Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

VMSR.png  Red Light: Community Check-In

This live chat thread has been assigned red light status due to a number of posts that don’t align with our community values of respect, diversity and inclusivity.

As it is representative of the general tone across the 90Day Fiancée forums, the live chat will remain locked until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone in the other topics.

Let’s shift the focus from the individual to their actions, fostering a space where every participant feels respected in their humanity. Consider how your words might influence not only current members but also those who observe from afar and how it shapes their perception of our forum's culture.

The topics will maintain this Red Light status until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone.

Here's what we're focusing on:

- Improvement Period: We have until May 2nd, 2024 to enhance the quality of our discussions. Otherwise, the entire 90Day Fiancée forum will be assigned Yellow Light status.

- Guidance: Highlighting what works well and identifying areas for growth are crucial. Our aim is constructive, respectful dialogue that includes all perspectives. The principle of kindness and inclusivity applies to everyone, even to the participants of the show. (Please note that that doesn’t mean you have to condone everything they say and do. It just means that comments should be mindful of their humanity).

- Assistance: If you’re unsure about contributing constructively, please consult our guidelines for helpful advice and best practices.
Check out the Top Chef S20 Live Chat for reference on healthy discussions of contestants.

- Your Contribution: Your active, respectful participation can help guide our discussions toward a Green Light status.

Together, we're committed to making this forum an inclusive environment for everyone. Your thoughtful engagement is essential to our collective progress.

• Start Topic

Just now, Suzywriter said:

Thanks! It's worth a shot. I'm terrified of ending up in Alfred Dunner separates, the stylist of AARP.

I told my friends they have permission to shoot me if I ever buy anything from Alfred Dunner. I once had to sing at a funeral for a nun at her “mother house.” The sisters in the congregation could have been a print ad for Alfred Dunner, in head to toe pastel polyester. 

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Fatima and Ahmed are doing well, now that he’s beaten her into submission.

We need more Fatima! Seriously, she’s such a treasure.

Oh, and Nicole turned 40 on March 23. Go figure.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Lol it was weird…I remember it was an assembly about safety…aElmer the safety elephant was there, and he mentioned to Elmer that John Candy went here and listened to Elmer…it was weird.

Safety elephant??

• Fire 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I told my friends they have permission to shoot me if I ever buy anything from Alfred Dunner. I once had to sing at a funeral for a nun at her “mother house.” The sisters in the congregation could have been a print ad for Alfred Dunner, in head to toe pastel polyester. 

You are a singer!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Nicole lives in a dream world.  

Without the cameras around Nicole would be living a nightmare with a controlling man determined to have her obey him.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2

When I was in high school I dated an Egyptian but since we are both Jewish it was not so much the culture clash but typical high school romance it was over and I have no idea why, I cannot remember, sigh. Today he is a very well respected jeweler in St. Barts, big sigh. 

What about Nicole going to spend part of the day with Mackmood at his job or go to a cultural event with his mother or sister in law? Nah, it's hella more fun to whine about things you should have known about if you ever saw a tv show or read a book or Googled anything.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
Just now, Shelbie said:

Without the cameras around Nicole would be living a nightmare with a controlling man determined to have her obey him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Do not marry into a culture of expected obedience. It's just asking for trouble. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Bees52 said:

Ohh... so Brother Mahmoud did live a little, he drank.... Tequila!

Not in Egypt, though.

And he “loved” it, so I’m sure he drank more than once. I’m sure he’s done a lot more that Mahmoud isn’t aware of. Especially since he noted that Mahmoud has no experience with women. I’m going to assume that older brother does.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Okay, mustache girl yet again. I have always been rubbed the wrong way by this commercial. I cannot pinpoint exactly why, though. Someone help.

I'm with you 100%.  It's because this girl seems to want to live mustachioed like Freda Kahlo but she's not an important artist.  So then... get the dang thing waxed off dummy!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Okay, mustache girl yet again. I have always been rubbed the wrong way by this commercial. I cannot pinpoint exactly why, though. Someone help.

Her mustached look with the yellow jacket and random booties is about as cohesive as dollar store salad dressing, AND her mustache is ratty. At least use some mustache wax so it's not all ratty.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Trackdawg said:

giphy.gif

NOOOOOOOOO DAWG NOW I HAVE TO LIVE WITH VISIONS OF GROSSDREW’S FACE IN MY NIGHTMARES TONIGHT

3 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

Where the hell has Geico been?  I miss those.

The Farmers commercials were the only ones I truly enjoyed.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What about Nicole going to spend part of the day with Mackmood at his job 

“Bring your Stupid American to Work Day.” Actually I thought her working at his fabric shop and designing clothing was the plan. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1