Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (UK) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, cinsays said:

This all seems so fake.  One of each couple rudely complains to the other, then they part for a little while and then magically come together to see if they can work it out. 

Thomas is going out of his way to be extreme.  The gal in Africa complaining about her spouse not being his real self is a bitch.

I think I am out.  This is even worse than the US version.

Just coming  on to say the same thing!  They've hired bad actors for this series.  I'm out too!

What a mess they have created!

• Like 3

I'm bingeing through Season 7 UK via YouTube (Smart TV!). I thought I would first watch Season 6, but the YouTube quality is poor, and TV-size even worse.

The great thing about this program, wherever it is located, is that, even if scripted and acted (of which I am not convinced, as too many would deserve Crying Emmys), or unscripted but fake anyway, it serves as a living "Dear Abby" column for the rest of us.

What to look for, what to avoid, how to interact, how to self-reflect, how to be open to love and intimacy, how to be accepting, etc. 

All that and the scenery, too! 

Not to mention the show's unintended lessons on make-up, hair, and cosmetic procedures "Don'ts"! 🤡 👄

• Like 1

What exactly happened to the nice guy with four kids and the Dress designer?  He walked away because she cheated?  She supposidely kissed someone in the pool?  Did they show that?  I was looking and couldn’t find what happened.

I like the gay guy that doesn’t talk much, but his spouse is too loud and ridiculous.  What a pain in the ass he is.  Mismatch.  I still have to watch twice as I don’t understand what they are saying.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What exactly happened to the nice guy with four kids and the Dress designer?  He walked away because she cheated?  She supposidely kissed someone in the pool?  Did they show that?  I was looking and couldn’t find what happened.

They didn't show it iirc, but no there's much more to come with those two... he seemed nice but initial impressions are often, shall we say, deeply flawed.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

They didn't show it iirc, but no there's much more to come with those two... he seemed nice but initial impressions are often, shall we say, deeply flawed.

Thank you.  I still like the show no matter what.  Thomas reminds of Nathan Lane in the “ Birdcage” movie.  Sensitive and loud, but funny.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Thank you.  I still like the show no matter what.  Thomas reminds of Nathan Lane in the “ Birdcage” movie.  Sensitive and loud, but funny.

I liked Thomas for the most part, however, he is a handful and I imagine a lot to take irl, esp when in 'attack-mode' even if you're only a bystander.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I like the gay guy that doesn’t talk much, but his spouse is too loud and ridiculous.  What a pain in the ass he is.  Mismatch.  I still have to watch twice as I don’t understand what they are saying.

While they didn't show anything I got the impression that she had kissed a girls while in the pool/hot tub. Seemed like a lot of fuss over not much but it did sound like she thought he would be happy to see 2 girls making out.

It's more what they are saying means than the actual words for my wife even with closed captions on.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Like the Katy Perry song, April kissed a girl! 😙

Flamboyant Thomas had better tone it down, as hubby Adrian is telling him! 🤌

Y'all should hear the uncensored originals on YouTube!  😱

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Like the Katy Perry song, April kissed a girl! 😙

Flamboyant Thomas had better tone it down, as hubby Adrian is telling him! 🤌

Y'all should hear the uncensored originals on YouTube!  😱

Otherwise known as the original UK versions as swearing has been allowed on tv there for years unlike some backward religious leaning countries who have an FCC with a stick up its ass.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Otherwise known as the original UK versions as swearing has been allowed on tv there for years unlike some backward religious leaning countries who have an FCC with a stick up its ass.

Vulgarity can be disliked or at least not the preferred cuppa by others than the "backward religious." J/S. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Vulgarity can be disliked or at least not the preferred cuppa by others than the "backward religious." J/S. 

Real life isn't censored or sanitised for the most part and I prefer for the most part, post watershed (aka content for grown ups), television shows to reflect real life in all its ingloriousness, particularly so for the so-called 'candid reality' shows. If there's excessive effing & jeffing that bothers me (that would be a lot) I can switch it off. Ergo, I want that choice to be in my hands and not the hands of some unseen arbitrary censor deciding for me and everyone else for that matter. I took the comment as being aimed at the idea of such censorship overall (which is often driven by - religious or otherwise - moralistic fervour & sensibilities), rather than a critique of the viewers themselves. Jmo.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Maybe it depends on one's RL milieu. 

Indeed. I imagine it must be lovely to live in such a bubble, one that enables its denziens to avoid anything in the outside world that could cause any form of distress or distaste. Unfortunately, the majority of us will never know what that's like; such level of shielding is usually reserved as the exclusive domain of the elites and not for the rest of us plebs.

Back on topic:

What episode was last aired? Have the honeymoon episodes ended yet?

9 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Hardly. Last episode showed 2 more marriages which haven't even made it to the honeymoon yet. 

Loved the reaction to the stripper guy from his (now) wife & her mother who needs to be told to fuck off.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Loved the reaction to the stripper guy from his (now) wife & her mother who needs to be told to fuck off.

One would think that a UK male stripper wouldn't be scorned, given the practically-topless outfits the women wear. 🧐 😄

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
23 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

One would think that a UK male stripper wouldn't be scorned, given the practically-topless outfits the women wear. 🧐 😄

Probably just depends on the person, being married to a stripper is probably not for most people who would normally not be bothered by anyone who is one.

• Like 3
On 3/18/2023 at 5:05 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

One would think that a UK male stripper wouldn't be scorned, given the practically-topless outfits the women wear.

I don't think it's normally scorned except in this case the women are looking for marriage, family, children and commitment with someone that isn't going to have to work at night shedding their clothes and shaking their peen in other women's faces for $$$. That's when it becomes a problem. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
51 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think it's normally scorned except in this case the women are looking for marriage, family, children and commitment with someone that isn't going to have to work at night shedding their clothes and shaking their peen in other women's faces for $$$. That's when it becomes a problem. 

I could totally accept this reasoning, were it not for the other point I made: that the women's attire for this show and hence audience is very revealing. 

I watched the honeymoon last night.  The wife of the stripper is crying .. don’t know why.  She looks to be a nut job.  The guy from Ghana doesn’t want to have sex with the wife.  She’s very hungry for sex .. he’s NOT.  He’s in very good shape and it looks like he’s bothered with her weight.  The other two couples are boring, so I fast forwarded.  Next week is the Dinner with all of them.  I’m trying, but I still can’t understand what they are saying.  I found Australia easier to understand, not the U.K.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m trying, but I still can’t understand what they are saying.  I found Australia easier to understand, not the U.K.

I have to use closed captions when watching both. 

Too many couples. I already forgot the first batch to get married. 

• Like 6

I need to fire up the CC on this show.  The latest gay couple, the masculine woman (sorry, don't mean to offend, just not sure of the terminology), I could not make out one word of what she said.  She has a very strong garbled accent that doesn't even sound like a language, and she talks very fast.  And the other one with the bad wig makes my scalp itch just looking at her. 

• Like 7

Whitney (of Whitney & Duka) is the most unhappy person ever.  She would've scorned any suitor they matched her with, her default is unhappy and critical.  She is destined to fail in any and every relationship, so why did she get chosen for this project?   Oh yeah, drama!!!

• Like 8
30 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Whitney (of Whitney & Duka) is the most unhappy person ever.  She would've scorned any suitor they matched her with, her default is unhappy and critical.  She is destined to fail in any and every relationship, so why did she get chosen for this project?   Oh yeah, drama!!!

not to mention there really is nothing attractive about her.  she's ugly inside and out

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Where is everyone?  Did they bail on MAFS UK, or am I on the wrong page?  I thought last night was good as I love the dinner parties.  The black couple .. she’s a little over weight, and he’s very fit and strong.  I think that bothers him, but he won’t say.  Whitney needs therapy .. why did they pick her?  The blonde with two kids .. what’s with her?  He seems like a nice guy.  I’m liking it so far, but a lot of them are mismatched on purpose.  So the very pretty one kissed a girl in the pool.  She had a few drinks, and it probably was a friendly innocent kiss.  He’s overreacting.  Otherwise, I like the show.  It’s better than the American one on Wednesdays.  😀

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Where is everyone?  Did they bail on MAFS UK, or am I on the wrong page?  I thought last night was good as I love the dinner parties.  The black couple .. she’s a little over weight, and he’s very fit and strong.  I think that bothers him, but he won’t say.  Whitney needs therapy .. why did they pick her?  The blonde with two kids .. what’s with her?  He seems like a nice guy.  I’m liking it so far, but a lot of them are mismatched on purpose.  So the very pretty one kissed a girl in the pool.  She had a few drinks, and it probably was a friendly innocent kiss.  He’s overreacting.  Otherwise, I like the show.  It’s better than the American one on Wednesdays.  😀

It's much better than the US version but we record it & watch it later.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Kwame definitely is not attracted to his wife because of her weight and he's not fooling anyone with this whole go it slow routine.

I wonder if Whitney was so evil before her mother was killed by a car.

The blonde wants a man with some experience. Her husband has never loved, never even been to a dinner party? He's too needy and expects her to take care of everything.

I think George totally overreacted to the hot tub kiss and it was really mean of him to spread it around the dinner party.

Totally agree that this version is yards better than the US one. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2023 at 4:20 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

Probably just depends on the person, being married to a stripper is probably not for most people who would normally not be bothered by anyone who is one.

On 3/12/2023 at 3:44 AM, SilverStormm said:

In this week’s episode she said she’d been playing Truth or Dare.  He gave the impression they had worked it out during the honeymoon and were fine.  I don’t know why he blabbed to several people at the dinner party behaving as if he was devastated.

• Like 3
On 3/19/2023 at 4:20 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

He seems very sweet, not to mention extremely attractive.  No, scorning him isn’t what I would do.  😉

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

The hot tub kiss lady tells a moving story.... it was just a friendly peck, it was truth or dare, it was something she thought he might like..... then she is dismissive and belittling of his feelings/reactions, but THEN she is the misunderstood victim in this. 🚩🚩🚩🚩 The flags are waving in the wind!! Run away, or at the very least be on high alert.

Princess "I don't want to be here" sure isn't creating a safe space for her spouse to be real. Sabotage? Or projection? In any case, therapy before dating should be required for so many people, her being tops on the list!

• Like 3

The next season drops in a couple of months and apparently, they have extended the seasons by adding another 10 episodes to bring it in line with the Aussie version. Also, I heard that they're filming the next two seasons back to back, unsure if that's accurate or not though.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

The next season drops in a couple of months and apparently, they have extended the seasons by adding another 10 episodes to bring it in line with the Aussie version. Also, I heard that they're filming the next two seasons back to back, unsure if that's accurate or not though.

They are pushing too many bad seasons through. I’m about done!

• Like 1
Just now, Jeanne222 said:

They are pushing too many bad seasons through. I’m about done!

As I said, I'm not sure if what I heard about the back-to-back filming is accurate so don't base anything on what is most likely mere speculation.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Doesn't George have 4 kids? Why is he even on the show? How many women want to get married at first sight to a guy with 4 kids? So many questions!

I don’t know but I’m pretty sure SHE doesn’t! 

• LOL 3

So I have a question for you veterans out there.  I take this rule about how if one person says leave and the other says stay they have to try for another week.  But what happens if that repeats itself?  Do they get to take off their 'stranger shackles" then?  Or is this a rule to make it impossible to leave unless both partners say so?

6 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

So I have a question for you veterans out there.  I take this rule about how if one person says leave and the other says stay they have to try for another week.  But what happens if that repeats itself?  Do they get to take off their 'stranger shackles" then?  Or is this a rule to make it impossible to leave unless both partners say so?

Both have to say leave but that doesn't seem to stop people moving to another apartment or going home & being as annoying & as petty as is humanly possible until the other person also says leave.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
17 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Both have to say leave but that doesn't seem to stop people moving to another apartment or going home & being as annoying & as petty as is humanly possible until the other person also says leave.

The way Whitney was behaving you would have thought she was Joan of Arc being left to burn at the stake by staying.  I have never seen so much drama instigated by one person! what could Duka (sic?) possibly have said in private to get her to this point??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Thanks.  So basically the show is designed for even greater torture of contestants because they have explicitly announced that they hate each other.  At least in the US they tend to pretend.

This weeks episode.  Sorry, but Kwame does not want to have sex with Kasia because of her weight, and is not fooling anyone.  If she was thin and fit, he would have done the deed already.  When she said she wanted to get naked, his look was priceless.  It’s either give in or go home.  She’s ready.

• Like 8

WOW, I just finished last nights episode.  It was a long night.  I hope it’s not near the end.  Anyhow, Kasia gave it to Kwame but good.  She insinuated that he is full of it and doesn’t really want to have sex with her.  Good for her.

• Like 2

I was setting up my DVR for the week and noticed that the UK episodes and Couples Couch are not on Thursdays any more. Looks like they moved them to Wedneday. MAFS UK will be on at 6:30ET/5:30CT and Couples Couch will be on after MAFS Tenn.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lurk said:

I was setting up my DVR for the week and noticed that the UK episodes and Couples Couch are not on Thursdays any more. Looks like they moved them to Wedneday. MAFS UK will be on at 6:30ET/5:30CT and Couples Couch will be on after MAFS Tenn.

You are right.  In my guide ( New York), it’s on Wednesday at 10pm and 11pm, but not new episodes.  Then on Thursday night  at 9 pm for one and a half hours (new episode).  Then 10:30 repeat.  Geeze, why don’t they make it confusing?   I’m talking about the UK version.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

You are right.  In my guide ( New York), it’s on Wednesday at 10pm and 11pm, but not new episodes.  Then on Thursday night  at 9 pm for one and a half hours (new episode).  Then 10:30 repeat.  Geeze, why don’t they make it confusing?   I’m talking about the UK version.

So I had a look & according to my DVR there is no new UK version this week on any day & there is a new episode Wednesday of the following week.

And they wonder why people don't stick with these shows, the fact that they keep moving things doesn't help.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

So I had a look & according to my DVR there is no new UK version this week on any day & there is a new episode Wednesday of the following week.

And they wonder why people don't stick with these shows, the fact that they keep moving things doesn't help.

Then on the 20th of April, it says “New couples meet for the First Time” 9pm to 11 pm.  What the hell?  This info is from my “TV Weekly” delivered with my local paper in Long Island, N.Y.