Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: The Dinner Party from Hell: Part Two

• Start Topic

This is the first time I’ve ever said anything nice about Rinna because I really CAN NOT STAND her, but I have to admit that she looked great in that blue pants suit at the dinner. She has the body to wear any clothes and look elegant.

After redeeming herself somewhat since earlier in the season, Crystal is back on my Do Not Like list…arrogant and dismissive about Sutton at her lunch.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Mar said:

This is the first time I’ve ever said anything nice about Rinna because I really CAN NOT STAND her, but I have to admit that she looked great in that blue pants suit at the dinner. She has the body to wear any clothes and look elegant.

After redeeming herself somewhat since earlier in the season, Crystal is back on my Do Not Like list…arrogant and dismissive about Sutton at her lunch.

I agree with the Crystal part, not the Rinna part.  I thought she looked hideous, and it's not just because I can't stand her! ha.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

Why is Crystal is getting so much crap for bashing Sutton while Kathy Hilton is getting a total pass? Kathy also said she didn’t know who Sutton was as a way of putting Sutton down and I think she should get the same criticism as Crystal.

The point they were all making was wrong anyway. People do think less of the women who are supporting Erika and aren’t questioning her. Rinna lost her fans years ago (although the low opinion everyone already had of her has dropped even lower) but Kyle does still have fans and even people who usually defend her are expressing disappointment in her. Sutton’s fear about her reputation being negatively impacted by her association with Erika is real. 

Crystal’s minimizing of Me Too was bad and I’m glad others (even those who like her) are calling her out on it. Rob should have to atone for hiring people who sexually assaulted women. If he did so unknowingly, he shouldn’t have to do more than express regret and promise to do better in the future, but I doubt he was ignorant of all the bad behavior. Most of these Me Too creeps were known to be predators within the Hollywood community from the beginning so I’m skeptical he didn’t know anything. Sexual harassment/assault was and still is tolerated in the industry. I have friends who work in entertainment who are still harassed and told if they report it they’ll never be hired again. 

• Love 21
5 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I really think she didn't want Garcelle wiping the tears off her face as they were part of her performance piece "the agony of Erika". 

I really don’t think anyone would care if Erika doesn’t talk to them anymore.  They might be happy if she goes off the show.  She’s not the typical relevant model of what a wife and Mother should be.  She does a show like a stripper would do, but with no talent, and talks like a gangster.

• Love 19
20 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Seriously, Sutton's at dinner saying *exactly* what she said in private, only she can't because on one hand Erika is interrupting with threats to shank her in the yard 

😂😂😂

• LOL 11
19 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Rinna needs to lose what ever that Bowie wig’s name is.  Hideous. That bell needed to be jammed down her throat. 

On the Bravo website there are some video clips from what they call The After Show. The women are interviewed about a few of the things that happen on each episode.  Sutton said that Rinna would simply not stop ringing that bell right in her face and there was a clip that showed Rinna repeatedly ringing it about an inch away from Sutton‘s nose. I tried to find it again so that I could share it, but now I can’t find it.

Edited by Mar
  • Love 8

I know Tom is a high priced Attorney, but two planes?  Plus $40,000 a month for Erika and that big house with the fancy furniture? Plus other expensive things?  I don’t know about that.  Even a high priced lawyer doesn’t have all that.  I don’t think.  He took from the Widows and orphan and burn victim fund.  No?  Makes sense.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Mar said:

On the Bravo website there are some video clips from what they call The After Show. The women are interviewed about a few of the things that happen on each episode.  Sutton said that Rinna would simply not stop ringing that bell right in her face and there was a clip that showed Rinna repeatedly ringing it about an inch away from Sutton‘s nose. I tried to find it again so that I could share it, but now I can’t find it.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-after-show/season-11/videos/garcelle-beauvais-says-it-was

See if that works.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Rob Minkoff is 59 years old. He isn't by any definition of the word "old." He is older than Crystal, obviously, but not "old." 

I generally like Crystal but I think she does occasionally give off some elitist vibes, and that's a part of her personality I could do without. But at the end of the day, I also don't think she's masterminding some group hate towards Sutton. Erika is the one who is trying to make everyone hate Sutton for the mere fact that Sutton has verbalized some very understandable questions re Erika's situation. 

Crystal was coming for Sutton back in the early episodes before the Tom/Erika story broke.  Sutton apologized about crying and explained she was upset over leaving her home, etc and they seemed to make up and be having a good time together while up at the lake.  Then suddenly an about face and Crystal is accusing Sutton of 'Violating' her.  Crystal mentioned what happened to the other housewives in private and with each telling Sutton's throwaway comment of ''I don't know what's going on in here" became more like a Disney villians,'' Weeellll... I don't know what YOU'RE up to in here.... heeheehee!" as Crystal told it.  Either you accept someone's apology to their face and drop it or you do like Crystal and keep spreading the 'horror' you felt as you were 'violated' by Sutton staring at your naked body.  I still think she's trying for a storyline and picked on someone who she saw the other's hadn't completely jelled with last season.  It could have been all producer driven.  But it was mean girl in my opinion.  Probably because the Tom/Erika story wasn't enough to make interesting shows yet.  I don't like to see someone picked on and Sutton has been picked on by Crystal in the earlier shows.  Of course, Crystal is NO WHERE NEAR the mean girl level of Kyle and especially the truly heartless Rinna.  

• Love 16
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think Big Kathy must have done a number on Kathy, Kim and Kyle. I think she encouraged them to gang up on or exclude one sister. This is how she controlled them. So that’s all that Kyle knows which is why she tries to create conflict and drive wedges between friends.

Maybe but I tend to think Kyle just knows how to stir shit/create drama while being careful not to step in it - well most of the time.  Years in show business and Beverly Hills.  She probably the most comfortable around the cameras too.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, gingerella said:

And discussing failed marriages whilst 'celebrating' your 25th. Ummm, okay, yeah sure Kyle, it's a real celebration.

It's always a competition with Kyle. She even wondered out loud what the Beverly Hills marital stats for making it 25 years were. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Double A said:

It's always a competition with Kyle. She even wondered out loud what the Beverly Hills marital stats for making it 25 years were. 

Honestly, that whole anniversary “scene,” just like the one with her and Kathy the previous (?) week just seemed so fake, filler (which maybe the show needed), and an “homage” to Kyle.  It was funny how her husband was in a tshirt and jeans(?) while she was all dolled up.  

• Love 12
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think Big Kathy must have done a number on Kathy, Kim and Kyle. I think she encouraged them to gang up on or exclude one sister. This is how she controlled them. So that’s all that Kyle knows which is why she tries to create conflict and drive wedges between friends.

Absolutely. This show gives Kyle endless opportunities to act out all of that dysfunction. If only someone had the nerve to write the real story about their family...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Erika claims when it is all over she will remember who was with her and who was against her. Honestly, by the time this is over everyone will be against her and she will be dumped like yesterday's trash.

Or be shunned in California and go back to where she came from with no money and clothes like she began.  Like everyone will be afraid of her.  Just who does she think she is?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, glowbug said:

Why is Crystal is getting so much crap for bashing Sutton while Kathy Hilton is getting a total pass? Kathy also said she didn’t know who Sutton was as a way of putting Sutton down and I think she should get the same criticism as Crystal.

Because Kathy is well known and does not come off as a mean-girl, what she said came off as matter-of-fact to me. I can see where people might think it was a put down of Sutton. However, Crystal co-signing as if anyone knew of her before the show, was both elitist and laughable. Crystal also tries to paint herself as “woke”. You can’t be woke and elitist. 

• Love 23
12 minutes ago, laprin said:

Because Kathy is well known and does not come off as a mean-girl, what she said came off as matter-of-fact to me. I can see where people might think it was a put down of Sutton. However, Crystal co-signing as if anyone knew of her before the show, was both elitist and laughable. Crystal also tries to paint herself as “woke”. You can’t be woke and elitist. 

Agree, it's the way Crystal says things. I do think she's one of the more decent women in the cast, but she's not consistently likable. Kathy seems sweet and down to earth despite  her little rich lady ways. 

• Love 9

It seems I have been variously misquoted so I will restate: never said Crystal was a "master mind" or  "the worst." I did say she is the deep down meanest and I stand by it.

Clearly, she saw right away that Sutton is quite vulnerable -- hard to miss.  So, she selected Sutton as the one to pick on.  Sutton barged in on Crystal and her reports to the group about Sutton went from "Whatever" to "THAT was rude" to "I was Violated!" to "She's Creepy!!" to "She Violated me...in a Creepy Way!!! I recall one scene from that time, when Sutton was just distraught and there was Crystal, watching from a distance with an icy smile... like, this is fun!!!  All the talk of forgiveness,  yet it's clear Crystal will never let it go. She enjoys Sutton feeling insecure and off-balance too much.

Demanding Sutton admit she is "one of those 'I don't see color girls'" so she could lace into her. Yet, Kathy Hilton admitted to actually adopting that way of thinking and we got a 'no comment" from Miss Crystal. Then, the dinner at Crystal's home this last episode where Sutton got trashed  for being a nobody-- from Augusta! How dare she think she is our equal!  So, yeah, she broadcasts her lack of respect and regard for Sutton to the others whenever she gets the chance.

Now, if we are talking about the most destructive force in the universe from among these women, EJ takes that prize all day, every day. But EJ, like the others, lashes out viciously out of fear-- fear of being revealed as the fraud and liar she is, fear of being "caught",  fear of losing whatever position she thinks she occupies. She and they lash out to shut the others up. Still,  I don't get the sense that  EJ necessarily enjoys it. 

Crystal enjoys it. She enjoys seeing Sutton uncomfortable.  Remember "let the mouse go?"  That is the perfect image for Crystal!   A cat batting an injured mouse around, just for the fun of it.  She isn't the mastermind or "the worst", but she is the deep down meanest--

• Love 21
On 9/1/2021 at 7:10 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think that Sutton has a pretty good grasp on what happened. It seems most likely that yes, Tom gave Erika's a head up. And now we're dealing with the 100 Alibis of Erika Jayne. 

For a minute, it looked like Erica thought over her bitchiness from last week and decided to take a different tack this week and start looking vulnerable again. Until, well, she reverted to type. I can't count how many times Erika said something patently ridiculous and I had to shout BS at the TV.

And what the heck is Rinna sniggering about in the middle of this disaster?

• Love 14
23 hours ago, swankie said:

Erika, you told everybody that Tom broke his foot in the accident and that's all.  Now you're saying he suffered a severe head injury.  One of those two statements isn't true.  So guess what?  That makes you a liar bitch!  So you STFU! 

If I remember correctly didn’t Erika lie to Yolanda and say that Kyle, Lisa and LVP were saying she did not have Lyme disease, and then admit in one of her confessionals that she lied? Her first season, and she has been lying ever since.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Just as a clarification- a number of people have mentioned Erika apparently “investing” in the Rinna spawn’s fashion company. According to financial records released during the legal proceedings, Erika made a payment to DNA Inc, which is similar in name to the the fashion company the Hamlin girls worked with. It’s also the name of a now-defunct music video production company. I’m trying to understand Rinna’s ride or die devotion to Erika this season and I don’t doubt there could be some financial connections, but it doesn’t seem like this is one of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Dorit and Kyle are terrified that Sutton (and Garcelle) may expose Erika because an exposed Erika is a dangerous Erika that may go scorched earth and tell all she knows, like Puppygate, Munchausen, Dorit being chased around a pool by a creditor, Mo’s shady real estate deal that involved the Feds, and so on and so forth. That is why Sutton is being thrown under the bus by Kyle and Dorit is trying to start something with Garcelle.

Rinna is a cockroach and is proud of it so she really doesn’t care; she is just shit-stirring because it is like air to her.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I don’t understand why Kyle was yelling at Sutton at the dinner and calling her two-faced because Sutton didn’t say to Erika what she said to Kyle. Wasn’t Sutton trying to talk to Erika before dinner, but Erika refused to speak to her about anything? 

Exactly. Sutton is not two-faced. She's done her best being honest sitting right by Erika who is extremely aggressive and hostile and kept trying to shut her down. 

Did Kyle want Sutton to enter the room and announce she thought Erika was full of shit?

1 minute ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

Dorit and Kyle are terrified that Sutton (and Garcelle) may expose Erika because an exposed Erika is a dangerous Erika that may go scorched earth and tell all she knows, like Puppygate, Munchausen, Dorit being chased around a pool by a creditor, Mo’s shady real estate deal that involved the Feds, and so on and so forth. That is why Sutton is being thrown under the bus by Kyle and Dorit is trying to start something with Garcelle.

Rinna is a cockroach and is proud of it so she really doesn’t care; she is just shit-stirring because it is like air to her.

I think you're 100% right. When Kyle called Sutton two-faced, I was reminded of Dorit calling Garcelle a bully and saying she wasn't honest. Dorit and Kyle are just trying to cover their own butts. I doubt they care that much about Erika, and they obviously don't care about Garcelle's or Sutton's feelings. 

What's ironic to me is despite Sutton being most vocal about Erika's contradictions and being concerned about her reputation, I think she's one of the few who did genuinely care about her. I don't think any of the others offered her money. Sutton may have her quirks and be very emotional at times, but I think she's intelligent and sweet. 

2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I totally agree. Even last episode she was calling Sutton awkward. Sutton knows she is awkward and Crystal harping on this vulnerability is just very mean girl.

I'm still trying to figure her out. Maybe she's like Kyle where she has her likability then her mean girl side. She has this gleeful look when she speaks negatively about the others, Sutton in particular. I wouldn't describe Erika as mean girl, more bitch on wheels. 

17 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Paging Elle Woods!

A4E7A62A-C507-442C-ADE3-DE31FE27384D.png

Elle Woods is a queen! I wish we had someone like her on BH. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

She has this gleeful look when she speaks negatively about the others, Sutton in particular.

That's exactly what I see.  It's not like she's making statements out of concern or to clarify a situation.  It comes across to me that she is enjoying her own snarkiness.  Reminds me of people I know in real life who always need to step on others to pull themselves up taller.  She had been shown much more positively in the past few episodes so that I was questioning my initial feelings about her, but after this episode I'm right back to my initial assessment.  

• Love 18

I got a bad vibe from Crystal at the beginning of the season. I initially chalked that up to my own preferences and triggers- interpersonally, I am usually not terribly fond of people who proudly self-describe as both “competitive” and “Type A” (I am neither).  People who are socially competitive- as Crystal is with her declarations of knowing everyone who is important, etc.- just stress me out (even if those qualities often make for an entertaining HW).

I had warmed to her slightly throughout the season and felt bad for her obvious distress over violategate (and thought Sutton was clearly in the wrong with her “I don’t see color” bit). That all said, I’m back where I was at the beginning.  I’m not sure if she really believes so firmly in her own importance or if it’s a lot of mean girl posturing to cover up her insecurity,  
but her displayed sense of confidence is… overinflated (to put it mildly). It’s probably a good bet to never trust someone who is close with Teddi (see: Kyle).

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 24
15 minutes ago, ichbin said:

That's exactly what I see.  It's not like she's making statements out of concern or to clarify a situation.  It comes across to me that she is enjoying her own snarkiness.  Reminds me of people I know in real life who always need to step on others to pull themselves up taller.  She had been shown much more positively in the past few episodes so that I was questioning my initial feelings about her, but after this episode I'm right back to my initial assessment.  

Yeah, it's not like "I'll cut Sutton slack, she's sweet, just a bit awkward." It's "You're an awkward, jealous person, and I've never heard of you!!!" She might as well scream "you can't sit with us!!!"

11 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I got a bad vibe from Crystal at the beginning of the season. I initially chalked that up to my own preferences and triggers- interpersonally, I am usually not terribly fond of people who proudly self-describe as both “competitive” and “Type A” (I am neither).  People who are socially competitive- as Crystal is with her declarations of knowing everyone who is important, etc.- just stress me out (even if those qualities often make for an entertaining HW).

I had warmed to her slightly throughout the season and felt bad for her obvious distress over violategate (and thought Sutton was clearly in the wrong with her “I don’t see color” bit). That all said, I’m back where I was at the beginning.  I’m not sure if she really believes so firmly in her own importance or if it’s a lot of mean girl posturing to cover up her insecurity,  
but her displayed sense of confidence is… overinflated (to put it mildly). It’s probably a good bet to never trust someone who is close with Teddi (see: Kyle).

Same here! I'd really been warming up to her. Considering the rest of them, it's easy to look good in comparison. Don't steal from orphans and widows. Pay your taxes and any debt you owe. Don't be a total bitch. 

I was on Crystal's side with the racial discussion. I felt bad Sutton walked in on her. I know Sutton didn't leave the best first impression, but Crystal still comes off like she's the type who wants to be in with who she perceives as the cool kids. Sutton looked really surprised when she realized Crystal was that affected by her walking in on her naked. She was sweet, apologetic and said Crystal might get flowers the next day. Erika would have been like "get the fuck over it you bitch!" 

lol! Or Faye Resnick. The morally corrupt Faye Resnick. 

Where's Camille when we need a good nickname for Erika? I didn't appreciate her when we had her . . . 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

[snipped for space]

lol! Or Faye Resnick. The morally corrupt Faye Resnick. 

Where's Camille when we need a good nickname for Erika? I didn't appreciate her when we had her . . . 

I’d be happy for a double up: the Morally Corrupt Erika

Or something new: The Ethically Empty Erika

The Compassion-less C*nt Erika (but I loathe that C word)

The ???? Ideas?

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m not sure I did either. We need a good nickname. That snarl with the shark eyes makes me wish someone would slap her. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I’m not sure I did either. We need a good nickname. That snarl with the shark eyes makes me wish someone would slap her. 

I'll volunteer. Or, there's the slap scene from Airplane! 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 11
18 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

All the stories ..  and it doesn't matter what ones are lied about at this point all the lawyers have to do is point out that she lies and point to the inconsistency in each telling to show a jury that she is untrustworthy ... thats why lawyers tell you to shut the fuck up and don't talk to anyone when you are in a court case because it can and will be used against you if you show inconsistency in the stories   ....

She can tell a billion lies -- that still doesn't mean she knew that Tom was embezzling.

16 hours ago, chlban said:

Erika is a liar and it can easily proven by watching the show. She has changed her story repeatedly. Most viewers already believe she is a liar so I hardly see the harm in Sutton saying it out loud.

I've lied to my friends about why I'm late to events.  That doesn't mean I would be complicit if my significant other were misappropriating money.

• Love 1