Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 38 (2021-2022)

Athena
  • Start Topic

I have been checking every day to see if Amy loses.

Today, I forgot. I was tired after work and just laying on my bed with my cat and my phone, figuring I would watch the episode later, and it didn't even occur to me to check TJF ahead of time.

Then I got a push notification to my phone...Google News pushed it through from NBC.

This is also what happened with Matt - the first time I forgot to check ahead of time, was the time he lost (though I did end up checking during a commercial break on that day, so I at least knew before FJ happened).

I did end up watching today's episode. I am so sad Amy whiffed on FJ. My least favourite Amysterisk. Also, I wonder if Rhone would have bet it all for that DD without Ken's comments.

Amy had an amazing run and I was really hopefully she would get to 73 wins. I am looking forward to seeing her in the TOC. I usually like the long-term champs, but I reeeeeally liked Amy. I am crushed.

• Love 5

So I started to watch this episode and Amy of course pulled ahead right away. And I was thinking do I really want to watch another runaway, I decided "no" and turned the channel. Only to have my mother in law text me asking if I watched it. I of course asked her to spoil me and she told me that Amy lost.

I'm kind of glad, no offense to her but it will nice to hopefully have competition again. And I am looking forward to seeing her and Matt face off in the tournament of champion's. 

• Love 4

Well, it had to end sometime, and when Rhone got the last DD, bet big and got it, so Amy didn't have a lock at the end of DJ, I knew it was entirely possible this could be the night, even though he wasn't a particularly impressive player, because Amy has been iffy in FJ lately.

I wasn't getting tired of her, but I'm also not upset she lost; she had a terrific run and I greatly enjoyed watching it.  She's my favorite long-term champ since Julia (although I did quite like Matt in between; I just like even more the way they both quietly and traditionally played and kept winning).

On a shallow note, I loved Janice's hair.  There was nothing extraordinary about it, but the cut and color looked perfect for her face (and I hardly ever notice things like that).

I was a little surprised by the Johnny Unitas TS, just because they'd been doing very well in the category.  "Before their time", I guess.  And, yes, the lack of a BMS prompt at "Manning" was ridiculous.

As a football fan, that category was a breeze for me (and I thought it was pretty easy for casual or even non-fans, as it stuck mostly to really big name QBs who got/get a lot of media coverage).  I got everything in the first round other than one each in cereal, 10 (the bible book clue, of course) and creatures (the wrasse TS, which I wouldn't have come up with in 100 years; I've seen them in a friend's tank, but had no idea what they're called).

In DJ, I ran 1770s thanks to a couple of lucky guesses, but that was it.  I missed all but one in gods (I know, shocking), and was just as bad in alphabets (I knew two others, but couldn't get them from my brain to my mouth in time).  I missed two in books, and one each in the others (giving myself credit for "Barney", since if they're going to accept "Barney the Dinosaur" for "Barney and Friends" - which is bullshit - my answer surely also counts).

FJ wasn't an instaget, but I reasoned my way to it quickly.  I started with -sh countries (figuring that was the most likely for ending in H) in Asia (since it has so many of the most populous countries), and, voila, Bangladesh sprang to mind.

Rhone's reaction to winning was great.  Here's what happened after the show cut away; what a great exchange with Amy (and fun stuff with Ken's reaction to hearing the name of the woman who beat him):

• Love 15
3 hours ago, mjc570 said:

The fact that she didn't even have an answer for Fj - one which I thought was so obvious as to make me doubt the show - I thought was pretty telling.

There’s only one country that ends in an H. If it doesn’t come to you in time, what else could you possibly guess? It’s not a question where maybe something could be the answer and you just guess anything.

I had no clue. I’m sure it would have finally come to me with enough time but I just didn’t get there within 30 seconds. 

I like Amy and I am glad she is now the 2nd winningest contestant. I knew she’d never get near Ken’s total because that is just a crazy amount. I’m sad she’s gone but I like the guy who won and I don’t mind seeing new people. I watch for the questions, not the contestants.

And I really like that the new champ knew that going all in on that DD was the only way to get the chance to pass Amy. It was always annoying when challengers get a DD and bet almost nothing.

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 19

I was really happy for Rhone, and am looking forward to more competitive play. But I am really sad to see Amy go. I liked her from the start and found her eminently root-worthy. Of all the post-Ken champions, she also seemed the most likely to topple his record. I was really looking forward to watching her make a run at that.

Oh well. At least I got to fully watch this episode. (I usually have it on during dinner prep, so miss a lot of the visuals.) I knew Rhone had a good shot early on, when he was already building cash before Amy had even rung in for a single clue.

3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I would love to ask Rhone if he got his glasses at the See optical store in Old Orchard;

According to an interview he did with Vulture, he bought them from Nihao Optical, an online store he found through an Instagram ad.

https://www.vulture.com/article/interview-rhone-talsma-defeats-amy-schneider-on-jeopardy.html

“I took a risk, and the second I put them on, I was like, This is the look! It’s my new signature look! A month after I got the glasses, I auditioned, and people certainly commented on them during the audition. I do feel like they got me there, on some level. It’s a nice way to stand out."

Surprisingly to me, this game was taped before Amy’s first episode even aired— it seems so long ago! —so his only exposure to her gameplay was watching the taping of Monday and Tuesday’s episodes.

“So I was watching her and thought, She’s beatable. Random chance plays a huge role in the game. Inevitably, something will happen and she’s not going to make it. Even though I wasn’t going into my game thinking I’d beat her, I had that mindset of, Well, someone might beat her. Maybe not today, but it will happen eventually. I was paying attention to her strategy and decided when I went in that I was going to play differently than she was." 

He certainly didn’t appear to be intimidated, which is impressive in itself. I think he could last a while— although I see myself tiring of those glasses very quickly.

Edited by 30 Helens
Rhone is a person. Rhône is a river.
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SeanC said:

I got an email notification from the Washington Post midway through the game that she lost, which was less than ideal, but what a great run from her.

That's what happened to me, too. 

I was pretty upset about being spoiled, but I think I would have been much more tense watching when it looked like she might lose, if I hadn't been spoiled-- and I don't really need the extra tension, so I guess it worked out okay.

Still, I think it's obnoxious that there's such a craving for a scoop that the media can't wait a little longer. 

Rhone is likable. I'm happy for him, but I'll miss Amy, too.

• Love 5

You know, it's funny, I was fifteen in 2004 when Ken had his run, and I DO remember getting very, VERY tired of seeing him win (and I can't stand James so seeing him lose was great--and I didn't even see him until he basically lost/the GOAT tournament, so that says a LOT right there LMAO), and yet, I was very sad to see both Matt AND Amy go.

(Jonathan? Meh.)

Amy just seems like the sweetest, most down to earth person ever, with the most INFECTIOUS smile. And of course, her run was so historic, for both women, the trans community, AND the LGBTQIA+ community at large. I can't wait to see her again in the Tournament of Champions!

(In addition to her and Matt, I'm also looking forward to seeing Courtney Shah and Sam Buttrey--or as I call him, Professor Steve Martin--again, too.) 

And for those of you who don't know: The College Tournament is airing on ABC in primetime this year, so that'll be double the Jeopardy!, like during the GOAT tournament.

(And for those of us who watch it at 7:30 on ABC--like I do in the Washington, DC market--we get it back-to-back!)

Finally: I also got Leonardo DiCaprio for the Romper Room clue; he grew up in Los Angeles, and when was five, he was actually removed from the set of that city's version of the show for causing too much of a fuss on camera.

And a star was born!

XD

Edited by UYI
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Still, I think it's obnoxious that there's such a craving for a scoop that the media can't wait a little longer. 

Spoilers in news stories are annoying, but understandable. Spoilers in push notifications are just rude.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

It was a great run for Amy who I admired rather than liked while being amazed at the breadth of her knowledge.  She also met my number one criteria tonight - lose at least as graciously as you win if not more so - for that reason alone, I can root for her in the Tournament of Champions or any other future appearances.

On her Twitter, she had talked about how what you didn't see was how much fun she was having.  That came through in her reaction to her loss.  Rhone's reaction was really terrific.  And I like the glasses.  But it will be interesting if he changes them up if he goes on a streak long enough to have to come back and film more episodes.

1 hour ago, Cotypubby said:

And I really like that the new champ knew that going all in on that DD was the only way to get the chance to pass Amy. It was always annoying when challengers get a DD and bet almost nothing.

I think he had the benefit of landing on that second Daily Double relatively later in the second round. There weren't that many clues left and it was the only way to get into striking distance for Final Jeopardy. If a contestant lands on it earlier, they are likely risk averse because rebuilding from ground zero is intimidating.

This is especially true if they didn't see Amy play on TV, which it sounds like they didn't.  As an audience, we know she can start somewhat slow but really find her rhythm in the DJ round.  The people going against her probably knew she was successful but not how she was successful. They didn't know that she'd wipe the floor with them in that round if they didn't go big.

I love Amy but I was getting tired of the runaway wins. So I'm glad she holds the second longest winning streak and I'm looking forward to TOC but I'm hoping for some more competitive games.

• Love 7

I could think all day and not come up with Bangladesh so kudos to Rhône.  I’m a librarian from the Chicago area but I FF through the intros.  I’m old though so don’t appreciate bold eyewear.  I’m guessing he’s a public librarian.

Edited by PaulaO
  • Love 4

I approached FJ like I do Crostics---word ends in "H", probably "TH" or "SH" --> "ETH" or "ESH" --> "ESH" --> "Bangledesh", not even sure it's a country but it's all I can think of so I'm going with it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Was spoiled for Amy's loss, unfortunately. Went to check my email upon getting done with work at 7:30 p.m., and there it was on the main page. Thanks, Google. The show airs at 7:30 here, you couldn't have waited a little longer? And I'm in the East, so this was 4:30 in the afternoon in the Pacific time zone. Reminds me of when I lived in CA, it was always a challenge trying to avoid spoilers. 

FJ came to me almost immediately, but I wasn't certain about it. I spent the next 29 seconds trying to think of another country that ended in H, and came up empty, so stuck with it. My last A* 😑

Rhone's gutsy DD wager in DJ was the deciding factor. Where others have been overly cautious, he put it all on the line, and it paid off. Will be interesting to see how long he'll reign.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This is especially true if they didn't see Amy play on TV, which it sounds like they didn't.  

According to an article about her loss, last night's episode was taped on November 9th; her very first episode aired on November 17th. So yeah, they had only seen the two episodes with her taped prior to this one in the studio. 

• Love 3

New York Times had an article today (may or may not be a paywall..)

‘Jeopardy!’ Hasn’t Had a Player Like Amy Schneider

When Amy Schneider’s 40-day “Jeopardy!” winning streak ended, she said she handed out thank you notes to the crew, briefly chatted with other contestants, then excused herself.

“I went in the bathroom, cried for about 30 or 40 seconds, pulled myself together and headed out,” Ms. Schneider said from her sunny apartment in Oakland on Friday.

The way she recounted her defeat mirrored the way she played on “Jeopardy!”: quickly, efficiently and with matter-of-fact warmth.

“It wasn’t just a feeling of sadness, there was a sense of relief,” she added. “It was so exhausting.”

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Gimmick Genius said:

The similar dystopian movie with Bruce Dern would be Silent Running

As for Rocinante, in college I 'built' stick-horse Rocinante (and Sancho's donkey) out of paper mache and burlap for a production of Man of LaMancha.

I'm pretty sure Silent Running is what made me think of Dern instead of Heston.

16 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I like Rhone but I found his glasses quite distracting. Loved how shocked he was at beating a superchamp.

I noted his glasses, but I got used to them. After watching the post-Mary Berry (Barry?) British Bake Off shows, I got used to garish colors in eyewear and clothes. They've become a fun thing to look for with each new episode.

16 hours ago, bankerchick said:

I call BS on 'Manning' not being a BMS.  He's not the only Manning to have won a Super Bowl.  He's not even the only Manning to win a Super Bowl in the 2000s.

I did too. Especially since I picked the wrong Manning.

16 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

That annoyed me, and if it had made a difference in the end, I'd have been really pissed.  I can't believe none of them knew Johnny Unitas.  I ran the football category, which means it was easy as hell.  I've been checking the clues on the archive every day and honestly, the producer who claims the clues haven't gotten easier is wrong.

I can't believe Rhone missed Ft. Bragg but then I'm biased since my dad was in the 82nd Airborne and talked about Ft. Bragg all the time.  But it was prominently in the news a couple of years ago.

I got Bangladesh by thinking of extremely populous countries which led me to India, and of course Bangladesh is right next door.

I figure Unitas is ancient history in football (which is why I got him).

I can't believe I missed Ft. Bragg - my father attended Green Beret training there, but got injured and washed out. My mind just went blank.

Other than Ft. Bragg (and sadly, FJ) I did fairly well. My mind was sharp and I got a lot of answers - though I don't believe I ran a category. I found Book Bindings far easier than Before and Afters - maybe it's because I only had to think of a single word. Only missed the "King" one, because of Rat. sigh...

As for Amy's loss, I am surprised I wasn't sad, given how much I enjoyed seeing her. We'd been noticing she seemed to be slipping lately, and looked a little tired. Plus, Rhone played pretty well.  I loved Rhone's reaction at the end, and thank you @Bastet for sharing the video. I'm going to show that to the mister later.

15 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I didn't get FJ tonight.  I was in the right part of the world, but kept trying to think of something that ended in -ah.  Bangladesh never occurred to me.

Same with us.

14 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

It was both right (Peyton Manning) and wrong (Eli Manning) at the same time, which is why it needed a BMS for clarification.

Would that be a Schrodinger's answer?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I will say that it amused me when Rhone guessed Fort Smith on the Fayetteville clue--the second largest city in Arkansas is Fort Smith, and it's only about an hour away from that state's Fayetteville (home of the flagship University of Arkansas campus); both sides of my family are from/in and around those two cities. I have no idea if he knew that and just forgot that the category was The Carolinas, or if it was just a weird coincidence, but I appreciated it all the same. :) 

That said, the nearest actual fort from Fort Smith is actually called Fort Chaffee. :) 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

When Amy Schneider’s 40-day “Jeopardy!” winning streak ended, she said she handed out thank you notes to the crew, briefly chatted with other contestants, then excused herself.

“I went in the bathroom, cried for about 30 or 40 seconds, pulled myself together and headed out,” Ms. Schneider said from her sunny apartment in Oakland on Friday.

The way she recounted her defeat mirrored the way she played on “Jeopardy!”: quickly, efficiently and with matter-of-fact warmth.

“It wasn’t just a feeling of sadness, there was a sense of relief,” she added. “It was so exhausting.”

Aw, thanks for sharing this here, @ams1001 because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.  I just read it to my husband and we both agree that it sounds exactly like what we would have expected from the Amy that we have both so enjoyed watching.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

New York Times had an article today (may or may not be a paywall..)

Wait. What? Did she have to put some of the clothes back???

...After settling on a haul that included a navy Alex Evenings gown, a blue and tan floral print dress by Maggy London, Marc Fisher pumps with a chunky heel and some jewelry, Ms. Schneider’s tab exceeded the $2,000 she had been given.
But when the cashier ran her credit card, her bank flagged the transaction as potentially fraudulent. The irony of having a credit card problem after having won more than a million dollars was not lost on Ms. Schneider, but there was little time to dwell on the matter.
She was already late for a free hair coloring appointment across town.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

By the way, the 10 most populous countries are China, India, United States, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia, and Mexico.  I'm afraid I was stumped on FJ.  All my lizard brain could do was think of anything with an "h."  Pnomh Penh?  Not a country.  Philippines?  Not the end.  Etc.  I doubt Bangladesh would have come to me given an hour.  I like to think of myself as fairly worldly, but I still have a lot to learn about countries outside of our own and Europe.  I did think Janice's suggestion that she was trying to write "Syriah" just to have something was cute.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, illdoc said:

I approached FJ like I do Crostics---word ends in "H", probably "TH" or "SH" --> "ETH" or "ESH" --> "ESH" --> "Bangledesh", not even sure it's a country but it's all I can think of so I'm going with it.

That's exactly what I did.  I know nothing about the country.     

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Aw, thanks for sharing this here, @ams1001 because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.  I just read it to my husband and we both agree that it sounds exactly like what we would have expected from the Amy that we have both so enjoyed watching.  

I get their "The Morning" newsletter or I probably wouldn't have seen it, either. Sometimes I can actually read the articles, sometimes I have to go through my library's ProQuest access, which doesn't usually include pictures. So I was glad I was able to read this one.

• Love 2

I vaguely recall that when the Mississippi River flooded in 1993, Bangladesh was the only country that sent aid.  They produce a lot of jute, so they sent a ship load of bags to be used as sandbags.  Does anyone else remember this?

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, Driad said:

I vaguely recall that when the Mississippi River flooded in 1993, Bangladesh was the only country that sent aid.  They produce a lot of jute, so they sent a ship load of bags to be used as sandbags.  Does anyone else remember this?

What I know about Bangladesh is it used to be East Pakistan and during a famine, George Harrison did a benefit concert for them.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

What I know about Bangladesh is it used to be East Pakistan and during a famine, George Harrison did a benefit concert for them.

That was about the extent of my knowledge as well.  I went through North America, Brazil, Russia, China, India... Pakistan is around there... Oh wait, isn't that Bangladesh on the opposite corner of India from Pakistan?  I was surprised it was one of the most populous countries, though.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DXD526 said:

FJ came to me almost immediately, but I wasn't certain about it. I spent the next 29 seconds trying to think of another country that ended in H, and came up empty, so stuck with it.

There isn't one:

The only nation in the world whose name in English ends in an H, it's also one of the 10 most populous

• Love 1

I got Bangladesh almost immediately, but then tried to think of any alternatives... but then, there couldn't be, if it's the ONLY country ending in H (Canadah? Russiah? Mexicoh?)! I thought it was noteworthy that the clue stipulated the name of the country "in English". That made me think of Österreich which is the name of Austria IN GERMAN. Are there other countries that would fit "ends in H" in their own languages?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Gimmick Genius said:

I got Bangladesh almost immediately, but then tried to think of any alternatives... but then, there couldn't be, if it's the ONLY country ending in H (Canadah? Russiah? Mexicoh?)! I thought it was noteworthy that the clue stipulated the name of the country "in English". That made me think of Österreich which is the name of Austria IN GERMAN. Are there other countries that would fit "ends in H" in their own languages?

Transliterated from Arabic, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is "Al-Mamlaka Al-‘Arabiyyah as Sa‘ūdiyyah" and United Arab Emirates are "Al-’Imārat Al-‘Arabiyyah Al-Muttaḥidah."

And, actually, Syria is "Suriyah."  So while Janice seemed to me to be kidding, she was in a way on to something!

As many little gaffes as there seem to have been recently, I appreciate that the writers thoughtfully pinned this one to the English only.

Edited by 853fisher
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

As many little gaffes as there seem to have been recently, I appreciate that the writers thoughtfully pinned this one to the English only.

They did the same thing in another "name that country" FJ clue where it wouldn't have been accurate had they not specified they were going by the English names, but I don't remember what the clue was.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I did think Janice's suggestion that she was trying to write "Syriah" just to have something was cute.

I was trying to figure out if the Brits had an alternative spelling for Indiah. No luck.

• Love 2

I have not been watching regularly as I get tired of watching long-term champions (mainly because they have an established approach to the game and it takes some of the spontaneity of play away for me).  I like all of the champions, but just tire of them.  However, I did watch last night and thought there was a chance that Amy may lose and then was blown away when she did.  Since I came up with Bangladesh, I just assumed she would as well. Although I will enjoy the upcoming episodes and the possibilities of who may win, I did enjoy Amy and I envy her knowledge (oh, and I'm from Oakland so felt a bit of connection...).

Am not looking forward to the College Tournament as I just don't care for Mayim as host.  Oh well.

Edited by seacliffsal
wanted to add that I'm not looking forward to Mayim as I am enjoying Ken as "hosting"
  • Love 5

Last night I went for a movie at the theater I like in Amy's neighborhood.  I was too tired to stick around for a nightcap.  Imagine my surprise this morning when I read in the NYT that Amy and her well-wishers had their watch party in the bar right behind my bus stop!  Drat.

My guess for FJ was Mason Weems, who invented the "I cannot tell a lie" cherry tree story and various other elements of Washingtonian hagiography.  I considered Pierre L'Enfant, who laid out Washington DC, but I ruled him out for being French, not Irish.  Oh well!

The first round had great categories for me.  Muni was a fair guess for BART: that's transit within San Francisco only, and the systems actually share a few stations.  I like Bette on the "Dolly" soundtrack, but I loved seeing Betty Buckley, who took over for the tour, do it.

I confused Cricket, which is a service provider, with Jitterbug.  I hadn't seen commercials for the phones in a while, but was interested to see that they now make a simplified smartphone as well as the large-everything clamshells I remembered them featuring.

Finally, if you were wondering whether the melody category was supposed to represent a tune or spell something, as far as I can tell, there are no Easter eggs hiding there.  I thought it was nearly "too clever by half," but maybe not quite there.

• Love 3

Which also means she had thank you cards written and ready before the day's/week's taking began at least. That's a class act.

• Love 15

I didn't do particularly well tonight, quite disappointing after getting almost everything right last night.  I knew FJ had to refer to the artist who painted the most famous portrait of George Washington but couldn't come up with his name to save my life.  George Washington Carver kept getting in the way.

55% / 60% / 57%

I got home ten minutes late (watched on youtube), had to wrestle with grocery bags and my work bag and a package on my porch, my two-day migraine is still lingering behind my eyes (yes, I definitely got that clue right), and my glasses are bothering me , so that's why I did so badly. Yeah, we'll go with that.

I only ran The W.H.O Says, missed one in Books & Authors, and two or more in everything else. I got no DDs or FJ. My TSes (there were a bunch!**) were Bette Midler, French Lick, gondolas, Pearl S. Buck, Livingstone, and she's married.

This game was kind of painful.

**There were nine TSes - five in round 1 and four in round 2, plus a missed DD in each round.

• Love 4

My TSs: Bette Midler, Jitterbug (missed DD), gondolas ("Venice"+"transportation" how could you not say "gondola"?), Cardinal, Pearl Buck (anyone who couldn't come up with the author of "The Good Earth" should turn in their buzzer) and the FJ* of Stuart. I said "crab legs" instead of "crab claws" (better answer than "blue crab" at least). That show was painful to watch!

Edited by illdoc
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Conotocarious said:

Lots of TSs so far. Boring.

Is this supposed to be more competitive? Its painful.

It was more competitive in that all 3 contestants did equally as not good.

I confess to being fascinated by the new champ's last name.  Cadwallader is not entirely uncommon in the Philadelphia area due to the concentration of Welsh immigrants in its western suburbs (particularly in and around Bryn Mawr).  I wonder if her family originally came for there.

12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My TSes (there were a bunch!**) were Bette Midler, French Lick, gondolas, Pearl S. Buck, Livingstone, and she's married.

I didn't get French Lick.  I've heard of it and wondered where the name came from.  I did get the others, as well as Jitterbug and cardinal.  I said "crabs", then "blue crabs" but didn't get crab claws; I hate crabs even though I was born and raised on the Eastern Shore.  And I have to shamefully admit that I could not come up with Mowgli despite absolutely adoring The Jungle Book.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, illdoc said:

("Venice"+"transportation" how could you not say "gondola"?)

Right?!?!

4 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I said "crab legs" instead of "crab claws" (better answer than "blue crab" at least). That show was painful to watch!

I also said crab legs. In my defense, I don't eat shellfish. (Or nonshellfish, except the occasional tuna sandwich.)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I thought it was only me!

I'm the girl who goes to a restaurant called The Lobster Pot and gets filet mignon. (It was damn good, too!)

(It was on Cape Cod; Provincetown, I think.)

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm the girl who goes to a restaurant called The Lobster Pot and gets filet mignon. (It was damn good, too!)

(It was on Cape Cod; Provincetown, I think.)

I've done that in the local crab house on occasion.  I hate seafood.

• Love 4

I got FJ, but it was a guess.  An educated guess, I guess.

I got the missed clues of gondola, Jitterbug, David Livingstone (before the wrong answer), Pearl Buck, The Jane Austen Book Club and marriage.

I did terrible in the first half of the first round, but I rallied after that and had a pretty good night.

• Love 1

Well, Rone did not last long...I thought he seemed nervous, had a 'deer in the headlights" look.  And Carole did not impress me at the beginning & I cant believe none of them got the answer of "Gondola" for Venice!

• Love 9