Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Talk to the Braids

• Start Topic

Robyn is such a lazy, unattractive drunk. The Bo Derek braids, the ratty cut-off denim, the matted grey poly robe … spilling whisky, patting the puss like Evelyn Lozada.

All the other ladies (Gizzard excluded) were turned out, and Sis looked and acted a mess.

Girl, please get off the show, stop embarrassing yourself and sort your life out. Juan is your roommate; there won’t any wedding. It’s painful the watch.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Probably not a hiatus but next weekend is a holiday weekend, so probably not a new show.

They did play a preview for next week during the Shahs reunion & I texted my friend about it relieved (I have now admitted I watch the terrible Shahs & I have no life, but the heart wants what it wants).

1 hour ago, Fig Newton said:

I don't know what happened or how it happened or why it happened..............but I am really, REALLY liking Candiace this season

SAME. And I almost didn't watch because I used to dislike her so much. I'm sure it is an image thing, but she cracks me up in her confessionals.

I actually don't think Eddie cheated. I think Wendy is maybe not a great fit for reality tv and doesn't know how to react to these attacks and rumors. I would probably cry and go to my room immediately but I am also not good tv. 

I have typically liked Robyn (without Gizelle) by extension because I am a U of MD fan and will cling to that NCAA championship with Juan, but her muttering about why does Wendy care so much rang a little false when she and Giselle were driving to Arlington to go to Oz to confront Ashely about her talking about Juan and Robyn. I was dying when she was saying "I know who I'm not invited to my bridal shower..." No one wants to go to your bridal shower and bring presents when you have been married to this man and living with him for 20 years! You don't need a Simple Human trashcan from me.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Robyn is such a lazy, unattractive drunk. The Bo Derek braids, the ratty cut-off denim, the matted grey poly robe … spilling whisky, patting the puss like Evelyn Lozada.

All the other ladies (Gizzard excluded) were turned out, and Sis looked and acted a mess.

Girl, please get off the show, stop embarrassing yourself and sort your life out. Juan is your roommate; there won’t any wedding. It’s painful the watch.

I wonder if Robyn was not on this show would Juan be hanging around?  Robyn makes decent money from Bravo so maybe it is enough of a perk for Juan to pretend to be in it 100%, they just moved in to a big, expensive house so he maybe locked in for a bit longer.

Robyn has never been accused of being fussy about her clothes, she could do better but to sit around a house on vacation I would probably dress for comfort rather than status. I did not care for her braids, the color was not good although they looked better than Wendy's, I saw huge patches of scalp on her.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

These new candle entrepreneurs crack me up. Why, oh why do three of them have new candle lines? It’s not a new market. 

I am now planning to launch a 5 wick candle line …

When I was a kid, I made candles with molds, wax and a double boiler (In retrospect, they were ugly).

Why is it that my mom who wouldn’t teach me to cook (when I asked she said “go set the table”) was fine with me making this mess all over the kitchen is still a mystery.

10 hours ago, RealReality said:

is there some aliexpress clearance sale on candles?  mia, wendy and karen are doing candles.  

10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Coincidentally, I am going to be launching a 5 and a half wick candle line.  Its just like your, but far superior in that it can fragrance a foot more space.  Better luck next time.  

4 hours ago, bosawks said:

They're channeling their inner Millay:

“My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—
These messy Hos can fight!”

― Edna St. Vincent Millay, A Few Figs Wigs from Thistles Drivel

I am going to start a candle line where each candle will have 100 wicks and no wax…it’s my passion.

The first 2 scents will be dedicated to howives and be called thirst and desperation.

Ya’ll missed the most important part… Robyn was in a P-Diddy video!

I kind of liked the way Juan shut down the passive aggressive bullshit phone conversation at the table.

48 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wonder if Robyn was not on this show would Juan be hanging around?  Robyn makes decent money from Bravo so maybe it is enough of a perk for Juan to pretend to be in it 100%, they just moved in to a big, expensive house so he maybe locked in for a bit longer.

Robyn has never been accused of being fussy about her clothes, she could do better but to sit around a house on vacation I would probably dress for comfort rather than status. I did not care for her braids, the color was not good although they looked better than Wendy's, I saw huge patches of scalp on her.

I really don’t know. Supposedly, Juan has a girlfriend in real life but they do seem to want to raise the kids together. 
Juan has been the only storyline Robyn has had for several seasons.

It has gotten beyond stale.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

He likes her well enough; otherwise he wouldn't be there.  Men don't stay where they don't want to be.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I know firsthand several men who are not where they want to be but aren't willing to deal with everything involved in actually changing their situation. One of them described it to me as "comfortable misery."

Men are simple creatures -- food, sex, sleep. If they are getting food and sleep in a familiar comfortable environment that isn't actively hostile or regularly argumentative, and they know they can get sex elsewhere, why upset the apple cart? Comfortable misery.  

Please know, this is not a "men will be men" kind of statement. I am NOT forgiving or sweeping off their behavior. They are just generally lazy assholes who, so long as they can have their cake and eat it too, are going to stay in the same place. I do wish more women would not forgive this behavior -- its disturbing how many women accept cheating as part of the larger package. If these men know their wives are going to ultimately forgive the cheating, there's no consequence to doing it over and over again. And so they do. 

p.s. -- for what its worth, I did give the guy who told me he was living in "comfortable misery" an earful . . . the word coward was used multiple times, among many other, more colorful, words. . .  

Edited by SailorGirl
added the p.s.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Robyn's reaction to Wendy calling her relationship non-existent was the same as Wendy's reaction to what Gizelle said about Eddy. But I guess in her mind, only Wendy is insecure about her relationship. How Robyn manages to be boring, charming, relatable, funny, exhausting, cringey, ridiculous, absurd, witless and nonsensical all at the same time is a gift that cannot fully be appreciated in its own time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

you can take offense to it yes but add to that the over sexualization and IQ points that seem to have vanished from Wendy plus now her husband is being EXTRA when talking to her and it looks like they are attempting to cover something

I think a lot of wendys "transformation" in looks and attitude have been a direct response to the criticism she got last season.  

Wendy was routinely criticized for being boring and matronly, and apparently having a flat butt.  

I think she took it to heart, and did a complete 180 in looks and personality.  

I dont think it has much of anything to do with Eddie and has more to do with reacting to her ideas of what the audience wanted.  

Ultimately, this is where someone as incredibly smart as Wendy showed her Achilles heel.

She didn't realize that this genre, this series, this franchise is meant to galvanize the audience. 

You're gonna have people who like you and people who hate you no matter what you do or how you act. 

At no point will everyone love you and if they do its means you're kinda boring.   

Some people love gizelle and some people hate her.  Some people love karen and some people hate her.  Some people love candiace and some hate her.  Same with Ashley, same with Kenya Moore, Kandi Burress, nene leaves, Kim z, piranha, marlo.....everyone has their fans and detractors.  

But Wendy tried to change who she is to placate her detractors and that's silly, but it may come from bring an academic.  Someone gives you feedback on an assignment and you take that, work on the issues and improve your work.  

This show isn't that.  No matter who you are some people are going to love you and some are going to hate you. 

Thank you all for attending my Ted talk. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

Karen’s speech at the “ceremony”🤔

“I would be remiss if I did not mention my BELATED parents...”

What?  Were they late?  They couldn’t hold off the ceremony until they arrived? 

ohhhh.  She meant departed....🙄

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Wendy's surgeries and new Zen Wen personality was always going to be one of the talking points of this season. I think Wendy's problem is that there seemed to be a malicious desire to bring trash from blogs on to the show, and they used her new looks as a vehicle to do so, in saying that the rumors caused the transformation. Last season began in such a way that suggested that they would go after Wendy for bringing up her degrees every 5 seconds. It would not have been a good look for them to attack her in that way, especially when we were in the middle of really promoting black excellence last year. This year, they happened upon some things (surgery, cheating rumors) that would be a softer target. That takes Wendy out of her professional bubble and puts her in the Bravo housewives bubble, which is essentially their turf. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Even though this is a housewives show and they will get in the gutter about some things, I think Wendy genuinely feels bad that they will start dragging Eddie through the mud, regardless of whether he is guilty or not. For the record, I lean towards not. Imagine that he is actually not guilty of anything or at the very least, something minor, like just being a big flirt. The power of suggestion is real. People who want it to be true will find any way to explain it. 

I concur. She has been genuinely hurt throughout the trip, surprised by the pile-on, and naively so. She thought those women were her friends. She clearly bought into respectable politics last season and imagined she was above the fray. And this year, production and its inherent cruelty is biting her on the ass. 

I hope in rewatching this, she is doing some soul-searching and weighing whether tv fame is worth potentially destroying her family. Monique got out at the right time. Hopefully Wendy will see the light.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Wendy most definitely bullied Ashley because she brought her baby to the lake house.  Ashley never did anything to Wendy but Wendy tried to belittle Ashley with the "People like YOU call ME Dr. Wendy."    Who is "people like you?"  Ashley has a degree of her own and has the time and money to get 3 or 4 more if she wanted to.  Ashley bringing the baby to the lake house NEVER should've been brought up to Ashley, it was MONIQUE who should've extended the invitation to Wendy to bring her baby.

Ashley was bullied but I couldn't feel that sorry for her because Ashley harassed/bullied Robyn for 3 seasons about Juan and Ashley definitely bullied Katie.

I would even say Gizelle has been bullied when Monique, Karen & Charrisse brought Kyndall around several times to embarrass Gizelle.

You don't always need a crew to back you up to bully anyone.  Ashley was a one woman wrecking crew.

The meeting at Karen's house wasn't the issue.  Monique had her say, the other cast members had their say.  And I do believe Karen was TEAM NEUTRAL at that meeting.  Karen knew and said that Monique was dead wrong.

What made Karen jump to TEAM MONIQUE was Candiace & Wendy continually trying to get Karen to disavow Monique and side with Candiace.  Karen didn't appreciate Candiace or Wendy barking at her to shun Monique.

Then at the reunion, admonishing Monique about using her words instead of her hands only to a year later, threaten to whoop Gizelle's ass herself.

Every cast member on this show has bullied another cast member with the exception of maybe Katie.

I didn't think what Wendy said to Ashley was bullying.  She didn't engage anyone else in the fight. She didn't physically intimidate her and she wasn't demanding she take her child home.  

The "people like you call me doctor" line was patronizing and condescending.  Both are terrible but neither rises to the level of bullying, IMO. 

The only time Ashley MAY have been bullied is when gizelle and robyn both confronted her at OZ about her persistent meddling in Robyn's marriage.

I ultimately think we have a different definition of bullying. 

I generally don't consider one on one beef or arguments to be bullying.  To me those are equal parties sparring.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I am going to start a candle line where each candle will have 100 wicks and no wax…it’s my passion.

The first 2 scents will be dedicated to howives and be called thirst and desperation.

Ya’ll missed the most important part… Robyn was in a P-Diddy video!

I kind of liked the way Juan shut down the passive aggressive bullshit phone conversation at the table.

I really don’t know. Supposedly, Juan has a girlfriend in real life but they do seem to want to raise the kids together. 
Juan has been the only storyline Robyn has had for several seasons.

It has gotten beyond stale.

For all this talk of Eddie, it's Juan whose attitude makes me think he is cheating.  

I had always taken robyn at her word that we just didn't understand the nature of the relationship she and Juan had but behind closed doors it was loving and strong.  Even though he always sounds at least mildly contemptuous when they are talking. 

But some people have a different relationship behind closed door.  

However, seeing robyn on that cringey desperate call let's me know that she does, indeed, care what others think.  

And the fact that Juan knew or had to know that she was sitting at a table with everyone else and basically responded with the same level of dismissive contempt makes me think that he really, really just doesn't like robyn.  

She needn't worry about Eddie rumors because soon enough there will be some more out about Juan. Robyn may choose not to care but she may change her tune once some girl decides she wants 10 minutes of blog fame. 

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I know firsthand several men who are not where they want to be but aren't willing to deal with everything involved in actually changing their situation. One of them described it to me as "comfortable misery."

Men are simple creatures -- food, sex, sleep. If they are getting food and sleep in a familiar comfortable environment that isn't actively hostile or regularly argumentative, and they know they can get sex elsewhere, why upset the apple cart? Comfortable misery.  

So in other words, they are exactly where they want to be.

19 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Robyn's reaction to Wendy calling her relationship non-existent was the same as Wendy's reaction to what Gizelle said about Eddy.

But Wendy was the one jumping up, whooping and hollering about the proposal more than Robyn or any of her family was.  Why are you jumping up and down in excitement for a non-existant relationship?

2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I didn't think what Wendy said to Ashley was bullying.  She didn't engage anyone else in the fight. She didn't physically intimidate her and she wasn't demanding she take her child home.  

The "people like you call me doctor" line was patronizing and condescending.  Both are terrible but neither rises to the level of bullying, IMO. 

The only time Ashley MAY have been bullied is when gizelle and robyn both confronted her at OZ about her persistent meddling in Robyn's marriage.

I ultimately think we have a different definition of bullying. 

I generally don't consider one on one beef or arguments to be bullying.  To me those are equal parties sparring.  

It was most definitely bullying.  When they were in the kitchen, that was tit for tat.  That was sparring.  When they were at dinner and Ashley expressed how she didn't like how Wendy was coming for her, the first thing Wendy did was use her status as a PhD holder to put down Ashley in front of the group.  "People like you."  Again, who is "people like you?"   Wendy used her status to put down Ashley to look more impressive to the group. That's bullying.

Sparring would be Robyn jumping in her little car and driving from Maryland to Virginia to confront Ashley about repeatedly harassing her about Juan.

Bullying is Ashley digging into Katie even though everyone saw Katie was in fragile mental health but Ashley dug into Katie to the point Katie was never seen again on the show.

Sparring would be Wendy firing shots at Gizelle, Robyn and Ashley.

Bullying is Monique repeatedly coming for Candiace while the rest of the cast is like "What's her problem?"

Sparring is how Monique & Candiace was at the barn.

13 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And the fact that Juan knew or had to know that she was sitting at a table with everyone else and basically responded with the same level of dismissive contempt makes me think that he really, really just doesn't like robyn. 

I don't think Juan is contemptuous of Robyn, although it pleases the audience to think so because the audience does not like Robyn.  Robyn could be fired from RHOP today and Juan will still be with her 5 years from now, whether he's cheating or not.  Robyn lets him cheat in peace and we should too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

So in other words, they are exactly where they want to be.

But Wendy was the one jumping up, whooping and hollering about the proposal more than Robyn or any of her family was.  Why are you jumping up and down in excitement for a non-existant relationship?

It was most definitely bullying.  When they were in the kitchen, that was tit for tat.  That was sparring.  When they were at dinner and Ashley expressed how she didn't like how Wendy was coming for her, the first thing Wendy did was use her status as a PhD holder to put down Ashley in front of the group.  "People like you."  Again, who is "people like you?"   Wendy used her status to put down Ashley to look more impressive to the group. That's bullying.

Sparring would be Robyn jumping in her little car and driving from Maryland to Virginia to confront Ashley about repeatedly harassing her about Juan.

Bullying is Ashley digging into Katie even though everyone saw Katie was in fragile mental health but Ashley dug into Katie to the point Katie was never seen again on the show.

Sparring would be Wendy firing shots at Gizelle, Robyn and Ashley.

Bullying is Monique repeatedly coming for Candiace while the rest of the cast is like "What's her problem?"

Sparring is how Monique & Candiace was at the barn.

I don't think Juan is contemptuous of Robyn, although it pleases the audience to think so because the audience does not like Robyn.  Robyn could be fired from RHOP today and Juan will still be with her 5 years from now, whether he's cheating or not.  Robyn lets him cheat in peace and we should too.

Being condescending and patronizing isn't bullying. 

Its just being condescending and patronizing. 

I definitely don't think using status to make someone else feel bad is bullying. 

Not every instance of assholery is bullying.  In fact very few are, IMO.  

Re: Juan.  Robyn called him from a table full of people and was clearly trying to get him to back her up about their relationship being serious.  

Instead of giving her that little feel good nugget on national TV he was basically like "what are you talking about, whatever, I'll call you later, bye"

I mean geez, as Robyn sits there in front of all her friends trying to defend her relationship. 

ETA - Robyn decided to get in some association beef over someone cheating rumors.  That was her decision, if she wants to stir up that hornets nest for Wendy and Eddie then she shouldn't have any problem when someone stirs up that honests nest for her.  

You'd think after three seasons of Ashley's speculative meddling Robyn would have learned to keep her mouth shut on any cheating rumors, but she wanted to involve herself so the issue of Juan's fidelity is rightfully on the table. 

One could just as easily craft a narrative where Robyn is sleeping all day and depressed because Juan is cheating. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If the HW's never went to see the historic part of Wburg why did they have to go there, they could have gone to Deep Creek Lake or Betheny Beach or Ocean City, plenty of rentals in both those places and no history to not go see.

Karen still cracks me up with her self importance, she would go to the opening of an envelope.  

The dance off was fun, finally something fun happened.

I give a lot of credit to Ashley for getting in a car for a 2 hour drive so quickly after giving birth, the shear exhaustion of childbirth and taking care of babies is not for sissy's not to mention the lady bits are still healing...my son is 32 today and I think I am almost recovered, lol.

Oh BOSAWKS, you are funny and smart!!!! Love it!

Due to Covid and people wanting to get outdoors and away from the city last year those places at the beach were renting at a premium and also sold out, probably Deep Creek Lake was as well. Williamsburg was indeed a weird choice but probably the closest place that was available and relatively cheap. But yeah, I don't even know why they bothered with a "vacation" this season. So tired of the supposed "vacation" turning into arguments and bad behavior, but that's the Housewives formula: Fight over rooms, drink too much, bring up gossip, argue and scream over top of each other. YAWN.

Speaking of arguing over rooms, I was kind of amazed that Mia did not make a big deal of being removed from the room she had been assigned/taken. I would have called foul just for the way Gizelle did it.

I actually enjoy the scenes with Ashley and Michael because they are different from the usual messy mess I'm seeing this season. Most of it is boring to me and at least the two freaks and their kiddos aren't slinging mud and lies.

I also enjoyed Karen going to the opening of a door, I mean, to her Surrey ceremony. Whatever she does I still find her entertaining. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Gizelle was right when she said that Wendy might not belong in their group. She’s way too sensitive and reactive. If someone told me there were rumors of my man cheating I would probably laugh. If there’s no truth in it, then why over react? Despite all her bragging about all her degrees, and acting all tough, I think Wendy is insecure and unsure of herself . Probably not a good fit for reality tv. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Gizelle was right when she said that Wendy might not belong in their group. She’s way too sensitive and reactive. If someone told me there were rumors of my man cheating I would probably laugh. If there’s no truth in it, then why over react? Despite all her bragging about all her degrees, and acting all tough, I think Wendy is insecure and unsure of herself . Probably not a good fit for reality tv. 

Because it's a public dig at her marriage that is hard to disprove. 

As a personal choice I never drink liquor or use any illicit drugs (not even weed). 

Someone close to me once started commenting to other people about how my "behavior" towards them and my avoidance of them could be attributable to drug use.  

There was not a single shred of truth to this. 

And I didn't find it cute or funny at all.  I was deeply hurt that someone close to me would go around lying to people about me.  

I don't think it's some sign of weakness or insecurity for Wendy to be hurt. Just like I didn't think I was weak or insecure for being hurt.  

I find it hilarious that gizelle would talk about anyone else being too fragile for the show when she wouldn't even entertain questions and comments at a table in front of the group. 

She is, apparently, just as weak a bitch. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

The gall of Gizelle to call someone out for "high school behavior" when she is basically the stereotypical Mean Girl highschool cheerleader/Heather is incomprehensible to me.  

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw. Do I look like Mother Theresa?

Are the 3 wick candles actually better than the 1 wick?  In terms of "space" the smell covers?  I have several 1 wick and several 3 wick and I don't notice a difference.  I am told the latest is "woodwick" but I have no idea why...

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, StillHere said:

She has been genuinely hurt throughout the trip, surprised by the pile-on, and naively so. She thought those women were her friends. She clearly bought into respectable politics last season and imagined she was above the fray. And this year, production and its inherent cruelty is biting her on the ass. 

I hope in rewatching this, she is doing some soul-searching and weighing whether tv fame is worth potentially destroying her family. Monique got out at the right time. Hopefully Wendy will see the light.

So true. I really think Wendy underestimated the Real Housewives experience; it opens your life up to the public in ways you cannot control, and even if you think you're going to be the Witty Commentator who can keep your reputation intact, you've got to bring some drama to the table to avoid resentful cast members, accusations of "fakeness," or boring the audience.

I'm torn about Robyn and Juan. On one hand, I find Juan tiresome, and I think he should treat Robyn better. On the other hand, I want them to get married because I want Michael to be wrong and miserable.

At least Wendy knows Karen's advice about her candle business is legit? Karen's doing her usual thing of lying by focusing on a technicality; will Wendy join Candiace at the Betrayed Protégé Table?

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw. Do I look like Mother Theresa?

Are the 3 wick candles actually better than the 1 wick?  In terms of "space" the smell covers?  I have several 1 wick and several 3 wick and I don't notice a difference.  I am told the latest is "woodwick" but I have no idea why...

Your question actually made me wonder and I stumbled onto this blog written by the person Wendy wants us to think she is.  

According to her, the multi wick candle gives you a stronger scent because the wax is burning faster.  But it is very unclear that it covers a significantly larger area.  I think it just distributes the scent faster.  She ALSO explains wood wicks!

" Multiple wick candles do in fact give of more scent so the higher price does indeed mean more fragrance. By adding more wicks, you are burning the wax faster, which means that you get a stronger smell."

https://housefragrance.com/do-multiple-wick-candles-smell-stronger/

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Your question actually made me wonder and I stumbled onto this blog written by the person Wendy wants us to think she is.  

According to her, the multi wick candle gives you a stronger scent because the wax is burning faster.  But it is very unclear that it covers a significantly larger area.  I think it just distributes the scent faster.  She ALSO explains wood wicks!

" Multiple wick candles do in fact give of more scent so the higher price does indeed mean more fragrance. By adding more wicks, you are burning the wax faster, which means that you get a stronger smell."

https://housefragrance.com/do-multiple-wick-candles-smell-stronger/

Wood wick sounds like a pejorative.

“Take you and your wood wick and get the eff out!”

• LOL 15

I surely would never say "non existent" to Juan's face. That man can be absent when he's right there in front of you ...don't give him a label or a reason to describe his behavior.... Robyn don't play with fire, or poke papa bear...

Wendy:  Robyn can quickly turn into one of those reformed girls from the "I'll kick your ass club". Leave her alone. She reminds me of Tina Campbell... Tread lightly..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, sATL said:

Wendy:  Robyn can quickly turn into one of those reformed girls from the "I'll kick your ass club". Leave her alone. She reminds me of Tina Campbell... Tread lightly..

This and thats why Wendy backed down and said I am sorry so fast to her .. she knows unlike Gizelle Robyn will hit back LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I died laughing when Karen announced her candle line at the swearing in ceremony and then of course her explanation about why her and Wendy's candles are completely different. Also, Wendy's face when Karen said candle line.

One thing I really appreciate about these ladies (and the RHONY ladies), they actually eat. Unlike some of the BH ladies who never seem to eat anything.

Wendy, having his last name means nothing. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I died laughing when Karen announced her candle line at the swearing in ceremony and then of course her explanation about why her and Wendy's candles are completely different. Also, Wendy's face when Karen said candle line.

One thing I really appreciate about these ladies (and the RHONY ladies), they actually eat. Unlike some of the BH ladies who never seem to eat anything.

Wendy, having his last name means nothing. 

Yup, just ask Ms. Gizelle Bryant.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This and thats why Wendy backed down and said I am sorry so fast to her .. she knows unlike Gizelle Robyn will hit back LOL

I think she apologized quick because she wasn't going to give Robyn the attention she is clearly desperate for. 

Or maybe she felt sorry for her, because that phone call with Juan was embarrassing.  He didn't even pretend to care.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Due to Covid and people wanting to get outdoors and away from the city last year those places at the beach were renting at a premium and also sold out, probably Deep Creek Lake was as well. Williamsburg was indeed a weird choice but probably the closest place that was available and relatively cheap.

If they were going to drive to Williamsburg, just keep driving to Duck or Corolla and get a big house on the beach (although they were probably sold out). Kingsmill felt like an odd choice because it did used to be a plantation (and I think there is a golf course called the Plantation course). I'm not surprised they didn't go to Colonial Williamsburg because even though I learned in my classes in college (preservation), there is nothing historically accurate about the Rockefeller's Williamsburg, it still feels gross. Also all the candle-making places might've too much for Wendy and Karen.

16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I am told the latest is "woodwick" but I have no idea why...

I was just introduced to wood wicks this weekend at a farmer's market and was given a long explanation about using them and I still don't understand. They look cool though!   

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, StillHere said:

Patting the puss like Evelyn Lozada.

I'ma need ya'll to stop with the funnies, I'M AT WORK HERE!!  🤣

Candiace, while you have the most sickest body ever created, you can miss me with your calmness….heiffa, you were all Being Mary Jane last year with the stickies everywhere and constantly dabbing your heavily made up eyes because Monique mollywhopped your ass.  I don’t buy this kumbaya Candiace at all and will wait for her to sell wolf tickets again.

Juan – He was beyond assholic to Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb when she called him snapping ‘I am getting my hair clipped’…why pick up the phone then?  And then to be annoyed when speaking with her at the last dinner, WHY ARE YOU WITH THIS WOMAN?  It sho ain’t for love, Bravo’s check must be steep for him to still be with her and the kids.

Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb – Dear, every woman outside of Wendy at that table has said something negative about you and Juan, every…woman!!  Are you not considering them your friends because of their comments about your ‘situationship’?  This argument with Wendy was just for more screentime, FOH with that shit. 

Again Gizzard, your ‘concern’ for Wendy is as fake as your lashes….she has every right to read your ass.  And for the love of Ye, always wear a sarong with your bathing suits, that ass was flabby.

Mia – Please don’t make me dislike you.  Cain’t stand the Giz but she did not call Wendy a ‘weak bitch’! 

Here's Alexander's comments for the week....

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I think she apologized quick because she wasn't going to give Robyn the attention she is clearly desperate for. 

Or maybe she felt sorry for her, because that phone call with Juan was embarrassing.  He didn't even pretend to care.  

I think its more that she knows she can fuck with Gizelle 100% because that's all G is is MOUTH so you can threaten to beat her up and say it don't matter that there are cameras around ... Robyn on the other hand wouldn't play if pushed .... You make that threat with her and she will walk outside and wait for your ass to back it up ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

If they were going to drive to Williamsburg, just keep driving to Duck or Corolla and get a big house on the beach (although they were probably sold out). Kingsmill felt like an odd choice because it did used to be a plantation (and I think there is a golf course called the Plantation course). I'm not surprised they didn't go to Colonial Williamsburg because even though I learned in my classes in college (preservation), there is nothing historically accurate about the Rockefeller's Williamsburg, it still feels gross. Also all the candle-making places might've too much for Wendy and Karen.

I was just introduced to wood wicks this weekend at a farmer's market and was given a long explanation about using them and I still don't understand. They look cool though!   

I had fond memories of my sixth grade overnight field trip (all the way from Baltimore County!), my favorite parts were the apothecary and the house tour, butter churning never seemed so possible.

When my kids were young I took them there, I will have to check with them if they remember that trip at all, it might have been trumped by the Disney trips.

Woodwick candles once lit sound like a crackling fire, it's kinda nice actually. As far as scents I only like the very light ones like fresh linen, ocean breeze, etc...blue and white colors, nothing in green, red or anything that smells like a holiday or food.  Wendy and Karen should just join forces in the candle game, it does not seem that the HW's really do joint ventures with the exception of Vicki and Tamara doing some short lived wine club.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think its more that she knows she can fuck with Gizelle 100% because that's all G is is MOUTH so you can threaten to beat her up and say it don't matter that there are cameras around ... Robyn on the other hand wouldn't play if pushed .... You make that threat with her and she will walk outside and wait for your ass to back it up ...

Did anyone physically threaten Robyn?  I don't remember that at all. 

Robyn was looking very thirsty for a fight at that table. 

And Wendy didn't need to humiliate Robyn any more than her own her own husband did on that phone call. 

I mean, Robyn is all kinds of mad about Wendy talking about her non existent relationship and Juan wouldn't even throw Robyn a bone.

Nothing Wendy was gonna say about Robyn's relationship was going to be worse than that desperation cringe call.   

I think Robyn made it kinda look worse by going in on Wendy when that phone call made it clear that Juan does not really care.  

• Love 6

And let me say, it's hard to find the right man for reality TV.  I think Chris B cares about the right amount.  

You don't want a Peter (Cynthia) where he is basically auditioning for a peach. 

You don't want a Juan who is openly contemptuous and just doesnt care and doesn't want to really be there (but I'm sure he likes a check).  

You don't want creepy Michael Darby trying to physically intimidate women and grabbing butts. 

Chris B has snacks, this is a plus.  He supports his wife but isn't afraid to stand up for her or to her.  He doesn't mind playing second banana.  He can mix it up if needed.  He also doesn't seem entirely too pressed about public perception.  

2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

No she just threatened Gizelle in that same breath ...

Well, then I'm not sure why Robyn would be waiting for anyone anywhere when no one threatened her.  

Or why anyone would assume Wendy was apologizing to Robyn out of fear. 

If someone thinks Robyn is delusional enough to think that a verbal threat against someone else is somehow a physical threat against her, she may need to see Candiace's therapist. 

• Love 5

I can't use Juan's reaction to the dinner phone call as a gauge on how he feels about his relationship with Robyn, because the whole phone call was stupid and he reacted the way many would react.  "Hi, is this my non-existent (boyfriend, husband, whatever she said)?  Don't you know we have a non-existent relationship?" Juan isn't the most expressive in normal circumstances, and probably had zero patience for that nonsense.  I would have shut that shit down quickly, too, and told the other person to just call me back when you're being normal.  Which is what he did.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

You better not say that when Juan Dixon is around!

Oh wait, actually you can. 

I AM SO GLAD JUAN DIXON IS NOT HERE RIGHT NOW.

Wait, he's never here.

Probably at his girlfriend's house.....

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Ss55 said:

I can't use Juan's reaction to the dinner phone call as a gauge on how he feels about his relationship with Robyn, because the whole phone call was stupid and he reacted the way many would react.  "Hi, is this my non-existent (boyfriend, husband, whatever she said)?  Don't you know we have a non-existent relationship?" Juan isn't the most expressive in normal circumstances, and probably had zero patience for that nonsense.  I would have shut that shit down quickly, too, and told the other person to just call me back when you're being normal.  Which is what he did.

I see where you are coming from. I also think though that Juan knows that their unconventional relationship has been a sore subject on the show. I think in that moment Robyn wanted Juan to remember that and tell the table something reassuring like "to whom it may concern Robyn and I are in love and I know you are looking forward to our wedding", or at the very least "are they saying it's fake again Robyn? You and I both know that's not true". He completely failed her test. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I see where you are coming from. I also think though that Juan knows that their unconventional relationship has been a sore subject on the show. I think in that moment Robyn wanted Juan to remember that and tell the table something reassuring like "to whom it may concern Robyn and I are in love and I know you are looking forward to our wedding", or at the very least "are they saying it's fake again Robyn? You and I both know that's not true". He completely failed her test. 

But Juan was on the phone, not in the room. He couldn't read the room, read Robyn's mind or assess her sarcasm in order to make a response. The call was nonsense and Juan was smart to not go down that rabbit hole.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

But Juan was on the phone, not in the room. He couldn't read the room, read Robyn's mind or assess her sarcasm in order to make a response. The call was nonsense and Juan was smart to not go down that rabbit hole.

Yes, but Robyn was on a cast trip and she would never have said that to him if she was in her room alone. By season 6, any time he calls he should expect to be on camera or a microphone to be nearby. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ss55 said:

Generally I'd agree.  

But he knows or should know that she is on national TV looking for some kind of confirmation or validation of the authenticity of their relationship in front of the others. 

He didn't even throw her a bone.  He didn't even pretend to care for her sake.  His tone was so contemptuous.  

Juan has literally had a nicer tone with creepy Michael Darby than with his wife. 

Which means he knows how to pretend and make nice.  And he couldn't even do it for his fiancee? 

Just sad.  

39 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

If he couldn't hear that sarcasm after knowing her for decades maybe they just aren't well suited.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I mean anything......ANYTHING!

it's sad that Juan Dixon gave Wendy her mic drop.  

After that everyone could just pity stare into their soup and Wendy could give a BS apology.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

And let me say, it's hard to find the right man for reality TV.  I think Chris B cares about the right amount.  

Chris B has snacks, this is a plus.  He supports his wife but isn't afraid to stand up for her or to her.  He doesn't mind playing second banana.  He can mix it up if needed.  He also doesn't seem entirely too pressed about public perception.   

He ain't got to be pressed. He's getting a free ride.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Generally I'd agree.  

But he knows or should know that she is on national TV looking for some kind of confirmation or validation of the authenticity of their relationship in front of the others. 

He didn't even throw her a bone.  He didn't even pretend to care for her sake.  His tone was so contemptuous.  

Juan has literally had a nicer tone with creepy Michael Darby than with his wife. 

Which means he knows how to pretend and make nice.  And he couldn't even do it for his fiancee? 

Just sad.  

If he couldn't hear that sarcasm after knowing her for decades maybe they just aren't well suited.  

By the same token Robyn failed to assess Juan's annoyance when he asked her what she was talking about. Maybe, if Robyn told him what Wendy said, maybe he would have responded the way she wanted. Given his personality, he reacted in character. Sucks for Robyn, but she keeps pursuing this "relationship".

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

By the same token Robyn failed to assess Juan's annoyance when he asked her what she was talking about. Maybe, if Robyn told him what Wendy said, maybe he would have responded the way she wanted. Given his personality, he reacted in character. Sucks for Robyn, but she keeps pursuing this "relationship".

LOL.  I think Robyn in too deep by the time she realized he was annoyed. 

Like what was she gonna do at that point?

I didn't feel bad about what Wendy said to Robyn,  but I felt embarrassed for Robyn after that call.  

But yeah, agree that Juan acted in character.  

1 hour ago, StillHere said:

He ain't got to be pressed. He's getting a free ride.

So was Peter Thomas.  Who never stopped being pressed.  LOL. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

Did anyone physically threaten Robyn?  I don't remember that at all. 

Wendy did say "if it weren't for these mother effing camera's" and she also said "if you want to get it poppin', we can get it poppin'." But that was directed at Gizelle, not Robyn. 

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

So was Peter Thomas.  Who never stopped being pressed.  LOL. 

But RHOA ain't on my mind. Bassett's no-job-having ass is. LOL

I wonder who's paying his child support – Candiace or Dorothy?

• LOL 4
21 hours ago, StillHere said:

But RHOA ain't on my mind. Bassett's no-job-having ass is. LOL

I wonder who's paying his child support – Candiace or Dorothy?

LOL, touche. 

Your comment is literally making me giggle, though I don't think Chris is that bad.  

Personally. I think he should start making candles.  7 wick candles.  He'd clean up. 

• LOL 7