Type keyword(s) to search

Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Episode 2:

"#BahamaDrama"

EJ brings his friends to the Bahamas for support; Taylor finds flirting with Bobby to be a welcome distraction from Roxy.

Airs May 31, 2015.

Brandon is a doll. I love how he's struggling to keep the engagement a secret and wanting to tell whoever it was "I'm about to be engaged, too." 

I don't think Taylor literally meant that Roxy mentored her, but that she looked up to her and got advice. Mentor is likely not the word she'd have used back then, but then again, who knows. That said, time to grow up, girl. All of this worrying about seeing Roxy is too stupid. Wish they'd found some other rich kid to bring on the show.

I totally did not follow the story Roxy was telling regarding Taylor. Roxy's sister was involved too? It's time to move on ladies. No one says you have to be besties. Taylor agreed to be on the show so she can't be that broken up about it still. Unless her famewhoriness is just that out of control.

I loved how Morgan described the salsa girl emoji. "What's she running away for? More guacamole? Me too, bitch, me too!" I like her easygoing style. I liked her grilling EJ about his family vacays too. 

• Love 1

I'm really not feeling the new people. I liked it when EJ was on it occasionally.

I mean, I thought this was the Dorothy and Morgan show? I would watch an hour of them talking to the camera.

• Love 4

Taylor needed to get over it (especially because it happened when she was a freshman, so that was 10 years ago) but I don't believe Roxy's story at all. So your little sister's best friend gets a boyfriend and gets flaky about hanging out with her friends, as teenage girls are wont to do, and you take it upon yourself to step in and "exclude her like she excluded your sister"? Sorry, nope, not buying it. You went the extra mile and made sure she knew she wasn't wanted or needed and probably did so for the next two years of high school even though it wasn't your battle to fight. Also interesting that none of the boyfriend stuff that Taylor had mentioned was addressed.

• Love 3
(edited)

Taylor does seem a bit over-dramatic about her issue with Roxy but I am inclined to believe Taylor a bit more than Roxy.  Roxy's side of her story doesn't really add up.  One the one hand in interviews outside of the show and a bit in the show, she says how her memories with Taylor were so much more positive and they had so much fun and everything was great.  Then she talks about how she wasn't happy with how Taylor supposedly dropped her sister and she tried to make Taylor feel how her sister felt.  That doesn't sound positive at all, that sounds sketchy. I may be biased though because I don't like Roxy (or Jonny).  

With Dorothy vs Jonny and Roxy, I am team Dorothy.  They seem to have it out for her and are quick to blame her.  I like that how they were pretty smug when they finally coerced her to apologize but if they listened to what she said, she gave a pretty well-crafted non-apology.  Dorothy may be pretty vapid at times but I think she's smarter than she seems.  I too would love to just listen to Morgan and Dorothy's talking heads for hours.

Also Brendan can't help but smile whenever he talks about Morgan and proposing and it's adorable.

Edited by DammitJanet
  • Love 1

Roxy hollering for Rosé from the ocean amused me for some reason..otherwise there even though it feels like Taylor is being over dramatic, Roxy is definitely trying to make it seem like it is less than it was. 

Once again love the EJ/Morgan interaction by the pool and in general and can't wait for Brendan to propose next week. 

I can't WAIT for that proposal!!! These kids, IMO, made the best of what I'm sure were very good educations. Except maybe Roxy (& new girl, who knows)

They are also, IMO, the most mature cast on any reality show that I watch. Which, to be sure, isn't saying much

I'm really not feeling the new people. I liked it when EJ was on it occasionally.

I mean, I thought this was the Dorothy and Morgan show? I would watch an hour of them talking to the camera.

I agree. They are so funny together!. I thought they were best friends first season. I see a disconnect between them now. I don't like Roxy. I could totally see her being a bully in High School. However, that was a long time ago. Get over it, Taylor. 

Morgan looked gorgeous in that photo shoot. It's amazing what makeup can do.  

I'm gonna need Taylor and EJ and that greaseball Bobby to GTFO of my fun show right now, they're dragging it down. I was actually quite bored with the most recent episode and ended up having to FF through all the copious scenes involving freaking annoying-ass Taylor. And not to be a hater, but EJ was more fun and funnier when he was fat and mostly staying put in NYC. He's only bearable in small doses and his excessive head-tossing and Auntie Mame-ing is starting to majorly bug.

Jonny and Roxy need to stop getting on Dorothy's case over her highly evolved shade-throwing skills. She's Asian, it's like written into her DNA (I mean, hello, have they ever seen or met her mom, that lady looks like the Empress of Shade), so for them to berate her all the time for shading them is borderline racist on their parts imo.

I'd be all for it being the Morgan and Dorothy show.  Without them the show is worthless. 

I have a feeling Taylor and Roxy were friends.... something happened between Taylor and Roxy's sister... Roxy got pissed and just became a super duper mean girl. How shunned can you get in high school if you're David Hasslehoff's daughter while he was on Baywatch?!  I'm sure it was tramatic then... but probably not as big of a deal now. And I don't really mean to downplay her feelings since she said she needed therapy.... but i dunno....

• Love 2

I do not like Taylor one bit. She's bringing the drama and I could do without it. I could do without her, Jonny and Roxy. But I am also excited for the proposal! Also liked how excited Brendan is/was about proposing! very sweet!

• Love 1

I have a feeling Taylor and Roxy were friends.... something happened between Taylor and Roxy's sister... Roxy got pissed and just became a super duper mean girl. How shunned can you get in high school if you're David Hasslehoff's daughter while he was on Baywatch?!  I'm sure it was tramatic then... but probably not as big of a deal now. And I don't really mean to downplay her feelings since she said she needed therapy.... but i dunno....

Yeah, while I'm mostly in the 'move on' camp, I don't want to be insensitive either since she went to/is probably still going to therapy.  However, if being in the same room with Roxy is so traumatic 10+ years later, then why bother signing up for the show? I hope this doesn't drag down the season because I'm over this non motherfucking factor ass storyline, already.

• Love 1

Agreed about loving Morgan and Dorothy. They are great to watch - funny, naturally pretty, smart. The new girl - Hasslehoff - is just so ordinary. There's nothing about her look or her personality that belong on my TV screen. Go back into obscurity, hasslehoff.

Morgan is my girl crush, but I think she's lost enough weight. She is noticeably thinner this season and she looked just fine last season. Slow down, girl.

Episode 3:

"#RingOnIt"

Brendan surprises Morgan with a proposal; Roxy puts together a charity event for her sister and hopes her new boyfriend will come to support her; Taylor and Bobby get closer.

Airs June 7, 2015.

I think maybe that the David Hasselhoff cheeseburger incident was around the same time as Taylor and Roxy's falling out?  I can imagine that exposing your dad as an alcoholic and being tormented by your friend's sister can send you to therapy for a while.

• Love 2

I actually teared up during Brendan's proposal.  He's so cute and was so nervous.  I love them as a couple and they truly make this show worth watching.

Roxy continues to annoy.  Her BF is not cute.  Do we know anything about him?

Taylor's crush is cute.  However, I agree with Dorothy, he's not worth the baby mama drama.

More EJ please.

• Love 2

I liked seeing the kid pics of Brendan and his sister were cute.

I hated Morgan's makeup for the online magazine photo shoot. It made her look a) generic and b) 45 years old. Way too heavy a hand and I think Morgan looks better with her natural look.

Brendan seems like a really, really nice guy. I LOVE that the proposal was at their place and it was sweet and real. Not some Kanye-level over-the-top BS.

I had to chuckle at the photoshoot when 1) Morgan found out she was shooting a cover and 2) when she then found out it was all fake. She cracks me up.

The Taylor and Bobby thing will NOT end well.

• Love 2
(edited)

I enjoyed seeing the proposal and how genuine the whole thing seemed to be - all the way through Brendan's planning and nerves and Morgan's utter emotional surprise over it all.  That ring is insanely gorgeous; I want it so bad!  I truly hope these two make their marriage last a lifetime.  While they obviously both come from very privileged backgrounds and clearly enjoy the finer things in life, they both seem to be down-to-earth and have families that have down-to-earth values as well.  I also hope Morgan follows suit with her mother and never succumbs to over-the-top plastic surgery as she ages.  She looks so much like her mother and her mother looks wonderful.  Both look so natural, which is refreshing to see in the plastic surgery obsessed city such as Beverly Hills.

Taylor and Bobby are obviously both desperate famewhores by appearing on this show.  Bobby just meets Taylor and he's already asking her about her drama with Roxy?  Totally producer driven.  Are the producers trying to push Bobby on us as a full-time cast member as well?  I mean, why does he already have a TH?  I don't think he needs one and it's not a good sign that he'll go away if he already has one.

Anyway, on the off-chance that their little flirtatious relationship is real, Taylor definitely needs to run far, far away from that baby mama drama mess.  It's one thing if he had a baby as a result of a one-night stand.  But it's obviously a whole other ballgame if he was with the girl for several years and the child is only a few months old.  And the baby mama is leaving bitchy comments on her social media?  Run, bitch, before your tires get slashed.

Roxy's sister is dangerously close to a unibrow. Not a good look.

I laughed out loud at Dorothy's "Do I know anyone personally with baby mama drama?  No, but I watch it on VH1 and rap videos."

P.S. Thanks to all of you who explained what a vocal fry is.  I tried to see if I do it, but I obviously don't because I literally can't get my voice to do that.  Now I'm becoming semi-obsessed with catching people who do it.  Weird.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 1

Unfortunately the older we as women get the more likely we end up dating a guy with baby mama drama. Doesn't matter if they were married and divorced or just dating and it didn't work out, or a one nighter with a parting gift...but I know for a fact that looking for men in my age group (I am 33) a good many do have kids which means there will be a baby mama. I do try to only look for those who don't already have kids, but that's only because of bad experiences dating guys who do. It's not a dealbreaker for everyone though.

• Love 1

Unfortunately the older we as women get the more likely we end up dating a guy with baby mama drama. Doesn't matter if they were married and divorced or just dating and it didn't work out, or a one nighter with a parting gift...but I know for a fact that looking for men in my age group (I am 33) a good many do have kids which means there will be a baby mama. I do try to only look for those who don't already have kids, but that's only because of bad experiences dating guys who do. It's not a dealbreaker for everyone though.

I wasn't advocating for Taylor to never date guys with baby mamas; I was saying she needed to run in the other direction based on this guy's baby mama drama (and his already obvious sketchiness).  Being a single woman in my 30's, I know how the odds shrink in terms of finding a kidless guy to date, so I understand.  (Although I do prefer to date someone without kids, it's not a total dealbreaker for me, either.)

I like how Brendan is so close with his family and that he wants to have kids and a family of his own. Morgan is lucky to have him. I would imagine guys like that are hard to find in the superficial land of Beverly Hills/LA. They are a really cute couple.

I liked seeing the kid pics of Brendan and his sister were cute.

I hated Morgan's makeup for the online magazine photo shoot. It made her look a) generic and b) 45 years old. Way too heavy a hand and I think Morgan looks better with her natural look.

I thought she looked gorgeous!  I also think she looks great going with natural as well.  Lucky girl. 

And this is why I fear I will be single for the rest of my life and a crazy cat lady.... I'm in my early 30s, no suitors in site and it's very hard to find one with no kids and this is going to sound horrible but I do not want to be a step mom. 

• Love 2

And this is why I fear I will be single for the rest of my life and a crazy cat lady.... I'm in my early 30s, no suitors in site and it's very hard to find one with no kids and this is going to sound horrible but I do not want to be a step mom. 

Same here. This is also going to sound awful, but I don't even want to have kids of my own so why would I want to care for someone else's? I've done the dating guys with kids thing and it just ends up being awkward.

• Love 2

Same here. This is also going to sound awful, but I don't even want to have kids of my own so why would I want to care for someone else's? I've done the dating guys with kids thing and it just ends up being awkward.

TOTTAAALLLLLY agree. I have no desire to have kids.  I'm awkward around other people's kids.  I love my nephews.  They are 11 hours away.  That's enough lol 

I don't mind other people's kids... like if i'm around my friends and their kids that's ok but I just don't want to be responsible for any lol 

• Love 3

Haha, okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is apprehensive with not only dating a guy with kids, but being apprehensive to have kids of my own.  I love the kids that my friends and family have, but a few hours here or there is good enough for me and then they get to go home!  LOL  I think Taylor is a little young to "saddle" herself with a guy with a kid already, too, especially such a young one.  I don't know what kind of a father this guy is, but since the child is just a baby, I'd hope he'd want to spend as much time with him as possible, so I can't imagine that would leave much time to date Taylor since he has his own businesses to run as well.  (That's another reason why I find it difficult to date a guy with kids - I don't want to "share" my time with him with his kids!  :P)

• Love 1

I thought Bobby looked familiar and it turns out he was the "winner" of A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila!  And here I thought Bobby seemed sleazy enough already...

I also did some Dorothy-style investigating and on the show it seems like Taylor and Bobby met on the trip to Bahamas but a week before the trip, Taylor posted two pictures of her and Bobby.  There's definitely something sketchy about this budding romance.  I'd like less of them and more of Morgan, Dorothy and EJ giving me sage wisdom in their talking heads.

(This show is clearly becoming too addicting for me)

• Love 1

I thought Morgan looked very pretty at the photo shoot, but I wasn't surprised. Even with no makeup, she has good features. She looks a lot like her mom! I'm also glad she never touched her nose, because doing so would have made her look too generic and cookie cutter.

Can't stand Taylor, ugh. Not too bright, and a crashing bore.

(edited)

This show is definitely a guilty pleasure for me. My husband rolls his eyes when he hears those fried voices.

Does anyone know more about the ring that Brendan gave Morgan? Was it a diamond or another precious gemstone.

What does Brendan do for a living? I got a kick out of his father; sitting there with his shiny tan and white hair and just smiling while his son talked. And the dad's comment about how his son has a better handle on all of this than he did... which he then said explained his current situation. Made me laugh.

I understand how many of the posters here are not in the market for men who have children. When my son started dating his girlfriend a few years ago, I asked him if she had any children. He doesn't and it turned out that she doesn't either. And sure enough, their relationship has been a real success. A lot of men without children aren't all that into women who have baby daddy drama.

And that Bobby person has much more of an Jersey Shore look about him. He also appears to be much older than most of the rest of the cast. Sort of worn out looking when compared to the rest of them.

But, geez, this new guy they introduced to the show has a real baby and by that I mean the child is still an infant. Someone who has a practically newborn infant, whether married or with the baby's mother or not, really isn't dating material for a new woman. Too much necessary baggage for him to be taking care of rather than dating anyone new.

Edited by maryis1

Morgan looks exactly like her mom, and I agree, she looks really good (i.e. no obvious plastic surgery). I missed a lot of season 1 and need to catch up - where is her mom from? She seems to have an accent.

Sweden I think they said......? Not 100% sure on that. 

• Love 1

Sweden makes sense because it definitely sounds like a Germanic language. Also the effortless, blonde good looks. I just watched this episode last night and the proposal was so charming. I thought it was cute afterwards when Morgan was disappointed in not getting the OK magazine cover. As if...

• Love 1

I thought she was from Switzerland, too, since they seem to go there often.  I know her schizophrenic brother apparently lives there, but I think her parents go there not just because of him.

Episode 4:

"#NeverHaveIEver"

Bobby lashes out at game night and puts Taylor at odds with the group; EJ and Dorothy are on the prowl for men; a deal goes bad between Brendan and Roxy's boyfriend.

Airs June 14, 2015.

Even though I love EJ and his girlish charm, I cannot get past the shape of his head. I don't know if he had some kind of plastic surgery on his cheeks, or it was somehow an unfortunate side effect of his weight loss but his head is strange!! The bottom half seems too large for the top half. Anyone else noticing this? Those glasses he's been wearing don't do much to hide it either, if anything they accentuate it. Just very odd proportions.

I'm sick of both Bobby and Taylor already. They can disappear anytime now. The Hoff could stay.

Lastly, I am curious why this show is called Rich Kids of BH...none of these people are remotely kids. It bugs me the same way obvious grammar mistakes do.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ugh, get Bobby off of this show, PLEASE!  As if his douchebaggery in and of itself wasn't bad enough, I finally realized who he reminds me of - Stephen Baldwin.

Just looking at Stephen Baldwin makes my skin crawl with douchebag heebie jeebies; now when I look at Bobby, my skin crawls the same way.  Gross.

Hey, Dorothy... maybe it's just me, but that dude KC seems to be more suited for EJ or Jonny than you.  Just sayin'...

Roxy looks like she has totally checked out of this entire show, not just with her friendship with Morgan.  I got that vibe from her even before the falling out.  I think she's one of those girls who will ditch her friends and every other part of her life when she gets a serious boyfriend.  Seems to be the case with this dude Nick.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 1

I wonder why Roxy doesn't see what Nick did as a serious character flaw. Set aside her relationship with Morgan and Brendan but if someone shows you a house, how is not shady to go around them and buy the house without them? I would think that if Roxy's boyfriend was really serious about the relationship he would want to make a good impression with her best friend because they'd probably all be hanging out as couples. Nick seems cut throat - Roxy should proceed with caution.

As for her reaction to Morgan, I can see why Morgan was upset. Didn't Brendan say that he and Roxy have known each other since first grade? These are long friendships. Plus, she asked Brendan to show her boyfriend a house - so by doing that she has involved herself. If he had gone to Brendan on his own it would have been one thing. I think it makes Roxy look really bad. She'll feel worse though when this relationship doesn't work out and she's lost two friends.

• Love 5

I agree OnceSane, I also find it hard to believe that Roxy and Morgan are best friends. Maybe because Roxy seems fake as hell and all about herself + whatever loser guy she happens to be dating, and I think Morgan -- for her often shallow moments, God love her -- is a genuine person who actually really cares about everyone in her life and has their best interests at heart.

This Taylor/Bobby thing seems really suspect. I bet they were dating before the show and he was brought on the show because Taylor wanted him on it and the producers contrived to make it look like they'd just met. Either way, he's a greasy creep and they need to both get gone from my fun show. They're sucking a lot of my enjoyment out of this show.

Nick is a dick, but I don't really care because I don't give a toss about Roxy (I do care that he screwed over Brendan because I think Brendan is a total sweetie and my favorite person on the show). And I'll have little sympathy when he leaves her high and dry and she realizes that putting crappy men before lifelong friends is a stupid narcissistic short-sighted move.

• Love 1
(edited)

I want to thank Dorothy and EJ for stating my exact feelings on the [non-]word "bae."  It is the most inane thing ever and, as Dorothy said, you can totally properly enunciate the damn word "babe."

What is up with Taylor's constant habit of sticking her tongue in between her upper lip and her top front teeth?  I noticed her doing that during the trip to the Bahamas and it was all I could see whenever she was shown in this episode, too.  So annoying!

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 2