Type keyword(s) to search

[BUG, FIXED] Font Preference

Cinnabon

On 8/26/2021 at 9:28 PM, Cinnabon said:

I keep resetting my font size to Extra Large, but every couple days it reverted back to medium.  Is there a way to stop this?

Can you let me know what device, browser, and OS you are using please. Also, which theme are you using?

3 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

@Cinnabon Are you still experiencing this issue? If so when was the most recent incident?

Yes, it happens every few days. I set my font preference to to Extra Large, and 4-5 days later, it reverts back to Medium.

On 10/4/2021 at 3:45 PM, Cinnabon said:

Yes, it happens every few days. I set my font preference to to Extra Large, and 4-5 days later, it reverts back to Medium.

Hmm, strange. I can't reproduce the problem and as nobody else has reported experiencing the same, it's not a bug as such. 

Just want to check, to eliminate the obvious first - have you tried clearing your cache, logging out and in again from the site, restarting your device?

7 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Hmm, strange. I can't reproduce the problem and as nobody else has reported experiencing the same, it's not a bug as such. 

Just want to check, to eliminate the obvious first - have you tried clearing your cache, logging out and in again from the site, restarting your device?

Yes, I’ve tried that. It happens with my iPad also. But it’s not a huge problem, so thanks for taking a look.

On 10/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, Cinnabon said:

Yes, I’ve tried that. It happens with my iPad also. But it’s not a huge problem, so thanks for taking a look.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:00 AM, Corgi-ears said:

I have the same problem, actually, on Mac OS 11.6, Safari 14.1.2.

Are you both still experiencing this issue?

3 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Are you both still experiencing this issue?

Yes. When I change my font size to extra large, it always reverts back to medium within a week or 2. On both my iPhone and iPad.

• Useful 1

I came looking for a thread about this - another extra large font user here. Mine always reverts back to medium (I think). This has been happening since one of the updates a couple years ago when we first got this option. The last time it happened to me was as I was coming to the site just now. I'm on a Mac, running the most updated OS and using Safari as my browser. 

I'm having the same problem, but only since the new theme was installed. With the old theme, it would only revert to Normal size when I cleared cookies. Now I set font size to Larger, but every time I click back to the home page, the font size returns to Normal, even though the Larger box is still checked. So I have to set it to Normal then back to Larger, but again, it only lasts as long as I don't return to the Home page.

PC Windows 8.1 (I know), Firefox 108.0.1

• Like 1

I am having font issues as well. I have it selected to the largest size. It reverts back every time I change to a new page. Even if I stay on the same forum/topic. I am on iPhone 12 with the newest iOS version. I have restarted my phone, cleared cache, and logged out and back in. 

I recently logged in for the first time since the site was revamped.  When I choose Manage Followed Content, my list of followed Topics shows up first, as before.  However, the width of the Topic Title column is extremely narrow, displaying no more than 2 characters.  For example, Friends shows up as

F

ri

e

n

d

s (sans the line spacing).

A really long title, such as Shows That Died Before Their Time, extends the entire length of my laptop's screen.  I don't have this problem when displaying Forums that I follow.  There I see, for example,

Ted

Lasso (sans the line spacing).

Is there a way to widen the title display for Topics I follow?