Type keyword(s) to search

Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't know why, I get drawn into this show. But it does play in the background, so I don't remember much of what is going on. I do wish we could see more of China though, especially since I don't think I will be lucky enough to see it from Dorothy's perspective. Though I do hope they paid for the pimple cream, since her dad owns the building, but not all the stores (though he may be a significant shareholder).

• Love 1

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's watching this show here. The rich kids on this show don't bother me as much as I thought they would. They don't take themselves too seriously.

I, too, want to see more of China and preferably from Dorothy's perspective.

Edited by Surrealist

I am thoroughly enjoying this show. And I couldn't be further removed from the social media/selfie world, but these people crack me up.

Dorothy and Morgan are both really pretty. They don't look like every other person on tv. They dress well, have a natural look about them, have good senses of humor and seem bright. I like them. Lol at the bedazzled rickshaw line & 'did you just call me a bear?'

Roxy, on the other hand, annoys the shit out of me. She's obviously a whiny, entitled little brat, as evidenced by her outrage that the hotel staff weren't prepared to properly greet her by name - but what I find even more bothersome is her nose. It looks like she used to have a giant beak of a nose There's something weird about it - like it doesn't move at all when she talks or the area between her upper lip and nose is too big. Just looks like an obvious nose job and distracts me in all of her talking heads. I just see her 'before' nose when I look at her.

• Love 4

Roxy, on the other hand, annoys the shit out of me. She's obviously a whiny, entitled little brat, as evidenced by her outrage that the hotel staff weren't prepared to properly greet her by name

THIS.  "They knew your names but not miiiiiiiiine!"  Ugh.  She has been a pill through most of this trip.  But she wasn't even in my top 5 people on this show last season, so I'm not surprised she still annoys me.

I found it dumb sounding that they couldn't survive without pizza for just under ten days. And then act like that is a long time. Like, seriously? You're in China where you have access to all the crazy awesome authentic Asian food you could ever want.....and you want pizza?! Ugh.

I found it dumb sounding that they couldn't survive without pizza for just under ten days. And then act like that is a long time. Like, seriously? You're in China where you have access to all the crazy awesome authentic Asian food you could ever want.....and you want pizza?! Ugh.

I read that more as a everything around me is new (albeit new and amazing and once in a lifetime) and looking for the comfort of something familiar. Mostly because they never struck me as running to McD's on the regular if they were at home. 

• Love 1

I can see trying China's version of pizza. But I'm pretty sure they wanted our version, which I bet does not exist there.

Nope.  Well, there might have been a Pizza Hut or something at the mall in Shanghai, we did find a McDonalds (fries craving) & a KFC (ice cream craving).  & don't get me started on their version of Cheetos!

I can see wanting a taste of home, I did when I was there.  But only a taste, the food there is too amazing to not eat as much of it as possible.

I am thoroughly enjoying this show. And I couldn't be further removed from the social media/selfie world, but these people crack me up.

Dorothy and Morgan are both really pretty. They don't look like every other person on tv. They dress well, have a natural look about them, have good senses of humor and seem bright. I like them. Lol at the bedazzled rickshaw line & 'did you just call me a bear?'

Roxy, on the other hand, annoys the shit out of me. She's obviously a whiny, entitled little brat, as evidenced by her outrage that the hotel staff weren't prepared to properly greet her by name - but what I find even more bothersome is her nose. It looks like she used to have a giant beak of a nose There's something weird about it - like it doesn't move at all when she talks or the area between her upper lip and nose is too big. Just looks like an obvious nose job and distracts me in all of her talking heads. I just see her 'before' nose when I look at her.

I am shocked but happy that Morgan hasn't gotten a nose job. She is a natural beauty but probably thinks she's not. She even complained about her nose in season one, and I'm sure nose jobs are like haircuts in her circle (Roxy).

• Love 2

I am shocked but happy that Morgan hasn't gotten a nose job. She is a natural beauty but probably thinks she's not. She even complained about her nose in season one, and I'm sure nose jobs are like haircuts in her circle (Roxy).

Same here. It's refreshing that she could afford a nose job, but didn't see the point in getting one because she's fine with how she looks. She is pretty.

I cannot explain why I like this show. I think it's because for as vapid and shallow as these "kids" they actually seem kind of smart. I mean, this show is the epitome of first world problems, but there is something inherently likable about these people.

Yes! I love this show. These kids went to good schools AND paid attention. Sometimes they grate (see: most of trip to China) but I love Morgan and Brandon & I think this is the level of wealth the real housewives shows were going for and missed by a long long long shot!!

ETA: and they move on past their fights and are more mature than the real housewives, although I realize that isn't saying much. I wish the show was an hour long. Another thing that I find interesting is the lack of discussion who EJ's dad is. And also I would love it if they were to talk about how his family feels about him being so flamboyant! I mean, they show the sister but that's about it.

The whole matching your date faux pas had me rolling on the floor!

Edited by DrSparkles

Yeah, I wonder how EJ's parents feel, too. I'm sure they're totally supportive of his sexuality, but the makeup and dresses and the handbags are a bit much for me. I think he wants to be the next Andre Leon Talley, who also could benefit from a gym membership and a wardrobe upgrade. That said, I like him and he is often very amusing.  I wonder if the flamboyance is to mask his insecurities. A friend told me he's very smart and doing quite well in school.

I also love Morgan and Brandon and would be disappointed if they didn't last. Good thing Brandon's rich because on the rare occasions I check out her blog I am amazed by how little time she spends working on it.

• Love 1

One of my favorite lines was from Dorothy about Roxy. Basically if you get jet lag it means you're not "well-traveled." It's such shade-throwing snark. She's insulting Roxy in a very subtle way.

Generally I like this show because these "kids" don't take themselves too seriously. They can see the ridiculousness of it all and play it up as such. It's a tossup between Dorothy and Morgan as to who has better one-liners. EJ definitely thinks he's witty and the over-the-topness of his personality is grating. A little too self-aware for me.

Edited by SophiaPehawkins
  • Love 1

One of my favorite lines was from Dorothy about Roxy. Basically if you get jet lag it means you're not "well-traveled." It's such shade-throwing snark. She's insulting Roxy in a very subtle way.

Generally I like this show because these "kids" don't take themselves too seriously. They can see the ridiculousness of it all and play it up as such. It's a tossup between Dorothy and Morgan as to who has better one-liners. EJ definitely thinks he's witty and the over-the-topness of his personality is grating. A little too self-aware for me.

Yes! And I love how Brandon, in the THs, seems to struggle to keep up with Morgan!

Just made a marathon of S02 today -never heard about that show before- and... I surprisingly loved it !

I had a crush on Morgan and Brandon -look, Kristen "From VDPR", that's what a "normal" happy couple looks like- and I found them (ALL of them ! OMG !) much more mature than quite every Housewife from any show I've watched / still watch.

Will there be a season #03 ?

Still dislike Roxy and Jonny so much.

EJ looks really good!

I love how natural Morgan always looks - sitting around in sweats and going out with very natural and not caked on makeup. Also, she takes things in stride - like the fight with her boyfriend. It didn't turn into World War 3.

Only 1 episode in but I'm not warming up to the Hasselhoff girl. Honestly, I can't believe that girl is her younger sister; I thought it was her mom!

• Love 2

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes this show and can't explain why!  So much of what they do and say is so vapid and superficial, but I can't help but laugh, especially during Dorothy and Morgan's TH's.  Love them.

Only 1 episode in but I'm not warming up to the Hasselhoff girl. Honestly, I can't believe that girl is her younger sister; I thought it was her mom!

Double yes to both points.  I honestly couldn't believe that girl was her younger sister, either.  She looks like she's in her 40's.  So weird.  I don't know why the producers felt it necessary to add Taylor.  I would be perfectly happy with them keeping the same cast for as long as the show continues.  So far, she adds absolutely nothing to the show.  And Roxy may have been a "mean girl" to her back in high school, which sucks, sure, but it's kind of pathetic to still be easily reduced to tears over it years later.  Sounds like it was nothing more than high school boy drama, not Roxy shoving her into lockers and garbage cans and beating the crap out of her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Love that Brendan had to go undercover to buy Morgan's ring.  I like the relationship he and Morgan have.  Probably bc I just like these two as people.

I've never 'known' someonewhotalksasfastasMorgan. 

Hasselhoff's daughter reminds me of Stephanie Pratt.  Her 'vocal fry' can take a fucking seat. And so can her bathing suit.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3
(edited)

Morgan is my spirit animal (or maybe spirit blonde?). I started watching this show out of boredom and to see if I'd spot places I've frequented. I was fully expecting to hate it and not be able to get past the first episode, but I love it. Dorothy's facial expressions are hilarious. Jonny's facial expressions are almost as hilarious. Almost everything that comes out of Morgan's mouth is hilarious (only two exceptions -- the Natalie Wood comment and the Christopher Reeve comment, but her 1975 Anjelica Huston comment + showing off a profile view of her nose was gold). Also, I'm worried that I may be developing a thing for Brendan lol. He looks so boring and hedge fund manager until all of a sudden he grins and then I'm like 'Oooh, his smile is so effervescent and genuine-looking.' And I really like his drier than an extra brut champagne sense of humor.

Call me cliquey, but I feel like the addition of Taylor is unnecessary. I like the core group as it is. I guess they added her so she can be EJ's New York sidekick? I hope this doesn't signal more of a shift in the show's focus towards EJ and away from Dorothy and Morgan+Brendan, because the latter is why I continue to watch this show and enjoy it. And what's going on with Taylor's bangs/the situation near her hairline & middle part?

Edited by pamplemousse
  • Love 2

I love how natural Morgan always looks - sitting around in sweats and going out with very natural and not caked on makeup.

I usually like a natural look also, but Morgan is wearing ZERO makeup this year.  She's sitting in restaurants looking like she just washed her face.  I'm not sure I like that natural! 

I think they probably thought they needed more drama between everyone, but I hope the show won't revolve now around Taylor and Roxy.  Roxy is my least favorite character by far; it doesn't surprise me one bit that she made Taylor's life miserable in high school.  She's always struck me as a bully.  

And thanks to the poster who said Taylor looks just like She-Pratt!  It was driving me crazy!  

I usually like a natural look also, but Morgan is wearing ZERO makeup this year.  She's sitting in restaurants looking like she just washed her face.  I'm not sure I like that natural! 

I admit I was a bit surprised that she wasn't a little more put together for her meeting with the magazine editor. I hope she stepped it up a bit for the videos.

I watched a bit last season and so didn't turn this off last night, despite wanting to plunge for the remote every time the vocal fry/upspeak/general vocal hideousness started (seriously, Dorothy is 27 and still talks like that? Most high-schoolers sound less stupid). I like Morgan, but I suspect that part of my like for her is that she seems to be actively maturing beyond this group of vapid imbeciles. The rest need jobs, an infusion of common sense, and a mega-dose of reality.

I'd feel a lot more sorry for the Hasselhoff daughter if she hadn't just voluntarily signed up to appear on a show with her high school tormenter. I mean, duh, did she expect not to interact with her? Did she somehow not get that filming this awkwardness and the subsequent tearful meltdowns was the reason she was added to the cast? And I'm shocked/horrified that her sister is apparently a middle-aged woman who stepped directly out of 1982.

• Love 1

And I'm shocked/horrified that her sister is apparently a middle-aged woman who stepped directly out of 1982.

Seriously. Like, WTF was that outfit? She looked like Faye Dunaway from Mommie Dearest collided with a nun/schoolmarm topped off with a big pink elephant. There might as well have been neon arrows pointing at her labeled 'Doing The Most' and 'Trying Hardest.' And the trend of wearing huge long coats without putting your arms in the sleeves needs to die, it looks so ridiculous (not even Morgan could pull it off, although she came probably the closest I've ever seen). Pity because I thought Hayley had a very pretty face, reminded me of a young Debbie Harry.

Nitpick (because I do find this show fun to watch most of the time): I wish the cast members would step up their handbag games. It's mostly just Birkins, Kellys, and Chanels. It's kind of boring.

• Love 2

Is it just me or are Morgan and Dorothy not that good of friends anymore?  They all seem like they hardly see each other. 

Still love this guilty pleasure of a show. 

Is it just me or are Morgan and Dorothy not that good of friends anymore?  They all seem like they hardly see each other. 

Still love this guilty pleasure of a show. 

I felt the same way, too. I really like Morgan and Brendan, even though I am way too old to be watching this shit. It cracked me up when EJ and whoever were talking about Dorothy and how she could totally get away with premeditated murder. 

The Hasselhof girl can go. 

(edited)

I actually think this way about Morgan and Dorothy in regards to their friendship with Roxy.  I follow all three of them on Twitter and Instagram (just for kicks, I'm an intelligent, career-oriented 36-year-old woman, I swear!) and it seems like there is much, much less interaction on there between Roxy and Morgan/Dorothy over the last couple of months.  Morgan and Dorothy still to do a hell of a lot together, including press for this new season whereas Roxy seems more distant with them and into doing more of her own thing now.  Makes me wonder...

Hasselhoff's daughter reminds me of Stephanie Pratt.  Her 'vocal fry' can take a fucking seat. And so can her bathing suit.

Thank youuuuu... I knew she reminded me of someone, but I couldn't figure out who.  By the way, what is a "vocal fry"?  I see a couple of you mention that in regards to Taylor and I don't know what you mean.

Taylor has the weirdest hairline I've ever seen.  It distracted me every time she was shown.

Yes, thank you for that, too!  I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on with her hairline, either.  There are some weird sharp right angle-like pieces to her hairline on right and left sides of her forehead.  Kind of hard to explain.

Edited by LIGirl

Thank youuuuu... I knew she reminded me of someone, but I couldn't figure out who.  By the way, what is a "vocal fry"?  I see a couple of you mention that in regards to Taylor and I don't know what you mean.

A quick youtube video will tell you all you need to know. 

But basically its described as 'uptalk', 'Valley Girl talk' or the way the Kardashian girls talk.

I don't think Dorothy and Roxy were ever close friends, I think they were just connected by Morgan. Now that it seems like Morgan and Roxy don't hang out as much (seems like Roxy is spending more time with Jonny), Dorothy and Roxy also don't hang out much. I always got the vibe that Dorothy and Roxy mostly just tolerated each other because they are both close with Morgan.

I think I figured out what's going on with Taylor's hairline. Seems like she has naturally wavy/curly hair and flat irons it, but the hair on either side of her part start curling up again due to heat/humidity/forehead sweat. She should look into getting a Japanese straight perm, there's a few places that do it in BH and I'm sure plenty in NYC. It's pricey, but she can afford it.

I just randomly remembered the other day Dorothy explaining why wearing too-big shoes is worse than too-small while I was running errands and I found myself laughing out loud. Call me crazy, but I feel like Dorothy and Morgan often dispense some solid, sensible tips in their talking heads in a fun, snarky way. They should co-author a Rich Girl's Guide, I think it'd be a fun read. Kind of like this video, in print form: http://okmagazine.com/videos/the-one-thing-richkids-of-beverly-hills-stars-dorothy-and-morgan-will-never-buy-for-themselves/ (Dorothy's snark about the Isabel Marant sneakers and reference to the movie Space Jam made me LOL). Another reason I like this show is trying to ID Morgan's clothes and shoes. I like her style -- laid back, California luxury casual.

• Love 1