Type keyword(s) to search

Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Bobby crashing the engagement party seemed creepy, but I wondered how producer driven it was. I liked EJ hanging out with his sister, they should show more of that. Friendships can be hard, and no one talks about how to move on from big issues. I'm glad that Roxie and Morgan found a way to move forward. I actually liked what I heard of Taylor's single well enough, so good for her.

I think I've said this before, but Dorothy is so pretty without makeup, or with minimal makeup, like when she met with Roxy in this episode.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin

I've always thought Dorothy was insightful, but I think she really hit the nail on the head when she said that she thinks Morgan had seen a side of Roxy that she hadn't seen before and now she can't unsee it. I definitely thought Roxy was in the wrong, but it did seem like Morgan was affected by it on a much deeper level. Now I see she was probably internally reevaluating a lot things she thought she knew about Roxy and their friendship.

Morgan and Dorothy's conversation about Star Wars characters, it not being their genre and being able to quote Clueless killed me! Especially because I got the "And my buns, they don't feel nothing like steel" reference in that text interstitial between Morgan and EJ immediately. 

Bobby showing up was weird, but likely producer-driven. I don't know if it's just in my head, but he did seem a little more sincere and little less bloaty and sweaty. Maybe he was just on coke bender for the previous episodes?

My favorite moment had to be the finger point and laugh EJ gave Morgan after she shot him that amazed look as Bobby led her away to talk. Those kind of "we-can-have-an-entire-conversation-with-one-look" moments between friends is what makes this show fun.

• Love 1

I think roxy was way out of line and her boyfriend more so. I would have fully been Morgan pissed about that. We are taking about a house that was probably a couple million dollars if not over 10. The commission on that is HUGE so for roxy's boyfriend to go behind what's his name's back is unbelievable.

• Love 2

Roxy: No personality. Jesus, what a bore. Must be the reason they never showed talking heads with her and Morgan. Just not good TV. I get the feeling that all she really wants to do is promote her interior design business.  I would be happy not to see her back at all next season. Just give me Morgan and Dorothy and their hilarious TH comments, the way it was first season, which, if you ask me, is the reason they HAD a second season.  

On a shallow note, hate the hairstyle some of the guys are wearing.  Sides of the head shaved and long and greased on top. Ugh!!

• Love 1
(edited)

It bothers me that EJ alludes that he lost his weight by not eating bread for the last year and working out. I'm sure that has helped but that's not why you lost 180 pounds. You had surgery. 

Edited by Workslame
  • Love 5

Oh my god, can we PLEASE retire the new fashion look of draping a heavy coat over your shoulders with your arms bare.  It looks so ridiculous seeing these young women -- indoors -- "wearing" a heavy wool coat.  Why?!  And they're perspiring because they're Indoors.  Wearing a coat.

P.S.:  Saachi is such an asshole.

• Love 3

It bothers me that EJ alludes that he lost his weight by not eating bread for the last year and working out. I'm sure that has helped but that's not why you lost 180 pounds. You had surgery.

Not to mention his friend declaring proudly that they are not riding any family coattails. Please.

• Love 5

Does anyone here watch "Million Dollar Listing: LA" on Bravo?  They just had an episode tonight where Roxy's boyfriend, Nicholas, bought the house owned by one of the main stars/agents, Josh Flagg.  I guess that was the house he screwed over Brendan with!  Nicholas literally said to Josh that he had previously seen the house when it was for sale when Josh bought it (I wonder if that was through Brendan), and now, he had no agent representing him, so he was willing to let Josh handle both sides of the sale.  Interesting.  Forgive me if this is old news, but I had no idea the house involved in Roxy and Morgan's dispute was Josh Flagg's house.  Wow.

This used to be such a fun show, as it was sort of a sitcom meets reality show. Most of all, it was funny! It didn't take it self too seriously and unabashedly promoted social media.

I thought this first episode was kinda lame. I feel like this show is morphing into the Hills. We are watching normal people turn into celebs - which i guess is okay but it isn't terribly interesting. The best thing about the show was the bond between the friends. I wish they would stop adding these new cast members. They don't fit in and they aren't terribly interesting. It was sad to see Morgan and Brendan fight so much over the wedding. I think Brendan should just let Morgan make the decisions - I doubt he really cares as much as she does about the color of the flowers. I also didn't like the way they spoke to each other. The stress is getting to them, I suppose. In the previews it was weird to see Brendan talking to Morgan like that- he usually seems so happy go lucky.

As for Dorothy. I like her but gosh she has horrible taste in people. I say people because i'm including boyfriends and friends. I do not like her new friend at all. She sounds like a ish starter. What's her job? Did she go to school? She seems like a celeb f--er. Not that interesting.

It's too bad Roxy left the show. I liked her and it's even sadder that Morgan and Roxy aren't speaking.

Basically, I don't like the direction the show is going in. Reality tv is pretty gross but this was a fun show. 

• Love 2

I'm just glad Taylor is gone with that sleazy as hell boyfriend she had.  

You are soo right about Dorothy.  That basketball player is just bad news I think.  

• Love 1

Agree 100% with you @Miss Slay! Something was so off with this episode. Also, I think Dorothy is gorgeous, but it looks like she's done something to her face.

I had no idea Roxy and Taylor wouldn't be back. Don't care for Dorothy's new friend - looks like she's been brought on to break up Dorothy and Morgan.

Morgan posted a screenshot that shows her and Dorothy have exec producer credits now. This show seems to be 30% Morgan, 30% Dorothy, 20% EJ and 10% Jonny/new girl.

• Love 1

I was bored last night and after Kuwtk, I watched this show. Its very cheesy lol. I dont know the brides name but I wanted to shake her last night. I get that its mostly the bride's day but to shoot down every idea your groom had regarding the dinner is just wrong. If I was the groom I would say "see ya" and walk away from that bridezilla 

• Love 1

I'm hoping Morgan is amping up her Bridezilla tendencies for the show.

Dorothy's "friend" is annoying.  She talks as though it's 2006.

Jonny is still having unprotected sex in this day and age?  What a maroon.  I was glad that those who knew/found out had the same reaction…that he is a dumbass who needs to make better choices.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wish they would stop adding these new cast members. They don't fit in and they aren't terribly interesting.

Agreed. Apparently, E! didn't learn from last season with the Taylor casting. The show works better with the principal cast. They're all friends and it shows.

I didn't know that Roxy was out, either. Makes sense since she's no longer on good terms with Morgan. Would've been nice seeing Roxy decorate EJ's apartment. Brendan and Roxy are the only two that work.

Morgan was extra assholish. I'm never amused by bridezillas. If you're not taking your partner's opinions into consideration, then why bother getting married?

Dorothy is not about the W.A.G. life. I don't know why she's even pressed off that basketball player. I don't follow basketball anymore, so is the guy she seeing a big name?

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 1

What happened to Brendan's voice? He's morphing into one of the girls. 

I still love this show for what it has always been.  Pure ridiculousness. 

And holy moly EJ - he's done a really good job at losing weight. I think he looks great. 

• Love 1
(edited)

"My name is Bianca blahblahblah, and I have enough money to do whatever the fuck I want to do." That is not a good look on anyone. 

Morgan was UGLY tonight, and I'm not talking about her appearance. Glad Brendon called her ass out on it.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1

Morgan chooses her bridal party.  Even though Dorothy makes the cut, she decides to bail on wedding activities and jet off to NYC with Bianca instead.  Meanwhile, EJ enters the dating scene by taking a tantra class and having a live streaming pillow talk on Periscope; and Jimmy pursues his dream of becoming a DJ.

Remember the old TH's with Doro and Morgan together (first season)? They were hilarious, it was the best part of the show. They were in on the joke and had no problem making fun of themselves. They hardly film together any more. I wonder if something happened between them? 

Dorothy has gained a lot of weight. She mentioned it in the episode. Her face is so full! There was a camera shot of her walking away and her ass is huge! Not saying she looks bad at all...just a striking change in her looks. 

On 5/3/2016 at 6:24 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Morgan was UGLY tonight, and I'm not talking about her appearance. Glad Brendon called her ass out on it.

Brendan is going to have a lifetime of doing this. Morgan is high maintenance.

• Love 1

those TH's were the best :( 

I think last season they basically said they had a bit of a falling out.  They're still friends just not as close as they used to be.  DARN YOU TV STARDOM!

I only notice Dorothy's weight gain in her TH's. I don't notice in the normal footage.  I think she looks good though. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Not feeling Bianca. She's annoying. And really? The "Bianca is a hooker" thing sounds like a brother/sister joke or prank to me. Not speaking for more than 2 years because of that?!

Morgan is really becoming unlikeable in regards to the wedding. I can't believe she said Dorothy should lose a few pounds before her wedding.

EJ is boring.

EDIT to say: I think EJ is trying too hard to be shocking and provocative. He thinks he's hot shit now that he's lost a lot of weight. But then he seemed to get really shy and embarrassed at the questions during his periscope.

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 4

Morgan is def. a bridezilla. But I think Bianca wants to come between Dorothy and Morgan. Dorothy was secretly upset that she wasn't chosen to be maid of honor that's why she was behaving like that.

• Love 3

So Dorothy conveniently was the first one to try the dress on....so she could leave asap. Scripted much? 

I didn't get what were they doing in that fabric store? Looking at tablecloth fabric or something? If that's the case, are you effin' kidding me? Morgan BrideZilla really expected ALL of her bridal party to be there for that?  Dorothy dodged a bullet not having to be her maid of honor. Count your blessings, honey, and continue on with your fabulous life! 

They ALL talk so fast I can hardly understand them. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

Morgan is def. a bridezilla. But I think Bianca wants to come between Dorothy and Morgan. Dorothy was secretly upset that she wasn't chosen to be maid of honor that's why she was behaving like that.

How was she supposed to act?  These days brides think they have their own employees.  PLEASE!  If I was Brendan I would have called off the wedding then and there.  I have been a Maid of Honor and I did nothing.  I did throw the bridal shower (bride's sister) with my mother.  I got the dress, shoes and showed up on time.  Nobody cares!!!!!  I can't stress that enough.  Literally, no one gives a crap.  I have seen where the bride loses everyone of her friends who stood up in the wedding and I get that.  Seems those bridezillas forget what their friends did for them and bow out at friends wedding.  You need to have family and maybe your best friend in the party.  The best weddings are those where you just show up at the reception.

Gifts - If I think you went into debt for some stupid wedding then my cash contribution goes down. Obviously you aren't very bright with money anyways.  Italians give money so you may start your household off/downpayment for a home etc.

I have to turn on closed captioning for this show.

Edited by jumper sage

LOL!  Bianca's comment about looking like a Orange County housewife if you're caught wearing fur in LA was such a burn.  Hilarious!

I wonder if Icki still has her coat she paId for herself "gift" from Brooks. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:03 PM, ExplainItAgain said:

Not feeling Bianca. She's annoying. And really? The "Bianca is a hooker" thing sounds like a brother/sister joke or prank to me. Not speaking for more than 2 years because of that?!

Morgan is really becoming unlikeable in regards to the wedding. I can't believe she said Dorothy should lose a few pounds before her wedding.

EJ is boring.

EDIT to say: I think EJ is trying too hard to be shocking and provocative. He thinks he's hot shit now that he's lost a lot of weight. But then he seemed to get really shy and embarrassed at the questions during his periscope.

There's a MUCH bigger story behind that Bianca is a hooker thing & I am HERE for it!! EJ does think he's hot shit, but he does look good. It's the sister that's a try-hard for me. Girl, take a seat!!!

ETA: IMO, Dorothy looks good with the added weight, like Morgan said, it went to all of the right places.

Edited by DrSparkles

I think both Morgan and Dorothy were emotionally fragile at the time (Morgan because Brendan was gone and Dorothy just broke up with her BF) and that was a big factor in their issues.  Yes Morgan can be a bit much but I really don't think she has been that bad.  The comment about Dorothy's weight was a wink wink comment.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth to the Bianca hooker story. As ridiculous as it may sound, she strikes me as the type of person who'd do anything for a story. I still think she's an unnecessary addition.

As for the dress fitting, Dorothy didn't know in advance when it was going to be? If she did, then Morgan could've moved up the time, but how it played out was slightly messed up on Dorothy's end. Some brides take the maids part of bridesmaids to the extreme, which Morgan seems to be doing. Picking out linens should've been something Morgan just did with her mom. No one else needed to be there for that. But they're all high maintenance. I couldn't see Dorothy being chill either if Morgan abruptly left to fly off to New York during her dress fitting.

I like how a 150 guest wedding is considered intimate. I barely know 50 people, so 150 sounds big to me.

• Love 2

It seems to me that Morgan has appointed Dorothy #1 bridesmaid and that's why she expects her to be at all of these things.  I think the maid of honor was at the linen appointment too.  The fitting thing was weird... If Dorothy knew the day and time she shouldn't have let Biance schedule a flight during it.  And if Morgan scheduled it last minute after Dorothy's flight was scheduled then she just needs to chill out.  But it looks to me like the dress fitting was scheduled first. 

I really hate to see their friendship crumble due to a stupid wedding :(  Weddings ruin a lot of friendships between the bride and bridesmaids. 

HOWEVER they had a talking head together and those are usually done at the end of filming right?  So the friendship should still be intact. 

Morgan getting all bent out of shape about Brenden going to Europe is over dramatic though... the dude needs to work.  And I'm sure most brides would rather plan the wedding themselves than have the groom give their opinions on stuff as well lol

Morgan has made it clear she doesn't really want Brendon's input on the wedding, so I don't know why she's freaking out about him being gone.  And Morgan, you made someone else maid of honor, she should be the one at all your crap (or as much as she can)…not Dorothy.  Dorothy has no responsibilities other than showing up for dress fittings, the bachelorette party and the wedding itself.

• Love 5

While I agree that Dorothy isn't obligated to attend every wedding prep activity, I think Morgan was more hurt that Dorothy seemed disinterested.  Maid of Honor or not, they're extremely close friends and Morgan likely wanted Dorothy's opinion on the dresses & linens.

Weddings ruin a lot of friendships between the bride and bridesmaids. 

too true.

I don't miss Roxy.

• Love 2

I hope Morgan actually spoke with Dorothy about having her other friend be the Maid of Honor and didn't just spring it on her during that lunch with all of the bridesmaids. If Dorothy was next in line for that spot she should be told why she wasn't chosen. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/11/2016 at 7:25 PM, snarts said:

While I agree that Dorothy isn't obligated to attend every wedding prep activity, I think Morgan was more hurt that Dorothy seemed disinterested.  Maid of Honor or not, they're extremely close friends and Morgan likely wanted Dorothy's opinion on the dresses & linens.

too true.

I don't miss Roxy.

I thought the same thing. Morgan seemed hurt by Dorothy's disinterest.

This is the type of show I should dislike, but I can't help but be entertained by these people. I'm not feeling Bianca, yet. She's this season's resident shit stirrer.

Also, count me in as another who wasn't sad to see Roxy go. She always behaves as the Mean Girl.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

I know reality shows aren't really "reality", but how scripted do we think this is? Why would Morgan allow herself to be portrayed like this? Why would her fiance allow them to be shown like this? I'm hoping he breaks off the engagement, but that probably won't happen.

Dorothy helps EJ find love by "hunting" for eligible men on the streets of Rodeo Drive; Morgan apologizes for her bridezilla ways, but new issues arise as she and Brendan realize they aren't on the same page financially; Bianca lets Dorothy and Jonny in on a little secret about a family fallout between her and Brendan, which infuriates Morgan leading to a showdown at Jonny's first DJ event.

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I think they got married last week.

They did. I wonder where they've gone on their honeymoon.

I'm sure the storylines are set up ahead of time. I think we all knew Morgan would be over-the-top and obsessive about the wedding, but she's really taking it to extremes. I assume everyone is in on it so they probably don't make much of it and are cool off camera. But they are definitely not coming across in a good light.

Brendan seems bitchy to me. For the past few episodes he seems sullen and angry. Usually he is happy and care-free.

It was interesting to see them break the 4th wall, when he covered his hand over the camera.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

Brendan seems bitchy to me. For the past few episodes he seems sullen and angry. Usually he is happy and care-free.

It was interesting to see them break the 4th wall, when he covered his hand over the camera.

He seems totally checked out. I don't know if it's the show or Morgan that he's over. If it's Morgan, then , uh oh, trouble brewing in paradise before the wedding even takes place. I think he's tired of supporting her financially and sees it only getting worse as time goes on. He shouldn't  have proposed until all his money concerns with her are ironed out. She is incredibly spoiled. He could also be pissed off at the storyline with Bianca and her beef with him. He obviously wasn't happy about that being aired out on camera.  

Two more observations:

1. What was so special about the tablescapes for the wedding?  Looked very ordinary to me. 

2. Too much EJ. 

• Love 3

I don't like Bianca and unless something more comes out - her story doesn't make sense to me. For one, it's pretty damn petty to instruct your family members not to attend a wedding they're invited to just because you have an issue with the groom. She said she's not angry at him but is hurt and would like an apology - if you're not angry then why would you tell your mother than she better not going to the wedding? And why is she not speaking to her brother because of Brendan? Brendan may have said what he said but it wouldn't have persisted as an issue if her brother had shut it down. Not only did he entertain it, but he went back and told his parents what Brendan said. Her brother seems to have believed that the accusation wasn't as far fetched as Biance said it was. Why is that? Who knows if we'll find out but Bianca is doing too much to make herself as the wronged party. Her issues with her brother must have deeper roots than something that his best friend told him about her but she's probably reaching to get some drama that is relevant to the show and other cast members. 

• Love 4

I thought it was telling that Morgan said that what you get in a room full of hookers or something to that effect. Rumors have been around of Lilly doing that hence her many trips to Dubai, plus Lilly went to UT and I don't believe her money is anywhere near what she tries to claim, Wasn't her ex bf a fraud with fake rolexs?

So maybe their is some truth to a trip girl for Bianca as well.

• Love 1