy a house with Ashley may be onto something.  

She has, on multiple occasions said that that was his bachelor pad so he had it before their marriage.  

• Love 3
Just now, bichonblitz said:

On a superficial note:

Mia's face is a damn mess. I noticed when she was sitting at lunch with her mother she is not a pretty woman at all. Her face was lumpy, greasy and puffed with the typical fish lips you see all to often these days. Her makeup is never on point. I don't know what kind of hair system she has going on but the super black cheap looking hair is a fail.

Or.... the lighting in the restaurant was really, really bad. 

I agree.  Her face always gives me "melted crayon realness"

Mias look is ageless because everyone who overdoes their face like this all look the same to me.  

Her lips literally look distended from the rest of her face.  

I'm watching another reality show where a woman is clearly not doing her "shots" and her lips and face are settling back.  And she looks so much better.  

Mia should do that.  Like focus on facials and regular dermatology and stop with the injections and see if she doesn't find improved texture and a prettier face.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She has, on multiple occasions said that that was his bachelor pad so he had it before their marriage.  

That is one ugly bachelor pad. I don't care if it is a million dollar penthouse in the sky, it's still ugly. No warmth or comfort to it at all, just like it's owner. Time to sell and buy a family home, Mikey. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

From what I gathered, little man has trouble latching on to a bottle, so feeding duties are udderly on her.

Specifically, Ashley's new baby has "lip tie"—which is the name given to the condition where the frenulum is so thick, it actually restricts movement of the upper lip.  This can make it painful for the baby to suck, and that leads to the situation where the baby will only take small amounts but will need to feed more often.

https://www.webmd.com/baby/what-is-a-lip-tie#1

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Maximona said:

Specifically, Ashley's new baby has "lip tie"—which is the name given to the condition where the frenulum is so thick, it actually restricts movement of the upper lip.  This can make it painful for the baby to suck, and that leads to the situation where the baby will only take small amounts but will need to feed more often.

https://www.webmd.com/baby/what-is-a-lip-tie#1

I know two babies that had that, (it was news to me never heard of it when I was having kids), one baby had a lip and a tongue tie, there is a dentist around the corner from me that is highly skilled and is usually recommended by doctors in Maryland as the "go to" doctor to treat this. The procedure does not make the babies happy from what I hear, I do not blame Ashley for seeking alternative treatments before going for the surgery.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Candyass is trying to make the headdress her thing...cuz Blair Waldorf already did the bow. 

Chris wants to work a few hours a month just to say he has a job. He's not oblivious to how he could make more money, its just more fun to play golf and husbandger (although the latter is currently requiring too much time, cutting into his playtime).

Vow renewal. Zzzzzzzz

I don't think marrying someone your family doesn't like has any correlation to being faithful. Or your love being upper echelon special. In fact, I know many people who have been in this situation,  most of whom are now divorced (myself included).

Crocodile Grody's fuck toy is broken, and worried his wandering dick virus will flare up again. Barf

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Candyass is trying to make the headdress her thing...cuz Blair Waldorf already did the bow. 

Chris wants to work a few hours a month just to say he has a job. He's not oblivious to how he could make more money, its just more fun to play golf and husbandger (although the latter is currently requiring too much time, cutting into his playtime).

Vow renewal. Zzzzzzzz

I don't think marrying someone your family doesn't like has any correlation to being faithful. Or your love being upper echelon special. In fact, I know many people who have been in this situation,  most of whom are now divorced (myself included).

Crocodile Grody's fuck toy is broken, and worried his wandering dick virus will flare up again. Barf

I dont even see how the client pool is deep enough for Chris to be working a few hours each month.  

This is the season of silly ass business ventures

• LOL 2
On 9/6/2021 at 1:42 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

How does he pay child support if he has no income?  Not counting this show he has not had a job/paycheck in a while.  

Has anyone seen Chris's on line cooking lessons?

Chris pays child support???

• LOL 6
23 hours ago, RedHawk said:

When the pandemic shutdowns began a local actress put together a series of 8 cooking classes (one a week via Zoom) to help keep her theater company (and herself) afloat. She was not a celebrity chef, but she managed to put it together in just a couple of weeks and my friend who took the class said it was fun, she learned many things, and she'd take another one if offered. I can't imagine it would be that hard for Chris to do a similar series of classes and build his reputation so that he could do private chef gigs and companies might then hire him for this corporate cooking/team-building stuff. He seems like the kind of guy who doesn't understand starting small, or doesn't want to go "backward" in his career. (Though it's not like he was a known chef before this show.)

ETA: I really don't think Candiace needs him hanging around as her "husbanger". She seems to have gotten herself pretty far along all on her own. (And she's said she has a real manager and a PR person.) I get the feeling that Chris needs to look and act important around other people and being seen as in charge of Candiace's career fits the bill. 

I cosign this entire post.  And I like Chris well enough.  

But what your local theater friend did is what Chris should do. 

And I think that you may have hit the nail on the head with his ego.  

I wonder if part of the husbandger thing was just an easy storyline for the season.  Because it doesn't make a ton of sense to me.  

Chris can be supportive without being her manager.  Candace helped Chris with his restaurant by being a hostess, she didn't insist on managing the place.  

• Love 4
On 9/6/2021 at 6:24 PM, drivethroo said:

The difference between Ashley and somebody like Kim Zolciak is Ashley will film. 

She only films for a couple of hours then she's gone. Not good enough. Especially when the others have to sit through hours of filming and re-takes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She only films for a couple of hours then she's gone. Not good enough. Especially when the others have to sit through hours of filming and re-takes.

I don't think anyone in the cast expected her to sit for hours and hours when she had just popped a baby fresh from her vagina less than a month from the trip.  If the cast doesn't have a problem with it, neither do I, especially when we see Ashley filming with the other cast members.

Kim Zolciak did not want to film with any of the (black) cast members, she only wanted to film with Kroy and her kids. Ashley has never tried to skwirm out of filming.

Ashley has used wanting to be a mother / pregnancy / having the children as a shield.  She should be called out on that, not for not filming.

• Love 8
On 9/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, J80134 said:

That dude don't want to work.  Candiace has been spoiled her entire life but married a man that doesn't earn, has little drive and can't provide the same things her mother did.  

Chris has been on this show for 4 years and nothing has materialized professionally on his behalf. Candiace ain’t to blame for that. (I begrudgingly agree with Gizelle about the two them)

I DON'T believe he sold any restaurant, nor do I believe he owned one. I DON'T believe there will be any cookbook. I DON'T believe his parents have money.  

I DO believe he plays his role superbly on RHOP. I DO believe Candiace will wise up and get tired of taking care of him and his children.

I DO believe he will take her to the cleaners in the divorce. 

Edited by StillHere
  • Love 10
On 9/7/2021 at 3:17 PM, RealReality said:

I agree.  Her face always gives me "melted crayon realness"

Mias look is ageless because everyone who overdoes their face like this all look the same to me.  

Her lips literally look distended from the rest of her face.  

I'm watching another reality show where a woman is clearly not doing her "shots" and her lips and face are settling back.  And she looks so much better.  

Mia should do that.  Like focus on facials and regular dermatology and stop with the injections and see if she doesn't find improved texture and a prettier face.  

I think a lot of the issue with her face may be due to burns from her childhood, I think she's very pretty but just a little puffy and I do agree on injections. I feel she is tryin to maybe cover some scaring. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3