Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

VMSR.png  Red Light: Community Check-In

This live chat thread has been assigned red light status due to a number of posts that don’t align with our community values of respect, diversity and inclusivity.

As it is representative of the general tone across the 90Day Fiancée forums, the live chat will remain locked until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone in the other topics.

Let’s shift the focus from the individual to their actions, fostering a space where every participant feels respected in their humanity. Consider how your words might influence not only current members but also those who observe from afar and how it shapes their perception of our forum's culture.

The topics will maintain this Red Light status until we observe a broader adoption of a more inclusive tone.

Here's what we're focusing on:

- Improvement Period: We have until May 2nd, 2024 to enhance the quality of our discussions. Otherwise, the entire 90Day Fiancée forum will be assigned Yellow Light status.

- Guidance: Highlighting what works well and identifying areas for growth are crucial. Our aim is constructive, respectful dialogue that includes all perspectives. The principle of kindness and inclusivity applies to everyone, even to the participants of the show. (Please note that that doesn’t mean you have to condone everything they say and do. It just means that comments should be mindful of their humanity).

- Assistance: If you’re unsure about contributing constructively, please consult our guidelines for helpful advice and best practices.
Check out the Top Chef S20 Live Chat for reference on healthy discussions of contestants.

- Your Contribution: Your active, respectful participation can help guide our discussions toward a Green Light status.

Together, we're committed to making this forum an inclusive environment for everyone. Your thoughtful engagement is essential to our collective progress.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Maybeitsme said:

I'll bet that's never crossed her mind, but it's an excellent solution 

Congratulations all on the 1000 pages of snark!

We did it! Congrats everyone. So much snark. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So it’s a zero sum game? NYC or the DR? 

It is in Danielle's world. She's just as bad as any Tunisian love rat. She wanted to live in DR and do yoga on the beach and slurp mangoes. Johan is just a means to an end. She expects him to kiss the hem or her garment and dote on her adoringly without question. She's just another white lady who's simply outraged that a brown person is telling her what he wants. Her wants are the only ones that count. I hate her. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

You all, I am so, so excited for our upcoming few months of snark journey! Especially after six long months of almost nothing, we get a new season of entertaining culture shock coming to Americans! What I am worried about, though, is TLC taking our trust in these people (Gabe) and urinating all over it. That will probably happen, so expect it.

I hope to see you tomorrow around the forums and yes, I will be joining the Silva Twins snark tomorrow since I have less work to do! Have a great night. Peace out. ✌️ 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Good night peeps! Great snark from everyone and glad to see some familiar faces back in the fold. Have a great Monday, see you gluttons for punishment tomorrow for Darcey and Stacey. Make sure you have either strong drink or anti nausea medications handy! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Maybeitsme said:

I'll bet that's never crossed her mind, but it's an excellent solution 

Congratulations all on the 1000 pages of snark!

I thought that was her plan. She said she could teach yoga on the beach. Maybe Shaeeda could give her some tips.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, I bet that onion hair oil makes him irresistible. He must smell like a sausage stand.

I totally laughed out loud and disturbed my cat with a laugh snort.

I see Carol Baskin is getting out there in the dating world in this season of 90 Day TOW.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
53 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

And next week we get to see an ass falling off an ass.

might not be next week because that was a highlight preview of the whole season. I have a feeling they're saving the "Adventures of Elderly Debbie with her Moroccan Love Rat" for later in the season to keep us tuning in. 

I can't remember now what it was, but another season they kept teasing something that was going to happen, like a confrontation, fight, or secret coming out, and it didn't until the very end. And after all that hype, it was kind of anticlimactic 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I can't remember now what it was, but another season they kept teasing something that was going to happen, like a confrontation, fight, or secret coming out, and it didn't until the very end. And after all that hype, it was kind of anticlimactic 

It is usually at the point of the US person's visit where the couple realizes they don't know each other, they don't love each other, they have not discussed money, living arrangements, expectations, religion, favorite color, home sickness,  reality in the real world sense but at no time does the US person think the other person is in it solely for the green card. They fight, threats are made of breaking up and going back home and the other person has to scramble to apologize so their green card does not go home without a cz diamond ring and a proposal and then and only then do they realize their true love for each other. They throw a wedding together as if it will be the biggest event in all of (whatever town they are in), and it is usually a terrible affair attended by only one parent because the other parent thinks this whole thing is stupid.

Was that what you meant?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was that what you meant?

Sort of. It was just something that they teased us from the beginning was going to happen then it really didn’t air for weeks into the season. Maybe it was Angela’s surprise visit to Nigeria. Whatever it was, every week we were led to believe “this is it” only to slog through the entire episode and the promised event didn’t happen. By the time it aired, it turned out to be pretty disappointing. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I hope Debbie (another one, same vintage!) doesn’t break her hip when she falls off the donkey! 

And I hope her Life Alert works in Morocco

He-e-e-e-e-e-e-lp! I’ve fallen off a donkey and I can’t get u-u-u-u-h-h-h! (said in donkey bray voice)

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is usually at the point of the US person's visit where the couple realizes they don't know each other, they don't love each other, they have not discussed money, living arrangements, expectations, religion, favorite color, home sickness,  reality in the real world sense but at no time does the US person think the other person is in it solely for the green card. They fight, threats are made of breaking up and going back home and the other person has to scramble to apologize so their green card does not go home without a cz diamond ring and a proposal and then and only then do they realize their true love for each other. They throw a wedding together as if it will be the biggest event in all of (whatever town they are in), and it is usually a terrible affair attended by only one parent because the other parent thinks this whole thing is stupid.

Was that what you meant?

Lather, rinse (with rice water), repeat.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2023 at 9:57 PM, charmed1 said:

New York Dinyell looks like Desperately Seeking Susan.

She DOES, but she’s Desperately Seeking Something Else 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
On 1/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

How does it never occur to these oldies that their young husbands will want kids in the future?

I think that (during this last decade) women are opting to freeze their eggs at an optimal age (30?). That way they're not forced to choose between future goals and children. So this shouldn't be that much of an issue in the future.

12 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think that (during this last decade) women are opting to freeze their eggs at an optimal age (30?). That way they're not forced to choose between future goals and children. So this shouldn't be that much of an issue in the future.

It maybe becoming more common and it is a wonderful thing to be able to have that choice but when you are 50 years old and running after a 29 year old guy having a baby is so not a part of that mind set and if the 50 year old woman gets that 29 year old and he wants a baby...I call that a smoke screen, if he really wants a kid he should have gone after a much younger woman.  Same goes for the guys that are Muslim and insist his religion is of the utmost importance to them, why go after a non Muslim then?

At 50 who has the energy for a toddler, menopause zaps your energy and also zaps the bit of freedom you may have to go about your life as you wish.  

If you are childless at 50 there is a good chance you did not want children but if it has been something you have always wanted you would have been trying all the ways to get pregnant thru most of your child bearing years, it is not something you decide to try being peri-menopausal.

Sorry but these people are so stupid, rant over.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2023 at 7:11 PM, magemaud said:
On 1/29/2023 at 7:08 PM, judylo said:

I meant the stern looking girl with the lace collar and the squeaky clean looking guy 

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out who you were talking about…I think it ‘s Corey’s Mormon brother and his wife! 

D604036D-8938-405A-8807-AD33A86F9347.jpeg

Edited by GrammyPammy
Add photo
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out who you were talking about…I think it ‘s Corey’s Mormon brother and his wife! 

That's them! I tuned in just at the end and thought they were a couple that I didn't remember being on the show, but they were just there as "guests." Thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

When I said “American Gothic Girl,” THIS is who I was referring to.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hi all! I need some snark to distract myself tonight. I just tested positive fot Covid today! And I haven’t left the house in over a week!

Edited by judylo
Typo cuz I’m sick.
  • Hugs 7
  • Sad 2
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Johan can find anyone someone better than this shrew at the resort.

He should drop her like a hot rock toot sweet. She is a thoughtless, compassionless hag.

Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

My unicorn onesie is at the dry cleaner.

Just put on your fairy wings, you'll be fine. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1