Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Will You Be My Surrogate?

• Start Topic

the Blur

Can I pause and say how much I love that this has become his moniker?

And having dude live there would also make it harder for the viewers to out the dude. 

I think right around ten days for the sleuths here...

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Can I pause and say how much I love that this has become his moniker?

I think right around ten days for the sleuths here...

if whitless's fans find him they will track him down like a rabid dog and make him marry whitless, his life would be worth nothing.blur must remain blur! For his own safety,poor bastard.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Mothra said:

I do believe she must've had an eating disorder for her to have lost so much weight so quickly.  

Well, TBH, it wasn't "so quickly".  I believe it was @100 lbs in 8-10 months, which would be @10-12 pounds per month, and for someone of her size, that is not extreme.  

23 hours ago, princelina said:

Haha I couldn't either at first, but in a later shot she has a leg turned and you can see the tiniest of kitten heels on one of her feet 😄

I thought that's what I saw, and that's why I was so confused, cause she made it sound like she was wearing some sort of big-deal heels, and I didn't see any.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Well, TBH, it wasn't "so quickly".  I believe it was @100 lbs in 8-10 months, which would be @10-12 pounds per month, and for someone of her size, that is not extreme.  

I thought that's what I saw, and that's why I was so confused, cause she made it sound like she was wearing some sort of big-deal heels, and I didn't see any.

Exactly; a lot of 600-pounders lose more than that and more quickly following Dr. Now's 1200-calorie diet, and that's without Will's extreme fitness program.  It's fairly easy to drop a lot of weight quickly when you have a lot to lose.  It's when you're relatively thin and are down to just those last 5 or 10 that the scale stops moving.  As for eating disorders, how do you distinguish (if at all) between "binge-eating disorder" and simply loving food, finding comfort in eating, and having no self control?  But I won't quibble about semantics.  I just never heard about Twit's until Jessica mentioned hers, so I'm inclined to think it's yet another of her convenient, manipulative inventions...  

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 3

I love the absolute audacity and complete lack of self awareness Twit displays when she worries that her elderly parents “…aren’t taking care of themselves”. Yes - because a 400 lb 36 year old is the epitome of self care.

Between that and her tearful Oscar-worthy “I wanna be an INSPIRATION” performance to Will - this was the perfect episode to display Twit’s obliviousness (and narcissism). You could see that Will was really trying not to laugh. Good thing he was wearing a mask. He clearly knows that hiring a super morbidly obese trainer who is out of breath after a lunge (despite her reality notoriety) isn’t the best branding move. If only Jessica had an ounce of the common-sense and skill her dad clearly has. 

ETA: I’ll take this back about Will if Whitney somehow manages to get certified and she’s hired at his gym.

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
Words are hard
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I think this may be the season I finally checkout. How many story lines can they reuse? 

Wanting to become a trainer

Worried about her parents

Drama with buddy

Fake romance

This is really just boring

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

I love the absolute audacity and complete lack of self awareness Twit displays when she worries that her elderly parents “…aren’t taking care of themselves”. Yes - because a 400 lb 36 year old is the epitome of self care.

Between that and her tearful Oscar-worthy “I wanna be an INSPIRATION” performance to Will - this was the perfect episode to display Twit’s obliviousness (and narcissism). You could see that Will was really trying not to laugh. Good thing he was wearing a mask. He clearly knows that hiring a super morbidly obese trainer who is out of breath after a lunge (despite her reality notoriety) isn’t the best branding move. If only Jessica had an ounce of the common-sense and skill her dad clearly has. 

ETA: I’ll take this back about Will if Whitney somehow manages to get certified and she’s hired at his gym.

If she really wants to inspire people, she should change her "eating habit," exercise vigorously on a consistent basis, and lose weight.  THEN she could say to clients "I know how hard it is,  I've been there. I can help you." But as of right now,  she has zero credibility when it comes to fitness.  

• Love 9
On 9/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, sempervivum said:

I think she's probably using either something like Toppix or just a brow powder to fill in the bare spots, but it's virtually impossible to make it look like a real hairline. What I don't understand is why she doesn't go for a hairstyle that includes a part or bangs, where her sparse hairline could be disguised better. Maybe she's botoxing her forehead and thinks it should be shown off? She keeps defaulting to these skinned-back styles, which leave no room for fakery. I bet it's even more obvious in real life.

I think I recall her saying in one of her Instagram video streams a while back (talking about her hair situation or her lip botox), as a quick aside, that she wasn't happy with how the tattooing of her hairline had gone and was pissed about it.  Sorry to be so vague about it, but I rarely watch those videos, can't stand more than a few minutes of her at a time.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Cache said:

I think I recall her saying in one of her Instagram video streams a while back (talking about her hair situation or her lip botox), as a quick aside, that she wasn't happy with how the tattooing of her hairline had gone and was pissed about it.  

That definitely seems like it's what I had noticed.  I had never heard of that before.  I have to say I went to a website about it and none of the 'afters' looked good.  They weren't overly dark and blotchy like Whit's, but even the 'correctly' drawn hairlines (literally, individually drawn hair lines) didn't enhance the person's appearance.

• Love 3
On 9/4/2021 at 8:36 PM, all4mom2 said:

I call BS on it, too (that's why I put it in quotes).  It's just a threat to hold over anyone (like Will) who might call her on it.

Even if she did binge and purge, is it a full-fledged ED if you just one day decide not to do it anymore and don't, putting back all your weight and more?  Lots of anorexics and bulimics seek treatment for years and can't be cured...

I'm not convinced she ever did; just following a low-calorie diet and exercising vigorously would make weight drop quickly in anyone's Whitney's size.

I agree with you.  However she managed to lose weight, she was unable/unwilling to stick with it and decided to call it an ED to justify her quitting and to keep anyone else from nagging her about it.  By "nagging" I mean mentioning any kind of diet ever again because "trigger."

Edited to add that I missed several posts about ED that were very helpful.  I guess anyone who gets to such an enormous size must have *something* wrong with the way they eat; must have some psychological (if not physical) issue that needs to be addressed and treated--hence Dr. Now's insistence on therapy for his patients.

But I think Whitney was throwing around the term "ED" the way a lot of us (me) who are ignorant about what's thought of as the kind of ED that can be life-threatening, that requires extensive, maybe life-long, treatment or at least monitoring to keep the patient healthy enough to function, do.

And I don't believe she's ever suffered from that kind of ED and is using that as a threat to anyone who gives her a hard time about eating so much.

As far as us never seeing her overeat:  when I was 100 lbs heavier, no one ever saw *me* eating, either.  I suspect going through Whitney's trash can would be eye-opening.

Edited by Mothra
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Cache said:

tattooing of her hairline

Ohhhh, so that's what it is. This seems to me like something a teenager would do, because they can't believe they'll ever have grey hair. This will pretty much force her to dye her hair into old age, no?

On 9/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, Colleenna said:

If she really wants to inspire people, she should change her "eating habit," exercise vigorously on a consistent basis, and lose weight.  THEN she could say to clients "I know how hard it is,  I've been there. I can help you." But as of right now,  she has zero credibility when it comes to fitness. 

I could maybe see her being a trainer at her weight, but only if she could demonstrate actual fitness. I don't believe she can keep up her rope-jumping for more than 5 seconds, or lift moderate weights multiple times, etc., without becoming totally winded and collapsing. As a client, I would also be curious about her blood pressure and blood glucose levels.

I was actually surprised to find out (via google, for what it's worth) that you only have to take a written exam for physical trainer- there's NO physical test. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Ohhhh, so that's what it is. This seems to me like something a teenager would do, because they can't believe they'll ever have grey hair. This will pretty much force her to dye her hair into old age, no?

I could maybe see her being a trainer at her weight, but only if she could demonstrate actual fitness. I don't believe she can keep up her rope-jumping for more than 5 seconds, or lift moderate weights multiple times, etc., without becoming totally winded and collapsing. As a client, I would also be curious about her blood pressure and blood glucose levels.

I was actually surprised to find out (via google, for what it's worth) that you only have to take a written exam for physical trainer- there's NO physical test. 

It depends on the certifying organization.  Some require that you demonstrate actual technique,  while others do not. 

edit to add.... it may be that with the pandemic,  the ones that used to require in-person demos have dropped that requirement.  

Edited by Colleenna
Additional information
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Early on a lot of posters questioned the Frenchness of this guy's accent.  I was hesitant, but now I'm with you.  This guy is not French.

And Whitney consistently refers to him as the "French Man," not the "Frenchman."  What's up with that?

Blur had better watch his words carefully.  Whitney has this insane idea that every word anyone has ever spoken to her has the force of an oath sworn in front of the Supreme Court, no matter how long ago, no matter how circumstances have changed.  Any thing anyone mentions--idly--today will be brought up ten years from now, if the thing mentioned benefits Whitney in any way, and she will whine you to death until you say OK I'll do it.

OTOH, Whitney feels no obligation to stand by her own words.  You cannot count on her to follow through on anything she has promised to do.

So watch out, Mr. French Man:  You've already apparently been on several "dates" without realizing it.  For god's sake, don't take her via tablet to look at any churches.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Mothra said:

As far as us never seeing her overeat:  when I was 100 lbs heavier, no one ever saw *me* eating, either.  I suspect going through Whitney's trash can would be eye-opening.

Over the years we've seen Babs in her bedroom (when she lived with them):  loads of dirty plates and empty wine glasses and bottles; Glenn opening the hatchback of her car: tumbleweeds of fast food wrappers and calorie-laden soda/coffee cups; and Will in the front end of her car:  more fast food wrappers, plus the giant cookie with only one bite taken because she was "being good"!  (She didn't mention that she was saving the rest for later but you just know that Will knew it 😂 )

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Somebody needs that translator that Homer's brother invented for babies and adapt it for animals.  I want an interview with Whitney's pets.  Does she ever play with them?  Pet them?  I think that like everything else in Whitney's life, the shine wore off a long time ago.  She had weird-looking cats and a rescue poodle--how special she is!--and now she is tired of them, in fact has been tired of them for a while now.  I doubt that she understood how much more involvement a dog would require.

She needs some kind of therapy to teach her to follow through on projects, or at least to find a way to quit without dragging the suffering/pretense out.

• Love 2
On 9/10/2021 at 7:59 AM, sempervivum said:

Like mother, like daughter!

• Love 2