Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 38 (2021-2022)

Athena
  • Start Topic

44 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

57% / 67% / 61%

Well, I did slightly better than yesterday...

Again only ran one category, Little Things in a Big World. 

TSes were china, Steel Magnolias, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and The Shield. (I knew what they were going for with The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society but I couldn't get all the words in the right order.)

I was rooting for Zoha but I liked Scott well enough.

I was rooting for anyone BUT Scott

• LOL 1

I didn't get FJ tonight, either.  This is shaping up to be a bad week for me!

I did, however, get the TS of Steel Magnolias, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and bee.

8 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I guessed bee hummingbird just based on the text of the clue, so was a bit surprised that was a TS -- maybe not being able to see the picture helped?

One of them guessed bumblebee, and was ruled incorrect.  I think that threw the rest of them off.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I missed two in film, and one each in flags and "too" (the festoons TS, and I doubt seeing the picture would have helped), but got everything else in the first round - yes, including the bible book, as I knew Leviticus is the one with all the crazy rules.

I usually see festoon as a verb, not a noun, so I didn't think of it.

This was the picture (I think; if not it was very similar):

image.png.d007216078e58f48975c5720ac61c3cc.png

• Love 2
Just now, ams1001 said:

I usually see festoon as a verb, not a noun, so I didn't think of it.

Yep, that's exactly why the picture wouldn't have helped me come up with it (and thank you for posting it).

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Bastet said:

"Okies"?  Really?  I know it was used in the book, but it's a slur and you're not quoting; describe the novel another way ("migrant farm workers head west").

I had no idea Okies is a slur. I thought of it in the same category as Hoosiers or Sooners. “Okie from Muskogee” is not cool for yet another reason?  Fortunately I don’t think I’ve ever actually used the term so I guess I haven’t offended anyone. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, M. Darcy said:

A bit shocked that no one knew Steel Magnolias and sad no one knew The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society (it’s one of my all time favorite books).

Second The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. The movie (on Netflix) is also quite good.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I had no idea Okies is a slur. I thought of it in the same category as Hoosiers or Sooners.

No, it had/has a meaning beyond just being from Oklahoma.  From the Oklahoma Historical Society:

The usage of abbreviated terms to indicate state origins is long in practice, and "Okie" is no exception. "Arkie" for Arkansas and "Tex" for Texas are well known and accepted, and there is evidence that "Okie" was used as early as 1905 as an abbreviated term for Oklahomans.

"Okie" was not widely used until it became a disparaging term to deride the ways of migratory agriculture workers, who through the usage of the term automatically became associated with Oklahoma, even though many had never even driven through the state, much less were able to spell its name.

The term became synonymous with migrants when Ben Reddick, a journalist with the Paso Robles Press in California, saw in migrant camps numerous "old cars with Oklahoma license plates reading 'OK'." On the back of a photo depicting the camps and autos he wrote "Okies," and the image was published with that caption in newspapers. From that time, the term applied to migratory workers.

In 1937 California passed an "Anti-Okie Law," making it a misdemeanor to "bring or assist in bringing" any indigent person into that state. The law was later declared unconstitutional, but the bias remained. There are those who, like Will Rogers, believed that the migration of "Okies" to California raised the intellectual level of both states. In many western states "Okie" continues to be used as a derogatory term. In Arizona an "Okie" is a person with "a pee-stained mattress on top of his car," and an "Okie credit card" is a siphon hose and gas can. In other states an "Okie" is a calf of the lowest quality run through an auction ring.

In the late 1960s Gov. Dewey Bartlett attempted to make the word a complimentary name for Oklahomans, and in 1970 an Oklahoma writer, Mike McCarville, also attempted to dignify the term in his book Okie. Commercial companies joined the movement; the Tulsa Bottling Company even bottled a soft drink, "Okie Cola," for a short time. The attempts failed, for you cannot change a derogatory word into a compliment by declaring that it is merely an abbreviation for state origin. Most old-time Oklahomans still resent the insulting implications, for they are Oklahomans, not "Okies." Nevertheless, in the twenty-first century Webster's dictionary amended its definition to state that the primary definition of "Okie" is a native or resident of Oklahoma.

Like any term used by outsiders to denigrate a group of people, many in that group of people have tried to reclaim it, turning it around as a badge of pride.  But it's still not appropriate for outsiders to casually use it (e.g. put it on a nationally syndicated television program). 

(My dad is from Oklahoma, and his brother will sometimes joke "your Okie side is showing" if I say or do something tacky.  That's his self-deprecating humor, but I'd never say "I'm just getting my Okie on" to joke about the same thing; it's not my place.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2

Under the heading, Unpopular Opinions, I very much enjoy Mayim as host. And as I recall, Ken wanted his introduction as it is given, so I’m fine with the intros. I like both Mayim & Ken as hosts. 

But wait, there’s more. Not clearing the boards is way down on my list of things for which to criticize Jeopardy! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I can’t wait for Ken to be back “hosting Jeopardy”.   I didn’t realize Mayim was coming back so soon and was disappointed yesterday to see her.  I avoided commenting yesterday and gave it another day to see if I’d settle in and enjoy her but alas, that didn’t happen.  Is there a hosting schedule somewhere?  Maybe I can tolerate her if I know for how long.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

Under the heading, Unpopular Opinions, I very much enjoy Mayim as host. And as I recall, Ken wanted his introduction as it is given, so I’m fine with the intros. I like both Mayim & Ken as hosts.

My friend pushed our call back to 7:30, so I went ahead and watched the game even though I'd already read the archive.  I remain fine with Mayim as host, just as I'm fine with Ken as host.  Neither were on my list of "people I'd like to see host J!" - which consisted of Aisha Tyler and Meredith Viera - but both, like pretty much everyone else who filled in during the run of guest hosts, did just fine, and are doing just fine during this filling in after Mike Richards got the boot era.

So I'm good with her hosting the tournaments and other specials as planned, and I also don't much care who they pick as the host of the regular games starting next season, whether it's Ken, someone else, or Mayim is tapped for all hosting duties.  I'm not here for the host; Alex bugged the shit out of me sometimes and I stuck around.  Put someone non-despicable behind the podium and I'll adapt.

I was rooting for Zoha the moment she was introduced as a movement lawyer*, and I hoped she'd polish off that late-game comeback by winning, but it was not to be since she joined me in whiffing FJ.

*Unsure if it's widely known what that means today, I wish she'd been asked about her work in the interview segment.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

Yeah, I need Ken back. I may be able to take small doses of Mayim for prime time tournaments, but I won't be as faithful a viewer if she's also the daily host. What really bugged me tonight was the return of her "C'mon guys" condescension on the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs TS. I got it because my kids liked the book when they were growing up, but it's not as if it should be an instaget for a majority of the population. There was also some giggling again tonight, which seemed to have disappeared during her last stint. Maybe that will improve over the next few days. I hope so.

Perhaps I misheard, but it sounded to me as if Zoha said "Lake Cuomo" instead of Como, which if so, shouldn't have been accepted in a category that required four letter words as answers.

Edited by ProudMary
Typo
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

But wait, there’s more. Not clearing the boards is way down on my list of things for which to criticize Jeopardy! 

I’m with you on both of your Unpopular Opinions! I really enjoy Mayim and I’ve been too chicken to stick up for her because feelings against her on here are so strong. She was so excited when they went to break before FJ with the scores being so close. She sounded like I felt - practically giddy with anticipation. She definitely wasn’t “acting”!

I’m so happy to be back to real games again. An occasional clue left on the board is a small price to pay for genuine competition, where everyone has a chance and a person can come from behind and have a chance at winning, and FJ actually means something. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Perhaps I misheard, but it sounded to me as if Zoha said "Lake Cuomo" instead of Como, which if so, shouldn't have been accepted in a category that required four letter words as answers.

She did.  I was surprised when they didn't take away the money she got for it.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

She did.  I was surprised when they didn't take away the money she got for it.

Me too! Especially given the category— if anyone can figure out a way to spell something pronounced “cuomo” with 4 letters, I’d like to see it.

Not to get nitpicky, but shouldn’t “A” in “A Raisin in the Sun” have been required?  This seems a little more essential than, say, “The” in “The Grapes of Wrath” or other titles where “the” is often dropped. Just curious what the rules are.

I did great today, probably because there were so many pop culture questions. Steel Magnolias was kind of surprising, but I was shocked nobody knew Jasper Johns. I also thought CES was better known.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

I heard Cuomo, too, and yelled, "FOUL!" at the TV. Waited the rest of the show for the correction that never came.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Me too! Especially given the category— if anyone can figure out a way to spell something pronounced “cuomo” with 4 letters, I’d like to see it.

Not to get nitpicky, but shouldn’t “A” in “A Raisin in the Sun” have been required?  This seems a little more essential than, say, “The” in “The Grapes of Wrath” or other titles where “the” is often dropped. Just curious what the rules are.

I did great today, probably because there were so many pop culture questions. Steel Magnolias was kind of surprising, but I was shocked nobody knew Jasper Johns. I also thought CES was better known.

The rules are that initial articles may be omitted without penalty. 

I blanked on FJ but got Jasper Johns, Steel Magnolias, and Midsomer. Art + flags = Jasper Johns. I saw Steel Magnolias only once. but at one school where I taught, it seemed as though every girl in a drama class performed

Spoiler

M'Lynn's speech at Shelby's grave.

I also didn't think Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was so famous that it warranted "C'mon, guys!" I kept trying to think of Roald Dahl books about food besides Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I like Ken better than Mayim, but not enough to stop watching when Mayim is hosting. And a big YES on games where the winner isn't a foregone conclusion halfway through.

• Love 5

Interesting game for me last night. I played very late at a neighbors (I don’t have a DVR and our neighborhood had a Chinese New Year celebration at a nearby restaurant and wine and ginger champagne may have been involved), but did better than I thought I would. I got Jasper Johns, Steel Magnolias, China, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, and knew Avignon for FJ. 

I thought that I had done better the night before as I had run three categories, but didn’t come up with Gertrude Stein. 

I’m going to have to so some research on hummingbirds today. Mine don’t migrate (it’s weird to see them feed when it’s snowing, but I make sure their food is room temperature whatever the weather is), and I think they are Ruby Throated. Now that I saw the image of the Bee hummingbird I need to study their appearance more to make sure I don’t have Bee ones. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I should've run ballet.  I got 4 clues correct and then missed the Baryshnikov one by answering Nureyev instead despite having adored Misha back in the day.  For some reason I found myself debating whether the year was too early for him and decided poorly.

That is exactly what I did.  Ballet is the only category where I might be said to have a burden of knowledge, with a whole lot of names to sift through.  Well also maybe nursery rhymes.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Yeah, I need Ken back. I may be able to take small doses of Mayim for prime time tournaments, but I won't be as faithful a viewer if she's also the daily host. What really bugged me tonight was the return of her "C'mon guys" condescension on the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs TS. I got it because my kids liked the book when they were growing up, but it's not as if it should be an instaget for a majority of the population. There was also some giggling again tonight, which seemed to have disappeared during her last stint. Maybe that will improve over the next few days. I hope so.

That "c'mon guys" bit is obnoxious. I only knew the book because I worked in a  bookstore for years. (It's actually older than I realized - published in 1978; I was three - but it was not a staple of my childhood.) Also her reaction whenever they hit a Daily Double is starting to grate on me.

8 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I definitely heard Cuomo, as well. They should have corrected that.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

A bit shocked that no one knew Steel Magnolias and sad no one knew The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society (it’s one of my all time favorite books).

I fumbled it completely - even though it's also one of my favorites. And I don't typically like short books.

54 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

That "c'mon guys" bit is obnoxious. I only knew the book because I worked in a  bookstore for years. (It's actually older than I realized - published in 1978; I was three - but it was not a staple of my childhood.) Also her reaction whenever they hit a Daily Double is starting to grate on me.

Yes, that was obnoxious. It was published well after my kids weren't reading children's books anymore, so I had no reason to know anything except the quirky title.

40 minutes ago, Mean Machine said:

I said Fried Green Tomatoes instead of Steel Magnolias.  I've never seen either one, but they've always felt like the same movie to me. 

Pretty different movies - only thing in common really is that they take place in the south. Both very good, both kind of tear jerkers.

I knew the city in FJ - I just didn't know the NAME of the city, though I knew about the papacy there, and some of its history. Sigh...

I got the Ring Cycle, only in German. Think they'd give me that?

Loved the "Monk" theme as a clue. We loved that show. I will watch anything with Tony Shalhoub in it.

I thought I'd get more of the Killer TV Series than I did, but I could not come up with "the shield" (someone said the badge - so they were closer than me) and I don't watch too many Brit shows (though I did get the first one, which is quirky).

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I knew the city in FJ - I just didn't know the NAME of the city, though I knew about the papacy there, and some of its history. Sigh...

I just finished a ~600 page book about the middle ages three days ago, which at least twice mentioned the papacy having been moved to Avignon for a time, and it was brought up toward the end, too...and I still didn't get it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Monk being the correct response to a $2K clue would have at least gotten me to the FJ round, had I been on the stage.

I clapped when Zoha went for the True DD and clapped again when she got it.

However, although the name Cuomo is thought to be derived from Como (houseofnames.com/cuomo-family-crest), 
Dear Jeopardy Judges, as I am sure you are aware, that does not make the reverse also true.
If they ruled on it, and all clue outcomes in the rest of J and DJ were the same (big "if" as I'm sure a negative ruling would be distracting), that would have given Zoha $2K less going into her DD, which would have meant (if my math is correct) $4K less going into FJ, or $13,600, which would have been $1K less than Scott's $14,600.
Then, had they both been correct or wrong on FJ, we might have had Cuomo-gate.

So, although I would have liked to see Zoha again, I'm glad we aren't having another Cuomo-gate.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

France, papacy… automatically Avignon.  Didn’t pay much attention to the rest of the game as I was multi-tasking at the time but I certainly heard the WRONG answer of Lake “Cuomo” and was shocked they didn’t correct it.  

I really miss Ken’s hosting but wonder if Mayim is being directed to play up being extra expressive to make it more “exciting” or something.  I really like her as an actress in the shows I’ve seen - yes, even Call Me Kat - but prefer Ken’s more laid back approach to hosting.  My feeling is that the producers are trying to change the show to attract newer younger audiences, which is obviously not me, and Mayim’s performances are a part of that.  The ads for the college tournament have me shuddering, it’s not for me at all.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I get 2 episodes a day, one from a few months ago & the current one (Amy’s first game will be on today.) One of the categories on the rerun was comedians catch phrases. The highest value clue was “Can we talk” which was a triple stumper. Ken just said “I feel old—Joan Rivers.” Didn’t blame them & made himself the butt of the joke, not the contestants. 

• Love 16

I also heard Cuomo ... coming from my own mouth because I realized after reading all your comments just now that I said it way, too ... oops.

Last night was the first night since Amy left that my husband and I decided to try to remember the contestants' names.  Up until now we have just been calling them Rando 1, Rando 2 and Rando 3.  We thought Jay's name was John or Jim and finally nailed it correctly last night, only to see him go bye-bye to Scott.  And before him, we called Carrie Cathy. 

Last night's game was the first enjoyable one since Amy left.  The others before this one were a real slog to get through.

• Love 2

Add me to the list of those who heard "Cuomo". I did get Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs- my son loved that book.  Also got Steel Magnolias , festoon, and FJ.

Must admit "C'mon guys" rubbed me the wrong way.  I was reminded of Alex during the infamous football category a few years back- that's the way to handle it.

I much prefer Ken, but I will continue to watch.  Let's just hope Call Me Kat is picked up for another season.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

I also heard Cuomo ... coming from my own mouth because I realized after reading all your comments just now that I said it way, too ... oops.

When I was playing via the archive, I said "Cuomo.  No, wait, Como" (not thinking Como was pronounced Cuomo, thinking at first the lake was called Cuomo and then remembering it's Como).  I've only ever seen it written, never heard it said, so when Zoha said Cuomo, I thought I was inadvertently right the first time and that's how it's, against all logic, pronounced.  I can't believe they let that go.

• Love 2

I was deeply disappointed that none of the contestants knew Midsomer Murders.

FJ was an instaget since the Avignon captivity and the Great Schism to which it lead were covered in more than of my medieval history classes.  Of course I spent the rest of the night with "Sur le pont d'Avignon" stuck in my head.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m going to have to so some research on hummingbirds today. Mine don’t migrate (it’s weird to see them feed when it’s snowing, but I make sure their food is room temperature whatever the weather is), and I think they are Ruby Throated. Now that I saw the image of the Bee hummingbird I need to study their appearance more to make sure I don’t have Bee ones. 

Probably not, unless you live in Cuba.  If you are east of the Mississippi River, your hummingbirds are almost certainly Ruby-Throated, though we do get the occasional stray from the west. 

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Loved the "Monk" theme as a clue. We loved that show. I will watch anything with Tony Shalhoub in it.

Same!  Bonus points if it has both Tony Shalhoub and Stanley Tucci.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I googled Lake Como and it is pronounced Cuomo in Italian. I think that's why it wasn't reversed.

Interesting; the four results I clicked on all pronounced it Como.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Whereas it is at the top of my list of things to criticize, far above anything else, even failure to require specific first names. I wanna see all the clues, damn it.  But to each, their own. :-)

11 hours ago, ProudMary said:

What really bugged me tonight was the return of her "C'mon guys" condescension on the Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs TS. I got it because my kids liked the book when they were growing up, but it's not as if it should be an instaget for a majority of the population.

Yeah, that seemed out of line to me.  I knew the book despite not having children because I used to work in a bookstore for more than a decade and we sold a lot of it.  Otherwise I would've been just as clueless as the contestants.  It's not like they missed Winnie the Pooh or The Cat in the Hat.  Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs isn't a cultural touchstone.

11 hours ago, JMarie99 said:

I’m so happy to be back to real games again. An occasional clue left on the board is a small price to pay for genuine competition, where everyone has a chance and a person can come from behind and have a chance at winning, and FJ actually means something. 

I agree with most of this, clues left on the board notwithstanding.  I usually hate runaway games unless I'm particularly attached to the player with the giant score.  (waves at Sam from last year's TOC)

7 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

Art + flags = Jasper Johns.

Indeed.

I got the Ring Cycle, only in German. Think they'd give me that?

Der Ring des Nibelungen is an accepted title for the Ring Cycle in opera circles, so I'd have fought for that answer being correct.

I thought I'd get more of the Killer TV Series than I did, but I could not come up with "the shield" (someone said the badge - so they were closer than me) and I don't watch too many Brit shows (though I did get the first one, which is quirky).

I ran that category.  Of course, I love British shows about murder in quirky locales so I know never to visit secluded English villages or colorful former British possessions in the Caribbean.

1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

I googled Lake Como and it is pronounced Cuomo in Italian. I think that's why it wasn't reversed.

The example I saw on Youtube had it pronounced more like "Co-mo" but that doesn't mean there aren't variants.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I was deeply disappointed that none of the contestants knew Midsomer Murders.

So was I.  I think that was the only ts I did get, unless Death in Paradise was also a ts.

I was so close to FJ.  I knew the answer but could only get the Av part, then Avalon kept getting in the way.

One more strike against Mayim in my book:  when Zoha's FJ answer of Orleans was revealed, Mayim pronounced it as in New Orleans, instead of the proper French pronunciation as Alex, and probably, Ken would have done. 

I like the new champ but would have been happy if Zoha had won, Cuomo (which I didn't notice) notwithstanding.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Trey said:

One more strike against Mayim in my book:  when Zoha's FJ answer of Orleans was revealed, Mayim pronounced it as in New Orleans, instead of the proper French pronunciation as Alex, and probably, Ken would have done. 

I criticized that at the time, too.  Not "Or-leens.  Or-le-on, damn it."

• Love 8
On 2/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, HelenBaby said:

Both are extremely remarkable. I don’t know how your brain doesn’t turn to mush even playing ten games over two days. Even though Ken was off for a couple of months doesn’t take away the fact that once he jumped back into it that was his reality. 

Time off was probably an advantage for Ken but Amy had the advantage of knowing a year in advance that she was going to be on and the trove of Jeopardy! trivia sites out there.  Correct me if I'm wrong but Jeopardy! Archive likely didn't exist during Ken's run or was in its infancy.  She admitted this was a source of training for her. 

Both had amazing achievements with different advantages.

5 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

I really miss Ken’s hosting but wonder if Mayim is being directed to play up being extra expressive to make it more “exciting” or something.  I really like her as an actress in the shows I’ve seen - yes, even Call Me Kat - but prefer Ken’s more laid back approach to hosting.

My unpopular opinion is that I actually enjoy Call Me Kat, especially this season.  So having her do that show while Ken hosts Jeopardy! is my ideal scenario. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jeopardy! Archive likely didn't exist during Ken's run or was in its infancy.

I can't tell from this article whether it started during his run or after; someone else was maintaining an archive, but got sick of Ken's run, and quit after season 20.  J-archive "filled the void", but I don't know if it happened immediately:

Robert Knecht Schmidt, a student from Cleveland, is the man who coded and maintains J-Archive. (He told me that he prefers to be called the site’s “founding archivist”—many people do the nightly transcribing for J-Archive, and “at this point the Archive kind of lives on its own.”) I reached him, initially, through Facebook, where his profile picture was a shot from his own Jeopardy! appearance, last March.

“I’d watched the show since I was 4 years old,” Schmidt told me. “During Ken Jennings’ run, I started following message boards, and there was a woman—Ronnie O’Rourke—who was keeping a record of each show. She called it Jeoparchive. She single-handedly archived Season 20.”

O’Rourke’s AOL-hosted site, which has since vanished from the Internet, began as a resource for contestants preparing to compete on the show, as she had in 2002. In getting herself ready for her appearance, she used “out of date” preparation books published before the advent of the Web. (The one I’d bought used off Amazon had Alex Trebek on the cover with a still-dark mustache.)

O’Rourke’s experience on the show was as thrilling as she’d hoped it would be—she even won an episode—but she grew disillusioned with Jeopardy! during its 20th season, when Jennings began his record run of 74 consecutive victories. “I don’t want to see anybody up there for weeks and months at a time,” O’Rourke told me. “I think of all the people who could’ve had the pleasure of saying, ‘I’ma Jeopardy! champion.’ ” O’Rourke stopped updating Jeoparchive with the 20th season.

J-Archive filled the void, almost exhaustively, though there are some gaps in the early seasons. (“No one thought to tape them, and we may never have archives,” said Schmidt.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 2
17 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

My husband was surprised when I answered it.  I live a whole life on YouTube he knows nothing about.

I actually made a pledge to the local PBS station a couple of years ago to get the MM "Another Day In Paradise" mug for mty best friend's Christmas present.  Wish I could've afforded two of them.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Same!  Bonus points if it has both Tony Shalhoub and Stanley Tucci.

We've been trying to find "Big Night" to watch again. So far no luck.

21 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

My husband was surprised when I answered it.  I live a whole life on YouTube he knows nothing about.

Same here.

• Love 4