Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: The Dinner Party from Hell: Part Two

• Start Topic

Crystal is smart enough to know that if she doesn't tow the line with the coven they will come for her next season if she is asked back. That's why she is is trying to appease them by going soft on Erika. Maybe she watched the last two seasons and saw Kyle, Rinna and Teddi relentlessly going after the one person that they wanted to get rid of and it worked. RoseAllDay got it right when she said these snobs don't like Sutton because she doesn't belong. Erika called her small town and they picked up on this. I can foresee  them setting a plan in motion to drive Sutton away. Did anyone else hear Patrick the butler say to the kitchen staff they are in there fighting like cats and dogs? Or did I fall asleep and dream this? You know the staff must get a good chuckle out of watching these so called upper class women acting like ill mannered thugs at an elegant dinner party.

24 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did any of the women bring a hostess gift? 

I think Dorit had a gift bag when she walked in. I didn't see anyone else bring one 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

This is the only HW show I still follow - wanted to see how Erika’s situation went. But I’m so over these people I’ll have to hold my nose to make it to the reunion. Maybe Kathy could get a wacky spinoff.

• Love 10

I agree that Crystal is not an evil mastermind on the same level as the coven but she knows what she has to do and which side to pick to keep her diamond. She knows the power rests with Kyle and Rinna not Garcelle and Sutton.  I was surprised last night to see  when she had a few of the women over or lunch she did a 180 on Garcelle and Sutton. 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

It is quite clear that Crystal is determined to hold on to and spread to others as much hostility to Sutton as she can.  Of all these women, including Erika, I sense the most deep down meanness in her.

I don't know, I think this is a bit much (especially in regards to Erika's behavior not just in general, but tonight especially), but YMMV, I guess.  

• Love 7

Occasionally Dorit, who I generally find annoying, surprises me - and she did last night. I actually think that Dorit's willingness to say what she did, and not immediately crumble, was more damaging than Sutton.

Unfortunately for Sutton, Kyle redirected Erika's rage at Sutton and that's why we got the display at the end. I normally like Kyle but I am over her saying that Sutton is being "two-faced." While Sutton has been harsher in tone when talking about Erika when she's not there, her basic concerns and arguments HAVE been articulated to Erika by Sutton. She's not being "two-faced," IMO, when questioning Erika, she's just being slightly more diplomatic. 

Anyway, I think that Erika is so angry at Sutton because Sutton IS sticking up for herself, therefore opening the door for Garcelle and Dorit to ask their questions. And beyond that, of course, Erika is angry because she thinks that Sutton's questions are keeping this as a topic of discussion on camera. But the reality is that it was an on-camera topic BEFORE the LA Times article and Erika is being hypocritical in the extreme if she thinks that this was somehow not going to become a major topic of discussion on the show. 

6 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I don't know, I think this is a bit much (especially in regards to Erika's behavior not just in general, but tonight especially), but YMMV, I guess.  

Agreed. Crystal is obviously still wary of Sutton but the stuff between Erika and Sutton is not because of Crystal. It's because Erika is desperate and seeking to put a target on someone else in order to direct her rage and deflect attention from the terrible accusations against her husband. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Crystal needs to wise up about the way she talks about #MeToo; passively contributing to sexual harassment culture is nothing to brag about.

Yea that part was a big NO ... I mean I kinda get what she was saying alluding to  .. that he didn't know and shouldn't be judged because he worked with them but NO, No, NO, NO, NO....that's like when Rinna brought up that one of Harrys friends raped someone  Just NO

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Agreed. As soon as I saw that scene, I knew there would be a rehash of "Crystal is the worse" amongst a group of women that include fake as fuck Rinna who is always ready and willing to throw anyone under the bus for her Bravo check, Kyle the shit-stirrer who plays the "who me" game when called out and Erika the mean ass bitch who now may or may not have colluded in defrauding victims of their rightful compensation. But sure, Crystal is the worse. 

It's clear that Crystal still has her issues regarding Sutton because of their drama. Makes sense. They weren't friends before the show and they started off decidedly on the wrong foot. So yeah she's still wary of and not buddy-buddy with Sutton. But what did Crystal really say so much in that conversation, other than some rude snark about having never heard of Sutton before. 

And I loved that the moment gave us Garcelle's shade in her ITM that she'd never heard of Crystal, making sure to stress that she knew who her husband was but Crystal - yeah no. I adore Garcelle. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't here for their little pile on in that scene against Sutton, especially as Crystal very much knows that Sutton's issue wasn't just her reputation but also the inconsistencies in Erika's story, like the whole head injury 3 years ago.

At the meeting at Dorit's, Crystal was the one who said that she very much got the impression on the mountain with Erika and Garcelle that Erika was suggesting things only became off with Tom after the accident three years ago. But that reading the LA Times piece and seeing that things have been shady for almost a decade, made her story seem fishy.  So she was definitely full of shit in joining in the pile on there.  But for some to declare her the worse among this evil cavalry of women is a bit much, IMO. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I agree that Crystal is not an evil mastermind on the same level as the coven but she knows what she has to do and which side to pick to keep her diamond. She knows the power rests with Kyle and Rinna not Garcelle and Sutton.  I was surprised last night to see  when she had a few of the women over or lunch she did a 180 on Garcelle and Sutton. 

Do the fans of this show really actually like Kyle and Rinna?   Or is it Andy?  Why can't they be fired?  Fire the coven and start over. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Do the fans of this show really actually like Kyle and Rinna?   Or is it Andy?  Why can't they be fired?  Fire the coven and start over. 

I don't mind Kyle that much, but no one really cares about that.

As far as an MLB-style tear-down, I think the real problem is that it really rarely works.  I guess there are a lot of definite NO's in the casting process we never see, but there are a hell of a lot of Housewives that are lost and gone in the backwash of these shows (Teddi, etc.), and BRAVO doesn't have a really great track record.  Rinna and Kyle are at least entertaining in their own ways, be they car crash or simply knowing when to talk about what.  Losing them would not be smart, and keeping them is working.

• Love 5

It is super scary to me that anyone's character can be so easily assassinated with no concrete proof.  Erika did not work at Tom's firm and there is no proof that she was complicit.  Until there is indisputable proof that she knowingly benefited from embezzled funds I will withhold bashing or condemning her.  Being innocent until proven guilty is not only a legal concept to me, but also a matter of human decency.

Sutton was working hard for a diamond this season.  Due to her not being able to film her minor children, I think she knew she had to bring it.  As things were happening, the women all could see social media and could gauge the public reaction.  Sutton knew she would get lost in the fray if she was on Erika's side, so she saw an opportunity and took it.  Tom's embezzlement has absolutely nothing to do with Sutton except that she's Tom's wife's co-worker.  Crystal's analogy was spot on -- even something as serious as rape doesn't affect a co-worker.  Sutton wanted her moment and got it.  

Sutton is also a flip flopper and I'm glad Kyle called her out.  Don't say at Kathy's dinner that you're there to support Erika but behind her back call her a liar and say things aren't adding up.  I don't blame Erika from recoiling from Garcelle.  Erika was being ambushed.  I think her only true friends on the show are Kyle and Lisa.  If I had a friend/co-worker in Erika's situation, I would continue to be a friend until there was indisputable evidence that the friend did something wrong.  I would then assess whether or not their character was in alignment with mine.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The fact that her story has changed 15 times with each new telling pretty much assassinates her character all on its own .. someone telling the truth doesn't change their story ....

I'm not sure what story you're referring to but when it comes to condemning Erika, the only thing that matters is whether she was complicit or not.  None of those women have any proof Erika was complicit.  When Erika asked Sutton what she was lying about, Sutton had zero answers.  If she's going to call someone a liar she should be able to back it up.  Speculations, feelings and assumptions aren't evidence or facts.  Sutton can be suspicious all day but to publicly call Erika a liar is wrong to me unless there is indisputable evidence.

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 2
Just now, Talented Tenth said:

I'm not sure what story you're referring to but when it comes to condemning Erika, the only thing that matters is whether she was complicit or not.  None of those women have any proof Erika was complicit.  When Erika asked Sutton what she was lying about, Sutton had zero answers.  If she's going to call someone a liar she should be able to back it up.  Speculations, feelings and assumptions aren't evidence or facts.  Sutton can be suspicious all day but to publicly call Erika a liar is wrong to me unless there is evidence.

All the stories ..  and it doesn't matter what ones are lied about at this point all the lawyers have to do is point out that she lies and point to the inconsistency in each telling to show a jury that she is untrustworthy ... thats why lawyers tell you to shut the fuck up and don't talk to anyone when you are in a court case because it can and will be used against you if you show inconsistency in the stories   ....

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can you imagine being a 14-year-old girl attending the same school as Erika?

At 14, I'd have told her to meet me out back behind the bleachers. 🤣 🥊 

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Kathy changed her mind, right? That wasn’t an Alexander McQueen.

Wasn't that the same dress she wore to Kyle's Christmas party?

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think the ladies fall into 2 camps - those that believe that bad press is bad press and should be avoided and those that believe bad press is actually good press as long as it is press.  One that is so concerned about being a good friend should've told her friends that hey my husband has gotten me into some bad shit so you may want to keep your distance until the smoke clears.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Please lets not all go back to Crystal is some evil master mind.... out of EVERYTHING going on in this group of Harpies Crystal is nowhere near the level of some of these other ladies...

The thing is, this is how it starts. Slowly, their asshole nature reveals itself, and Crystal is starting a bit early for someone I’m sure is not looking to be cast as a villian. I have not completely given up on her, but she needs to step back from the mean-girl precipice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
43 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I made excuses for Kyle for a long time, but a few seasons ago I finally saw the light. She is a stealth bitch where Rinna unit ever able to pull off stealth, although I didn't mind her her first couple of seasons either. But, I think the show would be better without them, but they need to take Dorit with them. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

It is quite clear that Crystal is determined to hold on to and spread to others as much hostility to Sutton as she can.  Of all these women, including Erika, I sense the most deep down meanness in her.

1000% - I've sensed it in her from the get go.  Then she kind of shut up for a bit and I was willing to give her a chance, but she started yapping again and in just the very few things she has said, I see it.

• Love 20
Just now, laprin said:

The thing is, this is how it starts. Slowly, their asshole nature reveals itself, and Crystal is starting a bit early for someone I’m sure is not looking to be cast as a villian. I have not completely given up on her, but she needs to step back from the mean-girl precipice.

I think Crystal comes across as if she thinks she is far superior to the others. I assume that is because she married a rich old man, but she might want to consider how that's working out for Erika. Her dismissal of me too was disturbing. I don't really see what she thinks sets her apart from the common folk  she throws good parties? Keeps herself looking good? These are hardly stand out achievements in BH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, chlban said:

I think Crystal comes across as if she thinks she is far superior to the others. I assume that is because she married a rich old man, but she might want to consider how that's working out for Erika. Her dismissal of me too was disturbing. I don't really see what she thinks sets her apart from the common folk  she throws good parties? Keeps herself looking good? These are hardly stand out achievements in BH.

Rob Minkoff is 59 years old. He isn't by any definition of the word "old." He is older than Crystal, obviously, but not "old." 

I generally like Crystal but I think she does occasionally give off some elitist vibes, and that's a part of her personality I could do without. But at the end of the day, I also don't think she's masterminding some group hate towards Sutton. Erika is the one who is trying to make everyone hate Sutton for the mere fact that Sutton has verbalized some very understandable questions re Erika's situation. 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Rob Minkoff is 59 years old. He isn't by any definition of the word "old." He is older than Crystal, obviously, but not "old." 

I generally like Crystal but I think she does occasionally give off some elitist vibes, and that's a part of her personality I could do without. But at the end of the day, I also don't think she's masterminding some group hate towards Sutton. Erika is the one who is trying to make everyone hate Sutton for the mere fact that Sutton has verbalized some very understandable questions re Erika's situation. 

ALL of this

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I’m thinking back … didn’t Rinna, despite Kathy’s request, start the whole Sutton/Ericka drama at dinner?  She had the bell and said something like, “let’s play a game — when I ring the bell someone has to discuss a conflict they have with another.  <ding!>.  Sutton?”  
Of course, Sutton could have said “now is not the time.”  

Does anyone else recall this?

Like someone else said, Sutton could have said let's not get into conflicts and stirring the pot at this time. Kathy has gone to great lengths to have an elegant dinner party for us. Give it a rest Rinna. But I have a suspicion that production is telling her go on take the bait and lets get the ball rolling. Let the drama begin. No Kyle and Rinna may not be popular with the fans but they bring the drama and Bravo knows this. That's why there is amost 7 pages of comments for last night's show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why was Rinna acting like she was so shitfaced on a lousy two drinks and ringing that bell like she was Quasimodo? 

Yes, such a shit-stirrer.  She wanted Sutton to say something so they could all pile on her.  

IMO because all those women knew that the dinner party wasn't just to pile on Sutton but to force Erika into talking about the legal situation.  So Rinna got "drunk" before they even hit the table and will probably feign ignorance and not "remember" anything that happened.  She had to be there per contract but didn't want to add to the conversation.  Aside from tossing the bell to Sutton and then hiding under the table the rest of the night ;)

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

He is in no way old. For me, the problem is that he was late 30s  when he went on his first date with Crystal when she was 17. Legal? Sure. Predatory? Absolutely. 

I want to make it clear I in NO WAY view Crystal badly for this. I am side eyeing the hell out of Rob. And, I think that is where a lot of the "old" comments are coming from. 

Edited by CatMomma
  • Useful 3
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Good heavens I hope 59 isn't considered old-old. I'm creeping there way faster than I'd like to admit. I feel they ALL give off elitist vibes at times. Even those that apparently don't have a reason to; looking at you, Dorit.

Speaking of Dorit: She, of course, was trying to serve Garcelle some reshash of their resolved conflict, with the same exact words, right at the exact place Garcelle had shut her down. I died laughing when she didn't even get her whole sentence out when Kathy shut her down! What happens to Dorit when she can't belabor a point? Will she implode? 😆 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I didn't say anything about her masterminding anything about Sutton. I just think she thinks she is way more special than she is and it comes across in her comments. Frequently. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 14

I can't be the only one who thinks Kathy knew exactly what was going to happen at the dinner party. She shut down Dorit and her beef with Garcelle asap just to let the rest unravel?  She shut down Dorit so they could get to the main event.  IMO Kathy is taking a page out of Paris's playbook, play dumb and quirky and don't get yourself tangled up in the drama.  But use your "quirkiness" to poke the bear and set others off.  That lunch at Crystals with Erika and Garcelle told me all I needed to confirm what Kathy Hilton is really about ;)

As for Sutton suddenly having a spine.  I think in the beginning Sutton identified with Erika, the sudden divorce, her leaving with just the shirt on her back etc...  Sutton genuinely thought Erika was going through a similar situation as she had been through.  The whole car accident is just something concrete that Sutton can prove she lied about.  But if Sutton was offering Erika all the support (emotionally and financially) that she needed when she went through her divorce and Erika didn't need any of it it's going to make her slowly wonder wtf is going on.  Just as most of us starting wondering wtf is going on here.  

Erika also seemed to me mad with all of them at the dinner party.  And I think that freaked Kyle out to the point she grabbed Sutton and threw her to the wolf.   That inner circle have planned these "dinners" with LVP and Denise etc... and Erika tweaked the moment Sutton asked her if she wanted to talk that production that evening wasn't just about Sutton being from a small town ;).  I also don't give Dorit much credit because before Erika returned to the table after her confrontation with Sutton , Sutton pretty much called them all out for her being the one to own up to what she said whereas the rest of them wouldn't.   And Kyle sat there and heard Erika shut down Sutton and any idea of clearing the air, yet when Erika would later get made at all of them and "what are you all doing" grabbed Sutton and threw her to the wolf ;)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm disappointed in Garcelle. I was hoping she would speak up rather than save her best remarks for her talking heads. I'd pay good cash money to watch her tell the obnoxious Crystal "I never heard of you."

You've pinpointed my issue with Garcelle. She talks a good game in her talking heads but very rarely says those same things in the group settings. She plays it cool - which I totally understand - but there have been a number of times where she could have spoke up and supported someone and she does not. 

16 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

And didn’t Kathy politely suggest that everyone just zip it and eat, before the Erika blowup? Disrespect all around.

But that's not how reality show dinners actually work.

7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

But I have a suspicion that production is telling her go on take the bait and lets get the ball rolling. Let the drama begin. No Kyle and Rinna may not be popular with the fans but they bring the drama and Bravo knows this. That's why there is amost 7 pages of comments for last night's show. 

I think this second one answers the first. Kathy is amusing (though I have more cynical thoughts about her than most), but she is on a reality show and dinners are not meant to be nice sit downs where everyone eats and compliments the food. Rinna and Kyle are pulling their weight as employees and driving the drama.

I hated Kyle early on, when most loved her, because of how she deliberately outed Kim's alcoholism in the final episode of the first season. But in more recent seasons I've come to understand the role she and Rinna play on the show.  Whatever else you can say about them, they do their jobs. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ss55 said:

Garcelle looked beautiful and I'm impressed with her compassion to Erika even after EJ snarled "You can let go of me now..."  Bitch.

Garcelle is damn saint. I can only assume she is smarter than all these idiots and realized letting Erika go off made her look worse. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, CatMomma said:

he went on his first date with Crystal when she was 17.

No.  19, one month shy of 20, as per Wiki.  (And he was 40 at the time.)

I am incorrect here, bad online source after one three-second search.  Apologies.

Edited by Lassus
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

He is in no way old. For me, the problem is that he was late 30s  when he went on his first date with Crystal when she was 17. Legal? Sure. Predatory? Absolutely. 

I want to make it clear I in NO WAY view Crystal badly for this. I am side eyeing the hell out of Rob. And, I think that is where a lot of the "old" comments are coming from. 

So I get why people give the side-eye to the age difference in their relationship but I think saying it was "predatory" is going a bit too far.  If he made a habit of only going after someone that young, then yes, I'd say he was predatory.  And we don't know if their first date was anything more than just seeing a movie together.  

Sometimes age differences do happen, and it's not because the older person is a predator - they just happen to meet someone much younger that they are compatible with. It's totally possible that Rob IS predatory - we haven't seen much evidence of it but I'm open to the possibility - I just don't know that the fact that an age difference exists between them is an example of it.

(I will say that I bring my own experience into this - there is a two decade age difference between me and my significant other, though I was in my early 30s when we got involved, and I recognize there is a difference there. But I think people often start making some pretty broad generalizations when it comes to age differences in relationships that often don't apply to specific relationships).

Anyway, I don't think either party should get the side-eye if there is no evidence of anything beyond they happened to meet when she was 17 and started dating. If he had a pattern of it (which obviously some men do) or she indicated that he was pressuring her into sex or something, then I think it would be absolutely justified. But that isn't the story that she's telling, at least not right now. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Lassus said:

No.  19, one month shy of 20, as per Wiki.

Weird. Wiki says their first date was May  2003 at the "Finding Nemo" premiere. She was born in June 1985. By my math, that's 17.

Are you referring to when they were married? 

Edited by CatMomma
  • Useful 5