Type keyword(s) to search

Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Dorothy is so pretty. Totally coveting that shirt dress she was wearing at the lingerie boutique. /shallow 

I love Morgan but her hair looks like a hot mess this season.

Although Morgan is clearly in the right here, it'd be so hard to take Roxy's side over Morgan's anyway. Roxy is just so unlikeable to me.

Taylor...yawn. Bobby just looks like a giant red flag to me.

EJ seemed particularly snobbish this episode.

He is a snob. I don't like him skinny or fat. And since when is a Coach handbag so bad? They make expensive bags that are well over $1,000 (not talking about the outlet store stuff). I guess to these rich kids that's too common. 

Roxy= no personality. She's not quick or funny like Morgan and Dorothy. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't stand most of these people. Their snobbery and entitlement are extreme; it was especially apparent in the latest episode.

Although Nick was clearly in the wrong, there's something offputting about how Morgan and Brendan threw themselves into reacting to the situation, blaming Roxy for simply knowing about it. Roxy is in no way responsible for what happens between Brendan and Nick, especially if it's not illegal. She's allowed to be as devoted to a man as Morgan is to  Brendan; she doesn't need their approval.

Grow up Brendan, there are sharks in the LA real estate market and you better learn how to deal with it without throwing a hissy fit. And Morgan, your recent engagement has nothing to do with what's going on between the four of you (as Morgan berated Roxy and played the victim card, she managed to reference her recent engagement - "this should be the happiest time of my life and you've ruined it" - or something along those lines). She's already turning into a loathsome bridezilla.

Bobby is obnoxious and desperate to fit in, and it's uncomfortable to watch, but the group scene where they all turned on him was nasty. EJ thinks he's so cool with his finger snapping and threats - but he's nothing without Daddy's fortune. Can't stand his entitled show-off bullying.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2

Although Nick was clearly in the wrong, there's something offputting about how Morgan and Brendan threw themselves into reacting to the situation, blaming Roxy for simply knowing about it. Roxy is in no way responsible for what happens between Brendan and Nick, especially if it's not illegal. She's allowed to be as devoted to a man as Morgan is to  Brendan; she doesn't need their approval.

I would agree with you if Roxy hadn't involved herself by asking for Brendan's help to find Nick a home.  She put herself in the middle.  It's not like Nick screwed over some stranger.  Morgan was pissed because Roxy lied to her.  I don't blame them.  Roxy sucks.

EJ lost me this episode.  He's trying too hard.  

Taylor, you've been on my screen for less than an hour and I already know you like it up the ass.  Nice.

• Love 2

I want to thank Dorothy and EJ for stating my exact feelings on the [non-]word "bae."  It is the most inane thing ever and, as Dorothy said, you can totally properly enunciate the damn word "babe."

If I didn't already love Dorothy, I would have fallen right there and then. EJ is hit-or-miss for me, but he earned major points with me for hating "bae". My boyfriend and I have had that same conversation (minus the instagram talk).

• Love 1

He is a snob. I don't like him skinny or fat. And since when is a Coach handbag so bad? They make expensive bags that are well over $1,000 (not talking about the outlet store stuff). I guess to these rich kids that's too common.

Yeah, I liked how the question was "Never have I ever held a Coach bag." Not bought, but even holding it is considered déclassé.

Coach is an accessible brand.  While I'm sure they make expensive bags, you can easily get one for an affordable price at a department store, or, of course, the outlet.  I remember reading a few years back (not sure how true it was) that Coach's brand got diluted since the average person can afford it.  Whereas, if you're purchasing a Celine bag, you're definitely dropping serious dough.

As much as I enjoy the show, I wouldn't want to meet any of them in real life.

• Love 2

I do like Morgan and Brendan most of the time (especially Brendan), but I have to say that pasdetrois is serving up some serious truth tea in that post. Can't really disagree with any of it upon re-watch of the episode. Brendan needs to stop whining, Morgan needs to stop making everything about herself (she has a tendency to do that and I noticed that back in season 1). Actually, Dorothy is being about the least bratty and annoying right now. I am SO over EJ.

And not to belabor the point, but are these people still thinking that Coach is nothing but those patterned C purses? Because under its new creative director Stuart Vevers, it has some nice handbags now. I think the Dakota bags are especially cute and on trend. I'm actually kind of sick of seeing certain higher price point bags like Hermes Birkin & Kelly, Lady Dior, Givenchy antigona, and the Celine luggage tote (I'm almost there on being sick of the Celine trapeze tote too) -- there's an over-saturation.

I have Coach glasses frames. Oh, the shame.

Like many of you, I really can't stand fucking EJ. I'm a straight, white woman so I know I don't share his experiences or worldview, but I don't like affectations of any kind, and EJ is nothing but affectations. He may be a nice guy but he's certainly not portraying himself that way on this show. EJ, you're NASTY, honey (wags tiny head, throws hands around, snaps fingers).

• Love 2

EJ seemed snobbish? Upon hearing Brendan liked the name Teagan for their future kids, Morgan responded "Teagan! Teagan sounds like she went to Public School. That's not coming out my v----"

Snobbier than that?

LOL I remember that comment of Morgan's! It struck me as one of the more absurdly snobbish and inane comments she's come up with. I thought Brendan said "Keegan" for a boy's name, though, but regardless, when Morgan said that I said to my computer screen 'Oh, Morgan, you silly snob!' She wants to name her kid, if it's a girl, Margo...now is it spelled Margo, Margot, Margaux? What's the acceptable private school appropriate spelling? The fact that I even have to ask probably exposes me as a total pleb. Anyway, I went to boarding school and I find her comment confusing. There were mostly normal everyday names and a few odd names that may have been traditional family surnames. And some girls with what I thought were traditionally male names.

Hang your head in shame, Oosala! ;) I bet the Coach frames look very cute. They make some nice sunglasses too.

I know Morgan just talks at top speed all the time, but I enjoyed her machine gun style explanation about how she was happy to be engaged so she could be the center of attention, because she doesn't make herself the center of attention all the time. Her normal fast pace gave the speech the quality of someone talking really fast because they're lying. And I think people who don't need to be the center of attention are not on reality shows, but there you go. I caught this bit in a rerun and it struck me as funny all over again.

Episode 5:

"#BattleOfTheBods"

Morgan and Dorothy go on a road trip to Vegas, where they judge a poolside hot body contest; Roxy battles with where her and Morgan's friendship stands. Jonny has to find the courage to ask his hookup to be his boyfriend.

Airs June 21, 2015.

EJ seemed snobbish? Upon hearing Brendan liked the name Teagan for their future kids, Morgan responded "Teagan! Teagan sounds like she went to Public School. That's not coming out my v----"

Snobbier than that?

The names Brendan and Teagan are Celtic. Which might explain the appeal to him. I would think from personal experience the name Brendan is more common in the US than even Teagan which I only have known a few. Is she meaning that because its Irish ?

Btw Morgan was a pretty popular name in the eighties and among all demographics. It's become rather popular to have foofy sounding names among the working class and poors even in fly over territory. I met so many Bentleys and Madisons and Addisons and Kensingtons in Iowa and Missouri as children of teen moms and factory workers and farmers so first names really don't indicate social status anymore, if they ever did.

I know Morgan just talks at top speed all the time, but I enjoyed her machine gun style explanation about how she was happy to be engaged so she could be the center of attention, because she doesn't make herself the center of attention all the time. Her normal fast pace gave the speech the quality of someone talking really fast because they're lying. And I think people who don't need to be the center of attention are not on reality shows, but there you go. I caught this bit in a rerun and it struck me as funny all over again.

I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a tongue in cheek explanation...

Who did Jonny say he has worked with on songwriting? I missed it. I'm not a Jonny fan, but it was sweet that his guy felt the same way.

Dorothy and Morgan were fun on their road trip. I do like how polite Morgan and Dorothy are to valets, hotel workers, etc.

Um. I'm just gonna say it. Taylor is a terrible singer. Like awful.

That road trip was fun!  And color me shocked that they actually drove EIGHT HOURS.  If I had access to a private jet whenever or the ability to rent one I'd be all about that rather than driving 8 hours.  Kudos to them.

I like EJ! I think he's in on the joke too, but Morgan and Dorothy deliver it with a wink and nudge whereas he delivers it with perfectly arched eyebrow. 

Taylor should probably never sing again. Or speak, for that matter, unless she can get rid of that obnoxious marble mouth affectation.

I just find everything Roxy says to be disingenuous. The way she phrases things makes it pretty obvious that she knew Nick was going to screw Brendan over and she figured if she just built a Chinese wall in their relationship regarding the house, it would somehow mitigate her prior involvement and absolve her of any moral obligation.

I guess now that Jonny has the whole boyfriend thing out in the open, he's more comfortable (or maybe now allowed by the producers?) posting pictures of his boyfriend on Instagram.  I'm happy for him!  The guy seems like a good guy so far, not like a famewhore like Bobby, ahem.  Jonny and Balthazar make a good looking couple (and he certainly has Jonny's body looking on point!).  :)

That looked like a fun trip and I loved the conversation with the cashier in the convenience store, when Morgan and Dorothy were charging their phones. But the size of that hotel room! She had to walk the length of a football field to answer the door. Who really needs that much space? Oh, Brittany. *shakes head*

And I'm now aware that I hate listening to people sing. It makes me so uncomfortable, even if they're doing a good job of it. I get anxious at the Mexican restaurant when the singers approach my table (don't stop, don't stop, keep walking), and I don't like musicals. I like going to concerts but that's different somehow. Anyway, blergh to Taylor's "song," even if it only lasted 15 seconds. And good on Roxy for telling asshole Bobby that this is Taylor's night so stop trying to make it all about his big apology or whatever.

• Love 1

I agree with everyone's comments about Taylor's singing and speaking voice. It was horrible & unconfortable listening to it on tv. I can't even imagine what the people there felt, having to feign interested facial expressions and give encouraging comments.

Even her dad had a hard time and he's David Fucking Hasselhoff.

(edited)

I watch an embarrassing amount of bad reality TV and while I had heard of RKOBH, I had never indulged, thinking it might make me murderously bitchy. Well, after binge watching to get myself current, I am shocked by how much I enjoy it. I truly expected to hate-watch a few episodes and call it a day.

I freaking love Morgan and Brendan. I totally 'ship them in every way. They're great friends, supportive, adorable together and clearly very much "get" eachother. Plus, Morgan whom I thought I would be destined to hate, is surprisingly insightful, real and quippy (and love her pop culture references that even an old gal like me understands!) I love how she owns her look and no nose job. I'm very much #teamMorgan

I vascillate on Dorothy. Her voice does grate. I am wondering if the vocal lessons in the upcoming scenes are not for singing, but for that intonation. But voice aside, she can be very funny. And I agree that it seems that she and Morgan spend less time together. It seems like the popularity of the show, or their SM followings have been keeping them busy with other opportunities, so the natural hang outs of the past seasons are now fewer and more contrived.

I can't stand Roxy. I tolerated her early when all she did was whine and make words like "gooooooood" into four syllable words. She lost me forever last season holding her nose in the Chinese market.

With the current situation with her and Morgan, come on. That's very shady. The type of properties that Brendan is showing are very high end. Cheating him out of 6% commission (give or take) on a presumably Multi-million dollar property that Brendan showed you early as a favor? Not cool. It's not only the loss of income, but it could jeopardize his job, promotion prospects, etc. After Roxy waxed so poetic about still loving a boyfriend who treated her like crap, I could see her not saying anything to stop Nick, or whatever his name is, just to cling to a boyfriend. (I just assume all bad guys on reality shows are named Nick).

And with that, I apparently have too many feelings about RKOBH.

Edited by The Evil One
  • Love 7

Aw, I was kind of hoping this show would have single episode threads. Throw me into the group that does not understand why they like this show. These people should be so annoying, but they're not. At least, for the most part. The fast-talking and high-pitched voices don't bother me because at times I can be a fast-talker and my voice isn't always pleasant to listen to. I feel like this is just a really well-balanced show. They do enough to keep things interesting but not enough that you have to get really invested in it. Sometimes you just want to look at pretty venues and meals. It really is like a distillation of Instagram. I don't think we ever stay in a scene long enough for me to get bored. I prefer it when they don't fight because that's when it gets tedious.

Oh, and does anyone happen to know what songs Jonny has written?

• Love 2

Episode 6:

"#HatersGonnaHate"

Brendan worries about the money Morgan is spending, while she searches for the perfect wedding dress; at the same time, Dorothy tries to change her voice in response to online criticism; and Roxy has a talk with Morgan about the problems in their friendship.

Airs June 28, 2015.

This episode was just kind of meh. Taylor is just so, so irritating. Especially when defending Bobby in her THs.

I was surprised Morgan said Roxy would have been her maid of honor. I would have thought Morgan would choose Dorothy.

Plus, does Roxy's boyfriend not hang out with the group? With the whole Brendan thing, plus not hanging with the group or appearing on camera I don't know if the Roxy/Nick relationship or the Morgan/Roxy friendship is long for the world. 

I see Roxy will try to be the martyr next week by not going to London. I hope the rest of the them go and have the time of their lives.

Oh, and does anyone happen to know what songs Jonny has written?

I don't know all of them, but this is the one he was talking about that Nelly features on. Warning, it's exactly as bad as you'd expect a song written by Jonny to be.

Agreed that this was a pretty meh "filler before the big trip" episode. I was also surprised to hear Morgan say Roxy would have been her Maid of Honor. Nothing that they have shown to date made me think that they were that close. While Morgan might have known Roxy for longer, it sure seems like she and Dorothy voluntarily hang out alot more/are much more involved in eachother's lives.

I'm so over the Taylor/Bobby storyline. I'd totally watch more Morgan wedding planning, though.

Roxy's such a bint.  She's the personification of a person who can dish it out but can't take it.  Get out of my living room, bitch.

And I always find myself focusing on Saachi whenever he's onscreen.  Poor little surfer boi, so far away from the ocean in BH.  I wonder how much he pays to get his hair to look that stupid.

• Love 3

"I like EJ! I think he's in on the joke too, but Morgan and Dorothy deliver it with a wink and nudge whereas he delivers it with perfectly arched eyebrow"

Totally agree. Love EJ. Yes he's a snobby queen but that's what he wants.

Oosala, love that you used the word bint. One of my faves, and Roxy definitely is one. And I want more Saachi!

• Love 2

Watching these vain, selfish people is like watching bugs under a microscope - they're fascinating in that they seem to have no redeeming qualities at all. With all their money, they don't seem to do one single thing to make the world a better place. Pure narcissism at its finest. 

• Love 4

Yeah, I always thought Morgan and Dorothy were besties. Why is Morgan so upset about her falling out with Roxy? She's the one who chewed Roxy a new asshole when they met up to talk about what Roxy's boyfriend did. It looks to me like Brendan is already over it and now Morgan is the one who lost a friend, which by the way, we all know they will make up just in time for Roxy to be in the wedding. 

(edited)

Morgan is a raging, controlling narcissist. I would LOVE to know what the others think about her off-camera. She's like the bossy mean girl kindergartener on the playground, cornering people and trying to control what they say and do.

I suspect poor deluded Brandon thinks he is "marrying up" and is in for some depressing surprises a few years down the road. How many times has he pointed out the big ring? Morgan views him as a wallet and it appears he is already supporting her, despite her "blog."  Actually, I guess most of them are supported by their parents, with the exception of Roxy.

They make a lot of snarky, clever comments on camera, but I see a lot of snobby contempt behind those comments.  Initially in the series they tried to keep it light and pandered to the audience, but now they are being more cynical and direct.

And they have horrible manners - the endless public fights.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

Why is Morgan so upset about her falling out with Roxy?

I don't get it either. They never seemed that close, so I was surprised to Morgan getting so weepy over it. Then again, I don't think Morgan is a good enough actress to feign tears, so there must be something to it. Maybe its because Morgan and Dorothy make better TV than whiny Roxy so we haven't seen how close they are? Who knows, but for me, the less of Roxy (and her stucky up whine) we see, the better!

I just caught the first look at the new episode, and among other events EJ shares that he has lost 180 pounds! I knew he'd lost weight, but I thought he'd lost around half as much. He said he'd lost about half of himself. He also said that men treat him differently, and he doesn't have to work as hard now.

I didn't really blame Bobby for being chill about the breakup.  They appeared to be dating for what? Two weeks or so?  I agreed with Morgan when she mentioned that meeting the parents shouldn't even be happening at such an early stage.

Dorothy & her Asians & photos comments KILLED!!!!!! I rewound it twice!

Dude. She's funny and Morgan too in a very self-aware way. I loved the comment about Asian tourists finding the best spots for photos, saying they've scoped out the area, etc. I adore her.

• Love 2

Episode 8:

"#PartyCrasher"

Morgan wonders if she can ever recover her relationship with Roxy; EJ's weight loss gives him the confidence to look for a relationship; Taylor films a music video and finds her Prince Charming.

Airs July 12, 2015.