Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

VMSR.png  Red Light: Community Check-In

This live chat thread has been assigned red light status due to a number of posts that don’t align with our community values of respect, diversity and inclusivity.

As it is representative of the general tone across the 90Day Fiancée forums, the live chat will remain locked until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone in the other topics.

Let’s shift the focus from the individual to their actions, fostering a space where every participant feels respected in their humanity. Consider how your words might influence not only current members but also those who observe from afar and how it shapes their perception of our forum's culture.

The topics will maintain this Red Light status until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone.

Here's what we're focusing on:

- Improvement Period: We have until May 2nd, 2024 to enhance the quality of our discussions. Otherwise, the entire 90Day Fiancée forum will be assigned Yellow Light status.

- Guidance: Highlighting what works well and identifying areas for growth are crucial. Our aim is constructive, respectful dialogue that includes all perspectives. The principle of kindness and inclusivity applies to everyone, even to the participants of the show. (Please note that that doesn’t mean you have to condone everything they say and do. It just means that comments should be mindful of their humanity).

- Assistance: If you’re unsure about contributing constructively, please consult our guidelines for helpful advice and best practices.
Check out the Top Chef S20 Live Chat for reference on healthy discussions of contestants.

- Your Contribution: Your active, respectful participation can help guide our discussions toward a Green Light status.

Together, we're committed to making this forum an inclusive environment for everyone. Your thoughtful engagement is essential to our collective progress.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Years ago I read that book "Middlesex," the parents had to make a choice of the baby's sex, they chose female but the character ultimately chooses to live as a male, maybe it happens in real life more than we know?

Yes, most likely. There is an entire community of people whose children were born ambiguous, and years back many believed parents should not choose the sex, but let the child choose when they were older.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Definitely.  Wear the banana suit and throw more hay on the bear!

I will bring spray kerosene.

Can we throw in the shriveled up wart that I once was stuck with?

Edited by Suzywriter
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I'm glad Gabe and Isabel are doing so well.   Isabel's parents were accepting, and I applaude them for that, even though I'm sure they knew before the camera started filming. 

I'm hoping Gabe's endless discussion about the parents is only for the show. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Just now, Gobi said:

Gabe is desperate to keep their storyline alive.

Definitely. I’ve never had a religious person be nice to me, so surely your parents were talking shit about me, right? Right?! Work with me Isabel, I need to milk this into Pillow Talk.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Off topic: I tried to buy some new clothes for work (no jeans, no sneakers). Nothing fits, everything adds 50 lbs, pants are either highwaters or dragging the floor. I'm a short wide piston-shaped sort, and I just need to look somewhat fashionable. 

Any tips from other short wide office sorts? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Do Kris and Jeymi go to a knife throwing bar on their honeymoon?

I’m imagining an alternate storyline where Kris and Jeymi settle in her hometown in the US, and guess what their first stop is? Haleyville Gun Co.

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Off topic: I tried to buy some new clothes for work (no jeans, no sneakers). Nothing fits, everything adds 50 lbs, pants are either highwaters or dragging the floor. I'm a short wide piston-shaped sort, and I just need to look somewhat fashionable. 

Before retirement I would buy pants that fit my thighs and then go to a tailor for the waist and length. The price was reasonable and the clothes ended up being very comfortable to wear.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

Maybe Gabe, the parents see how happy Isabel is with you and just let it go bud.  Shut it already.  Maybe they just want to see their daughter HAPPY you doofus.  IDIOT!

Gee, Gabe, maybe there are people who don't think about your transition every minute of every day. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I also hate work pants and everything seems too long.  When I had to go into work, I had some Saint + Sofia pants I would wear, which seemed pretty easy to get into.  Nothing special, but I could dress them up.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The Loft has petites, great stuff for work wear. You know who does not need to know where to get work wear, it is Danielle, Danielle needs an office for some reason but does not need professional work wear.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Gabe is letting his paranoia get the best of him. That was the ideal reaction from the parents. It’s a bit disingenuous of him to doubt them when they came from a place of acceptance and love. Stop self sabotaging, babe.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Shelbie said:

Before retirement I would buy pants that fit my thighs and then go to a tailor for the waist and length. The price was reasonable and the clothes ended up being very comfortable to wear.

I never thought of that! Thanks. Did you buy the waist too big? Sorry, I'm not versed in the world of alterations. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Honest question….does one ever not be trans anymore? What I mean is once you transition and have surgery do you consider yourself a man or woman and no longer trans?

That is a really good question, do you need the 'trans" lead in forever? I would hope not, it would get old fast especially if you spend big bucks to make the outside look gender specific.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

@Suzywriter, check out the Woman Within catalogue. They have a wide range sizes and the petite pants might be just what you are looking for.

Thanks! It's worth a shot. I'm terrified of ending up in Alfred Dunner separates, the stylist of AARP.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

The problem with TOW plus all other 90 Day Fiance shows in the universe for me is trying to watch, read the subtitles, type a comment and read other people’s snark all at the same time. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole, you have probably known a number of Muslims. You should have some idea of the culture and religion before marrying one after a few minutes of knowing him.

Or I don't know... google Islam? Read a book? Jeez how stupid can this girl be. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
Just now, tvrox said:

Not to mention this isn't her first rodeo in Egypt.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, renatae said:

Kris bouncing around again like all people with back/neck injuries do.

One suggestion for an interesting turning point in the season would be a scene that shows Kris having narcolepsy.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, tvrox said:

I think Nicole is constantly showing all of us how stupid she can be.    I bet she only went back to Egypt to get on TV, and to get more followers online, and publicity for her career.  Doesn't she claim to have a fashion career? Or clothing line? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
Just now, tvrox said:

I get the impression that if it wasn’t dress codes Nicole was bickering about, it would be something else, like budgets, holiday plans, tv channel, etc.  

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I never thought of that! Thanks. Did you buy the waist too big? Sorry, I'm not versed in the world of alterations. 

Always better to get the waist too big if the thighs fit properly. A tailor will fit them to your body so everything is comfortable.

• Like 3